Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Watch Your Step [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4; Rogue T1
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2988

Watch Your Step [C] Empty
PostSubject: Watch Your Step [C]   Watch Your Step [C] EmptyMon 25 Apr 2022 - 22:25

Fawnpatch

Fawnpatch had had some good luck here and there with the ShadowClan cats. Frostedpaw was well under her control, and things seemed…alright when it came to Marshmallow, and while Mistyfalcon didn’t like her, she had control. It wasn’t enough, though. She wanted more cats to love her, to see her as an authority figure. She needed to find another cat to take under her wing.

There was a newly appointed apprentice that she’d seen the other day. It was unfortunate that she couldn’t get to him when he was still a kit, but he was still young. She could manage.

After taking some time to make herself look presentable, she approached the apprentice. She couldn’t get rid of the putrid stench that followed her and every other Dark Forest cat, nor could she stop her eternally dripping pelt from soaking every paw step; but she’d ensured her fur was groomed and she looked as pleasant as she could. At least she didn’t have any gaping wounds or otherwise frightening appearance quirks that would scare him off immediately.

“Hello there, little one,” Fawnpatch purred. “You’re Honeypaw, yes? I watched your apprentice ceremony the other day. Congratulations.” She smiled. “I was hoping that now that you’re an apprentice, you would do me the honor of joining me on a hunt to catch some fresh prey. My old bones aren’t what they used to be.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards  ❊  Codes
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1039

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Step [C]   Watch Your Step [C] EmptyMon 25 Apr 2022 - 22:39

Honeypaw looked up from grooming himself, preparing for his next lesson with Iceheart. She was out on patrol, but he’s excited for her to come back and teach him even more about being a warrior! She doesn’t seem particularly enthusiastic about being a mentor, but Honeypaw was so excited to be her apprentice.

He resists the urge to wrinkle his nose at the smell wafting off of Fawnpatch. There are a lot of cats that smell like that in the camp, but Honeypaw still can’t get used to that. And they feel… wrong. A lot of the other cats seem nervous around them. It’s weird, and Honeypaw doesn’t really understand what the strange cats’ whole… deal is. But it’s always been this way, at least as far as Honeypaw can remember, so he figures it must be normal, no matter how he feels about it.

And besides, his mother always taught him to be polite and to respect his elders. Even the stinky ones.

So he straightens up and smiles up at Fawnpatch. "Thank you!" He says with bright eyes. “What’s your name? And I’d love to go hunting with you! I don’t know how good I’ll be, I’m still learning, but I’ll help catch as many prey as I can!" He meowed.
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Step [C]   Watch Your Step [C] EmptyTue 26 Apr 2022 - 13:52

Fawnpatch

Fawnpatch gave Honeypaw a warm smile as they headed out of camp. She led the way for Honeypaw to follow, and she made her way toward the deep marshes. While they walked, she meowed, “My name is Fawnpatch. I’m happy to teach you more about hunting while we’re out. Apprentices are always so full of energy and ready to learn, so I’m certain that you’ll do wonderfully.”

The marsh mud became squishier under her paw and she glanced around, spotting several potholes of water. She steered clear of them enough and looked over at Honeypaw, ensuring he wouldn’t go falling into one either. She wanted to earn a bit of trust before…anything happened. “You must be so excited to be an apprentice.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Step [C]   Watch Your Step [C] EmptyTue 26 Apr 2022 - 16:59

Honeypaw obidentally pads after Fawnpatch, smiling cheerfully and bouncing on his pawpads. He followed Fawnpatch’s direction, avoiding the holes full of water. “I am!” He mewed. “I’m so excited.”

He sped up a bit to fall more into step with Fawnpatch so he could look at her as he rambled. “Iceheart is really nice and a great mentor and I’m so excited to learn as much as I can.” He said. He puffed out his chest proudly. “One day I’m gonna make a great warrior, I just know it!” Then he ducked his head. “Or at least, I hope so.”
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Step [C]   Watch Your Step [C] EmptyTue 26 Apr 2022 - 17:10

Fawnpatch

Her tail bent back to tickle his nose a bit. “You will,” she mewed confidently. “You have the makings of a good warrior, I’m certain. That enthusiasm and care for others is what makes a good warrior.” She would have gagged on her own words if she wasn’t so good at her façade from her years being alive. The warrior code was a joke, and it was ridiculous how much weight was put onto the identity of being a warrior. However, she couldn’t start feeding that line of thinking into this one, who clearly held it in such high regard. She’d have to earn trust first.

“I’m sure Iceheart will teach you when she can…the poor dear seems tired so much of the time. It’s probably best that you don’t bother her too much,” Fawnpatch mused innocently. “If you ever want to go out and don’t want to bother her, of course, you can always come to me. It’s hard for me to get out of camp on my own, so having such a nice helper would be wonderful.” She glanced back at him. “You’d do that for me, wouldn’t you, Honeypaw?”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Step [C]   Watch Your Step [C] EmptyTue 26 Apr 2022 - 20:47

Honeypaw brightened at the praise, smiling at the idea that the older warrior truly believed he’d be a good warrior someday. His nose wrinkles when she flicks it with her tail, and he giggled a bit.

Although he drooped a bit as Fawnpatch talks about Iceheart. She did have a point… Iceheart did seem tired often. He suddenly felt a bit guilty. He’s been excited about his apprenticeship and pestering her often, but what if she didn’t want to be his mentor? Maybe Fawnpatch was right and he should avoid bothering her if he could…

He dragged himself out of his thoughts to look at Fawnpatch again, and he smiled. “Of course Fawnpatch! I’ll help you whatever way I can!” He promised, puffing out his chest again.
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Step [C]   Watch Your Step [C] EmptyTue 26 Apr 2022 - 20:55

Fawnpatch

This apprentice wore his emotions right on his nose, and so it was clear just how disheartened he grew at the mention of Iceheart being too tired to teach him. That was all the better, especially following how happy he looked at the prospect of spending time with her instead. The bait was laid—she just needed to pounce on it before anyone could convince him to pull away from her.

Luckily for her, an opportunity came. She drew to a stop when she saw a squirrel snuffling around on the ground a few foxtail-lengths away. Between them and the squirrel, she could see thanks to her height, was a large—and presumably deep—pond hole. The marsh was littered with them, especially here in the deep marshes. A sinister idea began to form in her mind and she quickly ducked her head down so Honeypaw would go down with her and avoid seeing the slight glisten of the water’s surface.

“Honeypaw,” she hissed. “Do you scent that squirrel right up ahead?” She caught his gaze and smiled. “I think you’ll do well to catch it. Now for squirrels, you must sprint fast and go straight at them. You’ll catch it before it can even react, alright? No creeping around; dash right at it and grab it for me? I’m too slow to catch squirrels in my old age.” She was almost certain that Iceheart hadn’t yet taught Honeypaw how to hunt properly. The deception would work well for her.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Step [C]   Watch Your Step [C] EmptyThu 28 Apr 2022 - 16:40

Honeypaw was sticking close to Fawnpatch and paying attention to her, so he’s quick to duck down when she does. When she pointed out the squirrel scent, he opened his mouth to smell better and nodded eagerly. A thrill ran through him. It would be a long time yet before he stopped getting deeply excited at the thought of hunting for his clan. He listened closely to Fawnpatch’s instructions and gave a serious nod, determined to do well.

He dropped into a hunting crouch. He made sure he was lined up with where the squirrel was peacefully examining a nut. He was completely oblivious to the danger lurking behind the squirrel. He took a deep breath, and then launched himself forward. Of course, he makes far too much noise and the squirrel is off like a shot before he even lands.

And when he does land, his momentum had him quickly sliding on the slippery ground, rolling for a few minutes before landing with a loud splash! Directly into the water. The pond was deep, and the water quickly covered Honeypaw’s head. And all Honeypaw can feel is panic, for he had never been submerged in water completely before, and he had no idea how to swim. He flails, splashing water everywhere as his heavy fur drags him down. He can’t find the surface in the dirty, murky pond and his claws can’t get a hold of anything.
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Step [C]   Watch Your Step [C] EmptyThu 28 Apr 2022 - 17:28

Fawnpatch

Exactly as Fawnpatch had planned, Honeypaw went diving into the pool without even realizing it was there. She watched him sink, being swallowed up completely by the water, and then the terrified splashing and flailing began. She took her time approaching the pool, making sure that she skirted around its edge to not get herself wet. “Oh no, Honeypaw!” she called. Her voice sounded genuine enough, though it didn’t show on her face; after all, Honeypaw couldn’t see it.

She laid herself down at the edge of the pool and splashed her paw around on the surface of the water as though she was trying to reach him. She scowled every time Honeypaw’s panicked movements splashed water at her face, but she was willing to keep up the charade. She didn’t want Honeypaw to drown…that wouldn’t be any fun. If she was going to get him to rely on her, then putting him in a bit of danger would do the trick.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Step [C]   Watch Your Step [C] EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 13:31

Honeypaw can hear the sound of Fawnpatch calling for him through the water, but he can’t make out the words. He tried to orient himself toward the sound of her voice, but he couldn't seem to navigate through the murky water. An involuntary panicked mewl escaped him, which let his air out and just made him more panicked than before.

Honeypaw’s claws eventually latched into some of the shifting ground as best they can and he tried to push himself off the ground and back to the surface, but his strength was fading without air and everything was getting dim.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Step [C]   Watch Your Step [C] EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 16:03

Fawnpatch

Fawnpatch continued her splashing and calls, like her efforts were fruitless. It was rather hilarious seeing just how panicked he was as he flung himself about in the water. She noted that his movements were growing weaker, though, and while it was disappointing that the fun was already done, she didn’t want to break him. She sighed to herself and then finally pushed her face forward. She plunged her head into the water and caught onto the scruff of his neck. With a bit of effort, she lugged him out of the water and onto the dry land. Fawnpatch pulled him a little further away and put on a worried expression.

“Honeypaw! Honeypaw are you alright?” Fawnpatch asked, sounding choked up. She pressed against him and began grooming his sopping wet fur. “Oh I’m so sorry! I didn’t see the pond. You must have been so afraid, oh I’m sorry. I’m here. You’re safe now.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Step [C]   Watch Your Step [C] EmptyWed 4 May 2022 - 13:54

Honeypaw coughed and gagged on the nasty pond water that got into his mouth. He shuddered, trembling violently as his eyes stared at nothing for a few seconds. He doesn’t even register Fawnpatch words at first, just the comforting register of her voice and her warmth beside him. He pressed himself into her, slowly dragging his awareness back to the present.

“It-It’s okay,” He mumbled faintly, voice tiny and barely audible and nothing like the usual, cheerfully loud tone he carries. “You didn’t know.” He sniffed and briefly hid his face against her. “Th-thanks for rescuing me.”

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Step [C]   Watch Your Step [C] EmptyWed 4 May 2022 - 14:00

Fawnpatch

Fawnpatch let him press into her fur and she continued to groom his sopping pelt. “My poor Honeypaw,” she murmurs between licks. “That must have been terrifying. It’s okay now. I saved you.” She fell silent for a while, simply grooming him and letting him recover from the shock of the incident. As time dragged on, she stared unblinking past him, allowing her eyes to dry and tears to form. She thought of her own death and how unfair it had been, until she had conjured enough uneasy emotions to simulate a shuddering breath. “Oh I don’t know what I would have done if I couldn’t reach you. The clan is going to be so furious with me, Honeypaw. They’re going to think I tried to hurt you. Oh please don’t tell them what happened. They hate me there, and I don’t think I could bear it.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Step [C]   Watch Your Step [C] EmptyWed 4 May 2022 - 14:21

Honeypaw was all too happy to stay sitting. He didn’t trust his legs right then. Even sitting down he felt shaky and unstable. He just sat, letting the adrenaline leave his body, too stunned to even help Fawnpatch groom him.

It’s Fawnpatch’s distress that pulls him out of his fearful trance. He looked over at her and his eyes widened as he listened to her words. “Oh- Oh, Fawnpatch, it’s okay!” He licked her shoulder, trying to reassure her. “I won’t tell anyone,” He promised. “No one’s going to hate you. I like you! See, not everyone hates you.” He smiled, just wanting her to feel better. He didn’t want her to get in trouble with anyone over his stupid mistake!
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Step [C]   Watch Your Step [C] EmptyWed 4 May 2022 - 16:56

Fawnpatch

Fawnpatch looked to Honeypaw with sad eyes while she kept her true feelings contained within. Good. If she could truly have him keep a secret of something so terrifying, then she would have a good use for him in the future. She murmurs, “Thank you, Honeypaw. You’re truly too kind.” She licked at his cheek and curled her tail around him. “We can rest a while until your strength returns, and then we can head back. No need to do anymore hunting, alright?” She slid down onto the ground and rested her head on him, letting him dry and relax after the ordeal. Her plan had just begun, and it was already off to a great start.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Step [C]   Watch Your Step [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

Watch Your Step [C]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Territory :: Deep Marshes-
Jump to: