Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

pallid moonlight [closed]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

pallid moonlight [closed] Empty
PostSubject: pallid moonlight [closed]   pallid moonlight [closed] EmptySun 15 May 2022 - 19:04

His pelt still instinctively itched when walking through the open clearing of camp. The Dark Forest's grip on their clan, on his life, had been so consuming that it was simply a way of being. He missed the tunnels, wishing to dive deep into their mysterious depths with a companion at his side. Underneath the surface of the moonlands, there were no prying eyes or expectations. A consuming darkness was a comfort, limitless freedom for a wandering mind like his own.

Lavenderdrop let out a sigh of exasperation through the sides of his maw. It passed over the fur of the scrawny hare between his teeth. The night had just fallen and stars graced the sky above. He still had to blink to adjust to the sight, given how abnormal it was. And the moonlight... it seemed less daunting and frail now in comparison. Pausing briefly to glance up at the scenery above head, his whiskers twitched and his eyes widened. For as distant as they were, Starclan was now made to be so close. Windclan had always had the deepest connection to the ancestors. That had become a reality for the tom now. Despite focusing on his rescue of Whisperpaw, the tom had seen the firsthand the devotion the late cats held for their clan.

And he was sworn back to them.

Blinking finally, the warrior continued on towards the medicine cats den. When he laid eyes on the pelt of the apprentice, his eyes lit up, "Whisperpaw. Hey!" The hare dropped from his maw. Ears flushed in embarrassment but he quickly recovered it to bring the other cat prey like he'd intended. Of course, even as a warrior, he could still manage to make himself look like a fool. Flicking his feathery tail, he settled down at Whisperpaw's side so their pelts were comfortably touching. There came a soft and warm purr, pushing away the embarrassment as he pawed the prey over, "How are you healing? How are you feeling?"
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2958

PostSubject: Re: pallid moonlight [closed]   pallid moonlight [closed] EmptyMon 16 May 2022 - 10:36

Whisperpaw

Whisperpaw had always been easily exhausted, but that was nothing compared to now. With so much of their energy being put towards their body’s healing, they seemed to sleep for most hours of the day now. They felt like a kit again, but they slept even more than they had at that age. Whisperpaw was grateful for the few hours when they could manage to stay awake, especially when those hours were filled with cats they cared for. Lavenderdrop’s appearance brought a rumbling purr from them as they leaned against Lavenderdrop in return.

I’m…healing, Whisperpaw replied in the softest whisper. The claws across their throat had not killed them, but it had impacted their voice. It hurt to speak most of the time, and it was hard to push their voice any louder. Part of them thought that their name was wildly appropriate now.

They nudged Lavenderdrop a bit. How are you? Or the rest of the clan? It was hard to keep up with anything while they were trapped here in the medicine den. Any news was good.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: pallid moonlight [closed]   pallid moonlight [closed] EmptyTue 17 May 2022 - 10:45

Lavenderdrop had to strain to hear Whisperpaw, leaning in closer and perking his ears up to draw in the frail sound of his friend's voice. Even though their medicine cat had worked hard and the wound healed up, it seemed there was lasting damage to their voice. His eyes softened slightly and he butted his head into the wounded cat's cheek, "Does it hurt a lot? You don't have to talk much if it hurts. I don't mind." His feathery tail flickered over Whisperpaw's back, a comfortable familiarity. As he realized how close the pair of them were, the warrior's ears heated and he grew slightly flustered but didn't move away. It was odd to be so at ease around another but he could feel himself slowly opening up to those around him.

"The clan seems to be doing okay. It's... odd to not have creatures always looking over your shoulder. Sometimes it almost feels like they're still there." He shuddered, "I'll get used to it one of these days. Such a weird thing for there not to be instant relief when they're gone, right? Sorry I'm rambling... I'm fine. You should eat." Lavenderdrop's claws snagged the hare and pushed it closer to Whisperpaw, tipping his head slightly, encouraging them to take it. He'd never had such severe injuries and hardly knew what it took to recover from such a thing but he imagined it to be quite the exhausting endeavor.
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2958

PostSubject: Re: pallid moonlight [closed]   pallid moonlight [closed] EmptyTue 17 May 2022 - 14:07

Whisperpaw

Whisperpaw smiled a bit at Lavenderdrop’s nervous care. They appreciated him so much, and hoped that Lavenderdrop knew how much his worry meant. They mewed, It hurts a little, but really only when I try to speak louder. This is comfortable.

They listened to Lavenderdrop’s explanations and nodded along. Right, you were born right around when the Dark Forest arrived, they mused. I was just a kit when they arrived, but I had some time before them. If you didn’t know what to expect without them, then why would you have a reason to feel relieved? They smiled at Lavenderdrop, trying to assure him that whatever he felt, it was okay. They mirrored Lavenderdrop’s gesture and laid their long tail over his back too, though his was not quite so soft and comfortable as Lavenderdrop’s feathery tail.

Whisperpaw abided by Lavenderdrop’s urge too, and began to eat, though their movements were slow and stiff. Between bites, they mewed, I suppose it’ll be even longer before I’m a warrior now. You’ll be a senior warrior before I get my warrior name at this rate. They smiled with a comfortable, teasing joy.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP