Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Evening Chill [C]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2952

Evening Chill [C] Empty
PostSubject: Evening Chill [C]   Evening Chill [C] EmptyMon 21 Mar 2022 - 17:22

ShadowClan Camp - Evening

Fawnpatch stretched as she raised from some time lounging in the sun. It had been nice, being back in ShadowClan, but unfortunately, relaxing was simply not for her. She knew that she had to go out and do some scouting around the other clans at one point. She wanted to feel as she did when she was alive, prowling the forest and searching for poor wandering cats to speak to. For now, though, she was waiting to see if Morningstar had any instructions for her fellow Dark Forest cats. It was rather annoying, answering to a member of authority, but she also wanted the clans to pay for what had happened to her; so in that way, she didn’t mind letting Morningstar have a taste of the power he craved.

She walked through the clan, smiling at how queens shielded their kits or warriors distinctly turned away from her. It was so amusing, how they viewed her in such a disgusting way. Some Dark Forest cats surely saw this as a slight, and would respond in anger or sadness. Fawnpatch didn’t mind. Their looks meant that they understood the power difference between them, and she would accept that acknowledgment of her superiority.

Her eyes scanned for someone to speak to. As amusing as it all was, it was also quite boring to not be able to speak to any other cats. Her gaze eventually landed on a black-and-white she-cat. There was something about the way she held herself that almost reminded Fawnpatch of herself…how interesting. Fawnpatch normally didn’t make an effort to speak to anyone that wasn’t a child, but she couldn’t help the slight interest that piqued.

She approached and remained standing before the warrior.  “Marshmallow, is it?” she said. She’d heard the names of many of the ShadowClan cats during her silent observations. “Are you up to anything today?”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Memories

Memories

Characters : [Fi]nchkit
Clan/Rank : [Fi] ThunderClan Kit
Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 1128

Evening Chill [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evening Chill [C]   Evening Chill [C] EmptySat 26 Mar 2022 - 6:58

Marshmallow had drifted off slightly, her pupils twitching every once and awhile, lost in thought, daydreaming... or nightdreaming... almost. The sun was going down, she was up... Early. Her attention drifted to her claws. Same thing. Everyday. It's not fun. Is this really what's expected of me? Honestly, she'd rather watch Loudnose get hit by a monster again, but he was dead, so that wasn't happening.

She had managed to push Not-Marshmallow away for now, she hadn't heard some... Different version of her voice telling her things she hated ever since The Dark Forest took over. She really didn't mind, they didn't get in her way... Of the same things... Every. Single. Day.

She was extremely bored, you could say, but that'd be a huge understatement.

Her attention snapped up as her name was called. She narrowed her eyes, studying the cat as she talked. A Dark Forest cat. "Mhm, that's me." She mewed, simply. Her own fake voice had started to annoy her, she wasn't using it for anything. Something tells me I need to use it. She reminded herself. She was just annoyed because she was bored and tired. "And you're just one of those 'ever terrifying' spooky spirits ravaging the clans." She muttered, her real voice slightly poking through on some words. "Just going to do what I did yesterday, and the day before, warrior duties. Murkystar doesn't trust me." I'm going to make her trust me. She almost added, but kept her thought inside. "Do you need something?" Marshmallow wasn't trying to be rude to the.. Cat (if you could call her a cat)... But her tiredness definitely showed through some sentences.

xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

Evening Chill [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evening Chill [C]   Evening Chill [C] EmptySat 26 Mar 2022 - 9:22

Fawnpatch

Fawnpatch tilted her head, looking surprised. “Murkystar doesn’t trust one of her own warriors?” she asked, her voice lilted with innocence. “I’m surprised. I thought you Clans were tightknit.” She looked Marshmallow over for a moment before she turned and tilted her head towards the exit of camp. “If you are going to do a patrol, I think I’ll join you. Lingering around camp can be so dreadfully boring, and having company would do nicely.”

She wouldn’t take no for an answer, so she waited to see if Marshmallow was going to get to her feet and join her. She didn’t have any ill intentions exactly; more so in ways of reconnaissance and getting to know how her clan had fared since her death. From the sound of things, this cat wasn’t treated the best, if the leader herself didn’t trust this she-cat. That could certainly make things interesting.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Memories

Memories

Cancer Pig

Evening Chill [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evening Chill [C]   Evening Chill [C] EmptySat 26 Mar 2022 - 18:14

Marshmallow stared at the Dark Forest cat as she responded. "A patrol?" She muttered. With you? "Well... I guess, it is awfully boring here." Seeing that Fawnpatch (a name she'd heard muttered in both annoyance and fear from many warriors) had gotten up already, she decided to get up onto her paws. "Well, I suppose it isn't really the fact she doesn't trust me, I don't.. Know for sure. But she definitely blames me for things that aren't my fault." She blinked looking at her black paws. "Other cats' stupidity." Loudnose... "Following orders and still being told off." She narrowed her eyes, barely being able to keep her voice at her fake tone.

"And to think she was all nice to me during my moonstone journey."

xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

Evening Chill [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evening Chill [C]   Evening Chill [C] EmptySat 26 Mar 2022 - 22:15

Fawnpatch

Fawnpatch was pleasantly surprised when Marshmallow agreed to join her on a patrol without any further arguments or need for threats. Perhaps not all cats were quite as disgusted by Dark Forest cats like her as she’d believed. She listened to the she-cats explanation as they left camp and traveled out into the darkness of ShadowClan territory.

“Leaders are like that,” she meowed with a sigh. “They care for obedience of course, but they also care for the appearance of loyalty above all.” She spoke with clear bitterness in her voice; unlike Marshmallow, she had no reason to hide her true voice or feelings. “It doesn’t matter if you have the clan’s best interests in mind. If you appear to be out of line, then they take it as a bigger slight than actually breaking the warrior’s code. It’s disgusting.”

She weaved her way over fallen branches and expertly avoided the pots of watery patches of the marshes. As she passed over them, water dripped from her pelt despite having not touched water since before she was raised.

Continuing, she mewed, “That Murkystar seems especially awful. She claims that she has the clan’s best interests in heart and allowed us into the clan, but she still treats us as secondary. Tensions are still high. I wouldn’t be surprised if a cat snaps and attacks one of us and fighting breaks out. Then where was the avoidance of bloodshed she preached at the Gathering?” She scoffed and shook her head. “I’ve yet to meet a leader who actually knew what they were doing.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Memories

Memories

Cancer Pig

Evening Chill [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evening Chill [C]   Evening Chill [C] EmptyWed 30 Mar 2022 - 3:57

Marshmallow listened to the she-cat ramble on about leaders. Her curiosity took the better of her as she started speaking again. "It seems like you have experience with... Those types of leaders." She commented. "Was your clan led by one when you were... Alive?... And if you don't mind me asking, what did you do to get yourself in the dark forest?" She wasn't really wishing for an exile, just yet, so she wouldn't be insulting Murkystar... Yet. I wish I could. If only leaders could take criticism... Now if I were a leader. She stepped in a bit of deeper marsh when she starting thinking, she looked at her paw, now covered in mud. It reminded her of her dream. Her fur stood up, but she quickly flattened it.

"I bet you'd know how to lead, wouldn't you? You could beat any leader, take their place? It's not like they could come back, with Starclan gone." She hinted, pausing as she licked the mud off of her paw. "As... Long as you don't hurt the deputy." He's like a father to me, to most cats. Despite his emotionless aura, she noticed that he'd gotten a bit softer over the moons. "One of the few cats that like me." She mewed. "I don't think that he disagrees with Murkystar, though, he couldn't." Could he?... I wish... She hopped around the deeper parts, glancing up at Fawnpatch for a second, she noticed something.. Odd. "Starclan, you look like you fell into a river!" She mewed noticing the dripping water from the she-cat's pelt. "Oh, uh, apologies for the use of 'Starclan' if that offends you, or anything, there's really no other word."

xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

Evening Chill [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evening Chill [C]   Evening Chill [C] EmptyThu 31 Mar 2022 - 22:17

Fawnpatch

Fawnpatch paused when Marshmallow stopped to clean off some mud. She watched her with a steady gaze as she spoke, and she nodded. “My leader when I lived was a petulant tom with no backbone who still demanded respect from everyone under his leadership.” She scoffed. “He knew nothing that was good for the clan, and yet everyone treated him like a member of StarClan itself. It was pathetic.”

Shaking her head again, she explained, “When I was alive, I brought kits into the clan. I had a knack for it. And it was good for ShadowClan, to have those numbers. Everyone was always so happy when I brought in some poor kits and raised them as my own. I had so many children. I was beloved.” Her expression soured and she continued walking alongside Marshmallow. “When one of my children learned that he was not of my own blood, that I had brought him into our beloved clan, he lashed out at me. Killed me. StarClan surely would have sided with the one who was killed, not with the one who broke the warrior code by killing his own mother, surely? But no. StarClan turned on me and cast me into the Dark Forest, where I remained until Morningstar saved me and the rest.” There was more to the story, of course, but Fawnpatch didn’t think any of those details were necessary. Not with a cat who could so easily still see her as a monster.

At the mention of being leader, a cruel smile graced Fawnpatch’s lips. To be leader. It was all she wanted when she was alive, but never had a chance to without breaking the moral code that would have her cast out. But now, there was no code to stand by. Nothing stopping her. Besides her own frailty; she was one cat. Maybe she could take down the leader. But she would never get her alone. There was a whole clan at Murkystar’s side, and even with Dark Forest cats on Fawnpatch’s side, those living were frustratingly resilient. She mewed, “I’m sure I could take down a leader, so long as I had reliable cats at my side.” She left the hint implied. Marshmallow would only respond to it if she was someone that Fawnpatch could rely on. “I haven’t had much interaction with that deputy. I’m sure he’s fine. If he knew his place, then there would be no reason for harm to come to him.”

Her words were stopped by Marshmallow’s sudden outcry. She paused and looked over at the she-cat and tilted her head a bit. “Words are words, although I suppose ‘Dark Forest’ could work similarly in StarClan’s place,” she mewed. “But yes. I’m cursed with this appearance, too. My son drowned me in the river. He hadn’t even the decency to bite my throat and be done with it. He held me down while I struggled, until my strength gave out and then I was gone. Do you know how painful that can be, especially by someone you trust so dear?” She shook her head like a disappointed mother and looked forward again. “Us Dark Forest cats know cruelty worse than any other.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Memories

Memories

Cancer Pig

Evening Chill [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evening Chill [C]   Evening Chill [C] EmptyWed 6 Apr 2022 - 4:40

Marshmallow listened to Fawnpatch ramble a little. It really just sounded like a sob-story, she didn't really feel bad for her, she obviously did something bad. Something she wasn't going to say. "Your son drowned you for rescuing him? Sounds like you're missing some important detail in that story of yours." Her muzzle twitched as she followed the dark forest cat. "I think Starclan wouldn't send someone to the depths of a gloomy forest for simply adopting kits. Well, the cat i met at my moonstone journey seemed... Nice enough." Not a mindreader, for sure. "I don't really care what you did, just as long as you don't hurt me or anyone I care about." She thought for a moment, realising she didn't exactly care about many cats, maybe one.

"You sure seemed to like the thought of being leader..." She mewed. "You smiled at the thought, not a 'oh yes, probably' more like a 'hmm I'd like that...'" Marshmallow chuckled as she jumped over the deeper parts. "Or... Maybe I'm just reading your face wrong." She stopped to breathe a long exhale. "Imagine how much power you could have over a clan as a leader that can't die?" She mewed after a moment. "You're already dead, you can kill and hurt the living, so really, what's stopping you? Do you really think Starclan can just pop out of nowhere?" She heard her voice change, but using the higher pitched one was pretty exhausting anyway. "We're outnumbered, really, Shadowclan is."

She stopped walking completely. "I guess what I'm saying is... I'll be at your side. Just as long as nobody knows I'm helping you." She blinked with a slightly-off smile before a chuckle and her voice went back to 'normal'. "Anyway, let's get to that patrol. Are we scouting out the territory or hunting?"

xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

Evening Chill [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evening Chill [C]   Evening Chill [C] EmptyFri 8 Apr 2022 - 22:23

Fawnpatch

Fawnpatch kept her face turned away from Marshmallow as she spoke, for if she looked at the she-cat, then Marshmallow would have seen the expression of disgust on her face. There was no tact in this one. She was beginning to understand why Murkystar, as daft as she was, didn’t like Marhsmallow. The way that Marshmallow’s voice changed indicated that she was putting on that grating kit voice to appear more innocent and helpless; but beyond the voice, she could do nothing to play the part. That she dared to question Fawnpatch’s story, and so blatantly at that, when Fawnpatch could easily slash her throat right now…how stupid. How absolutely clueless.

She finally looked at Marshmallow, stopping as well. Her expression was flat, unamused, though not necessarily one of anger that she had kept hidden seconds ago. She mewed, “And just what use are you to do things in the shadows and be discreet if you cannot even pretend to believe my tale? If you’re going to keep up such an exhausting charade, you should learn to adjust more than just your voice.”

Fawnpatch turned back again and continued walking. “And you don’t need to use that grating voice when you’re around me. If you insist on an actual patrol, we can do hunting, I suppose. Your clan is no use to anyone if they starve.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Memories

Memories

Cancer Pig

Evening Chill [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evening Chill [C]   Evening Chill [C] EmptySat 9 Apr 2022 - 0:33

Marshmallow narrowed her eyes at Fawnpatch. She's annoyed at me? It seems like it. She rolled her eyes. "Fine. It's really not like I don't believe you, I just think you're telling a half-truth. You're dead, in the dark forest, so why do you need to hide it?" She sighed, catching up to the other she-cat, and continuing in silence. Back to boredom, I guess. She glanced up at Fawnpatch at some moments, trying to read her expression. Well, now I know that she doesn't like to play games. Nobody likes to play games. Except me, I like to. It's so annoying... She's so annoying. Her ears flicked back.

Suddenly, the black and white she-cat paused, nose lifting. Yes! Frog! My favourite. Her tail seemed to lift in a bit of excitement as she stalked towards the smell, and could soon hear the familiar croaks of her favourite prey. Her eyes and body focused as soon as she saw the brownish-green shade of the creature. She had been hunting frogs for ages. She... Didn't always catch them. That was... Just hunting. She supposed.

Focusing back on her prey, her black ears turned towards the frog, one of her black front paws lifted up off the ground, instinctively. She let the murky scent of the frog fill her nostrils for a second. Just as it leaped, she did, her jaws clamped around its slimy shape. Most cats would've found it disgusting, she was sure of it. Marshmallow, personally, didn't care all that much. Prey was prey, and she particularly liked frogs, despite the sliminess.

OOC: from here in the post, what marshmallow hears and sees is just inside her head, so Fawn wouldn't hear or see any of this.))

IC: A twig snapped. Atleast, she thought it did. The frog still dangled from her jaws, her ears perked. Is it you? She wondered, approaching where she heard it... But there wasn't a twig, nobody was here, she didn't even smell anything. It is you. She narrowed her eyes, feeling a presence behind her. How did you manage to make an evil cat dislike you? That was Not Marshmallow. She turned around, and there she was. Her flowers and plants were... Wilting. She even said you weren't even good at what you were doing... Marshmallow flicked her ears back, dropping the frog in front of her paws. You should just admit to everyone you wanted Loudnose to get hurt.

Marshmallow huffed, digging a hole. You can't ignore you. She continued to ignore Not Marshmallow. She pushed the frog in the hole. If you were me, you wouldn't be standing there... being not real and stuff. She narrowed her eyes and buried the frog, walking through Not Marshmallow. You can't run forever.

Marshmallow stopped walking. You know that, don't you? Come back. She turned around, flicking up mud around her. Some stuck to her pelt. She ran towards Not Marshmallow at a fast speed, but they sunk into the ground, like in her dream. Marshmallow slid through the mud, meeting air, instead of the 'cat'. "Stop it!" She hissed, but as she looked around, she realised Not Marshmallow wasn't anywhere.

Where did you go?

She huffed, sitting down, fur covered in mud. Her expression unreadable, breathing heavily.

Marshmallow attempted to catch a frog... Success! -3 SP (Marshmallow)

Last edited by Memories on Sat 9 Apr 2022 - 1:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15016

Evening Chill [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evening Chill [C]   Evening Chill [C] EmptySat 9 Apr 2022 - 0:33

The member 'Memories' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 3

Evening Chill [C] Mistpe10
Evening Chill [C] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

Evening Chill [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evening Chill [C]   Evening Chill [C] EmptyThu 21 Apr 2022 - 16:08

Fawnpatch

Fawnpatch’s eyes followed Marshmallow. If she was annoyed at Fawnpatch, then that was fine. She didn’t mind. What she did mind was that she couldn’t seem to figure out how this cat functioned. One moment, Fawnpatch thought she knew what he needed to get her on her side, and then the next, she had not a clue. Marshmallow’s behavior seemed to jump back and forth as quickly as that of a kit, but she didn’t respond to things as a kit did. It was aggravating.

She watched Marshmallow pounce on a frog, but then her behavior certainly changed. She froze and her body reacted to things that Fawnpatch could not see nor hear. She tilted her head, not moving and letting Marshmallow play out…whatever this was. Her movements were distracted as she buried the frog. Fawnpatch almost opened her mouth to speak when Marshmallow yelled shrilly. That certainly caught Fawnpatch off-guard. It seemed that Marshmallow was fighting some inner demons that were making her slip up this façade.

Fawnpatch strode forward and sat down in front of Marshmallow. She watched her for a moment, looking at her unreadable expression and listening to her harsh breaths. Fawnpatch finally asked, “What has got you so worked up?” Her tone was no longer annoyed, nor was it simply intrigued. She sounded somewhat caring, like she wanted to help Marshmallow with whatever problem this was.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Memories

Memories

Cancer Pig

Evening Chill [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evening Chill [C]   Evening Chill [C] EmptySun 24 Apr 2022 - 7:27

Marshmallow didn't seem to have long to recollect herself. Her tail tip and whiskers were twitching and she continued to stare into nothingness before the Dark Forest warrior decided to come up to her and speak. Fawnpatch's tone had changed, as if her words were genuine. Finally, the black and white she-cat brought her attention to the spirit. "I'm not really sure." That sentence was probably the most genuine thing she had said in warriorhood.

She didn't stop talking, though. "It's not real. Nobody else can see it, and honestly I just wish it would stop... Happening." She felt a small wave of embarrassment wash over her. She stopped talking then. Maybe she shouldn't of started, but her words were like a waterfall and her teeth were like the rocks that stopped the flow. So, she closed her mouth and went to the place where she buried the frog.

"Do you like frogs? Hunting has been the most fun thing to do as a proper warrior. But it isn't fun. I wish cats let me have more fun." The way she was rambling somewhat reminded her of how Loudnose spoke. Running on, and on, and on. Cats found him nice. Like a good friend. But she was blamed for the tom getting hurt by his own stupidity and was never given a chance to explain herself. Well, she was, but searching for a way to make it sound like it wasn't her fault she messed up and she got punished. Did nobody like her? Nobody really... hated her, she didn't think. Maybe they just got me all mixed up. They're just too boring to have fun. Being a normal warrior is so boring. I bet a kittypet has more fun.

She unburied the frog. I think I'm the only one who really likes me. But I want others to feel the same. Maybe it's personal preference... She took the frog in her jaws and turned around to Fawnpatch. That's mousebrained. Everyone should like what I like. It'd be more simple that way. "I like frogs even though most cats don't like them." She mewed. "The sliminess doesn't really bother me that much. What I don't get is lizards. I can barely eat through the tough scales and they have no meat at all..." I also seem to like changing the subject from Not Marshmallow, huh? She thought to herself.

xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

Evening Chill [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evening Chill [C]   Evening Chill [C] EmptySun 24 Apr 2022 - 12:14

Fawnpatch

As Marshmallow spoke, Fawnpatch watched her carefully. The nerves and fear was slowly replaced with embarrassment until it dissipated entirely and she changed the subject. There was certainly skill in how she avoided things and changed her focus. She could be good at what she was trying to do; she simply did not have a good teacher.

“I do like frogs,” Fawnpatch replied smoothly. “And it is good to enjoy things that other cats don’t. You get more of it in return. As for lizards, I think some cats enjoy gnawing on the scales. My son loved them.” She paused, giving Marshmallow another moment to her own thoughts, before she mewed, “You know. You said that people don’t like you. You’re trying to be someone that they like, but you’ve been failing. That’s why Murkystar didn’t seem to like you, and that’s why they won’t let you have fun.” So what was the answer? To be her true self? To hope that they like the authentic version of her that she’s hidden away?

No. Of course not.

“With some help, I can teach you how other cats think.” Fawnpatch studied her for just a moment, trying to make sure that she was not veering into a course that Marshmallow did not like. “If you can understand other cats—not agree with them, but at least understand their foolish thoughts and desires—then you can transform into a cat that they will love. And then you can get away with whatever you want.”

Fawnpatch didn’t know what this hallucination was that Marshmallow apparently saw, but she could deal with that another time. If she could earn Marshmallow’s trust and get her on her side…well, even if Marshmallow wouldn’t do anything out in the open for her, she might be an asset. And if not? Well, any trouble caused for the clan would be reward enough.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Memories

Memories

Cancer Pig

Evening Chill [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evening Chill [C]   Evening Chill [C] EmptyFri 29 Apr 2022 - 2:14

Marshmallow noticed Fawnpatch had gotten a lot more friendly. Was that on purpose? I can't tell if she's being genuine or not... She thought, the tortoiseshell could be just trying to make smalltalk, but it was a little annoying she didn't know as much about her as she did her clanmates. She let Fawnpatch speak after she had finally focused on the present fully. "Yeah. Maybe." She didn't really know the reason why she didn't think they'd like her true self, but she did know she liked having the upper paw with others. I don't think that's the full reason Murkystar doesn't like me though... I know most cats still blame me for Loudnose.

"Oh..?" The black and white she-cat seemed to perk up a little, multicoloured gaze focusing fully. Can she really? That'd make warriorhood so much more fun... "That makes sense... I can understand a little, but I was pretty..." Unfocused? Looked over? She narrowed her eyes. "... Ignored during most of my kithood and apprenticeship... So I didn't have much time to focus on other's actions, or getting to know cats." As Fawnpatch kept talking, Marshmallow kept getting more interested I don't need mother's love right now, but with other cats it would be useful, and then I could have a group of friends that could support me... Even when someone else doesn't like my game.

"Oh, I'd love that."

Sponsored content

Evening Chill [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evening Chill [C]   Evening Chill [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

Evening Chill [C]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next