Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

a light in the dark [C]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2483

a light in the dark [C] Empty
PostSubject: a light in the dark [C]   a light in the dark [C] EmptyThu 19 May 2022 - 5:19

When patrols left midday, Cloverheart hurried to join them. She had little to offer to the band of warriors as they tracked towards the river, except quiet mutterings and sharp glances. But it was a good chance for her to take a breath, and step into the territory; for more utilitarian purposes, to gather any herbs she couldn't manage to find during leaf-bare, and to replace the ones she'd lost recently. The rest of the cats that had been issued on the hunt dispersed, spreading out further inland and down along the river. And that left the medicine cat alone with Poppyshine, their newest deputy and the sound of bubbling water.

Hovering near the water, Cloverheart leaned over the bank, watching her reflection waver and ripple against the current. She hummed after a moment, then leaned away to look at the calico accompanying her. She wouldn't call herself overly close with Poppyshine, but she was a kind cat, and a frequenter in her den in recent days. Nodding, Cloverheart mewed, "Don't let your old medicine cat get in your way, Poppyshine. Go ahead, fish. I'll be... around. Maybe I'll fish with you, maybe I'll force you to pick herbs for me." She snickered, dry, then stepped away to allow the deputy room to settle by the water.
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2953

PostSubject: Re: a light in the dark [C]   a light in the dark [C] EmptyFri 20 May 2022 - 10:27

Poppyshine

There had really not been much time at all for Poppyshine and Cloverheart to speak before, and now that she was deputy, Poppyshine knew that it was important to get to know the medicine cat. She’d gotten to know her a bit simply by being in the medicine den so much, checking up on Rushtalon and Dovesight while they were healing, but now she hoped that she could get to know her on a more personal level. She responded to Cloverheart’s dry humor by stating, “You won’t have to force me. I’m happy to help you!”

She smiled and turned back to the river. She didn’t want to step on Cloverheart’s toes while she looked for herbs. Nor did she want to bother Cloverheart with her own fears sitting by the river. It had been a little while since she fished, and she’d hoped that by now, it would have allowed those pesky fears of falling into the river like she had as an apprentice get washed away—but it did not seem to be the case. Regardless, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath to center herself. Poppyshine could catch a fish, and then perhaps she could insist on helping Cloverheart with herbs.

As glistening scales peeked through the water surface, Poppyshine lunged out her claws to grab one. It was just as easy as it was when she was taught, and her claws caught onto the fish and she tossed it onto the river. The newleaf fish were fat and plentiful, which meant their clan was flourishing. All the more reason Poppyshine was happy with how things were going for her clan.

Poppyshine caught a fish, costing 3 SP!

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards

Last edited by xaandiir on Fri 20 May 2022 - 10:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15017

PostSubject: Re: a light in the dark [C]   a light in the dark [C] EmptyFri 20 May 2022 - 10:27

The member 'xaandiir' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 5

a light in the dark [C] Mistpe10
a light in the dark [C] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: a light in the dark [C]   a light in the dark [C] EmptyThu 26 May 2022 - 5:47

Undeterred by the medicine cat's sharpness, Poppyshine pressed forward with her ever-present smile and chipper words about herb hunting. Cloverheart flicked an ear at the calico, but didn't say anything more. Were it anyone else, she might have rolled her eyes at them, muttered something to herself and curl her lip into an expression more like baring teeth, less of the smile she intended to put on. But Poppyshine... she'd been a bolt of sunshine all her little life, and she was one of few cats Cloverheart allowed herself to like. Not get close, but like well enough. With a shake of her head and a faint smile, the medicine cat turned away, ranging further upstream, leaving Poppyshine to her hunt.

The river was always a good place for herb collecting, and that was especially apparent with the warmer new-leaf air. Plants thrived this close to the bank; not all of them useful, but many of them. Not far away, Cloverheart had already ran into a shrub dotted with purple flowers, its leaves soft and fuzzy like kitten-down; and lower ones, too, leaves sharper and plant round and beautiful golden. Nothing rare, but things she would need anyway. Maybe I can find some feverfew or watermint if I keep going... But these were good enough, for now– and good enough for a sudden idea that popped into her head. Taking a few fuzzy leaves from the purple-flowered bush and a few of the golden flowers between her teeth as gingerly as she could, Cloverheart turned on her pads and returned to Poppyshine's side, just as she pitched a fish onto the bank. Dropping her small collection, Cloverheart nodded towards the fish, humming, "Good catch. I'm glad our deputy knows how to hunt. But," and she gestured a loose paw towards the mussed pile of plants, "Can you tell me what either of these are? They're both pretty common, and you might need to know them yourself, one day. You should know at least one of them, since you hang around so often." There was a subtle warmth to the medicine cat's voice, and she was smiling in earnest as she reclined back onto her haunches.
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: a light in the dark [C]   a light in the dark [C] EmptyThu 26 May 2022 - 10:24

Poppyshine

Poppyshine looked up from her catch and smiled happily at her medicine cat’s praise. Her attention was quickly redirected to the pile of plants. She looked over and sniffed around curiously. A lot of the scents were familiar, both from the plants she’d encountered on patrols, and from her multiple visits to the medicine den as of late. The names, though…

“Mint,” Poppyshine guessed carefully. She sniffed again. “And tansy?” Poppyshine looked back to Cloverheart. She wasn’t certain, really, and just hoped she’d identified their names correctly. There had been a time where she was interested in learning about herbs and medicines. She could never be a full medicine cat—she wanted a family too badly, and didn’t think StarClan would ever choose her anyway—but had wanted to know to help those around her. She was too intimidated as an apprentice to invade the medicine den and learn properly, though, but that was what made Cloverheart showing her now all the more special.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: a light in the dark [C]   a light in the dark [C] EmptyTue 31 May 2022 - 4:42

Poppyshine put her nose to the herbs Cloverheart had brought back, sniffing them carefully and looking genuinely thoughtful over what they could be. Cloverheart's smile grew wider, looking actually fond of the deputy, but her grin came with a slow shake of her head. "You're wrong, but I appreciate you actually guessing. I see where you got those." A loose paw waved in the direction of the fuzzy leaves she'd brought back. "These are mallow leaves. They're not good for much besides stomachaches, but that's still important. And these," her paw twitched towards the golden leaves, "are marigold leaves. It's a lot more versatile than mallow leaves are. It can help bleeding, infection... even old joints, but I don't use it for that so much. Still, it's a good, basic herb to keep around, and you can find it almost everywhere on our territory. If I wanted tansy and mint, I'd probably have to cross Sunningrocks and ask Dovefrost for them." Cloverheart's nose wrinkled, almost instinctually. She'd never had a problem with ThunderClan's medicine cat, and he'd never been unkind to her, but any friend of Beechfang's made her stomach curl. Shaking her head, the little medicine cat rose back to her paws, flicking an ear towards Poppyshine.

"You know, I'm almost sad Perchstar made you deputy. If I'd known you cared about what I do, I would have dragged you to Highstones a moon ago. Or, at least stuffed you into my den so we didn't get shredded trying to find StarClan." Her words fell away, and she looked at the calico sidelong, almost studying. Any further praise was left unsaid, but the longer Cloverheart stared at Poppyshine, the more confident she was in Perchstar's choice. She would have been a good apprentice, but she's better helping the Clan from the warrior side. The cats falling all over her might be a bit bitter if I took her away, too. She let out a little noise of amusement, and without explanation, turned away with a whisk of her tail. "I can teach you more, if you'd like. Everything's coming to life again, and there's plenty to be found down by the river."

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: a light in the dark [C]   a light in the dark [C] EmptyTue 31 May 2022 - 15:20

Poppyshine

Poppyshine listened very carefully to Cloverheart’s explanation and gave each of the plants another couple sniffs so she could commit the names and scents to memory. Mallow leaves for stomachaches. Marigold leaves for bleeding, infection, and other uses. She’d have to visit the medicine den another time to get a smell of mint and tansy individually so she could remember the differences. These, though, she would remember.

“I’d love to learn more,” Poppyshine mewed as she rose back fully to her paws. “I like to learn about medicines—though I don’t think I would have been a good medicine cat. I want kits too much to commit fully, but I’ll always be happy to help you out when I can.” She smiled and followed alongside Cloverheart after she buried the fish to make sure they could fetch it on the way back.

Cloverheart’s praise warmed Poppyshine’s heart and she was glad that Cloverheart liked her enough to teach her all of these. She knew that the medicine cat was a pretty private individual, but she had so much knowledge to teach. Poppyshine would have plenty of time to learn it all, but it never felt like she could learn new things fast enough.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: a light in the dark [C]   a light in the dark [C] EmptyMon 6 Jun 2022 - 4:01

Moreso than any warrior she'd tried to talk to about her herbs in the past, Poppyshine was attentive. Whole and truly interested, green eyes sparkling, smiling and skipping when she fell in at the medicine cat's side. "Kits? You? I never would have guessed," the she-cat teased, trotting along the river. If Cloverheart had to guess who wanted kits the most out of everyone in the forest, she would have pointed at Poppyshine every time. Even without saying it, it was apparent in the deputy, and had been since she'd come into the world. In a softer tone, "I'm sure you'll make a good mother, when the time comes. I hope to see them someday." And with that, the sentimentality was gone from her.

Tail flicking to and fro, Cloverheart eyed the vegetation around them as they went. New-leaf was easily her favorite season, if for no reason other than how alive the world looked. And this especially, after the particular harshness of leaf-bare and the Dark Forest's reign... it was soothing, in a way she couldn't properly voice, to see things looking right again. And with all the greenery came the return of precious herbs, and her eyes had already skimmed a few useful plants. Drawing up to a halt, she turned to Poppyshine, mewing, "Let's start easy. Every cat in RiverClan knows what rushes are, and if they don't, a good box on the ears should rattle some sense into them. But," she nodded towards a cluster of healthy looking stalks that had cropped up closer to the water's edge. "They're for more than reinforcing camp walls, or making your nest look pretty. They make good binds, and can set broken bones easy enough." She turned away from the water, looking further inland, to a group of bushes dotted with little white leaves. "That over there, that's feverfew. It looks a lot like daisy; telling them apart just takes practice. It does exactly what the name implies. If I look a little closer, I'm sure I could find some fennel a little farther inland. Tall, with yellow flowers and spiky li'l leaves. If you break the stem open and drink what's inside, it helps with hip pain."

Pausing for a breath, Cloverheart wandered a little inland, closer to the feverfew she'd pointed out earlier. "Don't let me prattle on about every single herb I know, or we'll be here all day. But these little ones that grow everywhere, that are more useful than most warriors realize– I want you to remember these ones."
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: a light in the dark [C]   a light in the dark [C] EmptyWed 8 Jun 2022 - 13:52

Poppyshine

The confidence in her ability to be a good mother warmed Poppyshine’s heart. She certainly had the experience and practice from the time spent in the nursery, but it was hard to really predict who would be a good mother until they were one. Cloverheart didn’t seem to doubt her at all, though, and it made Poppyshine feel fuzzy inside.

Once Cloverheart moved onto speaking about herbs once again, Poppyshine refocused. She looked at each one that Cloverheart pointed out and nodded, doing her best to commit their appearance to memory. Rushes can be good for broken bones. Feverfew looks like daisy. Fennel helps with hip pain.

Poppyshine nodded along and paused when Clover did. With a laugh, she mewed, “You act as though I’d be disappointed if you told me about every single herb.” She moved closer and looked more directly at the feverfew, so she could remember it in its entirety. “What makes them so special?”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP