Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

we listen, we wait [closed, mint+fawn]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ginger

ginger

Characters : Mintpool of Thunderclan | Hollyshine of Skyclan | Cinderkit of Shadowclan
Number of posts : 687

we listen, we wait [closed, mint+fawn] Empty
PostSubject: we listen, we wait [closed, mint+fawn]   we listen, we wait [closed, mint+fawn] EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 13:22

Mintpool — after a moment’s quiet — abruptly dove into the bushes. At least, it likely seemed abrupt; she had been following the squirrel’s tiny patter for some time now, and finally she’d gotten close enough.

Efficiently, the squirrel’s delicate neck was snapped between Mintpool’s teeth, and the long, tall warrior unfolded and returned to Fawnshine. Their path was a dark, warm soil dappled with sunlight, and several leaves fell from her fur as she emerged with her kill. “It’s a young one,” Mintpool commented quietly, after she set down the squirrel. It was young — and naive, to have let the pair of cats so close to it, no matter how quiet or downwind. Mintpool had expected it to flee much earlier. It hadn’t known to be wary. With a small shake of her fur, the former Riverclanner gave her medicine cat a mild, somewhat considering look. But there was surprisingly steel behind it. Is she so young, too?

The smell of sickly, rotting fur — and cat’s blood — burned in her memory. Their forest was teeming with predators… and Mintpool would be a fool if she considered herself a match for that filth, if the time came. The warrior resisted a shiver, and a sickening tinge of fear — remembering Thrushnose’s body — in favor of keeping her gaze on the tortoiseshell. I need her help. But would she understand?

There was intelligence in those mismatched eyes. But it was hard to read her. And so, letting out a thin breath, Mintpool looked away. “We’re almost there,” she said simply. Snakerocks was just around the corner.

Mintpool | Thunderclan T3 Warrior | 45/90 | Shamrock #33cc66
Cinderkit | Shadowclan Kit | 10/30 | DarkGray | #87CEEB
Hollyshine | Skyclan Tier 3 Warrior | 50/120 | Crimson #cc0000

Last edited by ginger on Sat 30 Apr 2022 - 16:49; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15017

PostSubject: we listen, we wait [closed, mint+fawn]   we listen, we wait [closed, mint+fawn] EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 13:22

The member 'ginger' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 4

we listen, we wait [closed, mint+fawn] Mistpe10
we listen, we wait [closed, mint+fawn] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Arcana

Arcana

Characters : [F]awnshine, [Fe]nnelbreeze, [T]hrushnose, [H]arrierpaw
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 1477

PostSubject: Re: we listen, we wait [closed, mint+fawn]   we listen, we wait [closed, mint+fawn] EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 21:29

Fawnshine jolted at the rustle of the leaves, but it was expected. That squirrel seemed to be a target for Mintpool for a while now. "It does seem young." And inexperienced. As they continued on, she couldn't help but notice Mintpool's restlessness. Has she always been like that? She nodded following Mintpool's words. A lot has happened... and she wished she could've gotten to know more of her clanmates — especially after what has been revealed. But it was too risky asking about it now.

At the warrior's next comment, her pace slowed... until she stopped. "Mintpool," She spoke, "This is really out of the blue, but... do you think you can spar with me?" There was an awkward silence after her sentence.. as expected. She soon mewed again, "I've never had as much defense or fighting skills as how a normal warrior would have, you see. And well — I suppose you'd be the best cat to ask... If you don't mind." It was important. She lacked the skills to battle — and she only knew of the basics.

Thrushnose │ ThunderClan │ Tier V Warrior │ 70HP / 160SP │ #7b675d
Fennelbreeze │ WindClan │ Tier IV Warrior│ 60HP / 140SP │ #88ab84
Fawnshine │ ThunderClan │ T4 Classic MC │ 25HP / 60SP │ #d1bea8
Harrierpaw (not pictured)│ SkyClan │ Apprentice │ 20HP / 60SP │ #944c3e

Art Requests │ ​Character ProfilesHeart Chart
Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

Characters : Mintpool of Thunderclan | Hollyshine of Skyclan | Cinderkit of Shadowclan

PostSubject: Re: we listen, we wait [closed, mint+fawn]   we listen, we wait [closed, mint+fawn] EmptyThu 26 May 2022 - 23:33

At Fawnshine’s words, Mintpool stilled. In thought, of course… and maybe a bit of surprise. She turned to the medicine cat, and looked down to meet her gaze.

She is serious, I think. Intense green met Fawnshine’s mirrored two, for a moment. Then Mintpool thought of her paw, and shifted. “I’m afraid I’m not the best fighter,” she admitted, to make it clear. “My paw makes me less steady, and I get tired more easily. But if you want to practice, of course. It’s important to know how to defend yourself.”

She took a breath, and then steeled herself to look Fawnshine in the eyes. “Especially now. I also need to ask you something…” And then, point blank, “Can the Dark Forest warriors be killed?”

Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: we listen, we wait [closed, mint+fawn]   we listen, we wait [closed, mint+fawn] EmptySun 29 May 2022 - 1:28

"It's fine. I mean... I don't necessarily need a strong warrior, I just need to learn the basics, that's all." She smiled. "Thank you, Mintpool." But then, the topic steered. In more of a positive, or negative way, she wasn't sure. Could they? She didn't know.

"Maybe you'll need to ask Dovefrost if you want to know more, but.. From my conclusion, they maybe could? But I'm unsure. They need to take on a physical form apart from their souls at the Dark Forest, and how, I don't know, but if you manage to defeat them.. I think they'll perish, or something like that." She nodded.

Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

PostSubject: Re: we listen, we wait [closed, mint+fawn]   we listen, we wait [closed, mint+fawn] EmptyMon 30 May 2022 - 17:16

Fawnshine didn’t blink.

Or flinch. Mintpool listened quietly, and watched, but the tortoiseshell answered her honestly. (And not with much surprise.) She nodded, even as she frowned. “Thank you, Fawnshine.”

So they could be killed. At least… as far as medicine cats knew. Their… bodies, or what passed for such, tied them as much to this world as Mintpool’s did.

She shook her head. “But if we’re going to kill them, we have to be ready for them first.” Even the thought made her shiver. The young warrior glanced around. It… wasn’t an ideal place for a spar, but then, they had a bit of space…

Her attention turned to the squirrel, and with the slightly awkward movement of scraping soil (with her lucky paw), she covered it. Hastily, maybe — but she and Fawnshine would be near, and they’d take it back to camp once they were finished.

Then Mintpool considered how to begin. She decided to stepped in a wide arc — to give them both space— and settled a fox-length away. Has she had any training before? Mintpool wondered. “There are a lot of ways to learn the fundamentals,” she said, considering Fawnshine’s reply. “And I had two teachers. My way… can’t really be yours, either. But ultimately, you learn by doing. So… say, right now, I was your enemy.” Mintpool tilted her head. “What would you do?”

It felt… a bit aggressive, to ask Fawnshine to attack first. But as time went by, Mintpool knew Minnowfin was right to guide her this way. Retaliating instinctively is entirely different from choosing, yourself, to attack someone… especially when you know they can claw back.

Mintpool is inviting Fawnshine to strike her.

Mintpool:
35/35 | 67/70

Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: we listen, we wait [closed, mint+fawn]   we listen, we wait [closed, mint+fawn] EmptyTue 31 May 2022 - 6:47

Fawnshine

Despite having the disadvantage of her paw, Mintpool allowed her to go first. They were both disadvantaged, to be true — Mintpool physically, and she, with barely any information on how to battle at all. Not using claws would be best, considering as she'd have to treat both herself and Mintpool... Though that was the least worrying bit. Stoatstar would've been frustrated, and it was basic to not scratch harshly, even if she used her claws — or not. It was simply just a spar, after all. Attempting to recall a move she'd seen her clanmates use in their most recent battle with the Dark Forest cats, Fawnshine leaped at Mintpool with outstretched paws, bowling her over — but it wasn't as easy as she'd imagined in her head.

Fighting was something she wasn't used to, and she shouldn't — but the medicine cat felt like she should've known more.

"Tell me if I could improve something," She mewed.

Fawnshine used Jumping Strike for 7 SP, dealing 9 (6+3) damage!

Fawnshine
25/25 HP
53/60 SP (-7)

Mintpool
26/35 HP (-9)
67/70 sp

Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

PostSubject: Re: we listen, we wait [closed, mint+fawn]   we listen, we wait [closed, mint+fawn] EmptyFri 3 Jun 2022 - 21:26

Mintpool grunted as she hit the ground – even if she was expecting it. Somewhat, at least. The fact Fawnshine hadn’t hesitated... She’s serious. Nodding in approval, if slightly out of breath, the warrior slipped from under the young medicine cat. “You have… excellent instincts. Good.”

You’ll need them. As quick and slick as a fish, Mintpool swept her paw beneath Fawnshine’s feet, and then pounced onto her shoulder — effectively reversing them. She kept her claws carefully sheathed, but tried to mimic an actual pin, and with force. “When fighting, try to keep on your feet. It’s one of the hardest lessons for me — but if you can’t, you need to try and break free, or make it as difficult as you can for them to hurt you.”

Mintpool used Leap-and-Hold on Fawnshine, dealing 8 damage and pinning for 2 turns. Costs 15 stamina!

Fawnshine [pinned! 1/2]
17/25 | 53/60

Mintpool
26/35 | 52/70

Last edited by ginger on Fri 3 Jun 2022 - 21:31; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: we listen, we wait [closed, mint+fawn]   we listen, we wait [closed, mint+fawn] EmptyFri 3 Jun 2022 - 21:26

The member 'ginger' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 4

Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: we listen, we wait [closed, mint+fawn]   we listen, we wait [closed, mint+fawn] EmptySat 4 Jun 2022 - 18:07

Fawnshine

Fawnshine gasped. The swift, and seemingly experienced warrior (or at least much more experienced than her) quickly swept her off her feet, and changed their positions to her now being pinned down instead. They both kept their claws sheathed, but it felt as if it'd been a real experience. Good. She's not going easy on me.

She nodded, taking in Mintpool's advice. Using it in experience, almost right away, the medicine cat rolled over to her paws, hind legs attempting to throw her off, but her paw slipped. Fawnshine was pinned once more, with a grunt to her failed attempt at escaping.

Fawnshine used Duck and Twist for 5 SP! It was Unsuccessful and dealt 4 damage!

Fawnshine
17/25 HP
48/60 SP (-5)

Mintpool
22/35 HP (-4)
52/70 SP

Last edited by Arcana on Sat 4 Jun 2022 - 18:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: we listen, we wait [closed, mint+fawn]   we listen, we wait [closed, mint+fawn] EmptySat 4 Jun 2022 - 18:07

The member 'Arcana' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 1

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: we listen, we wait [closed, mint+fawn]   we listen, we wait [closed, mint+fawn] Empty

Back to top Go down

we listen, we wait [closed, mint+fawn]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ThunderClan Territory :: Snakerocks-
Jump to: