Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Promise [Solo]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MediocreCrisis

MediocreCrisis

Characters : [B]oartusk, [Spi]derdance, [O]leanderpaw, [Ser]pentkit
Clan/Rank : [B] Shadowclan T2 Warrior, [Spi] Windclan T1 Warrior, [O] Riverclan Apprentice, [Ser] Thunderclan Unborn Kit
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 594

A Promise [Solo] Empty
PostSubject: A Promise [Solo]   A Promise [Solo] EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 8:31 am

Cicadashriek didn't know how long he had been sitting here for. The rest of the patrol had already paid their respects and began hunting, but he had remained behind a little longer... or perhaps a lot longer. He didn't just need to pay his respects, he needed to apologize.

He had formed a friendship with a Skyclan cat, attempting to vie for her safety and getting Burningwing scarred and downed in an important fight, making them lose their territory. He had not spoken up during the times Burningwing's loyalty was contended with, too cowardly to go against his leader and clanmates. And now, he had been bested in battle by a rogue, one that couldn't have been older than an apprentice. The whole clan was ransacked and beaten by a bunch of lawless idiots! He had been a casualty in life, and now he couldn't avenge Burningwing in death.

Two good cats were dead, unable to even be buried whole. Cicadashriek looked down at his paws, the dirt now covered in snow, but he could still sense its softness below, still having yet to settle where they upturned it. He could feel his throat tightening again, but this time he didn't swallow it down like he did the times before. He was alone, only he and the cats below the earth. So he let his eyes well up with moisture and little choked sounds to fight from his lungs. He had fought like a kit, so he deserved to cry like one too.

"I'm sorry..." He murmured, though he was unsure if Burningwing's spirit could hear him, or if he could or if he even wanted to. Starclan had threatened him during his moonstone journey when he had done nothing... how did they see Burningwing? The fact that he didn't even know where his mentor has forced an angry sob from his maw. This was unfair, but he could fix it. "I'll be stronger for you, alright? I'll get stronger. and no one will hurt this clan while I stand." He would train harder than he ever had before; until he could win every fight with his eyes closed. He had lost to other cats more times than was honorable, to other clan cats, to rogues, to his own clanmates. He wasn't trying hard enough. Not to mention Shadowclan's views on rogues, accepting every sad-faced cat into their ranks. Maybe this incident would make them more warry, but he wouldn't take that risk. No rogue would ever take advantage of them like this, not by taking their resources and not by drawing their blood.

"I promise. This will never happen again."

Boartusk | Shadowclan T2 Warrior | #990000
Oleanderpaw | Riverclan Apprentice | #669933
Spiderdance | Windclan T1 Warrior | #0883D4
Serpentkit | Thunderclan Unborn Kit | #703642
Not Depicted
Plotting Page | Art Emporium | Character Profiles
Back to top Go down

A Promise [Solo]
Page 1 of 1