Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Basilkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Characters : Alive: Rookfire(Rk), Kitespring(K), Ambersun (Am) StarClan: Buzzardclaw(B), Pebblestorm(P), Rushpaw(R), Waspkit(W), Snakepaw(S), Cardinalpaw(C), Briarpaw(Br), Rowanpaw(Ro), Wrenbreeze(Wr), Heronflight(H), Acornfall(A), Larkfeather(L), Badgerpaw(Ba), Shrikesong(Sh), Foxspark(F), Heronpaw (He), Poppycloud (Po) Unknown: Alderbloom (Al)
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 2372

Basilkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Basilkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Basilkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyWed 11 Aug 2021 - 18:48

Rookfire padded into the nursery, searching for Basilkit's face. The black tuxedo didn't know if she would want to be a medicine cat, but he could at least offer the position to her as his apprentice. He needed to train his successor anyways, and it would almost be perfect for her to get an opportunity to help the clan.

Rosethorn's sudden asthma attack - which Rookfire was too far away to deal with properly - helped give the black tuxedo a harsh reminder that he couldn't be in two places at once. He needed to find and train another cat to be able to heal like he could, and Basilkit could be that cat. Finding the she-kit laying in a nest, he walked up to the kit. "Hey, Basilkit, can I talk to you for a sec?" he said.

pfp by the amazing xaandiir!

Basilkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Image10
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

PostSubject: Re: Basilkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Basilkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptySat 14 Aug 2021 - 9:04

That evening, Basilkit was having trouble falling asleep.  Her mother was busy doing other things and hadn't yet joined her in their almost too small nest, and an odd fluttering feeling had taken over her stomach.  She felt anxious, but why?  Today was an ordinary day with its ordinary routine of doing nothing, and tomorrow would be the same.  Sighing, the petite she-cat sat up and began to groom her soft fur, smoothing out the tangles.  Her pelt had become one like an adult cat, almost all of her kitten fluff was gone, giving it a more smooth and mature appearance.  Like Mama.  A small smile appeared on her face as she pictured Murkystrike's beautiful tortoiseshell pelt, high up on the Tallrock.  It faded quickly though, as the familiar nagging reminder ran through her head.  Except, I'll never get to stand before her and become an apprentice.  In the back of her mind, Basilkit wondered if her mother was ashamed of her, of having a useless, un-apprenticeable burden of a child.  Her father too, he was a high-ranking warrior in his own right, what if someday it damaged his reputation?  These were dark thoughts, but they had become so normal to her that she barely even flinched away from them anymore.  Her grooming done, Basilkit flopped back down in her nest, normally sunny amber eyes now dull and lifeless.  What even is my purpose here, if I can't do anything to help anyone?

A voice suddenly jolted Basilkit out of her mourning, turning with wide eyes to see the half dark, half light form of Rookfire standing in the nursery.  Getting to her paws, she purred a friendly greeting; she had gotten to know the medicine cat quite well over the moons, as he regularly checked up on her condition, but his presence also brought with it fear for her.  Fear of hearing something that she didn't want to know.  "S-Sure Rookfire, what's going on?"  The tom-cat's tone wasn't particularly worried, maybe it could even be described as happy, but Basilkit was convinced that his next words would be the final kick to her hopes and dreams.  Am I being sent to the elder's den, or forced to stay in the nursery forever?  Or...am I being kicked out?  No, Mama and Papa wouldn't let that happen...I hope.  Her unsteady heart had begun to beat faster and faster, and now the anxiousness lay plain on the she-cat's face.  Looking up at Rookfire, she whispered, eyes wide with fear; "Did...did you and Flintstar decide what to do with me?"

Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Characters : Alive: Rookfire(Rk), Kitespring(K), Ambersun (Am) StarClan: Buzzardclaw(B), Pebblestorm(P), Rushpaw(R), Waspkit(W), Snakepaw(S), Cardinalpaw(C), Briarpaw(Br), Rowanpaw(Ro), Wrenbreeze(Wr), Heronflight(H), Acornfall(A), Larkfeather(L), Badgerpaw(Ba), Shrikesong(Sh), Foxspark(F), Heronpaw (He), Poppycloud (Po) Unknown: Alderbloom (Al)
Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Basilkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Basilkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptySat 14 Aug 2021 - 20:11

Rookfire nodded. "Yeah," the black tuxedo said. "We were thinking that you could be my apprentice." Honestly, it was one of the best ideas that he'd ever came up with. "Being a medicine cat doesn't require as much physical work as being a warrior does, and you can help out in camp. I also happen to need an apprentice, so I think that it would be perfect." The ShadowClan medicine cat smiled at the apprentice-aged she-cat. "So, what do you think?"

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Basilkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Basilkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptySun 15 Aug 2021 - 14:59

For a moment, it felt as if Basilkit's heart had completely stopped, wide eyes scanning the medicine cat's face to check that he was, indeed, serious.  His words clearly registered in her mind, but after moons of doubting and submitting herself to fate...it didn't feel real.  It only took a moment though for reality to fully sink in, and finally, Basilkit's young face blazed to life with the brightest smile she had ever experienced.  "Yes...yes, YES!"  With an astonished cry of a laugh, Basilkit leaped forward and embraced Rookfire, looking up at the medicine cat with teary amber eyes.  "Thank you Rookfire, thank you so much!  I could never explain how much this means to me..."  Her voice was on the verge of breaking, but she forced herself to take a deep breath; as much as she wanted to jump and yell and cry for joy, it could wait.  Besides, it wouldn't do much good for her heart.  Pulling away to stand on her own, Basilkit mimicked how she had seen her friends and siblings act around their mentors, and dipped her head respectfully.  "I accept your offer, and I can't wait to learn how to be a medicine cat!  When do we start training?"  Despite her steady words, the tortoiseshell she-cat's paws shuffled excitedly.  Wow, I thought that maybe I could be a medicine cat, but I wrote it off a long time ago...thank you StarClan, thank you Flintstar!  I'm finally going to have a place and a purpose...it's almost too good to be true!

Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Basilkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Basilkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptySun 15 Aug 2021 - 20:17

Rookfire nodded, a smile on his face. "Okay, I'll give you your apprentice name. Basilkit, you will now be known as Basilpaw." He didn't know what exactly to say, but he thought that it was enough. "I'll take you to the Moonstone so you can talk to a StarClan cat."

=TIME SKIP=

"See this big glowing rock? This is the Moonstone. Touch your nose to it, and you will talk to a StarClan cat." That was probably what was supposed to happen during a normal medicine cat apprentice ceremony, as the black tuxedo also talked to StarClan right after he was appointed as a healer by Iniko.

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Basilkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Basilkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyFri 20 Aug 2021 - 9:29

Basilkit's heart fluttered excitedly as Rookfire began the naming ceremony, and though it sounded a lot simpler than her sibling's promotions, the impact of her new name still hit her hard.  Basilpaw...Basilpaw, ShadowClan's medicine cat apprentice!  Grinning widely, Basilpaw couldn't help her squeal of joy.  However, when Rookfire said that they were going to the Moonstone, doubt overcame her.  That's really far...how am I supposed to get there?  To her relief, before they left Rookfire presented her with a few different herbs, a couple already familiar to her from previous treatments such as chamomile.  Though they tasted bitter, Basilpaw licked them up and swallowed, purring "Okay, let's go!"

Even with the strengthening herbs, by the time they reached the entrance to Mothermouth Basilpaw was exhausted and panting hard.  Great StarClan, I've never walked that far in my life!  I made it through...barely.  Following Rookfire into the tunnels, they walked in the dark for a long time, before a brilliant light bloomed at the end of their path.  Emerging into a wide chamber, Basilpaw looked up in awe at the Moonstone crystal, reflecting the light in a way that made their pelts appear white.  Following her mentor's instructions, she slowly approached the stone and laid down beside it, gently touching her nose to its surface as she closed her eyes.  Almost instantly, the blackness of sleep washed over the tortoiseshell she-cat, and when she next opened her eyes she was in an unfamiliar place, one that glittered like bright starlight.

Back to top Go down
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Tier 2 Warrior - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6735

PostSubject: Re: Basilkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Basilkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyFri 20 Aug 2021 - 10:36

"Welcome, Basilpaw." A pretty gray and white she-cat was before the newly-named appreciate. Across her maw was a soft-pleasant smile. The world around them was dazzling, reminiscent of the pine grove of Shadowclan. Glistening pale green eyes fell on Basilpaw, somehow standing out against a star-speckled pelt. Her tail flickered back and forth, pausing in this pursuit to beckon the newcomer forward. It had been quite sometime since she had stood before a young medicine cat. There was quite the journey at this kit's paws. So many seasons ago, Sageleaf remembered her own communing with Starclan. It had been an uneasy acceptance, a role she had never wanted, and one that pulled her away from her fallen brother.

The thought of Slatethroat caused her smile to briefly flicker to something more neutral before she straightened up and focused on the tortoiseshell cat before her. This was to be a pleasant occasion, a celebration, welcoming an apprentice into the sacred role of medicine cat... thoughts of her brother had no place here. As she meowed once more, the pleasant tone of her voice was silken, yet rang through the tiny clearing with surprising conviction, "You're about to walk a path that many cats have walked before you. This role is special - something that no other cat in your clan can offer. Guiding Shadowclan's leadership, tending the wounded, feeling the pain of lives lost at your paws, and connecting with the stars. This is a weight few can bear. But, I believe you can do it, Basilpaw. I will be here to help you walk the path you're meant to walk, little one."

She had briefly torn her gaze away to stare over the starry horizon, through the shade of the trees. There was a pause before Sageleaf spoke up again, "Starclan welcomes you as a medicine cat of Shadowclan. You will never be alone, even when your den or nest is empty, the stars will light your path."

Basilkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 2 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Basilkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Basilkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyMon 23 Aug 2021 - 14:04

As her eyes adjusted to the light, Basilpaw looked around at the place where she had awoken; it looked a lot like ShadowClan territory, but much more beautiful.  Getting to her paws, the little tortoiseshell gazed open-mouthed at the starlit trees and plants, taking a deep breath of the clean, fresh air.  An easy breath...it occurred to her suddenly that she hadn't felt blood rush to her head when she stood up, like in the living world.  Am I...healthy here?  Her astonishment giving way to a burst of excitement, Basilpaw couldn't help herself; for a minute she pounced, jumped, and ran around the clearing, tinkling laugh echoing off the pine trees, not even knowing that another cat had appeared.  

Skidding to a halt, Basilpaw felt a bit of embarrassment wash over her at the sight of the gray-and-white she-cat, but the StarClan cat's easy smile quickly put her at ease.  "H-Hello, it's nice to meet you!"  Padding towards the molly, she noticed that the air around her smelled like sweet herbs; had she been a medicine cat in life?  Before she could ask though, the older she-cat continued.  Basilpaw listened carefully to her words with wide eyes, suddenly feeling the weight of her choice begin to set in.  At first I was just looking at being a medicine cat as finding a reason to be useful, so I wouldn't be a burden on ShadowClan...it's so much more than that though.  Someday, when Rookfire is gone or retires, the whole clan will be looking to me for healing and guidance.  I'll be responsible for their lives, the lives of their kits and siblings, parents and friends...  For a moment, it almost felt like too much for her heart to take, but the StarClan medicine cat's encouragement gave her confidence, and she lifted her head to the challenge.  "Thank you.  I know it will be hard, but I've been given the chance to do something amazing with my life, which is more than I could've ever asked for.  I'll make sure to do my absolute best!"

With the she-cat's final words, Basilpaw closed her eyes and lowered her head.  I will never be alone...no matter what, someone will always be by my side.  Smiling, Basilpaw could feel herself waking up, the lightness was being replaced in her chest with familiar weight once more.  However, before she woke up she purred to the medicine cat one last time, friendly amber eyes gleaming in the starlight.  "See you again soon!  Oh wait, I forgot to ask you what your name was!"  Before she could hear any answer though, she was opening her eyes back beside the Moonstone, the cold stone floor making her shiver.  Was it the cold though, or her excitement?  Getting to her paws, Basilpaw flicked her tail at Rookfire before dashing to the exit.  "C'mon, let's get back to camp and start training!"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basilkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Basilkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Basilkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Camp :: Jaggedrock :: ShadowClan Ceremonies :: Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremonies-
Jump to: