Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Forestpaw’s Moonstone Journey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Byrin

Byrin

Characters : Basskit / Fuzzybelly
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan T3 Medicine Cat / ShadowClan Kit / T1 Loner / WindClan Elder
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 501

Forestpaw’s Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Forestpaw’s Moonstone Journey   Forestpaw’s Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 24 May 2022, 8:03 pm

After Harepaw’s journey, he felt more confident in getting to Mothermouth and the Moonstone. It was quite a trip, and they were at least closer than some of the other Clans. Fuzzypaw shuddered at the thought of trying to trek from SkyClan to the Moonstone.

Newleaf brought many herbs, which helped in making the bundles. Fuzzypaw recited in his head which herbs to use as he was gathering the piles. Perhaps there would be a time where he wouldn’t have to think so hard about it, a day he hoped would come soon.

Fuzzypaw looked at the sky; dawn would break any moment now. The dim sun stretching its paws in the sky was one of his favorite things. He smiled at the thought. Oh no, I hope I’m not going to be late, I got to get Forestpaw…

The brown fluffy tom scurried to the apprentice den. He peered in there before nudging Forestpaw awake.

Morning! It is time to go to the Moonstone. I’ve got some herbs ready for us. Then we’re gonna walk a long time. It’s really beautiful, though…

He walked to the medicine den, where two piles were made. Fuzzypaw briskly ate his, looked to Forestpaw, then padded towards the edge of camp. “We’ve got a long way ahead of us, but it will be okay! You’ll meet a StarClan cat today.

Fuzzypaw waited for Forestpaw to be ready, looking at them expectantly.
Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Characters : ➀Forestbreeze ➁Brookstone ➂Briarrose
Clan/Rank : ➀Shadowclan T5 ➁Riverclan T5 ➂Thunderclan T4
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 497

PostSubject: Re: Forestpaw’s Moonstone Journey   Forestpaw’s Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 24 May 2022, 11:19 pm

🌲【Forestpaw】🌲

The tom blinked open his eyes as he slowly sat up in his nest at the nudge he'd received by the medicine cat apprentice, Fuzzypaw. It was only recently that he'd began to sleep back in his own nest after moons of confinement in the medicine cat's den. Despite how much he appreciated both the meddies, he was glad he was out of their den. He hadn't had... the best memories from that place. Anyway, Fuzzypaw was clearly here for a different reason but it was escaping his mind as to what it could be. What was going on? It took a bit for his mind to finally catch up before a smile took over his prior sleepy expression. It was the day he'd be going to the Moonstone! A rush of kit-like excitement bubbled in his chest. "Morning, Fuzzypaw!" he greeted easily, eyes finally losing their bleariness. He stretched up onto his paws before following closely behind the other.

Once the two were inside the medicine cat's den—with Forestpaw barely suppressing a shiver, he eyed the two herb piles with a hint of weariness. He'd heard from others that they weren't the most pleasant to consume. However, that shouldn't matter to him anymore. he'd already fallen behind on his training due to... multiple unfortunate events—mainly the illness that had befallen the young tom soon after Ratrunner's death. That had weakened him so much that his training was halted and he was told to recover. Now, however, he was finally strong enough to continue. He wasn't at his best but it was good enough. he didn't want to waste any more time anyway.

With a crinkle of his nose, Forestpaw consumed the herbs with haste—only pausing to breathe. He licked his maw with a flinch before offering the other tom a shaky smile. "I'm finished,"" he stated with a nod. He then followed the other to the camp's entrance. "I'm ready to go,"" he meowed softly. His tail was twitching with anxiety. Don't get him wrong! He was more than excited to get to speak with a Starclan cat this day. However, he was nervous about who'd he'd get to meet. His heart was urging for his late mentor but at the same time, it prayed for that not to happen. What would Ratrunner say about his recent illness? Would he be disgusted by such a weak apprentice? The fluffy tom bit the inside of his cheek. Well, there was no turning back now...

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
⓵ Forestbreeze of Shadowclan
⓶ Brookstone of Riverclan
⓷ Briarrose of Thunderclan

Last edited by Maagistar on Mon 06 Jun 2022, 11:52 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Byrin

Byrin

Characters : Basskit / Fuzzybelly
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan T3 Medicine Cat / ShadowClan Kit / T1 Loner / WindClan Elder
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 501

PostSubject: Re: Forestpaw’s Moonstone Journey   Forestpaw’s Moonstone Journey EmptyThu 26 May 2022, 3:59 pm

Well, I won’t keep you waiting. Let’s go.

More sure in his steps, Fuzzypaw walked down towards the marshes, going around them until the earth solidified under his paws. It was a long way to go, but this was the important part. StarClan needed to see them, every one of them. He smiled at the thought. StarClan forgot nobody.

The sky darkened overhead as the sun began to set. Mothermouth was close by.

Let’s go in, I’ll lead the way; don’t get lost.

Fuzzypaw walked inside, the walls narrowing before opening to a circular space with the Moonstone in the middle. He could see this stone every day for the rest of his life and it still would stir his heart. Perhaps that was confirmation that his paws were meant to walk with them as a medicine cat and not a warrior. He thought so.

The stone brought him peace. The fluffy brown tom looked at Forestpaw, realizing he gave no instruction but to stare at a pretty rock.

Touch your nose to the stone, StarClan will meet you. May they guide your path.
Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Forestpaw’s Moonstone Journey   Forestpaw’s Moonstone Journey EmptyThu 26 May 2022, 6:18 pm

🌲【Forestpaw】🌲

Urging his anxiety to relax, the apprentice nodded with a minuscule smile as he trailed after the other tom. Forestpaw hoped that the journey would be enough to distract himself from his nerves and wayward thoughts. He hoped it wouldn't just be wishful thinking...

By the time they'd arrived at Mothermouth, Forest was quite tired. The adrenaline had gone alongside the sun. Only the serene darkness of the night remained. At Fuzzypaw's words, Forest could only nod, a twinge of wariness sparked in his chest before he pushed it away. He trusted the young medicine cat apprentice.

The cavern didn't take too long to reach. The tunnels had been a bit tricky to traverse for him but he managed while sticking close to the other tom. The moment he laid his eyes on the rock, he sucked in a breath. It was mystical and quite beautiful. he can certainly see why it was named the "Moonstone". It shone just as bright as the moon.

Forestpaw was startled out of his thoughts when the other apprentice spoke up again. "O-Oh. Alright," he meowed slowly as he turned back to face the stone. Well... here goes nothing. The fluffy tom settled down in front of the Moonstone and then pressed his nose to its cold surface. He let out a shaky sigh before he felt himself drift off.

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════

Last edited by Maagistar on Mon 06 Jun 2022, 11:52 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

Characters : Mintpool of Thunderclan | Hollyshine of Skyclan | Cinderkit of Shadowclan
Number of posts : 687

PostSubject: Re: Forestpaw’s Moonstone Journey   Forestpaw’s Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 27 May 2022, 3:45 am

The moment that Forestpaw drew close, Ratrunner was there, walking through the mist to meet him. The world was lit as if by the gentle light of the moon here, and the grass was soft and dew-like.

Forestpaw, when Ratrunner found him, lay cradled by it, and sleeping softly. His heart ached, a little… but he had a long time to come to terms with the fact that he couldn’t be there for them anymore. And Forestpaw was so strong; Ratrunner had seen it.

“I’m sorry for leaving you,” he murmured still, not quite having the heart to say it eye-to-eye. I should’ve been there… I wanted to be. But they didn’t have as long as he’d like (which was moons and seasons; as long as it took to see Forestpaw a warrior, safe and happy), and so Ratrunner bent to wake him.

He pressed his head gently to the young tom’s shoulder. “Hey, Forestpaw,” he said quietly; unable to do anything but smile warmly. “I’m so glad you could make it.”

Mintpool | Thunderclan T3 Warrior | 45/90 | Shamrock #33cc66
Cinderkit | Shadowclan Kit | 10/30 | DarkGray | #87CEEB
Hollyshine | Skyclan Tier 3 Warrior | 50/120 | Crimson #cc0000

Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Forestpaw’s Moonstone Journey   Forestpaw’s Moonstone Journey EmptySat 28 May 2022, 4:02 am

🌲【Forestpaw】🌲

The sudden weight that was pressed against his shoulder roused him from his slumber. At first, he was a bit confused as to where he was or who the presence beside him was but the moment his mind had finally caught up, his eyes snapped all the way open. His amber eyes flickered though five different emotions at once as he stared right at the face of his late mentor. Starclan, Moonstone, Ratrunner... His breath caught in his throat and for a second, he couldn't breathe at all. This felt like it was too good to be true. The last time he'd seen Ratrunner was when... he didn't really want to think of that right now. Right now, he had another chance to speak with one of the very few cats he had truly looked up to since the moment they had first met. Suddenly, air flowed right back into his lungs and he greedily gulped in a few breaths. He felt his eyes mist up but he paid them no mind. The nerves of earlier returned to him alongside bewilderment and gratefulness. "Ratrunner-" he croaked, "I'm here... Y-You're here..." He bit the inside of his cheek to preserve what little composure he had left. However, it wasn't really working no matter how hard he tried. The pesky tears he'd been trying to hold back barreled on through and he couldn't stop them even if he tried.

He couldn't help but blurt out, "I-I'm sorry!" His frame shook like a leaf as he urged the sobs that wracked his body to just stop. It was like he was back to being the teary little kit—so tiny and so pitiful. Someone so unlike the warriors he aspired to be. However, despite this, he just wasn't in the mood to care. Ratrunner was here. He wasn't just a lump of fur and blood laying on the ground—so still, too still... Without much warning, he surged forward and pressed his face against the starry warrior's chest, desperation and anguish marring his every movement. "P-Please! I-I'm so sorry!" 'I couldn't help you! I couldn't help anyone!' He wanted to stay like that, face shielded from the world. His mentor's scent was different—more serene, fresh, and new in a way—but still safe. It wasn't like Ratrunner could ever be unsafe. It just wasn't possible. Just like Iceheart or Frostgaze. They all smelled like safety and comfort. He missed this...

It took a few moments for Forestpaw to finally get his bearings together. He was feeling more tired than ever before, even more than during the worst of his illness. However, there was also a sense of... peace within him. It was almost like the fire within him was rekindled, the fire that had become mere embers was now slowly building up once more. All the sadness and misery he'd been holding deep in his heart had finally surfaced but now that he'd let it all out, he felt lighter. They were no longer a burden to him, at least, not as harsh of a burden as before. The young tom slowly lifted his face away from Ratrunner's chest, eyes weary yet relieved. He couldn't meet his late mentor's gaze just yet.

The apprentice dipped his head. "S-Sorry for that... It's just that so much had happened and I-I wasn't able to do anything to help. I thought I was stronger than this but I guess I was wrong... I-I'm sorry for not being the apprentice you hoped I'd be. B-But I don't want to give up, though! It's just hard getting out of a hole after having fallen so far down... I still want to make you proud, even if it's j-just a little bit. I just need help..." For the few minutes he'd been in Starclan, he'd already apologized like a dozen times. He just couldn't help it. He felt the need to do so after having failed so many times.

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════

Last edited by Maagistar on Mon 06 Jun 2022, 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

Characters : Mintpool of Thunderclan | Hollyshine of Skyclan | Cinderkit of Shadowclan
Number of posts : 687

PostSubject: Re: Forestpaw’s Moonstone Journey   Forestpaw’s Moonstone Journey EmptySat 04 Jun 2022, 4:23 pm

Oh, Forestpaw… Ratrunner thought softly. “I’m here,” he said. The brown-and-white tom trembled, eyes growing teary, and it tugged at Ratrunner’s heart—

And then broke it, too. The sound of “I’m sorry!” cut him, like fangs in his throat — and, in that moment, he felt a flash of it: the agony of Vixenstar’s claws in his fur, the shock of seeing shadowy flesh knit and billow. It was an ugly memory, and he realized that was… Forestpaw’s last memory of him. The apprentice buried his head into Ratrunner’s chest, trembling. And shaking with his own sadness, the small Starclan tom embraced his young charge back. His chin rested fiercely over Forestpaw. His apprentice had grown so much…

And when he began to speak, Ratrunner listened quietly. Very quietly. But once he was finished, the warrior then leaned back to look the apprentice in the eyes. “Forestpaw… you have nothing to be ashamed of. I promise. I am proud of you.”

There was so much to say. He thought for a moment, intensely; the desire to say them aching. Because Forestpaw was so strong: he was young and wanted to be so much, just like Ratpaw had, once upon a time… “You’re all right. And a lot like me, you know. I… never felt strong enough, to help when I needed to. But you can never miss that moment, Forestpaw.”

Swiftheart’s face flashed across his memory; Nightstalker’s blood pooling in the snow. “It’s as if… something in you takes over. But I wasn’t able to save Amberdawn. I don’t think I told you about that, did I?” He wouldn’t have. It had… been too painful, then. Having her presence, glowing and warm, near him now had healed his heart, however. “My grandma… she was killed by rogues. I can say that now. And it… I wouldn’t have wanted you to try to save me, Forestpaw. Not then. You don’t know how afraid I was.”

The thought of Forestpaw — and Icepaw — under Vixenstar’s malicious, gleeful gaze was enough to ice his heart. “You did very well.”

And then living with those… vile creatures. While Ratrunner waited in the dark, him and Loudnose… Shadowclan had to live with those terrible and violent cats in their midst. “I am sorry I couldn’t be there for you. But I am very proud you’re here. And I know… you’ll be a wonderful warrior, as you are. I would be honored to call you my apprentice.”

Mintpool | Thunderclan T3 Warrior | 45/90 | Shamrock #33cc66
Cinderkit | Shadowclan Kit | 10/30 | DarkGray | #87CEEB
Hollyshine | Skyclan Tier 3 Warrior | 50/120 | Crimson #cc0000

Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Forestpaw’s Moonstone Journey   Forestpaw’s Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 07 Jun 2022, 11:46 am

🌲【Forestpaw】🌲

It took a bit to calm his ragged breathing but he was soon calm enough to also think through the haze. He remained cuddled up to his late mentor's form despite no longer breaking down in despair and guilt. The comfort Ratrunner's reassurances brought him satiated his nerves. He drank every last word—memorized every last sentence. Ratrunner was proud of him. He was sincere and he could detect any lies entangled within his words. This was more than Forestpaw could ask for. Forgiveness had never been more powerful.

At last, the young tom sat up to face his mentor, a shaky smile was in place. "I-I never knew how much I had wanted to hear this. You're not blaming me... I-I was so scared today. I was sure you'd hate me and how useless I was to even do anything." A faraway look plagued his eyes. His voice sounded incredulous yet he was anything but. He was still in slight shock but his mind was finally catching up and it was slowly starting to accept the truth. "I never knew y-you'd gone through something similar... I'm sorry about what you went through. I assume that since you can say it now that you've spoken with her here." The similarities were abundant between them. Perhaps it had been fate that had swayed Frostgaze to put him under the charge of Ratrunner. Anything was a possibility.

He dipped his head, a bit bashful at receiving the older tom's reassuring compliments. "T-Thank you, Ratrunner. I'm more than honored to have had you as my mentor. I will always look up to you... You have no idea how much you mean to me and how much you talking with me meant. I'm sure you have an idea, though," he giggled breathily. He then gave the dark-furred warrior a stern haze then shook his head. "No. You should never be sorry about things you couldn't control. The Dark Forest took everyone by surprise. You wanted to keep the ones you love as safe as you could a-and you accomplished it. Let's promise each other that we have to try and not blame ourselves if something goes wrong. I don't think we can handle any more of this stress." He purred lightly then smiled a tiny, lopsided smile.

He cleared his throat before he could choke up again. "Swiftheart and the others miss you dearly. Do- Do you have anything you'd like me to pass on to them?" His smile brightened at the thought of his clanmates. He loved them just as dearly. If they were anything like Ratrunner, they were probably just as forgiveful. He needed to speak with them about things. Ratrunner had given him the confidence he needed to do it.

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forestpaw’s Moonstone Journey   Forestpaw’s Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Forestpaw’s Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Highstones-
Jump to: