Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

take me to the lakes, far away from here [death topic]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
khamosa

khamosa

Characters : [B]rindlepaw | [V]ioletsky | [F]oxflower
Clan/Rank : [B] Thunderclan Apprentice | [V] Skyclan T2 Warrior | [F] Windclan Permaqueen
Pisces Rat
Number of posts : 1557

take me to the lakes, far away from here [death topic] Empty
PostSubject: take me to the lakes, far away from here [death topic]   take me to the lakes, far away from here [death topic] EmptyFri 24 Dec 2021 - 9:05

The walls that protected the warriors' den from the leaf-bare still weren't enough to stop Mistlebright from shivering, her body unusually cold even for the season. She had found no amount of nest could stop the chill, buried deep into her bones. A few times she'd considered going to Basilbloom, but put herself off, convinced she just wasn't used to the cold. But her once bright eyes had dimmed, no longer carrying the sparkling wonder that had always been a constant. Today, she had slipped out of her patrols, muttering about how she needed to rest. And she did, but was unable to sleep and instead lay restless in her nest.

From where Mistlebright lay, she could see a slither of clear sky, the last stars of the night scattered across the darkness, just pin-pricks of light in the distance. At this time, many in the clan were returning from patrols, not yet asleep in their dens but sharing food. The young warrior had lost her appetite as wells as her energy, but it hadn't lasted long enough for anyone else to notice. Or if anyone noticed, they chose not to mention it.

Even after all this time had passed, the idea of having her parents and Brighteye watching brought comfort. She picked out a star for each of them, all three clustered close together, sparkling brightly. Her brief moment of still was interrupted by a harsh cough that had picked up very recently. As long as Basilbloom didn't spot her cough, she'd be fine. No use wasting herbs so precious in leaf-bare on a tickle in her throat.

Soon the stars faded, and Mistlebright whispered a farewell, knowing they would return soon. Without anything to watch, she eventually drifted into a disturbed sleep.

Calm, deep sleep took its time to arrive, and when it did, it brought with it a bright and colourful dream, a reminder that leaf-bare wasn't the only weather the forest saw. Everything shone a little brighter, each pine needle and puddle and bug, a rose-tinted memory of her kit hood, where although not always warm, better than the cruel frost that gripped the forest now. For a while Mistlebright walked, her movements feeling more real than usual in a dream, although she didn't fully notice at first. She was content with relishing in the surroundings, a warm breeze occasionally ruffling her pelt.

A fluttering sound caught the she-cat's attention, and she quickly spotted a moth. If she wasn't mistaken, it was the moth she'd named Bright, the one she had talked to many times. The familiarity drew her paws closer, eager to regain the friendship. However, the pale moth, ghostly even in the sunshine, did not stay, and began to fly away. It stayed in sight, and Mistlebright, now set on catching up, went after it. Her pace gradually picked up until she was running, not wanting to be left behind.

She skidded to a halt as she almost bumped into another cat.

Brighteye? The white warrior stood before her, a solemn look on her face. Confused, Mistlebright questioned, "What are you doing here? I didn't know Starclan visited warriors."

She was completely oblivious to the reality of it, until, before Brighteye could reply, she was joined by another two cats, one grey and white, the other a brown tabby. Mistlebright's parents. "I'm sorry my kit," Hazelflower began, "but this is the end of you life with Shadowclan, although I wish it wasn't. We're here to take to Starclan." The two warriors moved to their daughter's side, and Mistlebright bowed her head. She thought she wasn't that sick, but now Dappledpaw had lost a mentor, and Mistyfalcon a kit. But now what happened was out of her control.

So she let herself be lead, up into the sky, joining the stars she had been watching moments before.

character profiles | plotting pages

↣ ↢
Brindlepaw | Thunderclan Apprentice | [20/60]
Violetsky | Skyclan T2 Warrior | [40/100]
Foxflower | Windclan Permaqueen| [50/80]
↣ ↢

deceased/missing: Brighteye, Dappleleaf, Yew, Mistlebright,
Magpiesight, Wisteriabloom, Primroselight, Muddythorn,
Silversnake, Finchpaw, Aoife
Back to top Go down

take me to the lakes, far away from here [death topic]
Page 1 of 1