Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

rats and birds [closed]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ginger

ginger

Characters : Mintpool of Thunderclan | Hollyshine of Skyclan | Cinderkit of Shadowclan
Number of posts : 687

rats and birds [closed] Empty
PostSubject: rats and birds [closed]   rats and birds [closed] EmptyThu 13 Jan 2022 - 4:52

Ratrunner sat quietly in camp, a marshrat in his jaws. He ate carefully, allowing parts of it to thaw — bit by bit — beneath his teeth before swallowing. Leftover from the night before, it was mostly frozen, but thankfully still filling. And not... so bad. Going slowly, you could taste it more, even if it was nothing like warm prey.

After feeling a bit weary from hunger, Ratrunner savored it. Especially since he’d assumed he wouldn’t eat until later in the night.

Frostgaze had sent out patrols not long ago, but the senior warrior in charge of Ratrunner told him to eat first, and set out on his own after — and with someone of his choice. The small tom had blinked, but agreed gratefully. There was his vigil, not a quarter moon ago; early hunting; a scuffle with rogues... Did he look that bad? I must look tired.

Being a warrior was, so far... hard. And a lot more being out of camp — hunting and patrolling — and less of doing chores in camp that had... never really been chores, to Ratrunner. And when out on the territory, he tended to get lost in hunting, which in this cold wore on him. I’m sure it will get better? the young warrior thought. Then, more assuredly, No, I’m certain it will. It’s just leaf-bare... and it’s been a crazy few nights.

With a shake of his head, once Ratrunner had finished, he rose to find someone to hunt with. Immediately, he thought of Duskflight, or his mother; but the former had an apprentice to train, and his mother was usually wherever she wanted to be. Nightstalker? Or Swiftheart?

But... no. After a peek in the warrior’s den, he saw no trace of them. And... while Ratrunner was bolder now than he was as an apprentice, waking a sleeping warrior wasn’t something he was keen to do. Sighing, the small warrior wondered if he should bother Amberdawn when he saw a glimpse of black-and-white, in the apprentice’s den. His ears lifted. Maybe one of the older apprentices?

Ducking his head in the familiar space, Ratrunner saw... Ospreypaw? Not one of the oldest, like Dappledpaw, but not far from it either. Would she be busy? “Excuse me. Ospreypaw?” he said, feeling a bit awkward but, it’s not like they didn’t know each other. “Could I bother you to come hunting with me? If you don’t have training, that is. I would ask Dappledpaw, but... I don’t see her.”

Mintpool | Thunderclan T3 Warrior | 45/90 | Shamrock #33cc66
Cinderkit | Shadowclan Kit | 10/30 | DarkGray | #87CEEB
Hollyshine | Skyclan Tier 3 Warrior | 50/120 | Crimson #cc0000

Back to top Go down

rats and birds [closed]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Territory-
Jump to: