Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Tainted Waters [closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Karuna

Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmpaw, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderkit
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2194

Tainted Waters [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Tainted Waters [closed]   Tainted Waters [closed] EmptySat Jul 23, 2022 2:08 am

Dovesight's paws felt weighted as she returned to camp, wanting nothing more than to curl up in her nest and sleep. But the prophecy she had received scared her. Sure, few things didn't scare Dovesight, but this felt different. It felt like something bad was coming.

She spotted Poppyshine just as the last patrols were being set out, and raised to meet with her friend.

"Poppyshine! I need to speak with you!"

She wasn't even going to ask for permission to speak as she normally would. This was too urgent for that. It needed to be said. The grim look on Mapleleaf's face and the words she had said kept replaying through her mind, each time growing more ominous, and leaving more questions than answers. It was all so confusing. But she knew for a fact whatever it meant wasn't good. RiverClan needed to be prepared.

Tainted Waters [closed] SZhpb
Art by Copperbeanz

Lilyvalley* | ShadowClan Warrior | 45/90 | #6e174c
Elmpaw | RiverClan Apprentice | 20/60 | #1c1c70
Robinmist | Skyclan Elder | 60/80 | #4E5A64
Adderkit | ThunderClan Kit | 10/30 | #99b586 (Not Pictured)

Profiles | Heart Chart | Plotting

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2952

PostSubject: Re: Tainted Waters [closed]   Tainted Waters [closed] EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 1:12 pm

Poppyshine

Poppyshine looked to Dovesight and gave her a bright smile. “Dovesight, you’re back! How was the-” She paused, seeing the strange expression on her friend’s face and realizing the urgency that had been in her call. She moved forward to meet Dovesight halfway. “What’s wrong? Did something happen at the medicine cat meeting?”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmpaw, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderkit
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2194

PostSubject: Re: Tainted Waters [closed]   Tainted Waters [closed] EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 9:03 pm

A different cat might have had some sort of biting remark to Poppyshine's question. Of course something happened at the meeting! Why else would she be as panicked as she was?! But, being the cat that she was, Dovesight simply nodded, confirming Poppyshine's worries.

"I-I got a prophecy. I think something is coming to RiverClan. Something bad. I- oh stars, Poppyshine, I don't even know what this means, I just know it isn't good. Mapleleaf spoke to me, and she looked upset Poppyshine. She told me something lurked away from the waters, I think that means RiverClan, and it wanted to taint everything within. And of course it gave us no clue as to who or what we should be looking for! Stars, this was my first meeting, why did I get this? I'm cursed, aren't I? Mapleleaf's death, Forestfire's kits dying, and now this? Why is everything bad happening now?"

Dovesight was growing out of breath, being in a full blown panic at this point. She wasn't ready for this! She hardly knew what she was doing! Did every medicine cat go through this?

Tainted Waters [closed] SZhpb
Art by Copperbeanz

Lilyvalley* | ShadowClan Warrior | 45/90 | #6e174c
Elmpaw | RiverClan Apprentice | 20/60 | #1c1c70
Robinmist | Skyclan Elder | 60/80 | #4E5A64
Adderkit | ThunderClan Kit | 10/30 | #99b586 (Not Pictured)

Profiles | Heart Chart | Plotting

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2952

PostSubject: Re: Tainted Waters [closed]   Tainted Waters [closed] EmptyTue Jul 26, 2022 7:23 pm

Poppyshine

Poppyshine’s eyes widened at Dovesight’s rambling, breathless words. She moved forward and pressed up against Dovesight’s flank. “Dovesight, Dovesight! Please breathe and slow down, you’re going to make yourself sick." She pressed her face to Dovesight’s shoulder, and while she tried to soothe her friend with her words, her own mind was racing. Mapleleaf had looked upset and told Dovesight about something lurking away from the water, wanting to taint everything…Could it be a sickness? Some disease? Maybe it would taint the water and that’s what she meant? No, these prophecies were not always literal. But definitely something dangerous…

After waiting to see if Dovesight would take a few deeper breaths, Poppyshine pulled away to look at Dovesight again. "Alright. It seems like this is a warning. Whatever Mapleleaf meant, if it was away from the water, then that means it isn’t here yet, right? We just need to be more on guard. I’ll let Perchstar know and we can act accordingly. In case it’s a physical threat, we can make sure patrols are in larger groups, and if it’s something like sickness, then we’ll keep a sharp eye out for any symptoms in our cats.”

She gave Dovesight a few comforting licks to smooth out her frazzled fur. "You are not cursed. RiverClan has had some unfortunate times, but the fault does not lie with you—not with Mapleleaf, or Forestfire’s kits, and not even this. I promise you.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP