Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Frostgaze's Leader Ceremony

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Characters : [C]reekpaw
Clan/Rank : [C] RC Apprentice
Pisces Monkey
Number of posts : 1198

Frostgaze's Leader Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Frostgaze's Leader Ceremony   Frostgaze's Leader Ceremony EmptySat 4 Jun 2022 - 21:29

Frostgaze had done everything he could to put off his ceremony. Most of it was not for lack of wanting to take up the mantle of leader for his clan, but more so that he was worried to take Shadowclan's medicine cat away for an extended period of time, especially after such a battle. Wounds still needed tending, and though the tom believed Fuzzypaw capable, he did not want an emergency to occur, and for Basilbloom to not be on paw. However, the ceremony had to proceed eventually, and when Frostgaze believed the clan would be fine in their absence, he had asked for her participation in his journey to the Moonstone. It was... terrifying, yet he knew he could not falter. The clan needed a leader, and he was next in line, there was no room for hesitation. So he waited for Basilbloom to find him near the entrance to the camp, cleaning his fur as he had done so many times before.

Frostgaze's Leader Ceremony Downlo46

Creekpaw♀ | Apprentice | Riverclan | 20/60 | #666d96
Character Profiles (WIP)
* disabled stats | signature made by felidaze's cool cat creator!
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

PostSubject: Re: Frostgaze's Leader Ceremony   Frostgaze's Leader Ceremony EmptyMon 6 Jun 2022 - 12:33

Basilbloom had known this day would come ever since her mother had faded away, but as the tortoiseshell she-cat grabbed a fresh few sprigs of chamomile to tuck behind her ear and whispered a soft goodbye to the still sleeping Fuzzypaw, the meaning of this oncoming journey finally began to sink in.  This would be the second ascension of a leader she would preside over, and it would be for a cat who had once been her kithood denmate.  A new generation would now rule ShadowClan, with Frostgaze as their leader and her brother as deputy, and despite her complete confidence in both of them, an odd feeling of loss held her in its grasp.  She still felt so young, so inexperienced, and vulnerable.  She still fell into panic at times and needed someone to comfort her and tell her she was doing well, that she was doing the right thing.  Did Frostgaze feel that way too, and Nightstalker?  Would they be looking to her to be the cat to provide that knowledge and comfort?

Basilbloom could make out the brilliant white of Frostgaze's pelt before she could see his face, and as she quickened her pace across camp she offered a confident, yet sympathetic smile.  This must be as hard for him as it was for her; unlike when Murkystar became leader, this ascension was marked by war and loss.  They would recover though, as they always had.  "Ready to go Frosty?"  As she met the tom's gaze with a purr, she noticed that the put-together deputy seemed more on edge than usual, not to her surprise.  Smiling and tilting her head a bit, Basilbloom rested her tail tip against his shoulder.  "You'll do great, my friend.  I'll be there with you the whole time, both for the ceremony and your reign.  You're not alone in this journey, the whole of ShadowClan is behind you and ready to give their support and advice.  Now that the stars have returned, their power will guide your paws as well.  Have faith, in all of us!"

Back to top Go down
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Frostgaze's Leader Ceremony   Frostgaze's Leader Ceremony EmptyMon 6 Jun 2022 - 17:30

Frostgaze couldn't help but bristle slightly as he heard his nickname called by Basilbloom, Swiftheart's doing no doubt. "I suppose I am as ready as I could ever be. I have never been good with faith, but I do not doubt this clan's abilities. We will thrive again." Time marched ever onwards, and the tom couldn't help but remember simpler times when Basilbloom and he were kits. It was a strange concept, to lose those who had come before you, but then again, not all of them were lost. There were elders who could help guide him, and the rest of the clan, if it was necessary. Knowledge was power, after all.

Frostgaze began moving at a gentle pace, wanting to ensure that Basilbloom would not be overtaxed. The journey would be lengthy, and it was not his wish to cause any issues so early in his leadership. Thankfully, the night was young, and the air was pleasantly warm. The sun was not the annoyance it would be later on in their journey, and the tom hoped that the weather remained fair. It would be a good sign from Starclan, at the very least.

ooc: you can timeskip if you want, or I can next post :)

Character Profiles (WIP)
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

PostSubject: Re: Frostgaze's Leader Ceremony   Frostgaze's Leader Ceremony EmptySun 12 Jun 2022 - 14:38

The sun had already begun to set once more by the time Basilbloom and Frostgaze reached Mothermouth, the dark cave standing unchanged despite their era of hardship.  The medicine cat knew that many were intimidated by the tunnels, their darkness bleak and uninviting, but to her, this place was like her second home.  She turned to meet Frostgaze's eyes, checking if he was ready before nodding and leading the way down into the earth.  She knew the path by heart, winding around corners and ducking under low ceilings before a brilliant white light finally appeared at the end of the road.  The Moonstone cavern in its majesty lay before them, and Basilbloom took a deep breath.  "It's just like when you visited StarClan as an apprentice Frostgaze, touch your nose to the stone and they'll be waiting for you.  Good luck, my friend.  I'll be here when you wake."  Brushing her tail gently against the tom's shoulder, the tortoiseshell medicine cat found a place to lay, prepared to sit out the ceremony and calm her erratically racing heart.

Back to top Go down
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Frostgaze's Leader Ceremony   Frostgaze's Leader Ceremony EmptyMon 13 Jun 2022 - 15:31

Frostgaze had never minded the tunnels before, though the dirt that inevitably was stuck to his normally pristine pelt did get annoying. This time, however, there was a certain apprehension as he began to follow the path so many cats had walked before. All Frostgaze wanted was for Shadowclan to thrive. For them to be a happy, healthy, growing clan. They had lost much... too much, these past moons. He wanted his era to be different, to be special. He knew that it would not be without hardship, in fact, it was impossible to never see it. The tom knew, though, that he could keep Shadowclan strong. He just had to do what he always did. Think with his head, not his heart. Basilbloom's voice pierced the quiet, despite her voice being as gentle as could be. The air was always still near the Moonstone, unnaturally so, it was no surprise that Frostgaze's fur puffed out a bit at her sudden words. He looked back at the Medicine Cat, and gave a solemn nod. As he had done, all those moons ago, Frostgaze pressed his nose to the Moonstone, closing his eyes to dream.

Pale eyes opened to find the sparkling landscape of Starclan, translucent and beautiful. At first, there were no cats there to welcome him, until suddenly they began to materialize before him. Frostgaze stood up slowly, almost afraid to disturb the area around him. After all, he was only a guest. Those who had appeared before him began to approach, wordless, ageless, and for some, immediately recognizable by the tom. He knew better than to shout out their names, they would not speak to him immediately. After what felt like an eternity, one began to approach. One Frostgaze flicked his tail at in a silent greeting, but showed nothing else to.

Burningwing stepped down from the starry sky, stars glimmering through his dark pelt. He set his sulfuric eyes on Frostgaze with an unreadable expression. For several moments there was silence, but slowly… ever so slowly… a smile spread across Burningwing’s face. ”Just say it… you’re surprised to see me here.” He hadn’t lost that feeling of friendship towards the white tom, despite their disagreements that could have lead to disaster for the clan. Burningwing sat and curled his tail around his paws. ”Frostgaze, I give you the life of Discernment. Being caring is good as is being loyal, but sometimes there are hidden dangers in any good intention. Discernment will make consequences of decisions more clear, and hopefully you will have the courage and the wisdom to make the best choices, even if they conflict with your emotions. It’s important for leaders to have. With some Discernment, I believe you’ll make an excellent leader for Shadowclan.” He nodded and the life was transferred into Frostgaze. It was a gentle sensation, one that ought to make his thinking feel more clear and his eyesight sharper in some odd way. Once that was done, Burningwing let the stars sweep him away back into the ethereal plane.

Next up, a petite little she-cat bounded forward with a bright smile plastered onto her face. ”Hello, Frostgaze. Though I was sad to learn of Murkystar’s passing, I know ShadowClan will be safe under your watchful eye. Newleaf bring new blessings, including your leadership.” Freckleface dipped her head politely to the tom, whiskers twitching with excitement. ”My name’s Freckleface. I am the daughter of Cardinalcry and Lynxscar. You may not know that name, but he wreaked havoc upon our Clan in his heyday. Rather than letting that get to me, though, I instead chose to focus on the light. So, I offer you the gift of love. Without it, you’ll find a cold, selfish darkness. Don’t let it get to you- lean into your Clanmates and those who support you. Return their love tenfold. Love guides us out of this darkness, and into the light. Love is a big part of who we are, not the things we cannot control.” Freckleface smiled warmly, and after a moment, leaned forward and gently touched her nose to Frostgaze’s. The tom scrunched his eyes shut as he anticipated pain, and while it did come, it was a dull one, one that spread through every limb, every nerve. It was warm, in the end, and Frostgaze opened his eyes as Freckleface faded once more.

A short tabby came next, jovial but respectful. His smile shined in a way that could remind anyone of a kit. Stars studded his playful paws as he bounced over to Frostgaze. "Hi! It's me, Loudnose!" he cheered before composing himself in a more serious tone. The tom cleared his throat, and began earnestly, "You've been a great friend, a great deputy, and a great part of our family. Mama would be so happy to see you become leader. You've given Shadowclan so much, so I want to give you something. With this life I bring you joy, so that you can always have a bright light inside of you when things are dark. Serve your clan well, and protect Basilbloom and Swiftheart for me. Stay amazing Froststar!" As their noses touched, Frostgaze was surprised by the... lightness he felt, the uplifting nature of this pain. Instead of bringing him down to earth, it brought him up towards the stars, as if anything were possible if he just dreamed it. The tom wanted to say something... anything to the cat he had known since he was a kit, and yet... Frostgaze watched him bound away, in the way he always had. He could only smile, and shake his head. A kit to the end, it was what he deserved.

Next, a tall and slender orange tom stepped forward. His vibrant green eyes were touched with a forgotten sadness. Scars marred his flame-touched pelt. The star-speckled warrior stood before Frostgaze and met his eyes. Since joining the afterlife, he had seen leaders come and go, it was the circle of life. However, their impact on the world was far greater than that of any normal cat. Their lives were meant to stretch more than a generation, expanded by guidence of the stars. Although he had not been born into the clan, Flamestrike had sworn his love and devotion for Shadowclan - going as far as to kill his own brother in combat to protect the lives he had dedicated himself to. It was time to pass that on to the newest leader.

"My name is Flamestrike. I was a warrior who served under Thrushstar many moons ago. Despite being born a rogue and facing challenges of cats who never wanted me as their clanmate, I found a place. And with my warrior ceremony, swore allegiance to the clan, even from Starclan." The tom's voice crackled slightly. Despite the words being strong and sound, his tone was mild rather than boisterous. He thought now of the many cats he had cared for. Of Honeydrop. Firestone. Gingerstripe. Swallowing, he shoved that away, there wasn't time for such thoughts. And so he forced the words past his teeth and continued on.

"With this life, I give you dedication. May your support for your clan and place as leader be unwavering. Lead them well." Flamestrike took a step forward, to touch his nose to the smaller tom. A throbbing fire rocketed through the leader, a difficult life, one of constant choice and commitment... eventually it faded, cool as a frozen pool of ice. Solid and unwavering, before fading away. His eyes lingered for only a moment before he nodded and slipped away, back to the ranks of Starclan.

A short-furred gray molly stepped before Frostgaze. She had shimmering green eyes and an unassuming air about her, mild and friendly. And at the sight of him, her mouth quirked into a grin. “Nice to meet you, Frostgaze. Finally.”

With wide eyes, she seemed to realize what she just said. “Oh, I mean, you don’t know me,” she demurred, batting a paw. “And we’re not related, either. At least… I don’t think so. They don’t always tell me. I could be like… your great-great-great-great grand cousin, a bazillion times removed... maybe. Huh. Yeah, y’know, let’s go with that! My name is Fallencloud, and I’m here to give you a life.”

She came close — heedless of personal space — with whiskers twitching playfully, and bumped her head against the white tom’s shoulder. “Don’t look so worried! It’s not my first time — I promise! I won’t mess it up,” she said teasingly. “But on a serious note… brace yourself. These lives hit you hard.”

Her mew was mild, but insistent — and then the starry molly didn’t hesitate as she pressed her pink nose to his. “With this, I give you a life of trust,” she mewed earnestly, closing her eyes. It flowed through her. “Don’t be afraid to give it, and don’t be afraid to have it in yourself. It’s a most precious thing — especially when given freely. Sometimes… yeah, sometimes it’ll be broken. But that can’t make you afraid! You gain so much in this life by trusting cats to look after you, to have your back,” she said seriously. “And I do mean your clan, and your kin. But I mean strangers, too. I know your Shadowclan has been hurt, especially by outsiders… mine was, too.”

Here, a tiny flash of pain crossed her face. “It hurt my Shadowclan very much, and I didn’t survive it. But I tell you to trust, still, in spite of this. Use your life to mend bridges, to strengthen ties, and — most of all — to never forget that you aren’t alone, even when the world seems against you.”

The starry warrior then bowed, almost uncharacteristically formal, and smiled as she turned away. The next would follow.

Ratrunner dipped his head as he came into view. The tabby tom was small and sleek, with soft black fur that shimmered so healthily; as it nearly never had in life. “Frostgaze! It’s you! It’s so good to see you!” The newly-starry warrior’s smile was tiny, but genuine, as he ran and stopped a tail-length from a cat he admired very much in life. Though it faltered, a little, at the end. “Even if…. I wish it weren’t exactly like this. But I would’ve been honored to have you as my leader. And I’m here to give you a life, if you’re ready.”

After a searching look — to confirm, maybe — Ratrunner nodded, and carefully moved to touch their noses together. His touch was warm, and gentle… even if his life blazed, and certainly was not.

“I give you a life for sacrifice,” Ratrunner mewed ever so softly, at odds with the depth of feeling in them, and the roar of it in their hearts — as it flooded into Frostgaze. “Use it to protect those most precious to you.”

His eyes glistened gold, molten and tearful. It went unsaid. But he smiled still, fiercely and with a nod. “Please… tell Webshadow that I’m okay, and safe, and happy. And Nightstalker… he might not understand yet, but can you tell him I’m sorry? And that I’m waiting to talk to him, one day.” Seemingly inexplicably, the tiny warrior blushed, and looked away. “He can curse at me then.”

There still felt like a lot to say. And for a moment, the young tom seemed torn, and hesitant… but then a determined expression came over him and he rushed forward, to press his head to Frostgaze’s chest, beneath his chin. “Thank you,” he said quickly. “For everything. I didn’t know you as well as I wanted to, but I know you’ll take care of everyone… just like you always looked after me, when you could. I knew I could come to you, if I needed to. And you made me feel brave.”

That was what he needed to say, and so Ratrunner pulled back. He was clearly a bit reluctant — a sad sort of longing in his eyes — but the young tom mastered himself, and stepped away. Frostgaze had nine lives to receive… and so many others wanted to speak to him. He wished Frostgaze — Froststar — the best.

A cat with eery similarity to Frostgaze moved forward next, his small, white fluffy body marred with scars and one peculiar gray paw. A smile graced his lips as deep blue eyes set themselves upon the cat who he shared a name with. "Greetings. I am Froststone, one of Shadowclan's former deputies. You will not know me, nor do I expect you to. I died of sickness early on in my deputyship, and never got the pleasure of leading our fine clan. You, however, will." The tom approached, steady in his gait. "When I was deputy I only wanted what was best for my clan. A trait most deputies share, a trait good deputies share. I was brash, however, and young. So I would give you the life of discipline. You may think yourself disciplined now, but your mind races, you have too many thoughts. I know the feeling all too well. You must learn to quiet your thoughts, and focus on what is truly important. At one point, it might be the clan. On another, it could be yourself. Remember this well, and do better than I did." Froststone pressed his nose to the tom's, a sharp, piercing headache going through Frostgaze. Then it was gone, and so was Froststone.

A lanky tuxedo tom approached, his steps unfamiliar to Frostgaze, yet... clearly something he had seen before. "Wow..." Was all the tom said for a moment, looking Frostgaze up and down. Carefully eyeing the scars he had gained, mainly those that adorned his neck. "Frostgaze, you will not have known me. I wish you had, I wish I had known you. I am Darkfrost, your, uh, father. As I hope you were told, I died when you were very very young. I defended some apprentices from a fox and I didn't survive. Stars I am so glad to see you. You've grown so much, I remember when you were just a wriggly little thing!" The tom approached to give Frostgaze a hearty headbutt, playfully smacking his shoulder with his tail. "I, uhm, digress. Your mother and I fought and fought over what life to give you. We decided on integrity. Not that we thought you didn't have that! It's just, well, when you are a leader, you might feel like you have to hide things from your clan. You know, for their sake. Try not to lie to them. You aren't the only strong one. You can lean on others, if you want." The awkward tom leaned down to touch his son's nose, a prickling sensation going through the pads of his paws. "Visit us, when you do get here. Just not too soon please. We love you, I wish you remembered me telling you that then. Please remember now. We love you so much. We love you." He spoke as if he wanted the words to stick, as if he were releasing moons and moons worth of love with every word. Then, with a wave of his tail, Darkfrost ambled away, back into the group of Starclan cats. Frostgaze was stuck to the spot, shocked. He hadn't said a word, his father had been so chatty. So... normal? Damp tracks had already made their way down his cheeks, though he refused to acknowledge it.

A small statured calico she-cat stepped forward next, her pawsteps soft and careful as she padded towards the white tom. She smelled of herbs and flowers and sunshine, and the distinct smell of ThunderClan lingered beneath the rest. She stopped in front of Frostgaze, a small sad smile gracing her maw. "It is a pleasure to meet you. My name is Mossbloom, I was one of ThunderClan's medicine cats." She mewed, lowering her head in greeting as she introduced herself. When it lifted, she continued, her voice briefly catching in her throat. "I am here in Murkystar's place. She made the ultimate sacrifice in order to restore the pathways between StarClan and the living cats we watch over.... She regrets that she is unable to watch over all of her loved ones, you included. However, she knows that you will be a wonderful leader following her. She asked that we present you with the life of hope on her behalf, that even in the darkest moments may you find light. It was her desire that you always search for that light, and lead the clan towards it - no matter the cost." Mossbloom took a step forward, touching her nose gently to Frostgaze's briefly. The life surged into the tom's body, and as quickly as it started it was over. Mossbloom stepped back, lowering her head respectfully before turning to rejoin the ranks of starry warriors overlooking the ceremony.  Frostgaze felt shaky, and small, and his voice reflected it as he spoke the only words he had said since appearing. "Thank you." Clearing his throat, the tom spoke again, more confident this time. More like himself. "I will not let you down. Any of you. Thank you."

Suddenly, the cats spoke in unison. ”You have received your lives, and now it is time for you to receive your name. From this day forward, until the day you take your final breath or retire your lives, you will be known throughout the clans as Froststar. Guide your clan well, and hold the wisdoms granted to you here close. The stars will light your path, Froststar.”

Then he was awake, with a sharp intake of breath. Froststar looked over to Basilbloom, silently praying she did not mention the tear stains that had gathered on his cheeks in his slumber. He got to his paws, cleaned his fur for a moment, and spoke quietly, his own voice now piercing the eery stillness. "It is done... and I believe Loudnose would like me to say hello from him." A small smile as Froststar said this, but not much more than that as his face fell flat once again.

ooc:
thank you to those who wrote lives! (in order)
Tara (Burningwing)
Maple (Freckleface)
Lapis (Loudnose)
Ripped (Flamestrike)
Ginger (Fallencloud)
Ginger x2! (Ratrunner)
Me (Froststone)
Me (Darkfrost)
Moss (Mossbloom)

Character Profiles (WIP)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frostgaze's Leader Ceremony   Frostgaze's Leader Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Frostgaze's Leader Ceremony
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Camp :: Jaggedrock :: ShadowClan Ceremonies-
Jump to: