Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Broken Clock [Closed for Honey Badger]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rush

Rush

Characters : (R)obinpatch/ (B)lackpanther/ (O)spreyquill/ (F)rozenlake
Clan/Rank : (R)-RC SW(T5)/ (B)-RC NAW(T1)/ (O)-SC NAW(T1)/ (F)-DF Cat (Stationed in TC)
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 591

A Broken Clock [Closed for Honey Badger] Empty
PostSubject: A Broken Clock [Closed for Honey Badger]   A Broken Clock [Closed for Honey Badger] EmptyWed 9 Jun 2021 - 17:14

It had taken him more time and effort to return back to the place he used to call his home -perhaps more than it was worth- but somehow, someway, he managed it. He was back on RiverClan soil, the place where he truly belonged, not some soft and weak kittypet hidey-hole or an alley that reeked of rotten twoleg leftovers where he'd been forced to fight tooth and claw for a chance at surviving. This was where he wanted to be. Despite the many, many moons since his capture by twolegs and his harrowing escapes and near-death experiences, the one thing that never left his thoughts was home. Back home with his father Jaystar and all his siblings and half-siblings, all the clanmates he loved and cherished that he'd been unfairly forced to leave behind. Oh, how he yearned for the river and the fishes, the scents given off by the rushing waters. All these faint memories of a better time for him were the one's that kept his head afloat and kept him from giving up entirely. His body ached, his stomach reminding him that he'd been lacking sustenance for a while now in his impatience to get back. He was weak and weary yet he kept up his brisk pace. He was so close and he could feel it.

He was close but days without rest now came rearing their ugly heads. His legs wobbled for a hot minute before he crumpled to the ground. His adrenaline was wearing off and everything that was wrong with him crashed upon his weak body all at once. To preserve what little pride he had left, he struggled his way up onto a sitting position and slumped his shoulders forward with a grunt. His paws were on fire. He most likely tore a claw or two on his way over but he just didn't care. He was going to allow his body some rest before trudging on. "StarClan, give me the bit of strength I need..." he rasped in a quiet tone, throat dry from the water he'd been lacking for a while. He couldn't stay here for long when he was super close. He was desperate for a drink but his four legs just couldn't hold him upright anymore, at least, not without some rest first. He was in a vulnerable state but hopefully he wouldn't be mistakenly attacked. He probably looked like a sore sight so maybe they'd be merciful enough to just leave him there.

#ff9933 / #202A44 / #5F9EA0
Sig by Arcana:
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 7390

PostSubject: Re: A Broken Clock [Closed for Honey Badger]   A Broken Clock [Closed for Honey Badger] EmptyWed 9 Jun 2021 - 17:29

It had felt like moons since Honeytongue had gotten a chance to walk the territory on her lonesome. She hadn't stepped out for a hunting patrol or even a border patrol - just a simple walk to enjoy the silence of the territory and relax just a little. With the sunlight beaming down, the warrior came to a stop to stretch out her limbs, eyes closing in bliss as she arched her back to embrace the sunbeams that dappled the territory. A yawn escaped her, taking in a breath before a scent caught her attention. Strange...Unfamiliar. A trespassing cat.

Her eyes flickered open as she straightened up, carefully trotting forward as she followed the scent with narrowed eyes. Finally, she spotted the stranger - an exhausted looking tom, a diluted calico who was painfully thin and looked to be on his last legs as it looked like he could barely keep himself in his sitting position. Her heart broke at the pitiful sight, knowing very quickly that this was a cat who had struggled to make it this far...But why? ...Oh, it hardly mattered - she couldn't deny a cat in need even if he was trespassing. Slowly she approached, ducking her head to make herself look smaller - not wishing to frighten the poor tom. "Hello?" she called out softly, coming to a stop as she studied him with a sad look. "...Do you need help?"

A Broken Clock [Closed for Honey Badger] ABC-Gang-Acornstar-2
Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckpaw ~ Eveningmoon
TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Rush

Rush

Clan/Rank : (R)-RC SW(T5)/ (B)-RC NAW(T1)/ (O)-SC NAW(T1)/ (F)-DF Cat (Stationed in TC)
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: A Broken Clock [Closed for Honey Badger]   A Broken Clock [Closed for Honey Badger] EmptyWed 9 Jun 2021 - 18:38

The somewhat comfortable tranquility didn't last long as his ears swiveled around once he started to hear very, very faint pawsteps heading his direction. He felt the fur on his neck stand as he felt his heart pound in his chest. He shouldn't of spoken so soon! He'd forgotten that the clans rarely left their territories devoid of anybody. He was practically a sitting duck!

In his slight panic, the tom missed the first time the mysterious cat spoke but managed to catch their next words. He turned his head quickly, probably giving himself whiplash, and stared at the unfamiliar figure with wide eyes. It took a few moments for the she-cat's words to sink in but once they did, he visibly relaxed, sagging with relief. She wasn't there to chase him off or attack him! Thank the stars! Robinpatch felt his face heat with mild embarrassment and shuffled his paws under the she-cat's gaze. The whole situation was slowly catching up in his head and he felt himself grow a bit irritable. He wanted to snap at her and tell her 'No! I don't want or need any help thank you very much!' but taking one look down and drinking in his slouched position, his matted fur, and his rather skinny frame, it was enough to make him reconsider that action. He desperately wanted to take all his frustrations and woes out on this stranger but that really wasn't what he needed to do at the moment. He needed to be civil and cooperative. He was pitiful and in no shape to piss someone off just because his pride couldn't face the facts. He. needed. help. Right now, he wasn't as strong or healthy as he used to be and accepting this unfamiliar warrior's help was the correct course to take.

"Hi. Um..." he began, rough voice making him inwardly flinch, "I-I do need some help..." Robinpatch trailed off as he slowly sat up straighter, forelegs protesting at the action. "I came a long way and I suppose you can clearly see how rough life's treated me. I'm...well...I'm actually here to go back home, back to RiverClan. It's why I'm here. I'm not really a stranger, well, maybe to you but I used to be a warrior of this clan like you. My name's Robinpatch. I was unfairly t-taken by twolegs many moons ago and was held enclosed in one of their dens far, far away. I managed to escape only to find myself in very unfamiliar territory. All that time, I was trying, trying so hard to get home and my determination has finally paid off seeing that I made it this far. I...I just don't know if I can take any more steps. I'm exhausted. Once I realized I was getting closer to the clans, I decided not to stop for nothing, even for sleep, to hunt, or for a drink. I-I just wanted to get back home. I was homesick. I missed my clan, missed my family. I'm not sure how much has changed and I'm afraid the others won't remember me. It's... it's just been so long..." The dilute calico's shoulder's hunched, eyes portraying moons of exhaustion and pain. He's been traveling for so long with little to no interactions that he'd almost forgotten what it was like to be in the presence of someone else. He felt safer than he's ever been. He just wanted to rest. Put all his misery in the past and live out the rest of his days in the clan he adored. Hopefully, just hopefully, this warrior would help him get back to the camp. He wanted to see his siblings, he wanted to see his father.

Sig by Arcana:

Last edited by Rush on Sat 12 Jun 2021 - 19:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: A Broken Clock [Closed for Honey Badger]   A Broken Clock [Closed for Honey Badger] EmptySat 12 Jun 2021 - 15:25

Honeytongue gave the poor tom a soft smile as his head snapped to look at her before he allowed himself to relax, seeming nervous as he tried to find the words to speak before he finally managed to find his voice. She listened silently as he went on, revealing to have once been a RiverClan cat named Robinpatch - captured by twolegs and only having managed to escape. It was his fear of nobody remembering, not knowing how much had changed that caused her heart to sink the most. "I...See," she finally said, taking in a deep breath.

"Well, I can certainly take to the camp - my name is Honeytongue. But...I must admit, that I don't really remember you which means...Things have changed since you have been gone," she admitted, giving a sad shake of her head. "Our current leader is Ivystar. If I don't remember you, you must have been taken when Jaystar was still leader but he passed the day I became an apprentice. We also had Torrentstar - Scorchclaw as a warrior - but he...He lost his lives earlier than we could have expected," she meowed, unsure of how to explain the fact that her father had been slain by StarClan themselves without striking fear into the tom. "But I'm sure that Ivystar will be willing to hear you out and give you a place within the Clan if you truly seek it, Robinpatch. We are pretty close to the camp - we can wait here until you regain your strength or we can set out now if you wish."

TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Rush

Rush

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: A Broken Clock [Closed for Honey Badger]   A Broken Clock [Closed for Honey Badger] EmptySat 12 Jun 2021 - 19:37

The fears that had been lurking among the shadows of his innermost thoughts suddenly bombarded him with intense feelings unlike he's ever experienced as they came to the forefront of his mind. The moment the she-cat -now better identified as Honeytongue- said the dreaded words, "Things have changed...", Robinpatch knew that no good news was to follow. So far, change hasn't yielded good outcomes for him... and what followed was something he could have never prepared for, not for many, many moons.

He...felt numb, as if he were sinking underwater. For the longest time, he couldn't move, couldn't say anything. What was there to say? To think? His father was dead. The anchoring presence that was with him since the beginning was no longer around. The only one he ever looked up to, who he loved the most, was gone. He never got the chance to tell him how much he meant to him, never got a chance to say goodbye. What had he done to deserve this? What cruelty had he committed to have so much taken away from him without a say? He never got a chance to see Scorch-Torrentstar take the reigns. He never got a chance to see his siblings grow and become proud Riverclanners. Were they even around at this point? Or were they also unfairly removed from his life?

After a while of internally battling himself, he managed to snap out of his profound daze. He must of looked like a sorry sight. Honestly, he felt like one. Everything just came crashing down in one fell swoop. The promises he made to himself, he just couldn't keep anymore. Was it even worth going back? He came this far only to find out that everyone he wanted to see weren't alive anymore. Robinpatch... just wasn't sure anymore. This...Ivystar...would she really take him back? The more he thought about it, the more perplexed he became. Even the name Ivystar brought back memories in more ways than one. Jaystar's mother was the prior leader who was named Ivystar. Robin was young when she passed but he still vividly remembered how stern yet motherly she was. He was well aware of how much the clan loved her and he, too, loved her. Ivy was also the name given to once of his half-siblings in Jay's second litter. The last time he'd seen any of his many, many siblings, most were still apprentices. He remembered little Ivypaw. He isn't sure if she'd remember him...or if she was also taken from him...

Although, there was still a chance- no. There was no way...right? This new Ivystar...couldn't be Ivypaw. Had his half-sister grown to succeed Torrentstar? He prayed to StarClan that it was true. Then not everyone was gone! Robinpatch needed to know. He needed to see. At that very moment, his answer was decided.

"I-I want to go. I need-I can't rest knowing that...well..." The tom trailed off as he shakily heaved himself up onto his paws. He had a hopeful spark in his eyes as he fully faced Honeytongue. There was a chance. "Your leader, Ivystar, are they one of Jaystar's kits?" Is she the one I'm thinking of?

Sig by Arcana:

Last edited by Rush on Fri 18 Jun 2021 - 23:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: A Broken Clock [Closed for Honey Badger]   A Broken Clock [Closed for Honey Badger] EmptySat 12 Jun 2021 - 20:05

Honeytongue felt her heart sink as she could see how hard her words was affecting him, wishing there was a way for it to be different. She remained seated where she was, letting the words sink into him as he struggled to make sense of it all. She couldn't imagine it was like - returning to an entirely new Clan. There was some comfort in that she always knew who was leader, if she was ever taken and returned to find out that Ivystar - and another leader - had been gone while she was away? She shook her head, knowing that she wouldn't take it any better. She was determined to give him the time to find his words after such news were deliverer, but she admitted that she was not expected the next sentence that came from his mouth.

"Ivystar? Yes, she was one of Jaystar's children. She doesn't speak of her father often - I believe there might have been some tension in their relationship before he died and knowing what that is like, I can't really blame her for not wishing to speak of him..." she drifted off, before she gave a shake of her head. "Ivystar is also my mate. I'm sure if anything, I can persuaded her to hear you out but she is very noble, I do not think she would turn you away as you are clearly a RiverClan cat." After all, she didn't think it was very common knowledge about Jaystar being her father and she couldn't imagine it being spread outside of RiverClan. She titled her head, giving him a look as she stood up on her paws, giving a stretch. There had been a flicker of hope in his eyes at that question, she had to assume that confirmation would be enough to make up his mind. "Is that all you needed to know? We should head back to camp and get you some fish while you explain your story to Ivystar."

*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Rush

Rush

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: A Broken Clock [Closed for Honey Badger]   A Broken Clock [Closed for Honey Badger] EmptySat 12 Jun 2021 - 20:40

Relief and what felt like joy washed over him at Honeytongue's confirmation. His Ivy was still alive! His little half-sister... If he hadn't made up his mind on the offer before, this reveal sealed the deal for him. He couldn't stop the smile that made it's way onto his face, he probably wouldn't even if he could. He was thrilled to have someone he knew there with him again. StarClan had not forsake him!

"That is all I needed. Thank you, Honeytongue, for helping me and showing me mercy. I wouldn't have been able to continue on the last stretch of my journey home without you." He offered the she-cat the most sincere smile he could muster. It wasn't hard since he really did mean every last word. If he'd been found by someone other than this kind warrior, who knows what might've happened? He was more than eager to head to the camp, back to where he belonged.

The tom, with renewed energy nodded for Honeytongue to lead the way and began to follow closely behind her but not before saying, "A fish sounds like a dream right about now. Haven't had one of those in a very long time..."

Sig by Arcana:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Broken Clock [Closed for Honey Badger]   A Broken Clock [Closed for Honey Badger] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Broken Clock [Closed for Honey Badger]
Page 1 of 1