Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Family Ties [Otterpaw]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5683

Family Ties [Otterpaw] Empty
PostSubject: Family Ties [Otterpaw]   Family Ties [Otterpaw] EmptyFri Dec 24, 2021 8:21 pm

Birdsong shivered as an icy gust of wind ruffled her for, ears flicking back in dismay as she sank into snow that nearly came up to her belly fur. She'd been born in leafbare and had thought she had fond memories of chasing her siblings and Muddythorn in the snow, but this was something else entirely. This was foxdung.

Foxdung or not, the weather wasn't going to magically become nice because she willed it, and she'd promised to take her son out. Partly to train, partly to spend time with him. With his littermate still in the nursery, Birdsong felt like he was slipping through her grasp. It was only natural as he became older, of course, but the she-cat found herself wanting to spend as much time with her kits as she could.

"How has training been, Otterpaw? Are you getting along with the other apprentices?" She glanced toward the tabby and white tom, a small smile forming despite her gripes with the snow.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
Maple
Former Staff
Former Staff
Maple

Characters : *Dustcloud {D}, *Blazeflight {B}, *Silentstrike {Sil}, *Gustpuddle {G}, *Swiftflight {Sw}, *Fennelpaw {Fn}, *Jaysong {Ja}, *Fallowlight {Fa}, *Fern {Fe}, *Brackenberry {Br}, *Ivystar {Iv}, *Specklekit {Sp}, *Beanheart {Be}, *Freckleface {Fr}, Briarthorn {Br}, *Eris {E}, *Hyacinthia {Hy}, *Otterdance {Ot}, Nightbird {Ni}, *Olivepaw {Ol}, Smudgekit {Sm}
Clan/Rank : Tier Five SkyClan Warrior {Br}, Tier Two SkyClan Warrior {Ni}, WindClan Kit {Sm}
Leo Monkey
Number of posts : 4840

PostSubject: Re: Family Ties [Otterpaw]   Family Ties [Otterpaw] EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 5:31 pm

Stomping through the snow, Otterpaw found himself wishing that maybe he had asked to stay cozied up in camp with his mama rather than patrolling out in the territory. It was frigid out, and the snow wiggled it’s way past his thick top coat of fur and pressed against his skin. It was painfully obvious that he was trying to keep his shivering a secret in an effort to show that it didn’t phase him. ”It’s been pretty good I think. I’ve learned lots, but it’s hard to train sometimes when there’s not a lot of prey around to practice with. Fishing isn’t quite so bad at least.” Pondering the question of other apprentices and his relationship with them, Otterpaw lifted a brow. ”There isn’t really a lot of time for socializing I guess. Everyone’s always so tired and cold when they get back home, we kinda just train, eat, sleep, wake up, and repeat. They’re okay from what I can tell. Maybe once Newleaf comes it’ll be better.” Otterpaw attemped to shake the snow from his fur as they walked through the territory, teeth chattering from the chilly winds. ”Is it always this bad out, ma? I don’t think I like Leafbare very much.”

♛  Site Baby Sister  ♛

| Briarthorn | Nightbird | Smudgepaw |
| T5 SkC Warrior | T2 SkC Warrior | WC Apprentice |
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Family Ties [Otterpaw]   Family Ties [Otterpaw] EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 4:50 am

"Good, I'm glad things are going well." If Otterpaw was doing alright in the current conditions, he would have an easier time when the weather improved and prey became more abundant. "I'm sure things will calm down, you'll have plenty of chances to get to know everyone." With how many kits were set to become 'paws, Otterpaw would have plenty of denmates, not that he didn't already, of course.

Birdsong glanced towards her son, a half-amused purr rumbling in her chest at the question, "I was born in leafbare, but this one seems to be much harsher than most. In a few moons it'll be newleaf though, and prey will return as the snows melt and it becomes warmer. It won't stay this cold forever." Even if it did seem like it at times, this would pass. Birdsong was confident it would.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
Maple
Former Staff
Former Staff
Maple

Characters : *Dustcloud {D}, *Blazeflight {B}, *Silentstrike {Sil}, *Gustpuddle {G}, *Swiftflight {Sw}, *Fennelpaw {Fn}, *Jaysong {Ja}, *Fallowlight {Fa}, *Fern {Fe}, *Brackenberry {Br}, *Ivystar {Iv}, *Specklekit {Sp}, *Beanheart {Be}, *Freckleface {Fr}, Briarthorn {Br}, *Eris {E}, *Hyacinthia {Hy}, *Otterdance {Ot}, Nightbird {Ni}, *Olivepaw {Ol}, Smudgekit {Sm}
Clan/Rank : Tier Five SkyClan Warrior {Br}, Tier Two SkyClan Warrior {Ni}, WindClan Kit {Sm}
Leo Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Family Ties [Otterpaw]   Family Ties [Otterpaw] EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 2:06 pm

Otterpaw nodded along to what his mother said about the other apprentices. She had been through all this stuff before, so she definitely knew what she was talking about. He had nothing to worry about. ”Good. If it were always this cold, I think I’d retire on the spot. Not the typ’a life for me, y’know?” Shivering, Otterpaw pushed through the snow. Their pawsteps would seemingly disappear as a new layer of sniw covered their tracks, which frightened Otterpaw… What would happen if they got lost? Admittedly, he wasn’t too terribly familiar with the territory yet. Thinking on the subject, he decided to guide them somewhere with more traffic from their Clanmates. It would make him feel a little better. ”Say, how about we go fishing, ma? I heard the river isn’t totally frozen over yet. Bet we’d have better luck there, right?”

♛  Site Baby Sister  ♛

Last edited by Maple on Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Family Ties [Otterpaw]   Family Ties [Otterpaw] EmptyFri Dec 31, 2021 7:22 pm

Whiskers twitching in amusement, Birdsong lightly brushed her son's flank with her tail. "I think we all would." She agreed, gaze sweeping across the snow-covered landscape. "We might... Water's going to be cold though." She added, turning to head toward the river. "I'd hunt in the trees but there's far too much snow on the branches. Best not add my weight to them." Squirrels and birds were much lighter than cats and would have little problem, of course... Not that there were many around at the moment.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
Maple
Former Staff
Former Staff
Maple

Leo Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Family Ties [Otterpaw]   Family Ties [Otterpaw] EmptySat Jan 01, 2022 7:38 pm

Otterpaw smirked at Birdsong, flicking his tail with confidence as he trotted forward, leading the way to the river. ”That’s fine with me. I’m a pro at catching fish, it won’t take long.” Otterkit purred as they approached the bend of the river, making his way to the shore where the ice was a bit thinner, and easier to break without scaring every fish within a close enough vicinity to him. ”Alright, mama. I’ll show you what I’ve learned then. Maybe you could give it a try if you wanna.” He whispered as quietly as he could, making sure he wasn’t too close as the cast a shadow in the water. He waited, as patiently as he could manage, for a fish to approach. When a flash of silver scales finally flashed across his vision, he reached an unsheathed set of class into the water and hooked them in, pulling out with a sharp yank. Satisfied with his catch, he nipped the base of it’s neck and turned around the face Birdson, the limp fish (nearly too big to fit in his still-growing jaws) hanging still.

Otterpaw successfully caught a fish, using -7 SP.

Otterpaw:
20/20 HP
53/60 SP [-7]

♛  Site Baby Sister  ♛

Last edited by Maple on Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15067

PostSubject: Re: Family Ties [Otterpaw]   Family Ties [Otterpaw] EmptySat Jan 01, 2022 7:38 pm

The member 'Maple' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 3

Family Ties [Otterpaw] Mistpe10
Family Ties [Otterpaw] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Family Ties [Otterpaw]   Family Ties [Otterpaw] EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 4:21 pm

She settled not far from her son, falling quiet and allowing the tom to concentrate on fishing with little distraction. It wasn't long before his paw darted into the water, coming up with a fish with an ease that seemed more natural than Birdsong's attempts at fishing ever did. Such was the benefit of learning at a young age, though Turtlefur had been an excellent mentor, too.

"Good catch." Birdsong purred softly. Otterpaw was learning well, he'd make a fine warrior, she was sure of it. Soon enough he would be skilled enough to teach her, his quip probably wasn't wrong. She turned her attention to the water, staring down as fish darted to and fro. It was always difficult to judge exactly where they were as the water refracted light, so it took her a moment longer to be sure enough to whisk a paw toward the water. Her claws caught scales, and she pulled the fish out, making it a quick end.

"Alright, how was that?" She asked, whiskers twitching as her gaze settled back on Otterpaw.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
Maple
Former Staff
Former Staff
Maple

Leo Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Family Ties [Otterpaw]   Family Ties [Otterpaw] EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 2:18 pm

Beaming at his mother’s praise, Otterpaw dropped the fish behind him and turned to her with a smile. He watched as she focused on her own fishing hole, focused on the slight waves until a fish eventually swam within her reach. He was nearly bouncing with excitement when she pulled the fish from the water. ”I’ve got the best mama ever! She can hunt land prey and fish and climb trees!” Otterpaw’s excitement was short-lived, though, because his volume had attracted someone larger and more hungry than he. A low hiss sounded from behind him, and before he could even turn around, he felt the sharp pains of the goose’s beak near his hind end. ”Agh! Ma, whaddo I do?!” Otterpaw quickly turned around to face the goose, but Ashflight hadn’t taught him anything about geese yet. Hopefully his mama would know what to do.

The goose used Beaked Thrust, dealing -10 Health Points and using -15 Stamina Points.

Otterpaw:
10/20 HP [-10]
60/60 SP

Birdsong:
60/60 HP
140/140 SP

Goose:
55/55 HP
155/170 SP [-15]

♛  Site Baby Sister  ♛

Last edited by Maple on Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Family Ties [Otterpaw]   Family Ties [Otterpaw] EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 2:18 pm

The member 'Maple' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 9

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Family Ties [Otterpaw]   Family Ties [Otterpaw] EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 4:09 pm

Birdsong purred at Otterpaw's clear excitement, whiskers twitching in amusement at the praise. "You-" She'd began affectionately, only to cut herself off in alarm. Goose, why did it have to be a goose? She launched herself forward with a hiss, slamming into the obnoxious, large bird and pinning it roughly to the ground. Otterpaw had asked what to do... Had Ashflight not practiced combat training with him yet? Furiously, Birdsong raked her claws through the bird's feather's, traces of affection and humor gone as the only thing she was focused on was protecting her kit.

"The belly and eyes are weak points, but be careful of the wings and teeth. Geese are nasty birds." Having mentored several apprentices that had had many a hunt interrupted early in training, Birdsong was able to keep her voice level as she called instructions to Otterpaw. "I'll keep it pinned as long as I can."

Birdsong used leap and hold on goose for -15 sp, dealing -10 damage. Goose is pinned for 2 turns.

Otterpaw

10 / 20 HP
60 / 60 SP

Birdsong
60 / 60 HP
125 / 140 SP (140 - 15)

Goose pinned 1/2
45 / 55 HP (55 - 10)
155 / 170 SP

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Last edited by kjSage on Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Family Ties [Otterpaw]   Family Ties [Otterpaw] EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 4:09 pm

The member 'kjSage' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 5

Back to top Go down
Maple
Former Staff
Former Staff
Maple

Leo Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Family Ties [Otterpaw]   Family Ties [Otterpaw] EmptyMon Jan 10, 2022 12:52 pm

“Uhh… Okay!” Otterpaw panicked a bit, but took a deep breathe and launched himself toward the bird, careful to stay away from the wings like his mother had advised. Claws unsheathed, he raked them as deeply as he could across the birds eyes, resulting in an awful squawking sound and crimson red dripping from each score mark across its face. Thinking quickly, Otterpaw batted it around a bit as well, trying to make use of the time he had as quickly as he could.

Otterpaw used Front Paw Strike and Desperate Blows, dealing -10 HP points and using -14 Stamina Points.

Otterpaw:
10/10 HP
39/60 SP [-14]

Birdsong:
60/60 HP
125/140 SP

Goose:
35/55 HP [-10]
155/170 SP

The Goose is still pinned.

♛  Site Baby Sister  ♛

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Family Ties [Otterpaw]   Family Ties [Otterpaw] EmptyMon Jan 10, 2022 7:37 pm

Birdsong raked her claws down the goose's back with a hiss, keeping the bird pinned. It was struggling, but it was growing weaker. Otterpaw showed good instincts by slashing at the oversized bird, and Birdsong nodded at her son in approval, though her attention was focused on keeping the bird away from him for as long as she could. Which... probably wouldn't be for much longer, her claws had drawn blood, and the bird's feathers as well as her own paws were slick with it.

Birdsong continued leap and hold for -15 sp, dealing -10 damage.

Otterpaw

10 / 20 HP
39 / 60 SP [-14]

Birdsong
60 / 60 HP
110 / 140 SP (125 - 15)

Goose -pinned 2/2-
25 / 55 HP [35 - 10]
155 / 170 SP

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
Maple
Former Staff
Former Staff
Maple

Leo Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Family Ties [Otterpaw]   Family Ties [Otterpaw] EmptySat Jan 15, 2022 11:42 am

Sensing that Birdsong wouldn’t be able to hold the bird for much longer, Otterpaw stepped back a bit and thought for a moment… And came up with an idea. Approaching the bird, Otterpaw waves his paws around wildly, trying to grab its attention so it would stop trying to break loose. Then, very suddenly, Otterpaw dropped the ground beneath him, tongue lolling onto the snow. He peeked through just one eye ti make sure the bird was thoroughly confused, and then jumped up from his place and slashed the bird’s neck with sharp claws.

Otterpaw used Play Dead, dealing -8 Health Points and using -5 Stamina Points.

Otterpaw:
10/20 HP
34/60 SP [-5]

Birdsong:
60/60 HP
110/140 SP

Goose:
17/55 HP [-8]
155/170 SP

The goose is no longer pinned.

♛  Site Baby Sister  ♛