Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Ruh Roh Raggy! My insecurities! (C)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

Characters : Nightstalker - Rom wuz here <3
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan Warrior
Number of posts : 1155

Ruh Roh Raggy! My insecurities! (C) Empty
PostSubject: Ruh Roh Raggy! My insecurities! (C)   Ruh Roh Raggy! My insecurities! (C) EmptyFri 1 Jul 2022 - 23:21

It wasn't usual for Nightstalker to sneak out of camp, not as a warrior, and even less so as deputy, but at some points, he just needed a bit of a breather. It was almost non-stop for the young tom, who for one so anti-social, found it a bit suffocating. So when the time was right, Nightstalker had sneakily dashed out of camp before any cat could notice. At least he hoped? He bounded over fallen pines and leaped over mud pools, brushing past ferns until his lungs ached and he was blissfully alone.

He just wanted to be alone with his thoughts. Had he paired the mentors and apprentices appropriately? Would they succeed? Was he doing his best every night, and showing his clan that they could rely on him and Froststar? What about the other clans? Did they think Shadowclan was strong?

Ruh Roh Raggy! My insecurities! (C) Dfdosgv-70e9318b-eb4f-43c6-9628-3bb18010e426.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzgyMmY1OGNhLWMyNjAtNDQzYy1iZDIyLWVhNGZiODYxMjFhOFwvZGZkb3Nndi03MGU5MzE4Yi1lYjRmLTQzYzYtOTYyOC0zYmIxODAxMGU0MjYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
Nightstalker Tier 5 Warrior of Shadowclan
70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4; Rogue T1
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2988

PostSubject: Re: Ruh Roh Raggy! My insecurities! (C)   Ruh Roh Raggy! My insecurities! (C) EmptyThu 7 Jul 2022 - 13:40

Iceheart

As sneaky as Nightstalker had attempted to be, Iceheart happened to be in the right place to spot him. She felt concern for her friend, in a similar burning way that she had felt for Ratrunner on a few occasions, and she found her paws moving her outside of camp and following after the deputy. She was slower than him, but it was easy enough to follow his fresh scent until she came upon him far, far away from camp.

“With how quickly you dashed out of there, I would have thought a fox was on your tail,” Iceheart huffed as she approached. “I’ve never seen you so worked up. Did something happen?”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards  ❊  Codes
Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

PostSubject: Re: Ruh Roh Raggy! My insecurities! (C)   Ruh Roh Raggy! My insecurities! (C) EmptySun 17 Jul 2022 - 15:53

Nightstalker's hackles barely bristled as he turned around in surprise at the sight of Iceheart. He blinked as she asked about him, her worry and concern evident to him. "I'm fine." Nightstalker huffed, instant denial right out his maw as he padded a bit closer to the young warrior. Perhaps, he should consider being honest... but she was his younger, and to put his stress as her deputy onto her would not be right by her. She did not need to know his worries or concerns as a deputy, and someday leader. He was a mantle, a guiding light, a leader, and a future leader, he couldn't squander that. Consultation should be reserved with his medicine cats, elders, and senior warriors. Not the youth. "I shouldn't share my concerns and worries with those my junior. It would not be right, or respectful." Nightstalker said instead.

Ruh Roh Raggy! My insecurities! (C) Dfdosgv-70e9318b-eb4f-43c6-9628-3bb18010e426.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzgyMmY1OGNhLWMyNjAtNDQzYy1iZDIyLWVhNGZiODYxMjFhOFwvZGZkb3Nndi03MGU5MzE4Yi1lYjRmLTQzYzYtOTYyOC0zYmIxODAxMGU0MjYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Ruh Roh Raggy! My insecurities! (C)   Ruh Roh Raggy! My insecurities! (C) EmptyWed 20 Jul 2022 - 22:14

Iceheart

Iceheart watched Nightstalker with a steady gaze. She understood that answer—the slight dodge, the belief that this shouldn’t be discussed now (or possibly ever). Iceheart shook her head. “With all due respect, Nightstalker, while you are older than me, I’ve bested you in battle. I’m not weak.” After a pause, she added, “And I might understand more than you think. Nobody saw you dart out of camp, but I did. It would not be unbecoming of you to speak what’s on your mind.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

PostSubject: Re: Ruh Roh Raggy! My insecurities! (C)   Ruh Roh Raggy! My insecurities! (C) EmptyWed 3 Aug 2022 - 21:39

"Battle prowess does not automatically equate to maturity." Nightstalker's voice grew stern briefly, his brows knitting together as he squeezed his eyes shut. Inhaling and giving a heavy sigh. "I'm sorry. I'm just worried over my choices of mentor to not only my nieces and nephews but the other kittens as well. Especially Marshmallow." Nightstalker was frustrated that Iceheart wasn't going to let up on the issue. He knew that she just wanted to do good, but he wasn't a fan of the situation it put him in. He couldn't tell her off with anger, she was too concerned for him to answer to his authority. "I know it's been practically seasons since Marshmallow had that incident, but I can't help but be distrustful. I'm trying not to be but..." Nightstalker sighed again.

70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Ruh Roh Raggy! My insecurities! (C)   Ruh Roh Raggy! My insecurities! (C) EmptyMon 8 Aug 2022 - 14:21

Iceheart

Admittedly, Iceheart did not know much about the incident that Nightstalker spoke of. She had heard whispers of it, even had her own worries, but Marshmallow had not proven to be a problem to Iceheart yet, at least. She could understand Nightstalker’s worries, but Marshmallow was still a member of ShadowClan.

“It is alright to be cautious, so long as you do not hold it against an innocent party,” Iceheart mewed. “You said yourself that it has been seasons since the incident. Marshmallow should be allowed to prove that she is not a danger, and I think that you have been doing well with that. You can keep an eye on her, but you are giving her a chance to prove that she is still a worthy warrior. If she breaks that trust, then you may act on it.” Iceheart’s whiskers twitched and she cast her gaze aside for a moment. “I understand fearing that something will happen, but you cannot control everything. You must offer trust sometimes. Clans are not built on a single warrior.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

PostSubject: Re: Ruh Roh Raggy! My insecurities! (C)   Ruh Roh Raggy! My insecurities! (C) EmptyFri 12 Aug 2022 - 15:01

Nightstalker was silent for a few heartbeats as he considered her words before he gave a slightly amused chuckle that was a bit out of the blue. "While not in those exact words, I feel like my Starclan cat at my moonstone had said something in a similar vein that I had almost completely forgotten." The young deputy's eyes cleared of their frustration, and a fondness replaced them as he padded closer to Iceheart. "In a way, Iceheart. You are both completely deserving and undeserving of your name." She was certainly wise beyond her years, and someday, if he became leader of Shadowclan, he would hope that Iceheart would welcome herself as his deputy... but this was today.

"You are every bit of a -heart, if any cat deserves that name, it is you. But if you put your name together, it is not so fitting, and cruel, to think you have an icey heart. But I do not believe that you have ice in that heart of yours, but every bit a warm and cozy fire, to keep you and your clan-mates warm at night." Nightstalker mewed, touching his nose to her head, just as if she had received her warrior name.

70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Ruh Roh Raggy! My insecurities! (C)   Ruh Roh Raggy! My insecurities! (C) EmptyFri 12 Aug 2022 - 21:34

Iceheart

Iceheart looked up at Nightstalker when he came closer. Her whiskers twitched when he stated that she deserved her name, but when he elaborated, her heart swelled. Iceheart couldn’t put a name to the emotions that she felt suddenly swirling in her chest, only that they made her throat feel choked up like she couldn’t speak and the world swim through a light misting of tears.

She looked down at the ground, her ears flattening, and she tried to blink away the tears before they could be noticed. “You don’t mean that,” she mewed in a quiet voice. “I’ve done nothing to earn such kind words from you, Nightstalker.” What had she done? Been a mediocre council to him now? Even outside of Nightstalker, had she really done much of anything? She’d gotten involved where she didn’t belong with Leafpaw, she’d tried and failed to lead Honeypaw through a safe apprenticeship…Her fur was slowly turning white with every passing season. Even her body knew the frost that she held inside her.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

PostSubject: Re: Ruh Roh Raggy! My insecurities! (C)   Ruh Roh Raggy! My insecurities! (C) EmptyFri 12 Aug 2022 - 22:32

Nightstalker felt a bit heartbroken at Iceheart's response, the way that the authority and confidence that she usually held herself with, the certainty, crumbling away. Quiet and meek, with a distinctive warble to her voice in she could not disguise from him. Did she think so little of herself? "I definitely do mean what I said. And you have certainly done more than enough to earn such generosity." Nightstalker mewed, soft and stern, his confidence rearing its head in a timely matter. "It hurts me to see that you are being so cruel to yourself. You would not think so harshly of me would you? Then why would you hate yourself so?" Nightstalker mewed, albeit a bit confrontational on the matter, but he was not one to be so eloquent with emotions.

70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Ruh Roh Raggy! My insecurities! (C)   Ruh Roh Raggy! My insecurities! (C) EmptyFri 12 Aug 2022 - 23:54

Iceheart

Iceheart kept her gaze trained on Nightstalker’s paws. Her shame was too great to look up at him, even when he insisted that there was no shame to be had. He didn’t understand. How could she tell him, truly? About her slip-ups, or how she’d allowed Honeypaw to be manipulated by Fawnpatch while the Dark Forest was here, or how she was taught by Dark Forest cats rather than kept her loyalty to her clan, or that she was so cowardly that she went along with everything the Dark Forest had to say, or-

“Ratrunner,” she croaked. “He…I…” Her words sounded foolish as they sat heavily on her tongue. She could already hear what Ratrunner would say. I abandoned Ratrunner when he died. I left him behind. Foolish. You were an apprentice. You had no reason to believe you could stay. Why did it feel like every time she tried to tell other cats how cowardly and pathetic she was, they insisted she wasn’t? She came here to help Nightstalker and she’d turned it back on herself. “I’m a coward, Nightstalker. You speak too highly of me.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

PostSubject: Re: Ruh Roh Raggy! My insecurities! (C)   Ruh Roh Raggy! My insecurities! (C) EmptySat 20 Aug 2022 - 12:25

"If you are a coward, why are you fighting me so hard? Do you really believe that you are? Or are you failing to see that you're a victim? That you're hurting and that it's okay to feel that way?" Nightstalker was... perplexed, unsure of what was the right thing to say or do, uncertainty had him almost frozen in place. But Iceheart needed him, needed his reassurances right now, he could not be afraid to act.

"Do you want to know what I see in you, Iceheart?" Nightstalker asked though he did not wait for an answer.

"I see a beautiful young she-cat, who had to harden herself to herself, and the world, because of circumstance. I see a young cat who has been wounded deeply, by the death of a dear friend, who has been trialed and manipulated, and used by those around her when she should not have been. I think those experiences have shaped this young she-cat into this mindset when she should have only known love and peace." He reached forwards tentatively, a paw pressing against her shoulder, not too strong as to imply force, but enough that she could hopefully be reassured.

"If you want, if you think that you're comfortable enough with me. You can tell me exactly why you think I shouldn't this way, why I shouldn't care and see you as deserving of every single kindness this world could and should give you. And I will listen to what you have to say, and I will find five reasons why you should love yourself for every reason you think you should hate yourself."

"I will crush this mentality of yours under paw, time and time again, and I do not care how long it takes. I will do it for your entire lifetime if I must. Because that's what I believe. I believe in you. I believe that you are worthy of love, peace, kindness, and every good thing you can get from this nasty, cold world. I will give you everything you deserve with my own paws. Everything I can give you, I will, because you are very dear to me, and I wish that you would think yourself worthy of it."

70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Ruh Roh Raggy! My insecurities! (C)   Ruh Roh Raggy! My insecurities! (C) EmptyMon 22 Aug 2022 - 20:33

Iceheart

Iceheart finally did look up at Nightstalker as he continued to speak. It hurt badly, like claws being driven further into her heart, the more that Nightstalker spoke. She didn’t know what she did to earn such high praise from Nightstalker, but it didn’t feel earned. It felt like a trick. That she had somehow convinced Nightstalker she was worth caring about, when that could not be further from the truth. The more he spoke, the more her body quaked from the confusion and almost anger at what he was saying to her.

When he offered to show her kindness for every reason she thought she didn’t deserve it, she did not take that as an invitation of kindness and love from Nightstalker. She saw it as a challenge, and a means to prove why Nightstalker was so foolish in thinking she was worth anything more than a foxtail.

“When Ratrunner died at the Gathering, I ran away,” Iceheart finally mewed in a tight voice. “I did not try and help, and I did not stay to grieve him. I turned my back on him and I left. I’m a coward.” It didn’t matter if she was an apprentice at the time. Forestpaw had been an apprentice too, and he’d stayed with Ratrunner when he died. Swiftheart and Duskflight had stayed. But Iceheart had run away and become exactly what her name implied.

Go on. Hate me. I know you do, Iceheart thought as she stared down Nightstalker. Ratrunner was someone that Nightstalker cared about so deeply. Iceheart knew that. She cared about him too. So how could Nightstalker still tell her she was worthy of kindness when she could not stay to even provide comfort to her so-called friend?

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

PostSubject: Re: Ruh Roh Raggy! My insecurities! (C)   Ruh Roh Raggy! My insecurities! (C) EmptyThu 25 Aug 2022 - 20:32

"Is that all?" Nightstalker mewed, raising a brow nearly dismissive of it all.

"Iceheart. I did the exact same thing. I ran away just as you did. I left my best friend, and my crippled eldest brother, Loudnose, behind that night." Nightstalker's tone pitched back to a stern sympathy. "But we still grieved them both, did we not? Are we not continuing to do so now?" He paused, allowing to give the information time to sink in and settle, but not too long that Iceheart would feel the need to fill the silence. "In fact. I believe that we have grieved their deaths for long enough now. We will get to see them later, and we should be grateful for that. They are also probably right sick of us being so stuck on the end of their lives. I do not think that Ratrunner is grieving his own death just as much as us." The young deputy mewed, softly smiling as he spoke to Iceheart, though he did not wish to linger too long on the topic of their passing, the ache and memory of his mother turning to dust and mist in front of him, never to return to Starclan.

"I do not think that the experiences that you have been through, as made you a coward. You do not believe me a coward, do you? If you continue to believe yourself a coward, then I will think myself the same! It's only fair right?" He felt a bit proud of himself, believing that he had her in the pad of his paw. She'd ultimately refuse to think herself so low if his own feelings were at stake surely?

70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Ruh Roh Raggy! My insecurities! (C)   Ruh Roh Raggy! My insecurities! (C) EmptyMon 29 Aug 2022 - 13:37

Iceheart

Iceheart stared at Nighstalker. How could he not hate her? How could he only reflect his own mistakes back at her? He was different—he was older, experienced, there had been circumstances to what happened to him, surely. It simply wasn’t fair for him to compare his failings to hers. But…as much as she didn’t believe his line of logic, he was still trying. He didn’t hate her on the spot, even after something so terrible. How could he forgive her?

Iceheart lowered her gaze down to their paws, feeling meek again after her angry burst of confidence. “No, you are no coward,” she mewed. “You weren’t then, and you aren’t now, either. You’re our deputy, and you’re doing a lot for ShadowClan.” Iceheart couldn’t understand what he saw in her, but she was not going to allow her own depressing thoughts to reflect on Nightstalker. “I’m grateful to have you, Nightstalker.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

PostSubject: Re: Ruh Roh Raggy! My insecurities! (C)   Ruh Roh Raggy! My insecurities! (C) EmptyMon 29 Aug 2022 - 14:06

He almost sighed with relief when Iceheart finally ceded, but he was sure that he hadn't fully gotten to her, but he did his best, and now it was something that he'd have to continually work on. The leaves all didn't fall in a day, after all. Nightstalker reached forwards and tugged her to his chest, gently and softly so that she may resist if she wished, and pressed his nose to the top of her head. "As am I." he nearly whispered, tugging again a little more briefly before releasing the she-cat.

"Now, let's get back to camp. I'm quite hungry!" Nightstalker chirped, padding a few steps away before beckoning Iceheart after him with his tail.

70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ruh Roh Raggy! My insecurities! (C)   Ruh Roh Raggy! My insecurities! (C) Empty

Back to top Go down

Ruh Roh Raggy! My insecurities! (C)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Territory-
Jump to: