Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

The Crumbles of Life [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 1847

The Crumbles of Life [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: The Crumbles of Life [Closed]   The Crumbles of Life [Closed] EmptyWed Feb 23, 2022 8:05 pm

It's been a while since Coyotepaw spent time with her sister alone. By a while, she meant never. And the last time they had really even spent any time together in any meaningful manner would be when they went hunting with Goldenstar right after they had been made 'paws. Now, they had both taken their Moonstone journey and returned. Any day now they would receive their warrior names and take-up arms with the rest of the clan in responsibilities of keeping WindClan safe and... Together. The second StarClan cat's words rang in her ears almost constantly as she mulled over his advice. There must be a division in the clan, then. He had dutied her with fixing it and perhaps the best way would be to tidy up family ties. So on this surprisingly sunny afternoon, Coyotepaw invited Daisypaw out to 'play' in the territory. No hunting expectations (she had already done so much of that today), no patrols. Just catch up.

They walk side by side now, a comfortable space between them. Much further than she'd walk from Hawkpaw. The cold wind whipped through the hills, but she had grown accustomed to it and it hardly phased her anymore. Glancing over to her much more... ditzy... sister, Coyotepaw broke the silence. "Have you ever been to the tunnels? I haven't ventured there yet. Do you want to check them out? I heard they're pretty cool and important." Her paws came to a stop and nodded to an opening she had noticed numerous times before. Of course, they had been warned that the tunnels were dangerous. But so were the plains, and they walked those every day. There haven't been any incidents recently, either. So what harm would it be for them to check out their heritage? After all, their ancestors crafted these by paw.
Back to top Go down
sprout

sprout

Characters :
Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: The Crumbles of Life [Closed]   The Crumbles of Life [Closed] EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 12:25 am

Finding herself walking along the moor with her sister, it was strange, not really knowing what to say. When was the last time she'd even interacted with her before today? Oh right. The hunting patrol. That had been... a long while ago. A little twinge of guilt clung in her stomach, suggesting that perhaps it was her fault they weren't close. What could've been a great relationship had been wasted because she hadn't reached out. Well, that's what they were doing out here right? Catching up on things.

The walk was not uncomfortable, yet not comfortable either. It was on a midground, like a bird balanced on a thin branch. When the apprentice was almost desperate enough to break the silence by commenting on her pelt, there was something to kindle their conversation. "Actually, I have! I had my hunting assessment down there. Rather musty and damp in those passageways though... They don't seem too important, but if prey likes to hang out in them I supposed they are of some significance. Okay, I guess we could go in if you're interested."  There wasn't anything special really in there, but she was not going to say no.

It took a few heartbeats to let their eyes adjust to the dimmer and cramped space in the tunnels, the scents of previous cats and prey that had been in there mingled with the smell of earth. "So... anything out of the ordinary been going on with you lately? Perhaps a specific someone?" she inquired, a playful glee in her voice. In the little times she'd paid any attention to her sibling, she noticed a bond between her and a certain tom. Now seemed like a good time to ask about it.

Daisypaw ♀ | WC | App | 20/60 |#ff9966*deceased
Minnowstar ♂ | TC | T2 Warrior | 40/100 | #66ccff
Flurrypaw ♀ | TC | App | 20/60 |#9966ff
Martenpaw ♀ | RC | App | 20/60 | #cc0033*deceased
my cattos // feel free to pm!

Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Crumbles of Life [Closed]   The Crumbles of Life [Closed] EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 12:14 pm

Coyotepaw's pelt flushed hot despite the bitter chill of the tunnels as Daisypaw and herself descended deeper into the tunnels. It grew dark, fast, and it felt claustrophobic. She had never once been in such closed confined spaces and it was then she decided she would never hunt down here. There was no room to run and feel free. "Well, our ancestors made them, that's why they're important." She tried to push off the question for a second, circling back to their earlier conversation. But she hesitated midstep. With her sister's pelt pushed close against hers, she felt close to her for the first time and it was hard to resist the draw of finally letting out her secret to someone so safe as family. She finished her step and continued on. "Okay, fine." Coyotepaw said with a small, resigned sigh meant to be a light-hearted joke, poking fun at her own original resistance. "I quite like Hawkpaw, if you couldn't tell. He and I are closer than anyone. He's so large and strong, handsome, and mysterious." The words came out in a rush like she had been holding it in for so long. And she has. "But I don't think he likes me like that. I think I annoy him." It was true, he was nearly impossible to read, and that drew her in more yet terrified her.

.: Coyotegrin :: Kestrelchirp :: Quailprowler : Singedfox :.
#9966ff : #cc3300 : #6699ff : #993366 : Bold
WC T5 Warrior : WC T3 Warrior : TC T2 Warrior : SC T1 Warrior (Perma-NPC)
"When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire."

Back to top Go down
sprout

sprout

Characters :
Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: The Crumbles of Life [Closed]   The Crumbles of Life [Closed] EmptyMon Feb 28, 2022 7:41 pm

As the pair traversed down the winding darkness, it was obvious that her sister was stalling. It was understandable, given that the two weren't as close as she'd like. "I wonder how strong these roots are if they've held up these tunnels for so long..." she thought aloud, paws reaching out to touch one of the many twigs poking out of the dirt. Attention was brought back to the matter of relationships, a happy smile turning to meet her Coyotepaw's gaze after her consent to confess. Daisypaw couldn't help letting out a giggle listening to her littermate's tumble of admiring words. "Stars, you think no one notices how excited you get during Gatherings? He's okay I suppose." For one of the first times, she thought a little before replying. "I'm not exactly qualified to be giving you any advice in that matter, but you've got my support! You deserve him... I think."

Daisypaw ♀ | WC | App | 20/60 |#ff9966*deceased
Minnowstar ♂ | TC | T2 Warrior | 40/100 | #66ccff
Flurrypaw ♀ | TC | App | 20/60 |#9966ff
Martenpaw ♀ | RC | App | 20/60 | #cc0033*deceased
my cattos // feel free to pm!

Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Crumbles of Life [Closed]   The Crumbles of Life [Closed] EmptyFri Mar 04, 2022 3:47 pm

Coyotepaw glanced at her sister, even though she couldn't see her well in the dim light. "You think? I'm not sure what you mean?" Her tone was more neutral than before, but she brushed it off. Hawkpaw was a sensitive subject, easily ruffling her pelt. Besides, she hadn't even opened up to anyone about it yet, so it was especially sore. But Daisypaw probably meant nothing by it, so there was nothing to fuss about.

Finally, the pair made it to a small, den like clearing in the tunnels. It was a circle, with the tunnel they came from on one end and another tunnel leading up and to a faint light on the other. It was no more than five tail lengths wide in each direction, but compared to the cramped tunnel they came from it was the open moore. Old sticks were stuck in the wall in a way that one could only assume was support beams. Coyotepaw sniffed one of them, glancing back at her sister. "These can't possibly be doing anything, you think? They're just sticks." She stood back and investigated a little closer, pawing at the dirt next to the sticks. Yes, it was definitely just for show. Turning her head, she rolled her eyes to Daisypaw. "See?" To accentuate her point, she kicked the beam from the bottom. The stick came crashing down and thudded at her paws.

The entrance to the tunnel with the light was next to her shoulder. For a few heart beats, nothing happened. But then, a clump of dirt hit her head. Then another. And then a big clump. It was in that moment Coyotepaw realized what was happening. "Daisypaw, run!" She cried, turning and running down the narrow tunnel towards the light. Her heart pounded in her chest and her vision became tunnel-vision - no pun intended- as it focused on the light getting closer and closer.

With a large inhale, fresh air finally hit her face. Heaving for breath, Coyotepaw spun around to watch the entrance of the tunnel for her sister... Why wasn't she there yet?

Ooc: mobile

.: Coyotegrin :: Kestrelchirp :: Quailprowler : Singedfox :.
#9966ff : #cc3300 : #6699ff : #993366 : Bold
WC T5 Warrior : WC T3 Warrior : TC T2 Warrior : SC T1 Warrior (Perma-NPC)
"When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Crumbles of Life [Closed]   The Crumbles of Life [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Crumbles of Life [Closed]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: WindClan Territory :: The Tunnels-
Jump to: