Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

For Your Next Lesson... [Closed for Zeeps 'N' Stars]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rush

Rush

Characters : (R)obinpatch/ (B)lackpanther/ (O)spreyquill/ (F)rozenlake
Clan/Rank : (R)-RC SW(T5)/ (B)-RC NAW(T1)/ (O)-SC NAW(T1)/ (F)-DF Cat (Stationed in TC)
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 591

For Your Next Lesson... [Closed for Zeeps 'N' Stars] Empty
PostSubject: For Your Next Lesson... [Closed for Zeeps 'N' Stars]   For Your Next Lesson... [Closed for Zeeps 'N' Stars] EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 3:11 pm

For Your Next Lesson... [Closed for Zeeps 'N' Stars] Robinpatch-Fullbody-1
Robinpatch
≑≑≑≑≑≑≑≑≑≑≑≑≑≑≑≑≑≑≑≑≑≑≑≑≑≑≑≑≑≑≑≑≑≑≑≑≑≑≑

"Alright kid. Here we are." he announced to the young tom trailing behind him. Beech Copse. One of the best places to hunt non-water dwelling critters. This was to be the setting for Pinepaw's second lesson in hunting. Hunting in the river came more naturally to their clan than hunting on the land but they still did both quite frequently. However, the snow and low temperatures that came with leaf-bare were making the land hunting difficult. He was still going to teach his apprentice the techniques anyway. Even if they don't manage to catch anything, if Pine learned, he'd classify this as a success.

"I've already explained what we were doing today back at the camp. Hunting land prey is much different than hunting fish. You need to do more things to prepare for one. All this snow will make this harder but we'll try our best. Even if we aren't able to catch anything, if you learn anything from this, I'll take it as a success." The older tom beckoned the other closer. "Like last time, I'll be explaining while demonstrating so you can see how it works instead of just listening to me talk. However, this time, you'll need to stay back a bit more. I'll need more space to do this."

Robin stretched his limbs so he could warm up more. He needed to feel his paws so he could finally start. "Okay. First step is to scent the area around you. You need to use all your senses to try and find something to catch. Keep those eyes, ears, and that nose of yours as sharp as your claws. However, like before, you need to be aware of your surroundings so nothing can sneak up on ya while you're busy. Don't want to be taken as prey by something else." The tom opened his mouth a bit to begin scenting, ears twitching around and eyes scanning the area surrounding them. There! He could faintly scent a toad. "Next, once you've found something, you'll need to use the hunting crouch to sneak up on it. To do this crouch, ya need to drop down," he proceeded to do so, "Keep your paws apart like this," the warrior separated his paws so they were all an equal distance from each other, "And keep your tail barely above the ground. Don't drag it cause it makes noise and don't lift it up unless ya wanna signal to everything that you're going to hunt them." The calico-colored cat lowered his tail to an acceptable height. "Now, start sneaking to the direction of your prey. Make sure it doesn't see you or it'd be over before you can even get close enough. While you move, keep your weight distributed among your paws or you'll go lopsided. It's a bit tricky so try your best." The warrior's voice was beginning to quiet down as he was nearing his target.

The older tom paused at a safe distance from the toad. "Now, once you're there, bunch up those back legs. Bring out your claws and never let your prey leave your sight unless you have to. Then, once all that's done..." he trailed off. A beat passed. He pounced, claws ready to snatch the bumpy creature.

Gotcha! A crooked grin made it's way onto the tom's maw. Thank Starclan. He gave it a quick, killing bite then stood up to look at his apprentice. "Now, I want you to try. I'll be close by if you need any help but I'll give ya space like you did for me. If you can't get the hunting crouch right, I can step in to fix your position." The warrior stepped away and then signaled for the other to start.

★Robinpatch successfully caught a toad! It cost him -5 SP (135/140 SP).★

#ff9933 / #202A44 / #5F9EA0
Sig by Arcana:

Last edited by Rush on Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15019

PostSubject: For Your Next Lesson... [Closed for Zeeps 'N' Stars]   For Your Next Lesson... [Closed for Zeeps 'N' Stars] EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 3:11 pm

The member 'Rush' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 2

For Your Next Lesson... [Closed for Zeeps 'N' Stars] Mistpe10
For Your Next Lesson... [Closed for Zeeps 'N' Stars] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Moths in the Sky

Moths in the Sky

Characters : (P)ineheart, ✝ (R)ainpaw, ? (M)aggotpaw ? [S]nailpaw
Clan/Rank : (P) Riverclan Tier I Warrior, (R) Thunderclan App (M) Skyclan Apprentice [S] Riverclan Apprentice
Number of posts : 423

PostSubject: Re: For Your Next Lesson... [Closed for Zeeps 'N' Stars]   For Your Next Lesson... [Closed for Zeeps 'N' Stars] EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 4:06 pm

Pinepaw listened as Robinpatch explained what he was doing, Different positions and ways to hunt went into his mental notes, He wanted his head clear for this session, He was certain he wouldn't let his Mind of Imagination (as he dubbed it) Take control again.

Pinepaw, while still listening, fixed into a crouching position, Having a bit of trouble as he almost fell over, He got it after a bit, But still suspecting something would be wrong with his positioning, He made his tail just go down, Small tail benefits, He sat back up after a few seconds and continued with the lesson.

His mentor catches a Toad, Pinepaw, Having suspicions that positions and hunting techniques won't be the exact same for every creature, Sniffs the toad after it's been killed, To get familiarized with the scent, so he too can find one.

"Bingo." he whispered to himself, as to not scare any prey away

He sniffs the air, After scenting a toad, He gets down onto his haunches and gets into a crouch, Keeping his tail low, and stalks towards the toad.

As he stalks towards the prey, Some clouds roll out of the way, Leaving the sun to shine, While warming him up, He realizes he casts a shadow now!, He attempts to leap but it's too late, The toad notices and hops away.
Pinepaw misses, 5sp Used! 20hp/55sp
(I think it's been awhile since last time, so now he has 55, -5 from this hunt, do correct me!)

Tom

Faceclaim(s):

Last edited by Zeeps 'N' Stars on Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: For Your Next Lesson... [Closed for Zeeps 'N' Stars]   For Your Next Lesson... [Closed for Zeeps 'N' Stars] EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 4:06 pm

The member 'Zeeps 'N' Stars' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 7

Back to top Go down
Moths in the Sky

Moths in the Sky

Clan/Rank : (P) Riverclan Tier I Warrior, (R) Thunderclan App (M) Skyclan Apprentice [S] Riverclan Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: For Your Next Lesson... [Closed for Zeeps 'N' Stars]   For Your Next Lesson... [Closed for Zeeps 'N' Stars] EmptyMon Dec 20, 2021 3:38 pm

Pinepaw becomes DETERMINED. That was just bad luck. He wouldn't leave this without some prey that he caught!, He uses this energy to sniff out another bit of prey to catch, He sniffed around, Nothing, Until he sniffs out a squirrel. "Not much, But I'll get it this time." he whispers, quietly bounding towards his prey, he crouched when he got a bit closer, He just wanted to get this bit of prey. He wanted a reward, he wasn't ready to give up, No matter how much Robinpatch would say it was okay to fail. He just wanted some affirmation from learning, From catching something. So he knew he was improving. He leapt at the squirrel, With only four words circling in his mind.

Let me catch this.
Even if he catches a small runt of a squirrel. He wanted this. Even if he needed to climb. He just wanted to get another thing instead of just 'He learnt from this'

(OOC: the 'He just learnt from this' is not him saying anything)s

He catches something, But dust and soft snow flew up!, It takes him a second to realize he caught the squirrel!, He realizes afterwards that his thoughts were slightly Irrational, But he caught it, And he was at peace with his mind for now

Pinepaw caught the Squirrel! 5sp was Taken [20hp/50sp]

Tom

Faceclaim(s):

Last edited by Zeeps 'N' Stars on Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: For Your Next Lesson... [Closed for Zeeps 'N' Stars]   For Your Next Lesson... [Closed for Zeeps 'N' Stars] EmptyMon Dec 20, 2021 3:38 pm

'Hunting Dice' : 1

Back to top Go down
Rush

Rush

Clan/Rank : (R)-RC SW(T5)/ (B)-RC NAW(T1)/ (O)-SC NAW(T1)/ (F)-DF Cat (Stationed in TC)
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: For Your Next Lesson... [Closed for Zeeps 'N' Stars]   For Your Next Lesson... [Closed for Zeeps 'N' Stars] EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:02 pm

Robinpatch

As he kind of expected, the younger tom had missed his first catch. It took a bit of trial and error to get land hunting right for anyone. Pine just needed to keep on trying. He was well aware that his apprentice wasn't someone to give up easily. He was quite the stubborn youngster. Robin just hoped that Pine's luck would only go up from here.

The calico-furred tom moved away a bit to give the other more space to work with. Pinepaw was at it again and the warrior couldn't help but hold his breath as he watched the apprentice stalk a squirrel. Only a few moments passed before Pine pounced. The snow had blocked his view for a moment but once that cleared, a smile began to form on his maw. The kid did it.

"Good job kid! Nice catch. Good sized squirrel too. It'll make a fine meal." he praised as he shot him a grin. "See? With a bit of practice and some luck, you can get things done. Your determination will serve ya well as a warrior." The warrior rolled his head on his neck to rid of the cricks that were forming. "Alright. Let's try to catch one more each and I'll-" Robin trailed off as his eyes tracked movements behind the apprentice. It was faint but any good warrior could spot the movements fairly easily. A flash of reddish-orange was all he needed to jump into action. "MOVE!" he growled at Pinepaw as he shoved him out of the way and bowled over the beast before it could even get another step in. Thankfully, it went down rather easily due to it's attention having been solely on the younger cat.

The experienced warrior hissed but held his ground when he felt the fox's unforgiving jaws clamp down on his left foreleg. "Foxdung!" he spat and ripped his limb from it's grasp before the creature could snap it in two. "Pinepaw! Help me out here will ya kid?? I got it distracted. I know you've never battled anything before but just try to pin it down with your body. It may be bigger than you but with enough force, you can keep it down for a bit." The calico turned back to glare at the snarling beast. He  silently prayed for the kid to do as he was told. They needed to tag team this in order to either chase it off or kill it.

Robinpatch used Jumping Strike on Fox dealing -13 (10+3)[HP] and using -7 [SP].
―――――――――――――――――――――――――
∎Robinpatch:
[HP]: 60
[SP]: 128 (135-7)

∎Fox:
[HP]: 47 (60-13)
[SP]: 180

∎Pinepaw:
[HP]: 20
[SP]: 50

Fox used Iron Bite on Robinpatch dealing -17 [HP] and using -30 [SP].
∎Fox:
[HP]: 47
[SP]: 150 (180-30)

∎Robinpatch:
[HP]: 43 (60-17)
[SP]: 128

∎Pinepaw:
[SP]: 50

Sig by Arcana:
Back to top Go down
Moths in the Sky

Moths in the Sky

PostSubject: Re: For Your Next Lesson... [Closed for Zeeps 'N' Stars]   For Your Next Lesson... [Closed for Zeeps 'N' Stars] EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:20 pm

Pinepaw was glad to hear some encouragement from Robinpatch, Giving a small nod to let him know that he appreciated it, He saw some Bright orange from the corner of his eye as Robinpatch said to catch one more... But the bright orange wasn't Robinpatch, It was a fox. It must've been attracted to the fresh blood-scent coming off from the kill. Pinepaw hesitates before making a leap to try and pin down the fox in front of him.
The fox struggles from the extra weight, And pinned down for a bit

💥Pinepaw uses Leap and Hold, The fox is pinned down Fox for 1 Turn! Takes 6 HP Uses 15 SP
Pinepaw (20HP 35SP) (50-15)

Fox (41HP 150SP) (47-6)

Robinpatch (43HP 128SP)

Tom

Faceclaim(s):

Last edited by Zeeps 'N' Stars on Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: For Your Next Lesson... [Closed for Zeeps 'N' Stars]   For Your Next Lesson... [Closed for Zeeps 'N' Stars] EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:20 pm

'Effect Dice' : 2

Back to top Go down
Rush

Rush

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: For Your Next Lesson... [Closed for Zeeps 'N' Stars]   For Your Next Lesson... [Closed for Zeeps 'N' Stars] EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 7:53 pm

Robinpatch

"Atta boy! Now let's see how it likes this!" he grunted out as he quickly dove in and snapped his own jaws on the predator's side. He tugged for good measure and backed away. He noticed the apprentice's hold slipping and decided to warn him as soon as the younger tom got another hit in. "Pinepaw, be careful and back away kid. You won't be able to hold it down for much longer."

The warrior became even more worried when the orange-furred beast began to double it's efforts in struggling free. He eyed Pine and hoped the apprentice would be able to jump away in time.

Robinpatch used Snap on Fox dealing -10[HP] and using -7 [SP].
∎Robinpatch:
[HP]: 43
[SP]: 121 (128-7)

∎Fox:
[HP]: 31 (41-10)
[SP]: 150

∎Pinepaw:
[SP]: 35

Fox is no longer pinned!
∎Fox:
[HP]: 31
[SP]: 150

∎Robinpatch:
[SP]: 121

∎Pinepaw:

Sig by Arcana:
Back to top Go down
Moths in the Sky

Moths in the Sky

PostSubject: Re: For Your Next Lesson... [Closed for Zeeps 'N' Stars]   For Your Next Lesson... [Closed for Zeeps 'N' Stars] EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 9:23 pm

Pinepaw wasn't able to pin it down much longer, Knowing that he needed to let go, He let go of the fox and he got off, As it got free, The fox looked at Pinepaw, And glanced at Robinpatch every few seconds. Pinepaw knew he was going to be targeted, And swipes at the fox with unsheathed claws, while he tried to hid his fear, He couldn't have expected this from the innocent hunting session he thought it was going to be.

💥Pinepaw leaps away and uses Front Paw Strike!

Pinepaw (20HP 28SP) (35-7)

Fox (25HP 150SP) (31-6)

Robinpatch (43HP 121SP)

Tom

Faceclaim(s):

Last edited by Zeeps 'N' Stars on Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rush

Rush

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: For Your Next Lesson... [Closed for Zeeps 'N' Stars]   For Your Next Lesson... [Closed for Zeeps 'N' Stars] EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 4:14 pm

Robinpatch

He could tell the moment that Pinepaw let go of the fox that he wasn't going to make it out of the way in time. The apprentice seemed to believe that too from the frightened looks he was giving Robin. The warrior felt his eyes widened as the scene played out in slow motion. One minute the younger tom had struck the fox with his claws then he released it and attempted to scramble away. The next minute, the fox had sprang up and it took a strong hold of Pine's scruff. "P-PINEPAW!" yowled out the warrior as he urged his frozen legs to leap forward and aid his apprentice. However, he was too late.

The calico watched on in shock and fury as the young tom was shaken then tossed aside by the snarling beast. He felt red, hot anger washing over him in waves. Guilt had also taken residence within his core. He should've been faster! He should've taken Pine's place! The warrior felt himself begin to waver...No! He needed to stay strong. This fox has just earned itself a death sentence courtesy of Robinpatch.

Robinpatch had finally snapped out of it and he surged at the fox and bit it's chest with his harsh jaws. He only let go when it seemed like it was about to return the favor. The warrior looked over at Pine's body but was instantly relieved to notice that he was alive and just stunned by the attack. "Kid! If you can hear me, stay there! Rest and get your strength back up." He turned back his attention to the predator and growled. He was going to stand his ground no matter what!

Fox used Thrash on Pinepaw dealing -10 [HP] and using -15 [SP]. Pinepaw is stunned for 2 turns!
∎Fox:
[HP]: 25
[SP]: 135 (150-15)

∎Pinepaw:
[HP]: 10 (20-10)
[SP]: 28

∎Robinpatch:
[SP]: 121

Robinpatch used Snap on Fox dealing -10[HP] and using -7 [SP].
∎Robinpatch:
[SP]: 114 (121-7)

∎Fox:
[HP]: 15 (25-10)
[SP]: 135

∎Pinepaw:
[HP]: 10

Sig by Arcana:

Last edited by Rush on Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: For Your Next Lesson... [Closed for Zeeps 'N' Stars]   For Your Next Lesson... [Closed for Zeeps 'N' Stars] EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 4:14 pm

The member 'Rush' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 4

Back to top Go down
Moths in the Sky

Moths in the Sky

PostSubject: Re: For Your Next Lesson... [Closed for Zeeps 'N' Stars]   For Your Next Lesson... [Closed for Zeeps 'N' Stars] EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 4:36 pm

Pinepaw was shaken up, Figuratively AND Literally, He needed to rest, He was tired. He watched as Robinpatch goes HAM on the fox, Pinepaw was happy that the fight was almost over. He wanted to sleep, But it wasn't safe, Not yet, Not now, He couldn't, He felt so tired.. He decided to lie down.. He could barely move, Nevermind be able to speak, he was so tired!

💥Pinepaw is stunned!
Pinepaw (10HP 28SP)

Fox (15HP 135SP)

Robinpatch (43HP 114SP)

Tom

Faceclaim(s):

Back to top Go down
Rush

Rush

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: For Your Next Lesson... [Closed for Zeeps 'N' Stars]   For Your Next Lesson... [Closed for Zeeps 'N' Stars] EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 12:05 am

Robinpatch

Relief overwhelmed his senses for a brief moment when he noticed Pinepaw move from his peripheral vision. Thank Starclan that he was alive. He seemed quite out of it but the tom was sure he'd be good as new with some rest. For now, he had to focus on the fight.

Unfortunately for Robin, his attention wasn't ready enough for the speed that the fox possesses. He let out a yelp when he felt his injured limb come into contact with the fox's teeth once again. Sweet Ivystar that hurt! Stars swarmed his vision but he shooed them away. There was no time for this! He couldn't afford to baby a broken arm. He could feel himself growing tired however, what kept him standing was that the fox wasn't doing any better. In fact, he might even say it looked worse. Good. He needed to hurry and finish this.

The calico-colored tom snarled and ripped his limb from it's grasp once again -already fed up with the constant pain in his arm. Both parties stumbled a bit but Robin managed to recover first. "You stupid thing!" he spat as he shoved it down and pinned it with his weight. He then moved to it's neck and bit it as hard as he could. He had to readjust several times due to it's thrashing but he stayed strong. The yelps and screeches it let out satisfied the tom immensely. Once he felt it's final bits of life ebb away, the tom released his hold and stumbled off the limp creature. It was over. The fox was dead.

Fox used Iron Bite on Robinpatch dealing -17 [HP] and using -30 [SP].
∎Fox:
[HP]: 15
[SP]: 105 (135-30)

∎Robinpatch:
[HP]: 26 (43-17)
[SP]: 114

∎Pinepaw:

Robinpatch used Killing Bite on Fox dealing -15[HP] and using -10 [SP]. Fox is now dead!
∎Robinpatch:
[HP]: 26
[SP]: 104 (114-10)

∎Fox: (K.O!)
[HP]: 0 (15-15)
[SP]: 105

∎Pinepaw:

Robinpatch grunted as he put preassure on his sore foreleg. Didn't seem broken but it was going to hurt these coming days for sure. He licked his maw to rid of as much of the blood as he could before turning his attention back to Pinepaw. The apprentice still seamed weary but okay. He slowly made his way over to him and slowly sunk down so he could be face to face with him. "Pinepaw? You doing alright kid? The fight's over now. Fox is as dead as ever..." The warrior looked behind him before continuing, "You think you'll be able to stand and walk? We need to get ourselves checked out back at camp...If you can't, I guess I can carry ya..." Could he though? He had try anyway.

Sig by Arcana:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For Your Next Lesson... [Closed for Zeeps 'N' Stars]   For Your Next Lesson... [Closed for Zeeps 'N' Stars] Empty

Back to top Go down

For Your Next Lesson... [Closed for Zeeps 'N' Stars]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: RiverClan Territory :: Beech Copse-
Jump to: