Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Batsong the Ba(t)shful [open once whisper posts]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2894

Batsong the Ba(t)shful [open once whisper posts] Empty
PostSubject: Batsong the Ba(t)shful [open once whisper posts]   Batsong the Ba(t)shful [open once whisper posts] EmptyMon Apr 11, 2022 7:10 pm

OOC: Lets go with an open topic on this one :) jsut please let Whisperpaw get one response at least befroe joining in. Anyone is welcome and could be fun to get our characters to know each other more :]

It had been a few days following the the deaths of Mistysky and Swiftsprit. Batsong had spent alot of time alone in the warriors den.  She didnt want to intereact aton with others right now and had recluded herself to the quiet corner of the warrior den that she had.  While others often jockeyed for the "Best spot" in the den which was near front or center she was perfectly content being more so in the corner.  

The recent queen of course also looked after her kit Crowkit and was in the nursery alot too with her new daughter that gave her so much joy, but whenever Crowkit was down for a nap, she would come back here were it was quiet and she could be alone.

The events of that day played over and over in her head and she sighed only now realizing there was not really anything that she could have done to stop either queens death.  She also remembered how she had yelled at Whisperpaw a bit unfairly... how they had scurried away from her scared to even look at her...

Oh whisper... she thought squeezing her eyes shut... I only wanted to keep you safe.  The queen couldnt lose them too... not now.

She wouldnt... she would do whatever it took to keep them safe.  Slowly getting up to her paws she went out into the harsh sunlight blinking alot from being cooped up so much and used to the darkness of the den.  

She slowly walked over to the apprentice den .... she should apologize to whisper for all that...

Poking her head in she glanced around for them... "Wh--.wh... wh...whi" ... her stutter prevented her from even getting the full name out... it had gotten worse since her parents second death of Misty and Swift.  

She closed her eyes sighing... why was she like this? Unable to speak even the most basic of things... it was so frustrating to her... hmm well regaurdless if they were in they would hear her muttering about in either case she figured.

Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4; Rogue T1
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2988

PostSubject: Re: Batsong the Ba(t)shful [open once whisper posts]   Batsong the Ba(t)shful [open once whisper posts] EmptyMon Apr 11, 2022 8:03 pm

Whisperpaw

Whisperpaw had not been isolating, but it felt like it on the inside. They took their naps, rested in their nest, more often than they went out training or patrolling. It was nothing out of the ordinary, but they were even more grateful for their time in their nest. It hurt to think about Mistysky or Swiftheart, and it hurt to think about Batsong too. They knew that Batsong didn’t mean to upset them, and after time to calm down, they understood that she had acted that way due to being upset and afraid for their safety…Still. They’d never seen Batsong like that; had never heard her raise her voice like that. The memory still made their ears ache and their heart weigh heavy.

Their ears perked, hearing someone’s paw steps before they entered. Whisperpaw lifted their head and tensed a bit when they saw that it was Batsong. Her worse stutter broke their heart. They hadn’t spoken to Batsong since the Gathering; they thought it was for the best, but they also knew that Batsong was suffering in her own way. They wished that they could help.

“Hi Batsong,” they meowed quietly. They pushed up from their nest, feeling their bones creak and weariness weighed them down. Trying to ignore it, they moved over to Batsong and rested in front of her. They wanted to press against her, comfort her, ask how she’s doing…but the tightness in their chest prevented that. They had only been trying to help and comfort Batsong at the Gathering when she sent them away. Whisperpaw didn’t want it to happen again.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards  ❊  Codes
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Batsong the Ba(t)shful [open once whisper posts]   Batsong the Ba(t)shful [open once whisper posts] EmptyMon Apr 11, 2022 8:59 pm

Batsong looked down as Whisperpaw sat in front of her.  They didnt press against her or try and comfort her like the usual and she closed her eyes regretting so much for chasing them off when they had tried to do that earlier.

Hesitently she spoke "I... I owe you an appology w--w...wwhisperpaw" she said quietly.  "I... n-n..never meant to yell at you or m--make you feel like I d-didnt want you around."

"T-...this moon has just been hard for m-me is all" she said.  She slowly moved closer to whisperpaw... they had not nuzzled into her like sometimes ... but at the same time that was understandable given the last time they had she had screamed at them in fear and anger...

Great Going Batsong she thought to herself with a sigh.

So instead, she gently pushed against them ... lightly and they could move away if they wanted but she hoped they would not.

"... I w-was j-just so scared when I saw you helping me s-sheild Brackenpaw..." her voice trailed off and she grinned softly at whisperpaw

"I... I think of Bracken a b-b..bit like a younger s-sister now that Swiftspirit is... she glanced at whisperpaw and nuzzled into their shoulder.

"and... I think of you l-like one of my own... w-which is why maybe I got t-too overprotective" she said in a whisper so quiet that it was a very good thing that whisper had good hearing or else it may have been lost totally.

Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Batsong the Ba(t)shful [open once whisper posts]   Batsong the Ba(t)shful [open once whisper posts] EmptyMon Apr 11, 2022 9:22 pm

Whisperpaw

Whisperpaw held themselves as still as a statue, their head lowered just enough so their gaze could rest on the floor rather than Batsong. Shame washed over them as Batsong spoke. Of course it had been hard for their poor friend. They knew that she hadn’t meant to yell. They knew that she loved them.

When she pushed against him with the lightest touch, that gave them enough confirmation. They pressed their full weight against her and pushed their face against her chest. It felt good to get contact with Batsong. They’d wanted to speak with her and seek her comfort since the entire tragedy. It was so clear that she was hurting, too. “I know you didn’t mean it,” they mewed. “It’s okay. I’m sorry I couldn’t do more to help you when you were hurting.” They nuzzled a bit harder against her, wanting to envelop her to make up for the time lost as they’d mourned in their own way. “I’m so sorry for all that you’ve lost, Batsong.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Batsong the Ba(t)shful [open once whisper posts]   Batsong the Ba(t)shful [open once whisper posts] EmptyTue Apr 12, 2022 8:37 pm

Batsong couldn't speak even if she had wanted to, the words were just not co-operating or forming at this point.

... but that was okay, it was fine with her to just hold Whisperpaw here and them back in a hug knowing that they had each other and that it was going to be alright.... They were going to be alright.

She stayed right next to them for along time silent... just enjoying the moment of the bittersweet that seemed to constantly follow the pair around.

Finally she spoke very quietly as she nudged their shoulder, "T-... Tell me about the w-wind v-v..voices" she said softly ... she wanted to relax, to hear a story from them about the wind...

It was also a quiet and hidden secret code between the two that the wind that Whisperpaw always heard represented starclan in a certain standpoint point of view... Batsong knew they couldnt speak directly of Starclan with all the dark forest cats around... this was a perfect code for such things though. the dark forest cats could take alot but not everything.... Still what they did take hurt something wicked

Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Batsong the Ba(t)shful [open once whisper posts]   Batsong the Ba(t)shful [open once whisper posts] EmptyTue Apr 12, 2022 9:35 pm

Whisperpaw

Whisperpaw sat contented against Batsong for a long time. They wanted to lay down and curl up against Batsong’s flank like they had when they were a smaller kit, but they resisted, and instead remained sitting up and huddled against Batsong until she pulled away. They looked back up at her and a small smile touched their lips at her request. With a nod towards the nests, they guided her over so they could settle down while they spoke.

“Admittedly…they were quiet for a while,” they mewed. “After Rosepaw disappeared…I couldn’t hear them for a long time. I didn’t know if it was because of what happened at the Gathering…” As in, that StarClan had disappeared. “…or if it was because I was too devastated to hear them. I tried a lot, but there was always nothing.” Their gaze moved to the colorful stone they kept tucked away and they carefully rolled it out and set it on the ground between the both of them. The precious stone that Rosepaw had given to them when they were a kit, with a promise that it would help them hear the voices better. “Even with this, I couldn’t hear them. I thought I had been making it up all along.”

They raised their gaze and met Batsong’s eyes before giving her a soft smile. “But I’ve started to hear them again, finally. It started a little after I was apprenticed. It’s not often and they’re not loud, but on windy days, I can hear them again. It’s always small things; reassurances, mostly. I’ve heard them say to keep looking forward, and that things will get better. I think it just needs to get worse before it can get better.” They moved their paw over Batsong’s in another affectionate gesture. “And just like the voices remind me to take care of myself, I’m sure they want you and everyone else in RiverClan to as well.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Batsong the Ba(t)shful [open once whisper posts]   Batsong the Ba(t)shful [open once whisper posts] EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 5:33 am

Batsong happily snuggled into one of the nests Whisperpaw had taken the pair two and she curled up next to Whisperpaw as they spoke. She glanced down at the stone from their collection that Rosepaw had given to them and placed her paw gently on it purring softly.

She scooted closer to Whisperpaw listening to their story as she put her head down and closed her eyes. She twitched her tail back and forth allowing the comforting story to slowly take her into a much needed sleep.

Before long their tail stopped twitching as she was no longer actively awake and she snored softly falling into a deep sleep.

Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Batsong the Ba(t)shful [open once whisper posts]   Batsong the Ba(t)shful [open once whisper posts] EmptyFri Apr 15, 2022 10:51 am

Whisperpaw

When they heard Batsong’s soft snores, Whisperpaw looked to her. They smiled softly. They knew Batsong had not been getting much rest, and it was good to see that she was finally sleeping. Without moving too much, they slipped the rock back into their nest and then rested more comfortably against Batsong. Whisperpaw rested their chin on her shoulder and the rhythmic rise and fall of her breaths was soothing. They closed their eyes and felt at peace, for the first time in several days. It wasn’t long before they also fall into a nice, comfortable sleep.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batsong the Ba(t)shful [open once whisper posts]   Batsong the Ba(t)shful [open once whisper posts] Empty

Back to top Go down

Batsong the Ba(t)shful [open once whisper posts]
Page 1 of 1