Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Of Shadowclan Blood [C]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Characters : Falconmoon, Auburnrain, Sagefeather, Asmodeus, Snowkit
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 3056

Of Shadowclan Blood [C] Empty
PostSubject: Of Shadowclan Blood [C]   Of Shadowclan Blood [C] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 4:47 pm

Marshmallow had received her warrior name at long last. He'd been happy for her and was content to let her sit quietly for her vigil the first night. Afterward however, he waited at the exit to camp for her, hoping he could go on a patrol with her that night. The night was especially chilly and a bit windy, but his medium-length fur protected him at least somewhat against it. As the two of them patrolled deeper into Shadowclan territory, an uncomfortable, awkward silence had fallen onto them. It only now occurred to Burningwing that he had no idea how she felt about him personally. Far from the most popular tom in the clan, this was a legitimate concern. "Well, this is your first patrol as a fully-recognized warrior. Does it feel any different?" Stars, why was he so horrible at this? Why would it feel any different? His patrol only felt different because he didn't have some annoying half-breed thinking she knew more than he did following him around. His apprenticeship had been vomit-inducing, but he'd gotten through it. Marshmallow might not have had that same problem with her mentor. Freckleface was dead, and quite honestly, Burningwing was entirely too pleased with that. One less scourge in the clan to think about how to get rid of.

A mouse was spotted at the roots of a tree and Burningwing dropped into a crouch. He used the shadows to close in. Like a wraith he slipped in and out of them disappearing almost entirely in the cover of darkness. He leaped forward onto it, aiming to dispatch it as quickly as possible. He prided himself on killing things faster than they could react to dying. It was a clean and well-placed kill, when he hit. One strike... one kill. Anything less than that was a failure. Alas, his claw went right through the back of the skull and ended the mouse's life without even the slightest struggle. A few last wiggles of it's tail was all it could manage before it went still.

Burningwing attempted to catch a mouse, he was Successful! -3SP

Falconmoon | Skyclan | Tier 5 Warrior #66ccff X
Auburnrain | Windclan | Tier 3 Warrior #CC9900 X
Sagefeather | Shadowclan | Tier 3 Warrior #99cc99 X
Asmodeus | Rogue | Tier 3 Rogue #960502 X
Snowkit | Skyclan | Kit #996699 X
Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

*** CLICK THE X'S BY THE NAMES OF THE CATS FOR CREATION TOPICS ***

Last edited by Tara on Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15121

PostSubject: Of Shadowclan Blood [C]   Of Shadowclan Blood [C] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 4:47 pm

The member 'Tara' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 3

Of Shadowclan Blood [C] Mistpe10
Of Shadowclan Blood [C] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Memories

Memories

Characters : [Fi]nchkit
Clan/Rank : [Fi] ThunderClan Kit
Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 1128

PostSubject: Re: Of Shadowclan Blood [C]   Of Shadowclan Blood [C] EmptyFri Dec 03, 2021 6:21 am

Marshmallow had stayed half asleep during her vigil. The light was so bright it hurt her eyes a little. How do the other clans get used to such a bright light all the time? Everything felt slightly different, she wasn't usually a quiet cat either, but she survived the day. Her name, too, that would need getting used to. Marsh... mallow? Mallows grew in marsh, but she didn't know what it really meant. Did Murkystar think she was nice or calm or something... plant-y? The moon had risen much earlier than she thought it did, it was strange seeing it in the light blue sky before it was dark out. When the sky started to darken, and day turned to dusk, Burningwing had asked her to go on a patrol with him. She was unsure for a few seconds, she was a little tired after staying up all day.

As the two headed off into the territory, it became unsettlingly quiet. She didn't know what to say, she didn't know much about the tom, only that he was really against half-bloods and rogues. She couldn't blame him, after all, the rogues invasion had to be a bit scary. Not that she thought Burningwing was scared or anything. She looked up at Burningwing a few times, expecting him to say something, but when he finally did, it startled her a little. "Well... Not exactly, I guess I feel a bit prouder. I worked hard for this, and I got what I wanted- but I'll admit, it was hard without a mentor most of the time." She admitted, tail swaying. She stopped walking when Burningwing turned his attention to something else, a mouse. Oh right. This was a hunting patrol, not a walk around awkwardly and fail at smalltalk patrol.

She lifted her head and tried to scent out prey. She sniffed for a bit before finally catching a scent in the air. Lizard. She hadn't had a lizard before, strange, seeing as she was in Shadowclan. Well, she found that frogs and toads had a really good taste so that became most of her diet. The occasional mouse or rat, too, but they're hard to avoid in Shadowclan territory. She lowered herself as the reptile, a green lizard with spikes running down it's back, came into her vision. Wiggling her haunches, she prepared to leap. She didn't see that she was under a tree branch and hit it. Causing a lot of noise and scaring the thing away. She shook her fur of any leaves and grumbled to herself as she walked away. "Foxdung." She muttered, returning to Burningwing. "First hunt as a warrior and I lose a lizard, I had everything right, but there was a tree branch above me and I hit it. The mousebrained thing ran away." She flicked her tail, upset, but in a somewhat playful way.

Marshmallow attempted to catch a lizard and... Failed... -3 SP (Marshmallow)

Marshmallow -

77/80 SP

Last edited by Merryies on Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Of Shadowclan Blood [C]   Of Shadowclan Blood [C] EmptyFri Dec 03, 2021 6:21 am

The member 'Merryies' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 9

Back to top Go down
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Characters : Falconmoon, Auburnrain, Sagefeather, Asmodeus, Snowkit
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 3056

PostSubject: Re: Of Shadowclan Blood [C]   Of Shadowclan Blood [C] EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 11:53 pm

Burningwing nodded at her answer. That made sense, he supposed. His paws slid silently into a puddle that had been in his path, about ankle deep, before he just as silently slipped it out onto dry ground again. Marshmallow had gone after something, giving Burningwing a moment to think. He had talked to very few she-cats, all of which were an authority figure of some kind... and now he was regretting his decision to stay so focused on his training that he felt... inept at best... talking to mollies. She returned, preyless, and began to speak about the lizard she had missed.

"Well I mean... It does happen. It's not an indication of poor skill, even more experienced hunters still lose prey." He did his best to be encouraging. Was he... doing it right? As if Starclan was trying to help him in his endeavor, he spotted a hare just then. He sunk into a low crouch, never having been able to catch these fuzzy windclan beasts before. As he shouldn't. He was a Shadowclan cat.

He slipped from shadow to shadow and closed in on the creature. He leaped, claws and teeth at the ready.

Burningwing attempted to catch a hare! He was Unsuccessful -3SP

The hare bolted away with break-neck speed and Burningwing's claws landed on nothing but empty air. He looked back at Marshmallow and shrugged. "See? It happens." He returned to her and the awkwardness of not knowing what else to say reared it's ugly head again. Well now what?

"Sooo... I'm not going to claim to be the best hunter, but I can definitely spare some time to go on patrols with you if you wanted further instruction." He inwardly cringed even at his own words. Stars why was this so hard??? He waited for her to respond, though his lips were pressed together and he braced himself as if waiting for an attack. Hopefully he hadn't just offended her...

Falconmoon | Skyclan | Tier 5 Warrior #66ccff X
Auburnrain | Windclan | Tier 3 Warrior #CC9900 X
Sagefeather | Shadowclan | Tier 3 Warrior #99cc99 X
Asmodeus | Rogue | Tier 3 Rogue #960502 X
Snowkit | Skyclan | Kit #996699 X
Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

*** CLICK THE X'S BY THE NAMES OF THE CATS FOR CREATION TOPICS ***

Last edited by Tara on Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Of Shadowclan Blood [C]   Of Shadowclan Blood [C] EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 11:53 pm

The member 'Tara' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 8

Back to top Go down
Memories

Memories

Characters : [Fi]nchkit
Clan/Rank : [Fi] ThunderClan Kit
Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 1128

PostSubject: Re: Of Shadowclan Blood [C]   Of Shadowclan Blood [C] EmptyWed Dec 08, 2021 7:16 am

Marshmallow tilted her head as Burningwing attempted to... Encourage her? That felt strange, he seemed like a cold tom, especially when half clan cats or rogue were involved. Before she had time to reply, the brown tom slunk off again.

Sniffing the air, she scented some sort of Windclan-y scent, before spotting it herself. A hare. What was it doing here? She didn't really care enough to wonder about it before Burningwing appeared again, empty-pawed. "Yes, it's just about every day a Shadowclan warrior attempts to catch a hare." She smiled, her tail tip flicking. Did Burningwing have a sense of humour? If he did, he didn't have a good way of showing it.

She flicked her tail in a bored manner as Burningwing started to blabber something about going on a patrol with her. "You're definitely not the best hunter, but I don't think even the best hunter in Shadowclan could catch a hare all the time perfectly without getting hurt... Did you even pay attention to the size of that thing? It was almost as big as you!" She playfully nudged him with her paw. Hesitating a little after a finishing it. Hopefully he wouldn't bite her paw off or something. "Oh, yeah, we could definitely go on more patrols together, if you want to get to know eachother more."

He was very confusing, but maybe spending more time with the warrior could help her understand him more.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Of Shadowclan Blood [C]   Of Shadowclan Blood [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

Of Shadowclan Blood [C]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Territory-
Jump to: