Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Yarrowpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Karuna

Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmpaw, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderkit
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2209

Yarrowpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Yarrowpaw's Moonstone Journey   Yarrowpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 23 Jul 2022 - 9:18

Dovesight prepared yet another bundle of herbs. A lot of apprentices were preparing for their moonstones, and today she planned to take Yarrowpaw on his. She had seen the tom around in passing, but had never interacted much with him. Still, he seemed as though he was a pleasant cat to be around, and a lot of cats seemed to like him. A smile crossed her face, remembering her apprentice days. Poppyshine had always been the most beloved apprentice back then, enough to completely steal her brother's heart. Rushtalon certainly had a good taste in she-cats. If only he was still here to see his kits grow up.

Pushing thoughts of the past aside, Dovesight padded to the apprentice den, dropping the bundle of herbs down in front of Yarrowpaw. "Are you ready to go?"

Dovesight led the way through the tunnel, the moonstone casting it's familiar glow at the end. "Go ahead and touch your nose to it. StarClan will be waiting to speak with you." And with that, she motioned the white apprentice forward, sitting down to wait patiently as he met with his ancestors for the first time.

Yarrowpaw's Moonstone Journey SZhpb
Art by Copperbeanz

Lilyvalley* | ShadowClan Warrior | 45/90 | #6e174c
Elmpaw | RiverClan Apprentice | 20/60 | #1c1c70
Robinmist | Skyclan Elder | 60/80 | #4E5A64
Adderkit | ThunderClan Kit | 10/30 | #99b586 (Not Pictured)

Profiles | Heart Chart | Plotting

Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Characters : [B]Briarkit
Clan/Rank : [B]WindClan Kit
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 672

PostSubject: Re: Yarrowpaw's Moonstone Journey   Yarrowpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 23 Jul 2022 - 11:08

Yarrowpaw

Yarrowpaw had been waiting for this day for a long, long time. Long trips weren’t really his thing, seeing how much he tended to trip and get lost, and it’s only gotten worse since the attack. Yarrowpaw’s front leg still ached something awful, and he was still apprehensive to put any of his weight on it. His new scars, down his leg and parting the fur there, were shiny and pink, and hurt when stretched too far. Of course, Yarrowpaw refused to let this stop him from completing his training— his Moonstone was tonight!

Jumping up onto even more unsteady legs when Dovesight padded into the apprentice den, Yarrowpaw quickly ingested the herbs the medicine cat offered him, almost choking on them from the excitement. The moment he finished, he moved to look up at Dovesight, rocking paw to paw. ”I’m ready when you are!”

Yarrowpaw followed Dovesight’s instruction as they walked through Mouthermouth and towards the Moonstone, the lanky apprentice carefully stepping his way towards the stone. Its shimmer casted a soft glow onto Yarrowpaw and his surroundings, almost distractingly pretty. Yarrowpaw had to focus, though— he closed his odd eyes, rested close to the cold ground, and pressed his spotted nose to the Moonstone.

Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Yarrowpaw's Moonstone Journey   Yarrowpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 23 Jul 2022 - 14:14

A tiny kit appeared in front of Yarrowpaw, looking barely old enough to be able to stand on his paws, yet by the power of StarClan he was able to, just as he could see and speak, even if he never got that chance in life. And as he stared at the apprentice, he made no attempt to hide how he was judging him.

"So you're the survivor, huh? You get to live and what do you do? Go jumping right into the jaws of a fox! You know how many of us died before even making it to apprenticehood in this family? I didn't even live past my first minute! And you go around treating life like it is nothing! You only get one chance, you know, then you're done. If you wanna go and waste that chance, then at least switch places with me! Let me live instead!"

The tiny tom huffed, enraged. How come this cat got to go prancing around, having a life of his own, when he was stuck in StarClan? Didn't he care at all about what he had? His gaze lingered on the wounds that covered the apprentice, as if they only further proved his point.

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Yarrowpaw's Moonstone Journey   Yarrowpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 25 Jul 2022 - 18:23

Yarrowpaw

Yarrowpaw recoiled in shock. Who was this little kit, and why was he so angry with him? This was Yarrowpaw’s Moonstone, the last hurdle before warriorhood, and some frail kit was scolding him! Wasn’t Yarrowpaw supposed to receive some great knowledge and advice from a warrior ancestor? What advice could this kit give him?!

”I… who are you? Where’s my StarClan warrior? I mean— isn’t that who’s supposed to give me advice? And the attack wasn’t my fault, okay! It was Woolypaw’s idea, and I couldn’t just leave him to die; he’s my best friend!”

Despite all the judging, the stillborn kit’s words did seem to hold some weight; you only get one life. Yarrowpaw’s spent all of his kithood and apprenticehood trying to prove himself without worry for the consequences. Should he start thinking, slow down, cherish life a little more?

Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Yarrowpaw's Moonstone Journey   Yarrowpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 25 Jul 2022 - 18:39

"I- Are you serious right now?! You're going to make fun of me instead of taking the time to learn?! Well excuse me, then, I'll just let you wake up and leave you with nothing then, if that is how you wanna be! StarClan sends whoever is best for a cat to learn, so you're stuck with me!

If names are all that important, than fine, my name is Cedarkit. Ivystar, the leader before Jaystar, and your grandmother, was my mother. I was a part of the very first litter she had, except none of us survived past kithood. I never even took my first breath. I didn't get to live, and you are prancing around like you have 9 lives. And don't give me the whole can't let your best friend die dung, we both know that isn't true. You didn't start caring until after the fox showed up. You were just as ready to let Woolypaw leave camp alone. You only went because you thought you wouldn't get in trouble. You didn't care about what happened out there until it had it's jaws around you. Don't try to lie to me, just because I look like a kit don't mean I don't see what is going on down there. I died young, not blind.

So are we done dancing around the truth now? Or am I going to send you back down there only for you to die in the next few heartbeats. Because if you're gonna waste your life, ya might as well stay here. Make your choice, and make it now, because you won't get a second chance. You're not a leader, you won't come back if you die. You lose your life, it's gone for good, and you're stuck up here with me."

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Yarrowpaw's Moonstone Journey   Yarrowpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 27 Jul 2022 - 16:51

Yarrowpaw

Yarrowpaw crept back with every harsh word spat at him by this kit— Cedarkit, his uncle. The stillborn brother of his mother. Suddenly, a lot of his words made much more sense to Yarrowpaw— his actions must look so bone-headed to someone who never got to live past birth. ”Listen, I didn’t mean anything like that! I’m just living my life! I want to be a warrior, you know! You have to show bravery and strength!” Yarrowpaw honestly had no utter idea why he was arguing with Cedarkit, especially since he knew he was in the wrong. Maybe it was the complete refusal Yarrowpaw had deep to accept a scolding from a newborn.

This was just preposterous.

”Don’t remind me I’m gonna die! I don’t like thinking about it! And plus, now I want to think about it even less when you’re threatening to rip my head off!”

Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Yarrowpaw's Moonstone Journey   Yarrowpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 27 Jul 2022 - 17:07

"Bravery and strength? Yes, you look so brave and strong, cowering in the words of a kit. I never said I was going to kill you. A few heartbeats ago you were ready to do that yourself. What exactly do you think bravery and strength means? Following your friend around like a lost kit? Doing everything he says? If he jumps off the edge of the gorge, are you going to follow? Here is some real advice. Even the bravest and strongest warriors know when to retreat. Being able to fight doesn't mean ya have to. Sometime's ya gotta focus on saving yourself. Your friend down there? He is no more important than any other Clanmate ya got. Quit treating him like he is, before ya get more than a few scars. And don't let me catch ya here again, unless you're an elder or ya actually do manage to somehow get 9 lives. Maybe I will even give ya a life for self-preservation. Now get on back down there, I've bout had enough of you for one night anyway."

Gradually, the kit began to fade, leaving Yarrowpaw to wake back in the living world.

OOC: I give up on a hex code, I can't remember it for the life of me anyway xD

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yarrowpaw's Moonstone Journey   Yarrowpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Yarrowpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Highstones-
Jump to: