Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

double mi duo [closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sprout

sprout

Characters : deceased: Minnowstar [TC], Frogkit [WC], Flurrypaw [TC], Daisypaw [WC]
Number of posts : 364

double mi duo [closed] Empty
PostSubject: double mi duo [closed]   double mi duo [closed] EmptyFri 4 Feb 2022 - 18:30

A scrawny mouse was placed on the fresh-kill pile, a contribution from a newly-named warrior. Though it wasn't much, it would be of some help to the many hungry mouths that filled all of Thunderclan. The sky was fading into a brilliant pink, the sun fading over the horizon. Minnowfin's paws ached from the cold and complained for a rest. A grey she-cat, tall in stature was sitting near the apprentices' den, and he supposed going over to say hi would provide him some time to sit and take a break.

"Hello," he greeted her, "You're one of the former Riverclanners correct? I'm Minnowp- ...fin. I don't think I've caught your name..." Offering a friendly smile, he took a seat beside her. Only now, he noticed that one of her paws always seemed to be lifted off the ground. "Did something happen to your paw?" he asked, though his tone was not prying nor judgemental.

Daisypaw ♀ | WC | App | 20/60 |#ff9966*deceased
Minnowstar ♂ | TC | T2 Warrior | 40/100 | #66ccff
Flurrypaw ♀ | TC | App | 20/60 |#9966ff
Martenpaw ♀ | RC | App | 20/60 | #cc0033*deceased
my cattos // feel free to pm!

Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

Characters : Mintpool of Thunderclan | Hollyshine of Skyclan | Cinderkit of Shadowclan
Number of posts : 687

PostSubject: Re: double mi duo [closed]   double mi duo [closed] EmptySun 6 Feb 2022 - 19:29

Mintpaw sat stiffly in front of the apprentice’s den, a small frown on her face. Having been accepted by Minkstar, since... his death, she’d been feeling anxious. Are we still welcome here? was her first thought, followed by a trickle of shame. The kind, understanding leader had given her family a home — in spite of so many things — and now he was gone. Didn’t he deserved to be honored?

Mintpaw shivered. She hadn’t known anyone who had died before. (A flash of a memory, blurry and young, of pale fur and a sense of quiet surfaced. But it left quickly.) Minkstar hadn’t been her leader very long, but… she would always be grateful to him. Maybe it hadn’t been what Thunderclan wanted, but it had been right. Just. I won’t forget you, and what you did for us.

And at least he was in a greater place — however much Mintpaw didn’t understand it. Starclan remained a mystery; distant and perhaps a little cold. I will have to ask Mom.

The question still remained, though. Stoatfur — the small, stone-faced warrior who had first found them, and grudgingly brought them to camp — had turned out not only to be of influence, but deputy. And now our leader. But the intense tom had said nothing. Which only left a slow, gnawing worry in Mintpaw, as she anticipated the other paw falling.

These thoughts circled until she noticed a Thunderclan tom approaching. An older one. Fish-brain! You’re Thunderclan now, too!, she corrected internally, but couldn’t help her slight wince. Not all words had been unkind, but not many welcoming, either. She heard about some choice words said to her mother. But the grey tom had a friendly look on his face, if a tried one, and didn’t seem like that at all. I’ve seen him before — the new warrior!

“Hello,” she mewed back, and then nodded, a bit warily. “I am. I’m Mintpaw.” Everyone knew who they were, even if their fish-scent was mostly fading. But the stumble on his name made her whiskers twitch. Even him being curious about her paw was said in a way that had her fur ease, and lay flat.

In Riverclan, most other kits knew her — and her strange, bent paw, as well as Pebble’s walking. Even Hollyleaf didn’t ask; only nodded in consideration to it. Being asked was new, and Mintpaw found she didn’t mind. She liked explaining.

“And nothing happened to it; I was born this way,” she explained, lifting the paw in question. At the wrist, it twisted gently outward. It wasn’t exactly like that, but it was simpler to say. She gave a small smile. “Nobody’s asked me so far, you know. You’re the first. We call it my lucky paw. My littermates, I mean. I think my sister Flurrypaw said it first. But it doesn’t bother me much.”

It did, sometimes — but Thunderclan didn’t need to know that.

Mintpool | Thunderclan T3 Warrior | 45/90 | Shamrock #33cc66
Cinderkit | Shadowclan Kit | 10/30 | DarkGray | #87CEEB
Hollyshine | Skyclan Tier 3 Warrior | 50/120 | Crimson #cc0000

Back to top Go down
sprout

sprout

Characters : deceased: Minnowstar [TC], Frogkit [WC], Flurrypaw [TC], Daisypaw [WC]

PostSubject: Re: double mi duo [closed]   double mi duo [closed] EmptySun 6 Feb 2022 - 23:32

The tom didn't even notice the she-cat stumbling over her words, simply noting down her name. "Mintpaw." he repeated, then continued to listen. Mintpaw seemed to relax a little when he asked her about her bent paw, though the warrior could not guess why. Lucky paw? "Really? I hope it wasn't offensive... I thought you had a thorn in your paw and was about to send you to the medicine den! " he mewed, amused. After some silence (due to him not knowing what to say), he finally inquired, "How are you adjusting to living in the undergrowth so far? I hope the other apprentices are treating you well... I know some can say things that are... quite harsh." This grey molly wasn't so bad, she seemed like an eager young cat.

Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

Characters : Mintpool of Thunderclan | Hollyshine of Skyclan | Cinderkit of Shadowclan
Number of posts : 687

PostSubject: Re: double mi duo [closed]   double mi duo [closed] EmptyMon 7 Feb 2022 - 0:17

“Oh,” Mintpaw mewed, not really sure how to take that. Maybe it... wasn’t that noticeable? The amusement in his voice didn’t quite make her smile, but her whiskers twitched again. “No, you’re fine. I didn’t realize it looked that way. It’s definitely not that.” Being so tall, her feet weren’t the first thing you looked at when you saw her, after all. And in the brief time they’d been here, with adequate — if still very little — food, she’d grown even taller. But feeling the creep of self-consciousness, anyway, she raised the paw to her and began grooming.

At least I don’t look like a rogue anymore, she thought. Although most of the cats here... they were thin, if not as thin as Mintpaw’s Mom. And some of their coats seemed more ragged, faces drawn. The lack of food, when everyone (all the other Clans) were well-fed... Mintpaw knew that was like. (And maybe she was also used to the low-burning hope, that you hung onto, that things would eventually get better.)

And they had, hadn’t they? No more fish. No more dogs. She felt her mood brightening.

“The undergrowth?” Mintpaw mewed, and suddenly flushed. The patrol she’d been on that morning had involved a few incidents of tripping — how did he know that? “It’s... tricky sometimes. And the other apprentices are fine. I just avoid them.” Maybe that was a tad blunter than she usually was, but it was the truth.

Mintpool | Thunderclan T3 Warrior | 45/90 | Shamrock #33cc66
Cinderkit | Shadowclan Kit | 10/30 | DarkGray | #87CEEB
Hollyshine | Skyclan Tier 3 Warrior | 50/120 | Crimson #cc0000

Back to top Go down
sprout

sprout

PostSubject: Re: double mi duo [closed]   double mi duo [closed] EmptyWed 9 Feb 2022 - 4:57

Apparently, the she-cat didn't find his comment particularly amusing, and it felt like the conversation would've gone a lot better if he hadn't said that. The grey she-cat's reaction was one of surprise when he brought up the topic of undergrowth. Her answer wasn't anything very explanatory, but the young tom understood that she might not be ready to tell him everything. After all, this was the first time he had ever interacted with her. Acknowledging her answer with a subtle nod, he deemed it time to part ways for the time being. Standing up, he stretched his hindlegs out. "Well Mintpaw, it was nice meeting you. I'd better get back to my duties. See you around?" he mewed in a temporary farewell.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: double mi duo [closed]   double mi duo [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

double mi duo [closed]
Page 1 of 1