Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Truth to Uncover [c]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Arcana

Arcana

Characters : [F]awnshine, [Fe]nnelbreeze, [T]hrushnose, [H]arrierpaw
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 1478

A Truth to Uncover [c] Empty
PostSubject: A Truth to Uncover [c]   A Truth to Uncover [c] EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 12:49 pm

This was it.

There was no going back now. The occasional flashing memory of spilled blood, claws slashing just before her eyes, and horrid nightmares that haunted her each time she tried to calm it. Hollyleaf trembled, the sensation of the event felt like it was happening in front of her eyes again. She felt helpless, once again. Though she knew it herself, it needed to be discussed, no matter the consequences. Soft paw has done enough harm to their apprentices only, and she wasn’t sure if Beaverpaw was the first. She could only hope no harm had been done before the poor apprentice.

Silver paws dreading the walk out of the warriors’ den, her eyes scanned the camp, a sense of hesitation of wanting to head back just for a heartbeat — but she knew it had to be known. She couldn’t pretend she never knew who it was no longer, and even with her warning to him at the borders— Poppyp— Poppyshine got injured. She couldn’t let anyone else. Not Owlshriek, or Mintpool, or any other cats she dearly cared for. And so, blue eyes met Perchfall’s, and she spoke, only briefly dipping her head beforehand for politeness.

”I’m sorry for the sudden announcement, but I’m certain Softpaw.. has been the one that had killed Beaverpaw.”

Thrushnose │ ThunderClan │ Tier V Warrior │ 70HP / 160SP │ #7b675d
Fennelbreeze │ WindClan │ Tier IV Warrior│ 60HP / 140SP │ #88ab84
Fawnshine │ ThunderClan │ T4 Classic MC │ 25HP / 60SP │ #d1bea8
Harrierpaw (not pictured)│ SkyClan │ Apprentice │ 20HP / 60SP │ #944c3e

Art Requests │ ​Character ProfilesHeart Chart
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6715

PostSubject: Re: A Truth to Uncover [c]   A Truth to Uncover [c] EmptyTue Apr 19, 2022 6:45 pm

It was nearing the end of yet another very long day. Perchfall allowed herself a quiet sigh as she sat down at the base of the Willow Branch, surveying the camp and her Clanmates around her. Who should she send out on the dusk patrol? She had already forgotten one of the afternoon patrols, and so there were less fish in the fresh-kill pile than there should be. Not enough fish for her to justify taking one. Not after she was the reason the patrol had not gone out. She couldn't afford to forget another one. Maybe she should send out two patrols? No, she could just send out an extra one in the morning. Couldn't she? Trying to plan even further ahead made her head swim.  No doubt, Poppyshine would tell her that she needed rest. But what good was rest if it wasn't helping her Clan? If she wasn't actively doing things, her brain would have time to think, and inevitably sink into despair at the state of things. And that would be unproductive. No, she had to keep going.

However, before she could force herself back onto her tired feet, Perchfall was interrupted by a familiar face. "Hollyleaf," she greeted politely, but was cut off before she could continue. The next sentence that was spoken could have turned anyone to stone. The deputy's heart plummeted. What? All the activity around her froze. At the Gathering... when cats were murdered... Beaverpaw had been among them. That much she knew. She had seen, out of the corner of her eye, Hollyleaf rush to the apprentice's bleeding form. But she hadn't paid attention. She had focused on the Dark Forest cat who had been threatening her and her companions. How could she have known? She should have been paying more attention. She should have noticed. Mentally, thoughts and images from that night-- ones she had been trying to subdue in the annals of her mind-- came cascading down. Apparently, the murderous ghosts hadn't been the only ones committing crimes that night. There was no point in arguing whether or not Softfall had; he certainly would have, and Poppyshine would have been his second victim. But why hadn't Hollyleaf said so earlier? Why wait until now? Why would he have killed Beaverpaw? All these questions and more screamed through Perchfall's mind, but she gave voice to only one of them. "What would you like me to do about it?" she asked, weariness breaking through her neutral tone. "I would love to storm back into ThunderClan and demand justice once more. But what proof do we have? RiverClan warriors have, apparently, killed those of ThunderClan in the past. That knowledge was nearly used against me when I tried to claim recompense for Poppyshine. If I walk in once again, unannounced, who is to say Stoatstar won't simply throw me out? Or think I am targeting Softfall? What would happen then?" Frustrated with the circumstances, and with herself, the deputy's eyes looked deeply into Hollyleaf's. "What would you have me do?"

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Maple
Former Staff
Former Staff
Maple

Characters : *Dustcloud {D}, *Blazeflight {B}, *Silentstrike {Sil}, *Gustpuddle {G}, *Swiftflight {Sw}, *Fennelpaw {Fn}, *Jaysong {Ja}, *Fallowlight {Fa}, *Fern {Fe}, *Brackenberry {Br}, *Ivystar {Iv}, *Specklekit {Sp}, *Beanheart {Be}, *Freckleface {Fr}, Briarthorn {Br}, *Eris {E}, *Hyacinthia {Hy}, *Otterdance {Ot}, Nightbird {Ni}, *Olivepaw {Ol}, Smudgekit {Sm}
Clan/Rank : Tier Five SkyClan Warrior {Br}, Tier Two SkyClan Warrior {Ni}, WindClan Kit {Sm}
Leo Monkey
Number of posts : 4836

PostSubject: Re: A Truth to Uncover [c]   A Truth to Uncover [c] EmptyTue Apr 19, 2022 10:59 pm

Though she was, in many ways, disconnected from the reality that RiverClan faced, Vixenstar found herself spending more time within the camp itself rather than lazing about in the den that she on e again claimed as her own, or about the warm sunningrocks out in the territory. Watching these cats go about their lives despite the disruption gave her hope for RiverClan’s future, and the idea that perhaps not all hope was lost made her more than happy to oblige to smaller requests and deviations from her orders. That said, she still kept a watchful eye out on the entire Clan, even the most honored warriors. When Hollyleaf approached Perchfall, she watched on with a careful interest, close enough that she was within earshot and could well enough hear everything each party said.

Vixenstar couldn’t say that she was very shocked by the announcement Hollyleaf made; more than anything, she was shocked by the young deputy’s response. Clicking her teeth together in disapproval, Vixenstar slowly approached the duo. ”Thank you for enlightening us, Hollyleaf. Though I must say, it’s been quite some time since that night. No matter, we know now. Perchfall,” The bloodied molly turned to fave the she-cat, yellow eyes piercing through the awkward, short-lived stretch of silence between them. ”I’d hardly say that’s a proper manner to respond to someone who’s just brought highly valuable information to our attention. Regardless of RiverClan’s past transgressions against ThunderClan, they’ve taken one of our own. Do you believe in the ‘eye for an eye’ philosophy, dear? Your loyal warrior’s word should be proof enough. If you trust her enough to defend the Clan, you should trust her enough to believe her, and fight for those we’ve lost. And do you intend to let Stoatstar walk all over you? He’ll only throw you out if you let him. Don’t let it come to that, you’re better, stronger than that.” Her passion for the subject wasn’t unfounded; these were all policies and thoughts she had in her time as leader. ”Perchfall, I know you are smart enough to realize that simply idling by while ThunderClan flea-bags murder our own is absolutely unacceptable.”

♛  Site Baby Sister  ♛

| Briarthorn | Nightbird | Smudgekit |
| T5 SkC Warrior | T2 SkC Warrior | WC Kit |
Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: A Truth to Uncover [c]   A Truth to Uncover [c] EmptyWed Apr 20, 2022 12:18 pm

Perchfall's response was both somewhat expected... and not. It was discreet— the first sentence, but what the deputy said was true. It was true that she could've spoken up sooner, for Beaverpaw's justice, but something so horribly wrenched in her— a sense of fear to speak up had prevented her from doing so. It wasn't justice to Beaverpaw, either. Perchfall had taken immediate action, yet she... couldn't. Yet another sense of shock stumbled upon her as Vixenstar approached them both. "It's undeniably true how we can't just.. storm in there like we've done in the past. And I certainly am ashamed I couldn't speak up earlier as well, Perchfall. An action could've been taken sooner." Her throat tightened.

"What would you have me do?"

The question repeated itself over and over again in her mind. Justice had to be done for Beaverpaw. And as much as she hated to admit it, Vixenstar... for once, there was a bold point that a Dark Forest cat had pointed out— that she'd agreed with. 'An eye for an eye'  was what apparently led Softpaw— Softfall? He'd become a warrior now..?— believed in. She gritted her teeth. "You're both right. It was something so major that I've only just pointed it out now, and I do believe I should've announced it much, much sooner. It was a mistake waiting until now," She paused, "And that wasn't the first time he'd attacked our kin. Beaverpaw, Poppyshine, and even myself... who else would continue getting left hurt if he's continued and allowed to roam free? Beaverpaw did no harm, neither did Poppyshine intend to, either. But my apprentice's death wasn't an accident. It was intended, with purpose. It's no better than blindly believing our kin wrong and going the extra leap for it."

There was another frustrating pause, another short awkward silence for a while before she spoke again. She too knew her words were ahead of her. "I recognize it's selfish and bold of me to request this of you, Perchfall, but I would like for us to attempt to discuss this with Stoatstar again. There's a need for justice for her, as well as her past mentor... I'm sure you could understand."

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6715

PostSubject: Re: A Truth to Uncover [c]   A Truth to Uncover [c] EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 5:12 am

Hearing Hollyleaf begrudgingly acknowledge her point didn't make Perchfall feel any better in the slightest. She wanted to storm into ThunderClan. She wanted to get justice immediately. However, trying to think about the long term and short term implications held her back from making the snap judgement that her heart longed for. Maybe if they were on better terms with their neighbors, or if she hadn't just been there to talk about Poppyshine, or if the Dark Forest wasn't hovering around the edges of their vision like a black stain...

An involuntary shudder crept up the deputy's spine when Vixenstar appeared, almost melting into their presence like a shadow passing over the sun. After the meeting where she had taken control, the shade hadn't even spoken to Perchfall. And now she interjected herself, passing judgement and condescension without so much as a greeting. Oh, so now you want to lead? Now you want the actual duties that come with being in charge, instead of making me do everything and run myself to the bone while you lord it over us? The deputy surprised herself with the sudden surge of anger that ran through her heart. All her frustration with their desperate circumstances fell upon this deceased shadow overstaying her welcome. And yet... What on earth could she do about it? She'd already failed to stand up for her Clan before.

With the strong emotions warring within her, it took every ounce of Perchfall's control to maintain her neutral mask. She returned the weary face she had dared to show Hollyleaf back to the calm deputy persona, and-- with a deep breath-- turned to face Vixenstar. She had to stand up for herself, for once. But she had to be careful. If she lost what little power she had, RiverClan might be doomed. "I find it discomfiting that you, as leader, would leave all responsibilities to your deputy and then presume to force your ideas on her as well," she responded evenly. "I am unsure of how it used to work when you were alive, but normally, the leader takes on the brunt of relations with other Clans. As you have refused to do so, I have taken on this responsibility, so as to not leave RiverClan lacking in strength. Since you have not engaged with the Clan in this way, you are not aware of the many delicate pieces that are part of this issue, such as the prior events that have taken place between our Clans recently. Therefore, for the wellbeing of my Clan, I will do as I see fit. You are free to take whatever action you want, but if you do not deign to act as a leader of this Clan, then I will not converse with you as one."

Adrenaline spiking through her fur at the daring words she had said, Perchfall quickly returned her gaze to Hollyleaf-- a front on which she felt slightly more comfortable conversing. "I understand, Hollyleaf. Rest assured that I am upset about Beaverpaw's murder as well. Forgive me for being so busy that I had no time to look into it." A slight pang of regret touched her heart. If I had been faster... could I have saved her? Well, there was no time for that now. "I certainly want justice. In the environment currently between our Clans, discussion with Stoatstar will be difficult. However, I agree with you that it must be attempted. However, we will be far more well received if we approach this strategically instead of emotionally. As gratifying as if might feel to storm into ThunderClan camp this very moment, it might lose us our best chance of acquiring justice without additional bloodshed." The thought of Softfall made the deputy's stomach curdle once more, but she pushed past it. If she ever met that tom on the battlefield... she didn't know what would happen. All she could do was what was in front of her, here and now. "Hollyleaf, I promise that I will secure a meeting with Stoatstar. At the Gathering, I will speak to him and arrange a time to talk with him, Softfall, the deputy Minnowfin, and other cats involved-- including you. Is this satisfactory?"

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Maple
Former Staff
Former Staff
Maple

Characters : *Dustcloud {D}, *Blazeflight {B}, *Silentstrike {Sil}, *Gustpuddle {G}, *Swiftflight {Sw}, *Fennelpaw {Fn}, *Jaysong {Ja}, *Fallowlight {Fa}, *Fern {Fe}, *Brackenberry {Br}, *Ivystar {Iv}, *Specklekit {Sp}, *Beanheart {Be}, *Freckleface {Fr}, Briarthorn {Br}, *Eris {E}, *Hyacinthia {Hy}, *Otterdance {Ot}, Nightbird {Ni}, *Olivepaw {Ol}, Smudgekit {Sm}
Clan/Rank : Tier Five SkyClan Warrior {Br}, Tier Two SkyClan Warrior {Ni}, WindClan Kit {Sm}
Leo Monkey
Number of posts : 4836

PostSubject: Re: A Truth to Uncover [c]   A Truth to Uncover [c] EmptyWed Apr 27, 2022 12:55 pm

The tip of Vixenstar’s tail twitched idly as she awaited a response from the two she-cats she found herself in front of, irritation teasing the edges of her consciousness. ”Recognizing where you went wrong is a great first step, Hollyleaf, though I wouldn’t say your actions are excusable. No matter. You are correct that justice for our fallen Clanmate isn’t a matter of debate, but rather one of fact.” Disquieting eyes glickering over to Perchfall, Vixenstar tilted her head at the obvious signs of anger the she-cat displayed. Calm eyes soon turned to a red, fiery hot anger, narrowed to a slit as she stared the living deputy down. ”If that is how you truly feel, Perchfall, then I will formally relieve you of your duties.” She mewed icily, seething. Glaring at the she-cat, she continued, ”As far as I am concerned, you have proven you are not to be trusted in a position of authority. For that reason, in addition to your insubordination, you are no longer deputy of RiverClan. The burden of handling this situation no longer falls to you, so Hollyleaf and I will discuss and take action as I see fit. I advise you to make yourself scarce, before I strip you of your name and status as a warrior as well.” Her words were all but a growl and she sat across from Hollyleaf and Perchfall, tail lashing in anger and frustration.

Vixenstar took a few deep breaths before she turned to face Hollyleaf, attempting to compose herself. ”Hollyleaf, you saw this with your own eyes, yes? That makes you our most important asset in this. Stoatstar would be an idiot not to oblige to our demands for civil conversation, seeing as his pitiful excuse of a warrior is the reason we are in this situation. You will accompany myself and several of my forces to ThunderClan camp immediately to seek justice. Prepare yourself, and we will leave shortly. Do not make this any more diffithan it already is.” Vixenstar allowed no rolm for argument, turning sround and leaving the scene immediately. The Awakened that loomed threateningly on the edges of camp would ensure that both parties did as they were asked.

♛  Site Baby Sister  ♛

| Briarthorn | Nightbird | Smudgekit |
| T5 SkC Warrior | T2 SkC Warrior | WC Kit |
Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: A Truth to Uncover [c]   A Truth to Uncover [c] EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 11:56 pm

Hollyleaf's ears fell, and her fur stood on end. An immense sense of guilt washed over her at what just had been announced. There was a promise, but at what cost? Both Vixenstar's and Perchfall's anger was expressed clearly in their own ways. Though what their presumed leader just did now was... more than just 'unexpected'. It was baffling, staggering, wild. "Vixenstar—" She tried to say, but the she-cat had already turned. And as she scanned the area, countless of the undead stared at her and Perchfall; their gazes threatening to stay clear to Vixenstar's request. Beaverpaw was bound to get justice for her death — but Perchfall... What about her?

Her head lowered, ears flattening — and her tail flicked stiffly, more so than ever before. It almost looked like she was a guilty apprentice instead of a warrior, her voice lowered to a whisper as she took a step closer to the deputy. Or perhaps.. she still couldn't accept the fact that Perchfall's status had just been stripped so easily like that. "What I've caused for you is more unforgivable than anything, Perchfall, and I acknowledge just an apology would surely never be enough. And for that, I'm horribly guilty. I'm not asking for an apology, for it's most wrong of me to do so. But I know there will be a way to solve this, instead of stripping you of your status." She choked, "What little hope there are left that StarClan will return — I'll take it, and pray the best to everything, especially you, Perchfall."

There was a long, dreadful silence as she ended her sentence. She wasn't sure if StarClan would return — but if they did, she'd try her best to start things over again. This, whatever she'd caused, was never intended... And that was the worst of all.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Truth to Uncover [c]   A Truth to Uncover [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Truth to Uncover [c]
Page 1 of 1