Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

truth in the rumours [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
khamosa

khamosa

Characters : [B]rindlepaw | [V]ioletsky | [F]oxflower
Clan/Rank : [B] Thunderclan Apprentice | [V] Skyclan T2 Warrior | [F] Windclan Permaqueen
Pisces Rat
Number of posts : 1557

truth in the rumours [c] Empty
PostSubject: truth in the rumours [c]   truth in the rumours [c] EmptyWed 23 Mar 2022 - 6:06

Magpiesight was exhausted by her siblings, and couldn't even imagine how her mother felt. They were getting older and more curious by the day, and now some were already named apprentices. The warrior couldn't believe how quickly time was passing. However, she hadn't been able to shake the question on her mind. Who their father was. She knew it was almost undoubtably the Riverclanner from the gathering - she'd hears the rumours, after all. It was unusual that she wasn't the one starting them, so of course she'd heard them.

But part of her wanted to hear it from Swiftspirit herself. And most of all, she didn't want secrets - their family (or what was left of it) had been through enough already.

"Hi Ma," Magpiesight mewed, slightly more subdued than what once was considered normal. It wasn't only that Timbersun and Buzzardpaw were gone, but also the unwelcome presence in camp was getting more pressing by the day. Normally the warrior was fine with small talk, but today she cut to the chase, trying her best to keep her tone light, "The kits... they're not Da's, are they."

Magpiesight could be self-absorbed at times, but she wasn't completely oblivious.

character profiles | plotting pages

↣ ↢
Brindlepaw | Thunderclan Apprentice | [20/60]
Violetsky | Skyclan T2 Warrior | [40/100]
Foxflower | Windclan Permaqueen| [50/80]
↣ ↢

deceased/missing: Brighteye, Dappleleaf, Yew, Mistlebright,
Magpiesight, Wisteriabloom, Primroselight, Muddythorn,
Silversnake, Finchpaw, Aoife
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5663

PostSubject: Re: truth in the rumours [c]   truth in the rumours [c] EmptyWed 23 Mar 2022 - 9:25

"Magpiesight," Swiftspirit purred as her daughter approached, though she didn't fail to note she seemed more subdued than usual. Not that She could guess at why, at least, she hoped that it was only the harsh weather and the very much unwelcome guests in camp that were the cause. Swiftspirit had become hyperaware of their presence, and was equally aware of where her kits were when they were in camp. With how boisterous they all were, it was downright exhausting... But Swiftspirit wouldn't let her guard down. She couldn't. Even with all but one having been made apprentices. If anything, that only increased her worry. And that worry wasn't just for the kits. "Are you alright, Mags? They aren't bothering you, are they?" 'They' being the dark forest cats hovering around the edges of camp. Not that Swiftspirit would be able to really do much of course, but her claws itched every time one of them drew near.

...Ah, Swiftspirit supposed she should've expected the question. She and Bearspirit hadn't... exactly been great at hiding things, that much was true. And she wouldn't hide this from her family, either. Whatever Magpiesight's reaction may be, she deserved the truth too. "No, they're not. I'd hoped to break things off with him before the dogs happened. It wasn't fair to either of us to continue things even before then." She sighed, gaze lifting to meet Magpiesight's. Timbersun hadn't deserved a fate like that. But her heart had never been his, truthfully. "Their father is Bearspirit, of Riverclan. He was the one I was fighting that dark forest cat with." And he was the one who had died, with a quick strike that no living cat could've ever hoped to dodge. Brackenpaw and Sagepaw looked so much like him it hurt. Her gaze remained on Magpiesight, though she caught Brackenpaw's marbled tabby pelt across camp, just ducking into the camp entrance after Smallbean. Magpiesight knew the truth now... Swiftspirit just hoped that she wouldn't be angry at the kits. It wasn't their fault.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
khamosa

khamosa

Clan/Rank : [B] Thunderclan Apprentice | [V] Skyclan T2 Warrior | [F] Windclan Permaqueen
Pisces Rat

PostSubject: Re: truth in the rumours [c]   truth in the rumours [c] EmptyMon 28 Mar 2022 - 0:19

Magpiesight flinched slightly at the mention of the dogs. The loss still felt so recent, and, although so much had happened since, it really was. She had noticed how her parents were drifting apart, but instead chose to turn a blind eye to it, deciding to ignore it. If it had been anyone else in the clan, she would've watched carefully, for entertainment if not any other reason. But when it was her family, it didn't quite have the same affect.

Bearspirit. So at least she now had a name to put with the face. Spirit. It was almost like it was meant to be, Magpiesight thought, allowing some bitterness to come with it. "The one that...?" She didn't need to say any more. It was just cruel to bring up the pain again when it was already so clear on Swiftspirit's face. "They look a lot like him." She stated, somewhat offhandedly.

The warrior had decided on no more secrets between kin, and so it was her turn. "I think there was definitely a time when I would've hated the kits, would've blamed them. I would've hated you for destroying my family." She started, her voice quieter than usual, her usual air of confidence and demands shattered, "But now... there's no family left destroy. It's lonely just the two of us. And I've seen how much happier the kits make you, even if they are a lot of work. I expected to be annoyed by everything they did, but I can't bring myself to do that. They're my family."

↣ ↢
↣ ↢

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5663

PostSubject: Re: truth in the rumours [c]   truth in the rumours [c] EmptyTue 29 Mar 2022 - 13:46

Swiftspirit simply nodded in confirmation at her daughter's words. She'd been at the gathering, she'd seen just how quickly the dark forest shades could move. The bloodshed alone would've been enough to be sickening, much less the smell of death and rot that had clung to the creatures. Bearspirit had been cut down like it was kit's play for them, as had so many others. There was no denying that the kits looked like him, she could only pray that none of them met a similar fate.

Magpiesight continued, and Swiftspirit listened, nicked ear flicking. She'd expected Magpiesight to be angry at the news, and hearing how she might've reacted, Swiftspirit knew that her actions had caused her hurt regardless. "I'm sorry." She mewed softly, "I wouldn't have blamed you for being angry with me, you of all cats have the right to be. The kits however, they're innocent." It was something that would've earned any other cat claws, were the circumstances different. Swiftspirit couldn't bring herself to be furious with the revelation and blunt words. "They can't control who they're born to, just like Timbersun or I couldn't." Her eyes narrowed slightly upon catching Tawnyflare's wretched pelt across camp, old resentment for her mentor flaring briefly. She'd abandoned her clan and her kits, had fought no shame in fighting her own clanmates, even. Perhaps Timbersun was better off not meeting her in this horrid form Tawnyflare had taken on. She'd done enough harm to him and Hentooth while alive. With a shake of her head, Swiftspirit sighed, glancing toward Magpiesight when she'd finished speaking. "Stars know the kits are a pawful, more than you or Buzzardpaw ever were as kits." A hint of a smile flickered across her expression. There being more of them played a part, but Shimmerpaw and Sagepaw had been quite the rambunctious sort, too. Brackenpaw and Owlpaw had always been right beside them, too, though Brackenpaw was by far the quietest of the litter. "Just because they're here doesn't mean you're any less family, Mags. Always remember that." She added, stretching forward to gently nudge her daughter's shoulder.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
khamosa

khamosa

Pisces Rat

PostSubject: Re: truth in the rumours [c]   truth in the rumours [c] EmptyFri 1 Apr 2022 - 19:37

Magpiesight nodded quietly. She'd heard scraps of stories about Tawnyflare, her grandmother, and part of her couldn't believe that she was actually real. And also one of them. The warrior leant into her mother's pelt, as if she were a kit again. "Thanks Ma, I really needed that," She said quietly, before falling silent for a bit. As accepting as she was of her new siblings, watching them play together always reminded her of Buzzardpaw and Timbersun, only reopening the wound. "I miss them." She added, "But I'm glad they weren't at that Gathering."

↣ ↢
↣ ↢

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content