Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Hunting Lessons [Swiftpaw]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw [H]oneykit [C]loudkit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Kit [C] WC/Kit
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5715

Hunting Lessons [Swiftpaw] Empty
PostSubject: Hunting Lessons [Swiftpaw]   Hunting Lessons [Swiftpaw] EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 1:30 pm

OOC: Please read over the Hunting System, as well as the Hunting System Tutorial. If you roll a 10 (or decide to summon a predator for the requirement, I can RP them until you're familiar with the systems) we'll also be utilizing the Battle System.

"Come on, Swiftpaw." Mistyfalcon didn't have to wait long, his daughter was as excitable as ever tonight. Being excited to start training was a good thing, though there was a part of him that wondered how long that excitement would really last when she eventually experienced all the things that came with being an apprentice. He led her from camp, stopping a short distance away where the ground was relatively dry for the territory. That meant it wasn't really dry at all, and with leafbare approaching the ground was cold and muddy. The nights had grown longer and colder, and the stars and moon only offered so much light. Mistyfalcon could smell vole and shrew on the breeze, as well as a few other prey animals. It would be a good spot for a beginner to learn.

"I'll be teaching you to hunt, tonight. Before you catch anything, you'll need to work on the hunter's crouch, first." He began, dropping effortlessly into the crouch as he spoke. "Bend your legs, but you don't want your belly touching the ground. Your tail, haunches and shoulders should be straight, with your tail held still."

"You can scent prey, but they can scent you, as well. They'll also hear you if you rustle leaves or are unaware of your surroundings. Try the crouch first, when you've got the hang of that we'll see about catching something." He continued to hold himself in the crouch while he spoke. A visual demonstration was often better than just listening to a cat speak.

Skyclan Leader | Characters | Plotting

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC
T5 Elder
#702fd8
SwandiveRC
T3 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpawSC
App
#867b6b
HoneykitSkC
Kit
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudkit [Bonus]WC
Kit
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
Stoneheart [Perma NPC]SkC
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2885

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Lessons [Swiftpaw]   Hunting Lessons [Swiftpaw] EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 1:51 pm

Swiftpaw: 20 HP / 60 SP

Swiftpaw followed Mistyfalcon closely, she looked around excitedly seeing things outside of camp for the first time

wow she whispered to herself quietly taking it all in, the new sights the new smells she couldnt wait to explore everything her mind raced thinking of all the fun they could have.

She had to focus her mind from wondering stay in the present she told herself.

She listened patiently as Mistyfalcon explained to her the hunters crouch.

She imitated it the best she could her belly was off the ground, her haunches and shoulders were straight, but her tail was sticking up too much.

"how's this?" she whispered quietly mindful of not to be too loud

she asked looking up at her mentor for approval

OOC
Ok cool i have read through both of these and think I understand them so should be all good there just correct me if I do something wrong :) I really hope I dont get a 10 on my first hunt XD, I just pick a prey type roll for it and edit my post based on the roll i get.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw [H]oneykit [C]loudkit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Kit [C] WC/Kit
Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Lessons [Swiftpaw]   Hunting Lessons [Swiftpaw] EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 2:09 pm

OOC: Correct! We're also using the leaf-fall rolls for the dice rolls. If you roll a 10 immediately we can fight something with low HP like an owl.

Mistyfalcon looked over Swiftpaw's form as she attempted the hunter's crouch. She had picked things up quickly, which was a good sign, though her tail did stick up a bit too much. It was a common mistake with newer apprentices, but an easy one to correct. "Very good, Swiftpaw. Be mindful of your tail." He mewed softly.

"Okay, now look around, do you scent anything? Prey smells a bit different than when it's been sitting on the fresh kill pile." The scents of prey were strong in the area, so he didn't think that Swiftpaw would have too much trouble picking up on something. Catching prey was always a different story... And if something was foolish enough to interrupt their hunt, Mistyfalcon figured it could come back to their fresh kill pile as well. Not the ideal way to start combat training, but it was an experience that his apprentices seemed to always go through on their first hunt.

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC
T5 Elder
#702fd8
SwandiveRC
T3 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpawSC
App
#867b6b
HoneykitSkC
Kit
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudkit [Bonus]WC
Kit
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Lessons [Swiftpaw]   Hunting Lessons [Swiftpaw] EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 2:20 pm

Swiftpaw smelled the air the best she could.  Being out of camp for the first time there was alot of new smells and they all flooded her senses.  It was hard to pick up any one particular thing it was just a giant wave of new inputs she was not used to.

she took a few deep breaths trying to clear her mind and tried again.  Still nothing!
She frowned looking back to Mistyfalcon "erm its kinda hard to pick out any one smell it all kinda just blends together right now" she meowed in a low whisper.

Just then a rustling of dead leaves sounded to her left, her ears perked up and she flicked her tail in that direction signling to Mistyfalcon she was going to try and catch whatever was over there.

A squirrel was sitting on a branch a little above the ground it was gathering food for the long winter ahead. Swiftpaw kept low but flicked her tail at the worst possible time tipping the squirrel off. It scampered up the tree right as Swiftpaw lept up at it. Unfortunatly, the squirrel had just evaded her claws, the prey scampered up high into the tree squeaking loudly as if taunting her in her failure.

Swiftpaw hung her head low her first try had not worked bummer.

OOC:
Ok so this is my first hunt hopefully I do this right... and hopefully I get a good roll.  I am going for a
Squirrel

Effects: -3 sp

Swiftpaw now has 57/60 sp

More Swiftheart

Last edited by swiftpelt on Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15124

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Lessons [Swiftpaw]   Hunting Lessons [Swiftpaw] EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 2:20 pm

The member 'swiftpelt' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 5

Hunting Lessons [Swiftpaw] Mistpe10
Hunting Lessons [Swiftpaw] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Lessons [Swiftpaw]   Hunting Lessons [Swiftpaw] EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 2:36 pm

He'd been about to tell her to use her other senses, but before he could her tail flicked and she turned. Mistyfalcon nodded, giving her an encouraging smile. She went for it... Ah, squirrel. It evaded her, darting further up into the branches and safely out of reach.

"You'll get the hang of it. It's only your first time out of camp." Mistyfalcon said, "Your form is good, for a beginner. And squirrels are difficult to catch." They weren't Skyclan or Thunderclan.

"There's a shrew in the grass over there. Think you can try again?" He pointed with his tail towards where the little rodent was, sensitive ears having picked up on the soft scuffling of the creature's paws.

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC
T5 Elder
#702fd8
SwandiveRC
T3 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpawSC
App
#867b6b
HoneykitSkC
Kit
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudkit [Bonus]WC
Kit
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Lessons [Swiftpaw]   Hunting Lessons [Swiftpaw] EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 2:43 pm

Swiftpaw purred very quietly at the reassurance.  She knew she would have plenty of time to improve.  

Just then her mentor pointed to another chance.

ok come on dont mess this up. I can do this she thought positively.  She crouched low and stalked closer to it.  She did her best to try and remember and copy what Mistyfalcon had shown her but still did not have it quite perfect.

she waited until she could jump at it.  She leaped forward suddenly and hit it more out of luck than anything else and sent it flying, it was stunned by the blow so she was able to scoop it up in her jaws.  She bit down snapping its tiny little neck.  She felt weird doing it but she was happy that she could finally help to feed her clan

she smiled wide with pride looking back at her mentor her mouth full of shrew.  "oho i gt et, cn yo belve et? she said her voice muffled by the rodent.

she padded back over to Mistyfalcon full of happiness "I thnk I got lcky" she meowed.

Effects:
-3 sp
swiftpaw now had 54/60 sp.

OOC: I am rolling for shrew / (Rodent) which requires a 1-8... however since my character is so new to hunting I am going to say it is actually a 1-5 chance. (hopefully this is okay I dont think it would break the rules too much let me know).

More Swiftheart

Last edited by swiftpelt on Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Lessons [Swiftpaw]   Hunting Lessons [Swiftpaw] EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 2:43 pm

'Hunting Dice' : 3

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Lessons [Swiftpaw]   Hunting Lessons [Swiftpaw] EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 3:51 pm

Swiftpaw crept after the shrew he'd indicated, and Mistyfalcon kept quiet and still, not wanting to distract or otherwise spoil her chance of catching something. Swiftpaw leapt at the rodent when she was close, and Mistyfalcon smiled as she turned to him with the shrew held in her jaws.

Not the cleanest catch, but then no first kill ever was. She'd caught the prey, that was what mattered. Cleaner kills would come with more experience, and Swiftpaw would get plenty of time to practice. "Good catch!" Mistyfalcon purred, "You can put it in that dip in the ground, and cover it with dirt of moss. It'll help mask the scent from anything else while we continue hunting."

A noise caught his ears and he turned, intending to catch something of his own as well. Another shrew, he realized, and sank into a crouch, silently stalking towards his target. He lunged forward when he was close, quickly nipping the shrew's throat. He turned to bury it, and would then keep an eye on Swiftpaw's progress.

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC
T5 Elder
#702fd8
SwandiveRC
T3 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpawSC
App
#867b6b
HoneykitSkC
Kit
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudkit [Bonus]WC
Kit
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Lessons [Swiftpaw]   Hunting Lessons [Swiftpaw] EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 3:59 pm

Swiftpaw burried the rodent as instructed.  she watched her dad / mentor kill another shrew.  

she purred impressed.  "You make it look easy" she complemented "A true natural".  she purred

She padded a little distance away smelling for new prey.

She saw a rabbit a little ways away luckily she was downwind of it so it was easy to pick up its scent and not give herself away. She lept at it but the rabbit was very suprisingly fast it bounded away with great speed swiftpaw gave chase but it was pointless as the nimble rabbit was able to squeeze between some very tight bushes that she could not get through.

Foxdung she cursed frustrated. She shrugged oh well there will be more chances.

Effects: -3 sp

51/60 sp

More Swiftheart

Last edited by swiftpelt on Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Lessons [Swiftpaw]   Hunting Lessons [Swiftpaw] EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 3:59 pm

'Hunting Dice' : 8

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Lessons [Swiftpaw]   Hunting Lessons [Swiftpaw] EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 4:28 pm

Mistyfalcon smiled to himself as Swiftpaw went after a rabbit. They were tough to catch for most clans that weren't Windclan, but they had a lot of meat on them compared to the smaller rodents, lizards and frogs that Shadowclan usually had on their fresh kill pile.

Unfortunately, the thing had taken off quickly. Smart move, for the rabbit. Once Swiftpaw grew a bit more and was used to hunting, she'd be faster, but rabbits and hares would always be difficult. They were even for Mistyfalcon, though he'd managed to catch more than a pawful of them in his time.

"Don't worry, they're a tou--" He began to speak, then glanced up at the soft rushing of wind over his head. Without thinking he lunged for the owl as it dove for Swiftpaw, not at all happy with the bird's decision to go after an untested apprentice.

"Swiftpaw, get back!" This was not how he'd planned to start combat training, and he would rather she not get hurt in a fight. If she wanted to assist... Well, at least the owl was less dangerous than a snake going up against a kit.

Owl used Talon Strike on Swiftpaw for -10 sp, dealing -7 damage.
Mistyfalcon used Jumping Strike for -7 sp, dealing -10+3 (bonus, owl unaware) damage.
Night Finesse is active, +1 damage to Shadowclan attacks.

Mistyfalcon
70 / 70 hp
153 / 160 sp (160 - 7)

Owl
16 / 30 hp (30 - 13 - 1)
80 / 90 sp (90 - 10)

Swiftpaw
13 / 20 hp (20 - 7)
51 / 60 sp

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC
T5 Elder
#702fd8
SwandiveRC
T3 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpawSC
App
#867b6b
HoneykitSkC
Kit
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudkit [Bonus]WC
Kit
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Lessons [Swiftpaw]   Hunting Lessons [Swiftpaw] EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 4:39 pm

Swiftpaw screamed when she was hit hard by something she scrambled back up to her paws shaking her head from the hit. She flailed around desperate to hit back at the attacker she managed to get a couple good blows in. She quickly got up to her paws again and saw her dad attacking the owl as well

She charged at it and clawed at it with her front paw.

Swiftpaw used Desperate Blows for 7 sp and 4 damage
Swiftpaw used Front paw strike for 7 sp and 6 damage

Mistyfalcon
70 / 70 hp
153 / 160 sp (160 - 7)

Owl
6 / 30 hp (16 - 4 - 6)
80 / 90 sp

Swiftpaw
13 / 20 hp
37 / 60 sp (51 - 7 -7)

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Lessons [Swiftpaw]   Hunting Lessons [Swiftpaw] EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 5:10 pm

OOC: I added in the +1 damage from the night finesse passive for you, though the owl was dead either way lol.

Swiftpaw's blows to the owl weren't clean or practiced, but her claws drew blood all the same. The owl recoiled from the barrage of strikes, and before it could lash out with talons again, Mistyfalcon sank his fangs into the back of the owl's neck, yanking backwards hard. The owl went still, flopping to the ground as Mistyfalcon let go and turned towards Swiftpaw. Her bright fur was spattered with blood from her wounds.

"That wasn't how I wanted to introduce you to battle training." he sighed, briefly nuzzling the top of Swiftpaw's head. "Go get the shrew you caught, we'll bring the prey and the owl back to camp and get you to Basilbloom, okay?" Her wounds didn't look too serious, but it was better safe than sorry. The shrew he'd caught wasn't far, and he quickly retrieved his own catch before returning and picking up the owl.

Mistyfalcon used Snap for -7 sp, dealing -10 damage.
Night Finesse is active, +1 damage to Shadowclan attacks.

Mistyfalcon

70 / 70 hp
146 / 160 sp (153 - 7)

Owl -dead-
0 / 30 hp (5 - 10)
80 / 90 sp

Swiftpaw
13 / 20 hp
37 / 60 sp

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC
T5 Elder
#702fd8
SwandiveRC
T3 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpawSC
App
#867b6b
HoneykitSkC
Kit
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudkit [Bonus]WC
Kit
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Lessons [Swiftpaw]   Hunting Lessons [Swiftpaw] Empty

Back to top Go down

Hunting Lessons [Swiftpaw]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Territory-
Jump to: