Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

flexing our claws (c)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6715

flexing our claws (c) Empty
PostSubject: flexing our claws (c)   flexing our claws (c) EmptySat Jul 23, 2022 1:50 pm

Flutterpaw hadn't done much fighting before. He wasn't too enamored with the idea, honestly-- running around and hunting were both much more fun. However, if push came to shove, he needed to be ready to defend his Clan. So, Whisperear had taught him the basics, then recommended that he spar with another apprentice. Hawkheart's apprentice, Daisypaw, had been available. So it was that they went out into the territory, and found a secluded little flat place on the hills to spar together.

At least he got to do this with someone else. Flutterpaw was as cheerful as ever as they made their way into the territory, enjoying the warmth of the sun on their backs. He hadn't talked much with Daisypaw before, not since all the kits were out of the nursery. Maybe they could be friends! "Have you fought much before?" the small black tom asked curiously. "I'm not sure what Hawkheart's taught you. I only know the basics." He flicked an ear as he thought. Whisperear had said they ought to keep their claws sheathed, but if Daisypaw had a lot more experience than him, she might just defeat him easily. Was that important? He decided it didn't matter. They reached the pre-determined little area, and he stopped, turning around to face her. Light green eyes met the she-cat's gaze, almost reassuring. "Don't worry about hurting me! Just go ahead and start. No claws, of course. It's just like play fighting when we were kits, right?"

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2850

PostSubject: Re: flexing our claws (c)   flexing our claws (c) EmptyMon Aug 01, 2022 6:00 pm

Daisypaw walked along confidently next to her fellow apprentice. She had absolutely no clue how to fight at all … but like how hard could it be? She hadn’t gotten a chance to meet a lot of the other apprentices besides gold her brother. And flutter seemed friendly enough and very talkative today.

I have no idea what I’m doing she admitted with a little shrug…

Even so… bet I can still hear you she purred competitively but still in a friendly manor.

Hmm let’s make it interesting loser had to …. Clean out the elders den? it was her turn to do that anyways so if she lost no big deal . She grinned to herself

Oh yeah… just like kits…of course no claws she nodded agreeing… she was really glad he specified that she hadn’t ever sparred before and sometimes got super competitive she probably would have scratched him up if he didn’t say that bit.

She tried to think of a good first starting move… her dad hadn’t shown her any of this yet. She had to remind herself several times in her head not to use claws as she circled him in the little flat space that they had as their arena.

She did not want to hurt him but she realllyyyy wanted to win this. Tell her parents that she won her first spar.

She swung at him a bit awkwardly since she had no idea what she was doing but got lucky enough that it landed.

Daisypaw uses front paw blow 4dmng 5 sp

Daisypaw:
20hp
55 sp

Flutter paw:
16 hp (-4)
60 sp

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: flexing our claws (c)   flexing our claws (c) EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 1:21 pm

Flutterpaw smiled. "Sure, you're on," he agreed cheerfully. He didn't mind cleaning the elder's den much anyway-- but it would probably feel nice to win, wouldn't it? Neither of them had much battle experience, but it seemed like Daisypaw had less than him. Maybe that would give him an advantage?

Well, only one way to find out!

She struck first, a glancing blow on his shoulder that lightly knocked him off balance. No claws, as they'd promised. He thought for a moment about what to do next, then decided to do what he and Adderpaw had often done as kits. Flutterpaw jumped forward, tackling Daisypaw to the ground and pinning her by leaning forward with his weight. In battle, this move would probably use claws, but instead he just pressed his soft paws down on her shoulders.

Flutterpaw used Leap-and-Hold on Daisypaw, dealing 6 damage and costing 15 stamina. Daisypaw is pinned for... 2 turns!

Flutterpaw:
16/20 HP
45/60 SP

Daisypaw:
14/20 HP
55/60 SP

⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

Last edited by Ash on Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15046

PostSubject: Re: flexing our claws (c)   flexing our claws (c) EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 1:21 pm

The member 'Ash' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 6

flexing our claws (c) Mistpe10
flexing our claws (c) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: flexing our claws (c)   flexing our claws (c) EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 3:15 pm

Daisypaw was surprised by his tactics as she was stuck under him.  She tried to push him off with little effect.  Ugh he was heavy … he must have had a big breakfast.  Ackk … get off you big loaf she giggled teasing a little but friendly enough tone of just joking.

She squirmed trying to get free of his grasp.  Ducking down , she attempted to twist out of the older apprentices grasp and knock him off…

Daisypaw uses duck and twist rolling for effect…

She couldn’t shake him and as still stuck under his pin. She panted a little still squirming but with no luck.

Flutterpaw:
12/20 HP(-4)
45/60 SP

Daisypaw:(still pinned)
14/20 HP
50/60 SP (-5)

More Swiftheart

Last edited by speedy on Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: flexing our claws (c)   flexing our claws (c) EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 3:15 pm

The member 'speedy' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 2

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: flexing our claws (c)   flexing our claws (c) EmptyTue Aug 09, 2022 8:56 pm

Flutterpaw felt a little bad, pinning Daisypaw down with his slightly weightier form. Fighting wasn't something that he really enjoyed. He would much rather be running through the moors instead. However-- this was important to learn. What if a badger got loose on the territory someday? Or another Clan decided to invade for one reason? I'm sure they'd never do that. But I should be ready to protect my friends, just in case. He grimaced slightly, but didn't back down, riding out the other apprentice's attempt to shake him off with little more than a flick of his ear.

Flutterpaw continued to use Leap-and-Hold on Daisypaw, dealing 6 damage and costing 15 stamina. Daisypaw is pinned for 1 more turn.

Flutterpaw:
12/20 HP
30/60 SP

Daisypaw: (pinned)
8/20 HP
50/60 SP

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: flexing our claws (c)   flexing our claws (c) EmptyThu Aug 11, 2022 7:36 pm

Daisypaw struggled again to get him off.  He was certailly strong... no wonder her friend Hazel had her eye on him... not that she would ever give away her friends secret.  Ughh... but this fight was so not going her way so far... If only she could push him off.

She attempted to give a big kick upwards at him to losten his grip...

Daisypaw uses duck and twist rolling for effect…

Much to her suprise.. It worked!

She scampered free of his grip and grinned at him a little competitively.

"its okay if you want to give up" she purred as if she hadnt been getting pinned literally 2 seconds ago.

Her competitive nature clearly showing now

Flutterpaw:
5/20 HP (-7)
30/60 SP

Daisypaw:
8/20 HP
45/60 SP (-5)

More Swiftheart

Last edited by speedy on Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: flexing our claws (c)   flexing our claws (c) EmptyThu Aug 11, 2022 7:36 pm

The member 'speedy' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 5

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: flexing our claws (c)   flexing our claws (c) EmptyFri Aug 12, 2022 7:46 pm

Flutterpaw let out a quiet "oomph" as Daisypaw finally wriggled out of his grip, extra momentum making him fall momentarily to the ground. He felt somewhat relieved that he didn't have to hold her down anymore. In general, he'd rather be hunting, or looking at flowers. But he should at least try his best to win! So, ignoring his friend's taunts, he simply lay on the ground-- looking dazed, though he had recovered his breath a moment ago. When she finally moved closer, either to attack or to see if he was okay, he sprang up and pummeled her with his paws. Claws sheathed, of course. She'd never expect it! "You're the one who should give up!"

Flutterpaw used Play Dead, dealing 8 damage and costing 5 stamina. KO Pending.

Flutterpaw:
5/20 HP
25/60 HP

Daisypaw:
0/20 HP
45/60 SP

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: flexing our claws (c)   flexing our claws (c) EmptyFri Aug 12, 2022 8:09 pm

Daisypaw grinned in triumph seeing him flop to the ground YES she had got him good!

... he looked dazed... hmm was he good?

she tilted her head a little and walked over to him not suspecting a thing

Flutter? you okay? she asked.  She was worried she had hurt him.  As competitive as she was, she never wanted to harm him.

When he sprung up suddenly and knocked her over. she was not at all expecting that.

Her breath was knocked out of her as she looked up at him surprised

uooff... ok... I give up she surrendered

she lay there for a bit catching her breath before slowly getting back up.

She grinned at him that was sneaky she purred pawing at him gently just a playful nudge on the sholder.

Shaking her pelt out she stretched a little nicely done she complimented... it was hard for her to admit defeat but ... he had won fair and square... well that last hit was cheeky but okay.

im glad you're on my team she purred

She spotted a little gardenia growning nearby.  Very carefully going over to it she purred and flicked her tail for Flutter to come look.  The gardenia represents hope and clarity... if you believe in that kinda stuff she explained to her friend.

gently picking one of the flowers and passing it to Flutter she smirked a little

I know a certain apprentice whose day would be made if you gave this to them.. she hinted.

She blinked ... wait... that sounded weird ... she didnt mean herself and hoped he wouldnt take it as such. ... Starclan why was she so awkward.

Give it to hazelpaw mousebrain she wanted to say...

Flutter and her were good enough friends that she probably could say that and it would be fine... so eh why not then?  He would know she was just teasing and playing with him
Give it to hazelpaw mousebrain she purred .. dont u dare tell her I told u that tho she laughed before bopping his nose with her tail and running off ahead of him

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: flexing our claws (c)   flexing our claws (c) EmptySun Aug 14, 2022 1:59 pm

Flutterpaw stood over Daisypaw for a second, hovering almost, both to make sure that he had won and also to make sure that he hadn't accidentally hurt his friend. Once she got back up with a friendly nudge, he allowed himself to smile again. I won! I actually won! Wait till I tell Adder! He blushed a little bit at the praise; it was a new feeling. Still, he smiled. "You almost had me there," he said bashfully, returning her gesture of a nudge to the shoulder. "The fight coulda gone either way. We'll both totally win against any mean cats, though!"

He blinked curiously as Daisypaw walked a few pawsteps away. He followed to see what she was looking at. A small, delicate white flower. Oh, he'd seen some of these at the flower field in the territory! What were they called...? Daisypaw said it was a gardenia. Silently he filed that knowledge away under the other flower names he knew. It was so pretty! How did Daisypaw know he liked flowers? He smiled and turned towards her, about to ask, but she said something that made him pause. Huh? A "certain apprentice?" He cocked his head. What was that supposed to mean? Again, before he could open his mouth to ask for clarification, she spoke again, then ran off laughing.

"Give it to Hazelpaw, mousebrain."

His jaw gaped slightly as he gazed after the fleeing she-cat. What was that supposed to mean? He had a lot of good friends... why would Daisypaw tell him specifically to give this gardenia to Hazelpaw? Were they friends too, maybe? Why not Adderpaw or Whisperear or someone else? Still... it wasn't a bad idea. He and Hazelpaw were good friends. Thinking of her made him feel kind of warm inside. Why not give it to her? He shrugged, picked up the flower and trotted back to camp.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: flexing our claws (c)   flexing our claws (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

flexing our claws (c)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: WindClan Territory-
Jump to: