Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Knowledge Passed Down (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1024

Knowledge Passed Down (c) Empty
PostSubject: Knowledge Passed Down (c)   Knowledge Passed Down (c) EmptySat Jun 04, 2022 2:33 pm

Honeypaw

Honeypaw was, as always, running around camp. He was finishing up the last of his apprentice duties, mind drifting to think of what he could do when he was done, when he accidentally bumped into another cat. “Oh, sorry-!” He pulled back quickly, looking up at the larger warrior he bumped into.

Then he lit right up with a gasp, immediately beginning to knead the ground in his excitement. “Oh! You’re Thalia, right?” He asked eagerly. “You’re Iceheart’s mentor!” Iceheart had mentioned Thalia to Honeypaw, even pointing her out when asked. Honeypaw has wanted to get to know his mentor’s mentor for some time.

“Do you have a moment to talk?” He asked hopefully. “Iceheart’s so amazing, I’ve really wanted to get a chance to talk to you because you taught her so much!” His tail swishes and he gives a big, excited grin up at Thalia.

Knowledge Passed Down (c) Kian_Sig_-_1
Stormpaw
RiverClan App
20HP / 60SP
#9999cc
Honeypaw
ShadowClan App
20HP/60SP
#ff9966

My Cats!

Art by Xaandiir

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6056

PostSubject: Re: Knowledge Passed Down (c)   Knowledge Passed Down (c) EmptyMon Jun 13, 2022 7:52 pm

Thalia had been pacing. Not an uncommon activity for her, especially lately- she needed to keep her paws busy somehow, and eventually she ran out of flowers to weave, so she'd had to find alternate methods of keeping busy.

As if by chance, an apprentice knocked into her- providing just such an opportunity. Before she could open her mouth to say anything, the young apprentice- Honeypaw, her mind supplied after a moment, Iceheart's apprentice- began to speak.

Eventually, she finally managed to get a word in. "I'm Thalia, yes..." It was an odd and unfamiliar but not unwelcome experience; that a cat she didn't know well was excited to see her. "You've wanted to talk to me? That's very kind of you. There's nowhere I need to be right now, so go ahead."

Truthfully, she'd been quite curious about Iceheart's apprentice. This was an opportunity to satisfy her own curiosity just as much as Honeypaw's.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Knowledge Passed Down (c)   Knowledge Passed Down (c) EmptyTue Jun 14, 2022 1:43 pm

Honeypaw

Honeypaw beamed. He sat down, but he didn’t stop moving, paws continuing to knead the ground beneath them. His mind swirled, full of so many thoughts and questions it was hard to pick where to start.

“Okay, okay,” He purred. “What was Iceheart like as an apprentice? I mean, I technically met Iceheart when she was still an apprentice, but she was nearly a warrior by that point. I mean more when she was my age, I guess. Oh! And do you and Iceheart still talk? And hang out and stuff?”

“And what about you? I bet you’re really cool like Iceheart! What kind of stuff do you like to do?” Honeypaw paused then, and finally seemed to realize his own rambling. He giggled a bit. “Sorry. That was a lot of questions.”

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Knowledge Passed Down (c)   Knowledge Passed Down (c) EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 1:59 pm

Suffice it to say, Thalia was not prepared for the onslaught of questions that the young apprentice threw her way. "R-right...! Well, Iceheart... When she was apprenticed to me, she was already an older apprentice," she began, deciding to start with the first question. "So you more or less know the answer. Maybe she was different to the cats younger than her, though...? I wouldn't know. She was... Quieter, I think. More reserved. We were all struggling with something at the time."

Honeypaw knew. Honeypaw had lived through it, too. So Thalia didn't dwell on ShadowClan's shared demons for long. "Yes, we still talk and spend time together. I'd like to think we're fairly close... You'd have to ask her thoughts on that," the warrior mused.

The apprentice's next words threw her, though. Cool wasn't something Thalia had associated with herself in... A long time. Not since her younger days, when she still believed so strongly in herself under Asylum's guidance; in strength and power and the safety she could bring. It was strange that someone could see her now, so far removed from that life (and yet, with her fox pelt still drawn over her head from time to time, with the knowledge passed down to her, it didn't feel that far at all).

"Um... I like hunting," she offered. "I'm not very good at it, though, so I usually help out around camp instead. Otherwise... I like collecting herbs and flowers." That, at least, she was good at- moons of practice meant she knew, generally, what was meant for the medicine den and what she could keep for herself. She didn't have much knowledge of the specifics, though she caught pieces here and there. "Mostly I like... Making things with them. Flower crowns, usually."

She felt decidedly awkward and out of her element. It was almost nostalgic, it had been some time since she felt this out of place. "Um... What about you? What do you like to do, Honeypaw?"

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Knowledge Passed Down (c)   Knowledge Passed Down (c) EmptySun Jun 26, 2022 4:35 pm

Honeypaw

Honeypaw listened closely to Thalia, his paws finally calming their constant kneading, although his purring didn’t slow. He curled his tail over his paws, thinking of Iceheart when he first met her as Thalia talked about her. He hadn’t really actively thought about it, but she had seemed… happier maybe wasn’t the right word, she wasn’t exactly a cheerful cat, but a little bit lighter since the dark forest was driven out. A little more open. It was nice. And he was happy to hear Iceheart and Thalia still talked. It made him feel more confident that Iceheart would still want to spend time with him after he became a warrior.

As usual though, Honeypaw’s train of thought is immediately brought to an entirely different topic as Thalia tells him of her interests. “Oh! I don’t know anything about gathering really, that’s so neat!” He said enthusiastically, almost missing Thalia’s last question entirely. “Flower crowns, wow, how do you make those?? Can you show me? Would that be okay-? Oh!”

“What do I like to do? Hm…” Honeypaw thought for a moment. “I really like hunting too. I like sparring. Not fighting, just like, practicing. And being in the sun. And I’m not good at it at all, but I like trying to climb trees. It’s fun.” He giggled.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Knowledge Passed Down (c)   Knowledge Passed Down (c) EmptyWed Jun 29, 2022 2:18 pm

Thalia purred as Honeypaw showed interest in her hobby, nodding. "It's not that difficult, really. I'd be happy to teach you sometime! I'd offer now, but... I ran out of flowers a little while ago," she admitted. "They don't usually last very long, since I can get a bit carried away..."

She listened intently as the apprentice listed off his own hobbies. Sparring, but not fighting... It made sense, she supposed. "The sun is nice, isn't it? Sometimes I like watching the sunset over the marsh," she whispered, as if it were a secret. "It's best if you can find somewhere with clearer water, though... It's so pretty."
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Knowledge Passed Down (c)   Knowledge Passed Down (c) EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 4:09 pm

Honeypaw

“Next time you have some extra flowers then, maybe you can show me! Or I can collect flowers for you, or maybe we could even collect them together! I don’t know what kind of flowers are good. I’ve never collected them before.” Honeypaw paused, thinking about that, but only very briefly, focusing right back on Thalia with that bright smile.

He blinked as she described watching the sun over the marsh. He had never thought that the marsh could be viewed as something pretty before. Only someplace scary. It was a novel idea to him, thinking about that. “I don’t think I’ve ever seen that. Or at least, stopped to look at it, you know?” He mewed. “Like, the sun setting over water like that.” He hummed to himself. “That does sound really pretty.”

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Knowledge Passed Down (c)   Knowledge Passed Down (c) EmptyFri Jul 08, 2022 7:26 pm

"Anything you like is good for it, if the stems are long enough," Thalia informed the apprentice. "Well, anything the medicine cats don't need, anyway... It took me a while to figure that one out, but it means I'm still helping the Clan when I go out to gather them! Of course, I still don't know what most of them do... But I know which ones I can keep, so that's enough, isn't it?"

Truth be told, she would have loved to learn to heal; she could have seen herself pursuing that path, if not for the way the Clans kept their healers separate from the rest. Maybe, if things were different... But this was ShadowClan, and it was her home for now, and she had tried to make her peace with that. To live in the moment and accept what didn't need to change.

Still, some days the ways she'd failed to truly be one of them started to weigh on her, if she let herself dwell on it. So, she tried not to. "Is there anything you've ever wanted to learn? Aside from this, I mean."

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Knowledge Passed Down (c)   Knowledge Passed Down (c) EmptyMon Jul 11, 2022 10:54 pm

Honeypaw

Honeypaw nodded repeatedly at Thalia’s words, mind immediately racing as he tried to think of different flowers he’d seen before around the Shadowclan territory, thinking about which one's had long stems. Maybe he’d ask Fuzzybelly sometime what kind of flowers are important for the medicine cats, so he didn’t accidentally collect something that the clan needed. He wanted to know like Thalia did, so that maybe he could bring her some flowers to use as a gift.

Her question caught him off guard, dragging him out of his thoughts about flowers and herbs. He blinked at her, “Something I’ve wanted to learn..?” He thought about that. Honeypaw has always been fixated on becoming a warrior, and all the things that came with that, so he hadn't given much thought to other things before. “There’s a lot of things I’d like to learn. I like learning.” He giggled, then paused and thought again.

“I would like to learn more about… history, I guess? I like listening to the elders and stuff. I like learning where our clan has been and what kind of cats have affected our clan enough that their influence lives on long after they're gone..? It’s interesting to me. And for practical skills… I think I’d like to learn how to swim. Like how a Riverclan cat can swim.” Honeypaw shrugged. “I’m… a little nervous around water. I think learning how to handle myself with water would help.”

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Knowledge Passed Down (c)   Knowledge Passed Down (c) EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 1:45 pm

"Swimming could be useful," Thalia mused. "The river doesn't reach us, but the marshes can get pretty deep... And the history! I love listening to the elders talk about the history of the Clans," she purred, her genuine excitement for the subject shining through. "The things they've faced... Everything they've survived... It keeps hope alive, I think. Even the darkest, most dangerous days the cats before us lived through have ended with the return of the light. I... I really like the stories."

She likes them because it's a way to belong. She is not ShadowClan in blood, but she is halfway theirs in heart and spirit; she can know their history like her own reflection, like the marsh beneath her paws, like the fox pelt that lines her nest or covers her face. Like the flowers she bundles and delivers to the medicine den, and weaves into delicate circles.

She does not say this.

"It's nice," she says instead, "to be a part of something."

(She is one small part of a great many things, but few and far between are ones she speaks of freely.)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Knowledge Passed Down (c)   Knowledge Passed Down (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

Knowledge Passed Down (c)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Camp-