Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

newleaf blossoms (closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Characters : Alive: Rookfire(Rk), Kitespring(K), Ambersun (Am) StarClan: Buzzardclaw(B), Pebblestorm(P), Rushpaw(R), Waspkit(W), Snakepaw(S), Cardinalpaw(C), Briarpaw(Br), Rowanpaw(Ro), Wrenbreeze(Wr), Heronflight(H), Acornfall(A), Larkfeather(L), Badgerpaw(Ba), Shrikesong(Sh), Foxspark(F), Heronpaw (He), Poppycloud (Po) Unknown: Alderbloom (Al)
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 2372

newleaf blossoms (closed) Empty
PostSubject: newleaf blossoms (closed)   newleaf blossoms (closed) EmptyWed 6 Apr 2022 - 12:41

It was a beautiful day in RiverClan camp. The willow branches in camp seemed to start growing new leaves once more, and the harsh leaf-bare that had stricken the clan seemed like it was passing. The snow that was prevalent in the previous moons had all but melted. Birds were singing once more, flowers were beginning to bloom. On days like these, Kitepaw felt at peace. It was strange, since the Dark Forest took over the entire clan recently. Maybe it was because she saw the Dark Forest when she was a kit? She treated it like they would go away soon, but maybe... they were here to stay. She didn't see a way out just yet. Maybe it will appear in time. Maybe StarClan's not dead, and they're still out there.

Sighing, the russet-furred she-cat wandered around camp. It's probably better if I didn't think about them. Perhaps she could think about... Poppyshine? She was one of the prettiest cats that Kitepaw had ever known. Not only was she cute, but she was exceptionally kind as well. Kitepaw still remembered the time when she fell into the water during the Apprentice Games (which Poppyshine created herself), and when Poppyshine helped her get out. After then, Kitepaw got shivers every time she saw the calico she-cat.

...Including right now. Stars, she was right there!

pfp by the amazing xaandiir!

newleaf blossoms (closed) Image10
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2952

PostSubject: Re: newleaf blossoms (closed)   newleaf blossoms (closed) EmptySun 10 Apr 2022 - 14:18

Poppyshine

Poppyshine had just returned from an early patrol out in the RiverClan territory. Her paws were a bit sore from all of the walking, but it was fun being an official part of a patrol as a warrior. She felt so accomplished! It was wonderful being able to do these things for her clan now. She was a warrior, and so didn’t have to fear that she was not good enough for her clan.

Her gaze found Kitepaw’s eyes and she lit up. The two of them hadn’t spoken much since the apprentice games, and Poppyshine wanted to rectify that. She quickly bounded over until she came to a stop before her. “Kitepaw! How are you?” She sat herself down and smiled brightly. “Isn’t it a beautiful day? Patrol was so nice this morning.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Characters : Alive: Rookfire(Rk), Kitespring(K), Ambersun (Am) StarClan: Buzzardclaw(B), Pebblestorm(P), Rushpaw(R), Waspkit(W), Snakepaw(S), Cardinalpaw(C), Briarpaw(Br), Rowanpaw(Ro), Wrenbreeze(Wr), Heronflight(H), Acornfall(A), Larkfeather(L), Badgerpaw(Ba), Shrikesong(Sh), Foxspark(F), Heronpaw (He), Poppycloud (Po) Unknown: Alderbloom (Al)
Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: newleaf blossoms (closed)   newleaf blossoms (closed) EmptySun 10 Apr 2022 - 14:59

Oh no she's looking right at me- is she smiling? Is she smiling in a friend kind of way or in a more-than-friend kind of way, or maybe both, or maybe neither- "Hey Poppyshine," Kitepaw said, giving Poppyshine an awkward smile. "I'm doing... pretty good today. Just... hanging out in camp for the time being." Talking with Poppyshine was above and beyond the best part of her day so far. Her beautiful fur, her deep green eyes, her pretty smile-

The calico she-cat's question catching her off-guard, Kitepaw stumbled to process the question. "Um... uh... yeah!" she said awkwardly. "It really is beautiful. I'm glad you enjoyed patrolling the territory." Okay, now what? The she-cat wanted to converse more with Poppyshine, but the russet she-cat didn't know what to talk about. "So... um... anything interesting happen on the patrol?" Why did she say that? Was that a good question to ask her? Did they know each other well enough to ask her that? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: newleaf blossoms (closed)   newleaf blossoms (closed) EmptyMon 11 Apr 2022 - 10:10

Poppypaw

As panicked as Kitepaw was in her own mind, Poppyshine didn’t pick up any of the apprentice’s panic, and instead continued to smile happily at Kitepaw. She tilted her head, thinking. “Nothing terribly interesting, honestly…Oh! There was this beautiful red bird that we saw across the border in ThunderClan’s territory. I wanted to get close to see it so badly. I didn’t, of course, but it really was pretty. Maybe I’ll spot it again in the forest some time.” Assuming that no cat kills it to eat, of course.

She focused on Kitepaw again and asked, “If you’re not doing anything, would you like to go for a walk? I can’t go too far—sore paws—but today is just so nice that I don’t want to waste it by taking a nap in the den.” She gave Kitepaw a pleasant, inviting smile as she leaned her head towards the exit out of camp in invitation.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: newleaf blossoms (closed)   newleaf blossoms (closed) EmptyTue 12 Apr 2022 - 13:57

Kitepaw's racing heart eventually calmed down once Poppyshine started answering her question. So... I guess that it was alright, she thought. "That's cool!" she said, responding to Poppyshine's question. "Maybe. Or maybe you'll see another bird like it. It can't be the only one of its kind in the forest, right?" As Poppyshine asked if she wanted to go on a walk, the russet she-cat felt her pelt getting hot again. "Uh... yeah! I'd love to! Do you just want to walk around the territory, or do you have a specific area in mind?" There's no way that I have a chance with her, right? We don't really talk much, and she probably has other cats she likes. She didn't want to ask her about that, either, since she didn't want to ruin whatever she had with her. It gnawed on her, and she had no idea what she wanted to do.

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: newleaf blossoms (closed)   newleaf blossoms (closed) EmptyTue 12 Apr 2022 - 14:59

Poppyshine

They began walking side by side and Poppyshine considered. “How about the Sunningrocks? If we hurry, we can catch the sun before it sets. Lounging on the rocks is so nice! I went hunting there with Owlshriek when we were apprentices, and it was so nice. If bet you would love it!”

Poppyshine didn’t seem to notice Kitepaw’s nerves or tension. She happily walked beside her, letting their pelts brush up against one another as they passed over foliage and rocks. Poppyshine was so happy to spend time with Kitepaw and get to know her more since the apprentice games. Because Kitepaw also seemed shy, Poppyshine supplied the next subject of conversation by meowing, “How’s training been? You must be getting close to your warrior ceremony soon!”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: newleaf blossoms (closed)   newleaf blossoms (closed) EmptyWed 13 Apr 2022 - 21:51

Kitepaw smiled softly. "Yeah, that sounds good," she said, following Poppyshine. Owlshriek... she didn't know much about the tom, except that he also attended the apprentice games. When the calico she-cat brushed pelts with Kitepaw, the russet she-cat blushed, before trailing further away. As Poppyshine eventually asked her about her apprenticehood, the she-cat perked up. "Oh! Yeah, it's going well! Otterdance is a great mentor. I learned a lot from him." The she-cat noticed the river in the distance. They were getting close. "I think that Perchfall will make me a warrior as soon as she sees that I'm ready to be one. I don't know when, and I'm a little anxious about it, but it will happen eventually, so all I can do is wait." Stars, did she overshare? Did she have to tell Poppyshine about her insecurities? Would Poppyshine think of her differently because of it?

As the two cats reached the river, Kitepaw noticed Sunningrocks just on the other side of the river. "There it is!" she said, grinning at Poppyshine. They seemed to just make it in time, with the two cats staring at the river. "Sundown already looks so beautiful from here. If your paws are bothering you, I don't mind if we sit down here." She wanted to be considerate to Poppyshine, since the calico she-cat already walked a while before taking another walk with her. Still, she might also want to keep on going, since they were so close to the rocks. Is this okay? Am I doing this right? Why can't I spend a few heartbeats with Poppyshine without thinking that I'm messing up every step of the way?

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: newleaf blossoms (closed)   newleaf blossoms (closed) EmptyFri 15 Apr 2022 - 13:08

Poppyshine

Poppyshine nodded as Kitepaw spoke. “Well whenever Perchfall decides you’re ready, I know that you’re going to be an amazing warrior. RiverClan is lucky to have you.” She looked up when Kitepaw announced their arrival. The Sunningrocks were shining in the setting sun’s light, and she knew that they would be toasty after all of the time the sun had to warm them. The river stood between the both of them, but she saw stepping stones a moment later. She smiled and mewed, “Let’s cross the river. My paws will be happier if they can feel the sunlight before we head back.” She gave Kitepaw and affectionate flick of the tail and kept moving forward. She opted to take the stepping stones rather than swim through the river, and when she got to the other side, Poppyshine looked back to make sure that Kitepaw made it across safely before they proceeded to the rocks.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: newleaf blossoms (closed)   newleaf blossoms (closed) EmptySat 16 Apr 2022 - 23:06

Kitepaw couldn't help but smile when Poppyshine told her she'd be a good warrior. The russet she-cat always felt that she wasn't ready for the role of warriorhood, but Poppyshine's encouragement helped make her feel more comfortable with the positive parts of her training. As Poppyshine suggested to reach Sunningrocks, Kitepaw agreed. Though Poppyshine made sure to avoid the water, Kitepaw thought that she needed to practice her swimming, paddling her way to the rocks.

When she got to Sunningrocks, she shook out her pelt, then lay on the smooth stones. They were so warm, so comforting. The nerves that Kitepaw had felt while walking here seemed to disappear as soon as she touched them. Gazing at the sunset with Poppyshine, Kitepaw turned towards her. "Hey, Poppyshine?" she said. "I'd like to tell you something." Wait, WHAT? Kitepaw, are you gonna confess to her already? What if she says no? Why do you want to ruin this good moment by making it awkward and uncomfortable for both cats? Please, don't say a thing! The nerves started coming back, and Kitepaw knew that she had to say something.

She couldn't tell Poppyshine the whole truth, but she could tell her the truth. "I... um, really enjoy spending time with you. A lot." At least she didn't leave Poppyshine hanging, and she told the truth in the end. Still, she wanted to be honest with the she-cat, but at the same time she felt scared of doing it. Poppyshine most likely had someone else she had her eye on, and Kitepaw didn't want to intervene with her love life. It would make the time they spent together awkward. And honestly, now that she felt that Poppyshine was someone she liked to hang out with, she was scared to try to take that next step, to see if Poppyshine felt the same way as her. And it ate at her.

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: newleaf blossoms (closed)   newleaf blossoms (closed) EmptySun 17 Apr 2022 - 0:55

Poppyshine

With Kitepaw securely across the river, Poppyshine continued the short path to the stones. She hopped up onto one and stretched out happily. The stones were warm and eased her sore joints from all of the walking that day. She pressed her paws into the stones and purred at how wonderful the warmth felt.

She looked to Kitepaw and listened patiently to her slow, nervous words. When she finished, Poppyshine smiled as bright as the setting sun. “I enjoy spending time with you, too,” she said. “When you become a warrior, we’ll have to take some patrols together! I never have time to spend with you or Rushpaw anymore with my warrior duties. It’ll be great to have a chance after you get your warrior name.” She settled her chin down on the stones and watched Kitepaw with warm eyes. “I’m lucky to have you in the clan, Kitepaw.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP