Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Winter’s Creep [closed hunting!]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ginger

ginger

Characters : Mintpool of Thunderclan | Hollyshine of Skyclan | Cinderkit of Shadowclan
Number of posts : 687

Winter’s Creep [closed hunting!] Empty
PostSubject: Winter’s Creep [closed hunting!]   Winter’s Creep [closed hunting!] EmptyThu 16 Dec 2021 - 3:26

Ratpaw crept quietly, frost beneath his paws. The marsh had steadily grown colder, moon by moon, until it became almost a glacial version of itself: set with trees dripping icicle claws and snow packing the ground, freezing the normally soft earth below.

It made everything more bitter, and colder, and less inviting; even prey withdrew. But it was also beautiful.

Ratpaw’s tail swayed low, barely brushing the white beneath. He did not mind it; not truly.

His quarry, snuffling softly, grew ever closer. And Ratpaw’s yellow eyes blinked, keen in the darkness.

A step. And then another… yet one more…

And — it was his. Ratpaw came down on it swiftly and sharply, snapping the creature’s neck in a practiced movement. In a moment the dark-furred rodent, a marsh rat, hung limply from his jaws. Thin, it barely weighed a thing.

Mintpool | Thunderclan T3 Warrior | 45/90 | Shamrock #33cc66
Cinderkit | Shadowclan Kit | 10/30 | DarkGray | #87CEEB
Hollyshine | Skyclan Tier 3 Warrior | 50/120 | Crimson #cc0000

Last edited by ginger on Thu 16 Dec 2021 - 3:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15121

PostSubject: Winter’s Creep [closed hunting!]   Winter’s Creep [closed hunting!] EmptyThu 16 Dec 2021 - 3:26

The member 'ginger' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 3

Winter’s Creep [closed hunting!] Mistpe10
Winter’s Creep [closed hunting!] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightpaw [F]alconkit [Fo]xkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T4 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Apprentice [F] WindClan Kit [Fo] Unborn SkyClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2529

PostSubject: Re: Winter’s Creep [closed hunting!]   Winter’s Creep [closed hunting!] EmptyThu 16 Dec 2021 - 4:56

"Good job, Ratpaw," Webshadow's smooth voice rose from his shadowy hide as he weaved his way over towards his apprentice, feathery tail swishing through the snow. The dropping temperatures, the earlier bout of snow, it had all been gradual; now with the sudden cold snap, it seemed like leaf-bare was racing towards them with outstretched claws. Webshadow's tail crooked, fine powder clinging to his fur. The worst of their seasons was here, and... Ratpaw was doing well.

Moving closer, Webshadow gave the rat a nod. Thin, but it was to be expected this time of year. "I know I said I would stay out of the way, but I wanted to comment on your first catch, at least." Snow-dusted tail flicked against Ratpaw's flank, and the older cat gave a quick smile before returning to his typical neutral expression. "Leaf-bare will be hard. For the Clan, but for us, too; we don't exactly blend in." Webshadow's gaze wandered down to his own forelegs, dark fur stark against the snow and ice that had enveloped their marsh. Even under the cover of night, it felt like the moon only made the white drifts glitter and shine brighter.

"You've gotten a lot better. I am sure you will be a warrior soon." Ratpaw had grown, quite a bit. He was taller now, and he seemed less like the kit Webshadow had dragged into sparring.

At the thought of sparring, Webshadow's ear flicked. His jaws parted, and it looked as if he was considering speaking, then quickly decided against it. Phantom murmurs about the skirmish with WindClan echoed against his ears, and his nose wrinkled at the thought. He wanted to address it, he did, but he couldn't seem to find the words. Giving Ratpaw a long, searching look, eventually the tabby just shook his head and shrugged.

"Carry on with your hunt, Ratpaw. I am going to try to catch my own prey, but I will be here if you need me. Try not to, though." The words bounced back against his ears, and Webshadow swiftly corrected, "Not that I do not want you to. You are free to come to me– consider this an assessment, though." Satisfied with that elaboration, he slipped away as if he'd never been there at all. It wasn't long before he found a thin rat of his own, claws hooking into it swiftly before finding a place to bury it under the snow.

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T4 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightpawRiverClan
Apprentice
#5B31AD
[not pictured]
FalconkitWindClan
Kit
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxkitSkyClan
Kit
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!

Last edited by downfive on Thu 16 Dec 2021 - 4:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Winter’s Creep [closed hunting!]   Winter’s Creep [closed hunting!] EmptyThu 16 Dec 2021 - 4:56

The member 'downfive' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

Characters : Mintpool of Thunderclan | Hollyshine of Skyclan | Cinderkit of Shadowclan
Number of posts : 687

PostSubject: Re: Winter’s Creep [closed hunting!]   Winter’s Creep [closed hunting!] EmptySun 19 Dec 2021 - 1:55

Ratpaw would’ve been startled — his mentor appearing suddenly from the snow, of all places — but… if he was being honest, part of Ratpaw had been expecting the tom. Perhaps not right then, but his mentor was attentive, for all he might seem otherwise. Responsible.

If Webshadow wasn’t close by, Ratpaw would’ve been more surprised. At the praise, his tail curled. “Thanks,” he mewed softly, setting down his catch, and giving his mentor a brief smile in return. It seemed as if Webshadow had a mini-lecture to give, as he often did — about some quality around them, or how Ratpaw might approach something. But it was only a comment on the weather.

It was true, though. Ratpaw hadn’t realized what a gift his black fur was, in the night, until he had started hunting. Without direct lighting, to other creatures, he nearly vanished. But… winter had altered the surroundings, and the snow seemed to shine in the marsh, even when the moon was thin. So Ratpaw… was adjusting, and Webshadow knew it himself, as well.

Thankfully, hunting came smoothly to Ratpaw. Like a frog to the marsh. His senses had never been keener; at the clan’s need, he had been out on the frozen marsh often, searching for prey that was sometimes elusive. More and more so, as the frost grew. But it was a quiet endeavor, one that required listening, watching, waiting. And these weren’t any trial for Ratpaw.

It felt good, too, to commit to something — and take care of his clan, a little at a time. It always pleased him to see a clanmate eat his prey.

Ratpaw was lost in that trail of thought when he heard his mentor, and looked up sharply. A warrior? That was a surprise. But Webshadow said it so naturally, and easily.

Was he…?

Ratpaw had grown; he knew it, too, when he’d walk among others and realize they didn’t seem like giants anymore. Especially Webshadow. But… then he’d look down at his paws, and part of him only felt the same. The Ratkit that was so awed by Murkystar was…still a bit awed by her, as the Ratpaw who had seen her ferocity in person. Things had happened, but he still felt the same, deep down.

Ratpaw was still a bit stunned by the idea when Webshadow dismissed him. The young tom head tilted slightly, however, at the correction in his mentor’s words — and nodded. ”I understand.”

The words before it — about soon being a warrior — gave the instructions more. He was being assessed. Not… to ensure he had proper form — Ratpaw hadn’t needed that help in a long while — but… for more than that. His ears twitched. And in that moment his dear mentor vanished, in search of his own prey.

Webshadow was gone. (Ratpaw still wondered how he did that.)

Like before, he knew his mentor would not be far — with the added reassurance of words, and that was always comforting. But now he knew Webshadow was watching for a different reason, and it set something in him alight.

It made his next catch more thrilling, as he cut off a young rabbit. It went down in a brief struggle, and he felt a flash of happiness — they moved fast and had strong kicks, but Ratpaw had managed.

Mintpool | Thunderclan T3 Warrior | 45/90 | Shamrock #33cc66
Cinderkit | Shadowclan Kit | 10/30 | DarkGray | #87CEEB
Hollyshine | Skyclan Tier 3 Warrior | 50/120 | Crimson #cc0000

Last edited by ginger on Sun 19 Dec 2021 - 2:13; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Winter’s Creep [closed hunting!]   Winter’s Creep [closed hunting!] EmptySun 19 Dec 2021 - 1:55

The member 'ginger' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 2

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightpaw [F]alconkit [Fo]xkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T4 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Apprentice [F] WindClan Kit [Fo] Unborn SkyClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2529

PostSubject: Re: Winter’s Creep [closed hunting!]   Winter’s Creep [closed hunting!] EmptySat 1 Jan 2022 - 2:47

With his rat hidden beneath the drifts, Webshadow quickly fell into his usual steady lope as he trailed Ratpaw. His sleek form weaved over and between roots, through frost-bitten ferns; despite a lifetime of being trained in stealth, he still felt exposed this season. It didn't feel like an assessment much at all, when he thought about it that way; if he really wanted, Ratpaw could only turn over his shoulder and find his mentor lurking just there. Shaking out his pelt, Webshadow lowered himself to pass through an especially brittle cluster of brambles, ignoring the way the thorns tugged at his fur.

The shape of a rabbit, stout and still somehow fat, caught his attention. He watched through narrowed, curious eyes. Rabbits weren't exactly ShadowClan prey, and it would be impressive to see one brought home. As he watched Ratpaw raced after it, eventually bringing it to its careful end, Webshadow slowly nodded. "Good," He whispered, hoping his voice didn't carry far.

Emerging from the bramble patch, Webshadow trotted on, careful to give Ratpaw a reasonable berth. Just close enough where he could see him, and even that didn't seem necessary; Ratpaw had grown fast. Webshadow didn't think he was wrong, in saying the younger cat would be a warrior soon.

His whiskers twitched at the thought. Ratpaw had grown fast. He'd shaped up to be a fine apprentice, and would be an even better warrior once he earned his name. A little rumble left Webshadow's throat as he stalked on. I am proud of him. I am proud I did not lose this one. A beat in his thoughts, then he silently added, I am glad WindClan did not take him. With the warmth of pride blooming in his chest, he moved on. A thin squirrel caught his attention, but it seemed he'd caught it too late; just as he moved towards it in earnest, it bolted away for the trees. Just as well, then. He was plenty content to keep his focus on Ratpaw for now.

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T4 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightpawRiverClan
Apprentice
#5B31AD
[not pictured]
FalconkitWindClan
Kit
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxkitSkyClan
Kit
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!

Last edited by downfive on Sat 1 Jan 2022 - 2:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Winter’s Creep [closed hunting!]   Winter’s Creep [closed hunting!] EmptySat 1 Jan 2022 - 2:47

The member 'downfive' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 3

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter’s Creep [closed hunting!]   Winter’s Creep [closed hunting!] Empty

Back to top Go down

Winter’s Creep [closed hunting!]
Page 1 of 1