Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

I'll Try My Best [c]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 1861

I'll Try My Best [c] Empty
PostSubject: I'll Try My Best [c]   I'll Try My Best [c] EmptyApril 3rd 2022, 9:00 pm

Only a day after she became a warrior, two days after the Dark Forest invaded, was Coyotegrin tasked with training Whisperpaw. It was a task she was happy to have, as she was fond of the young cat. It was her goal to give the apprentice a sense of family. She grew up with it herself, and she knew it was more important now than ever. However, it has been a little... tricky. The warrior had immense compassion for Whisperpaw, but they had a lot of fatigue. It was not something she was used to. The newfound prey was only just giving her more energy to run the territory, hunt, and patrol than she ever had before. It was a challenge, but she never backed down from one. Whisperpaw would end up a well-balanced warrior, so help her StarClan.

But now, they head out to the budding flower fields to hunt for anything. A quail would be quite nice right about now. As they topped a crest, Coyotegrin looked to her apprentice. "Are you feeling okay?" It was better to ask now before she launched into any tips or tricks for their hunting training.
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2961

PostSubject: Re: I'll Try My Best [c]   I'll Try My Best [c] EmptyApril 4th 2022, 12:34 am

Whisperpaw

Whisperpaw closed their eyes as they reached the crest of the hill. They took a deep breath and exhaled, feeling content. The air was clear and cool, but not cold. With leafbare gone, Whisperpaw did feel a bit better; a bit more awake. It was like as the forest breathed with life, they got a little more too. It didn’t mean their fatigue was gone, but it did help them feel a bit better.

They looked to Coyotegrin and gave her a gentle smile. “I am,” they confirm. “I’m excited to learn from you.” They would do their best to keep up as well. It was easy to give into his fatigue in the camp, but hopefully the hunting and getting moving would help them keep up their energy.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: I'll Try My Best [c]   I'll Try My Best [c] EmptyApril 6th 2022, 3:09 pm

Coyotegrin nodded firmly. She was proud they tried their best no matter what, even if they did get tired easier than her. She sunk low into the flowers and motioned for Whisperpaw to do the same. She gazed over the land and thought carefully to herself. "If you don't have speed, you'll need stealth. It'll reserve as much energy as possible. That means you have to be even lighter on your feet than anyone else, or, at least the prey." She instructed in a quiet whisper, barely audible above the breeze. Now, open your maw and let the breeze roll over your tongue. What do you smell?" Coyotegrin opened her own maw and let the scents of the flowers roll over her tongue, the cold air finally not freezing it. Luckily for her, she did smell quail.

.: Coyotegrin :: Kestrelchirp :: Quailprowler : Singedfox :.
#9966ff : #cc3300 : #6699ff : #993366 : Bold
WC T5 Warrior : WC T3 Warrior : TC T2 Warrior : SC T1 Warrior (Perma-NPC)
"When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire."

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: I'll Try My Best [c]   I'll Try My Best [c] EmptyApril 6th 2022, 8:57 pm

Whisperpaw

Whisperpaw followed Coyotegrin’s motions and sunk down against ground. They shuffled quietly alongside Coyotegrin and listened carefully to her soft words. They closed their eyes and opened their mouth to try and taste the scents in the air. The flowers were the first scent, and almost overwhelmingly so. They held their mouth open a bit longer and then they smelled something else. Prey. What prey, they couldn’t quite identify. They tried to take a sniff too, getting more scents, but they still weren’t sure until their large ears picked up a soft coo.

“Quail,” they whispered.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: I'll Try My Best [c]   I'll Try My Best [c] EmptyApril 16th 2022, 2:54 pm

Coyotegrin nodded to Whisperpaw. "Good job. There's two of them, look." Sure enough, the second one came into closer view, cooing and happily pecking at the newly thawed ground. "Now, I'm going to circle around behind them. Look for my tail signal- when you see a twitch of my tail above the grass, start moving in on them." The warrior looked over to her apprentice and waited for an acknowledgement before moving on with her plan. Quietly, she weaved her way around the outskirts of the birds and got into position. Raising her butt up in the air so her tail could reach above the grass, she flicked her tail and started slowly moving forward.

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: I'll Try My Best [c]   I'll Try My Best [c] EmptyApril 17th 2022, 4:04 am

Whisperpaw

Whisperpaw nodded almost imperceptibly as they listened to Coyotegrin’s instructions. They remained where they were, carefully watching the tiny movements through the thick grass. More movement caught their eye and they saw Coyotegrin’s tail flick above the grass. Whisperpaw inched forward, sliding their paws along the ground as they moved closer to the birds, awaiting for Coyotegrin’s pounce on one so they could pounce on the other.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: I'll Try My Best [c]   I'll Try My Best [c] EmptyApril 22nd 2022, 3:16 pm

Hoping that Whisperpaw caught her signal, Coyotegrin hesitated to wait until Whisperpaw made their move. However, they didn't, and it was important to catch these birds anyway. With a sudden burst of quiet speed, the warrior closed the gaps between the two quail. It was almost too easy; the harsh leaf bare had forced her to learn how to hunt harder and the fat and happy quail didn't even notice her. She sunk her claws and teeth into one of the quail s feathers and coos clouded her vision and her hearing temporarily. Would Whisperpaw be successful too?

Coyotegrin hunted quail, costing 3sp. She was successful.

Last edited by Stags on April 22nd 2022, 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15067

PostSubject: Re: I'll Try My Best [c]   I'll Try My Best [c] EmptyApril 22nd 2022, 3:16 pm

The member 'Stags' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 1

I'll Try My Best [c] Mistpe10
I'll Try My Best [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: I'll Try My Best [c]   I'll Try My Best [c] EmptyApril 23rd 2022, 1:43 pm

Whisperpaw

When Coyotegrin leapt onto the first quail, Whisperaw scrambled to catch the other. They pounced forward, putting all their strength in their hind legs to reach out with their claws. Unfortunately, be it that they reacted too late, their leap was not strong enough, or they simply faltered due to the sudden exertion, Whisperpaw’s claws missed the quail by a large margin. They landed back on the ground, panting for a moment as they caught their breath and watched their missed prey fly away.

They looked back to Coyotegrin and lowered their head in apology. “I’m sorry for missing it. I didn’t react fast enough.”

Whisperpaw attempted to catch a quail but was unsuccessful, costing 3SP.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Last edited by xaandiir on April 23rd 2022, 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15067

PostSubject: Re: I'll Try My Best [c]   I'll Try My Best [c] EmptyApril 23rd 2022, 1:43 pm

The member 'xaandiir' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 8

I'll Try My Best [c] Mistpe10
I'll Try My Best [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'll Try My Best [c]   I'll Try My Best [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

I'll Try My Best [c]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: WindClan Territory :: The Flower Field-
Jump to: