Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

No More Nights Alone (c)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Characters : Turtlefur, Goldenstar, Lynxpetal, Creekpaw, Lightningpaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan Warrior, WindClan Leader, SkyClan Queen RiverClan Apprentice, WindClan Apprentice
Sagittarius Tiger
Number of posts : 8190

No More Nights Alone (c) Empty
PostSubject: No More Nights Alone (c)   No More Nights Alone (c) EmptyWed 2 Jun 2021 - 4:29

Juniperlight’s single yellow eye glinted in the early moonlight. It would be a full moon quite soon, perhaps a few nights from now. He sat serenely on the bank of the creek that cut through SkyClan territory. Though the water was low, the trickling sound and the call of crickets was lulling him into a deep sense of peace. The black tom was nearly asleep; he was much more of a morning cat. But he was expecting his brother, Wolfstar, to join him soon, and he remembered that his littermate liked the shroud of darkness. Juniperlight fondly remembered hunting in the snow around the creek with Wolfstar when they were younger and things were not so... hmm. Bleak seemed like an appropriate description, but the gentle tom was hesitant to put such a negative light on the current situation. He was home, the forest was healing, and SkyClan, though constantly in turmoil, was no more troubled than usual.

There was much to be grateful for. He raised his head to look through the gap in the trees at the swath of stars above.

Sun // Living Characters // Deceased Characters
No More Nights Alone (c) 713E5771-31B2-4EA8-B75F-EC3A67DB4C32
Turtlefur || Tom || RiverClan T5 Warrior || Requirements || #cc9900
Goldenstar || She-cat || WindClan T5 Leader || Requirements || burlywood
Lynxpetal || She-cat || SkyClan Queen || darkblue
Lightningpaw || Tom || WindClan Apprentice || #dfd47e
Creekpaw || She-cat || RiverClan Apprentice || #4c5682
Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1837

PostSubject: Re: No More Nights Alone (c)   No More Nights Alone (c) EmptyWed 2 Jun 2021 - 6:11

There was a list of things that Wolfstar had resigned himself to never doing again: curling beside Murkpelt and lending her his warmth on a cold night; looking out over the Great Ridge with Spottedstar, and discussing important clan topics; sitting around the fresh-kill pile with Mistrain and Adderflare. Once, hunting the territories at night with Juniperlight had been on that list, but here he found himself, on this warm Newleaf evening, and it was... to put it light, very strange.

As the trees parted and he could finally hear the trickling of the creek, Juniperlight's form materialized, and just in case, Wolfstar blinked a few times. A tiny part of him was still convinced that his brother wasn't really here, but... he was, and Wolfstar was so, so happy for it. He padded forward quietly, prowling up next to the other tom and gently rubbing cheek against shoulder with a quiet mumble in greeting. As Juniperlight didn't seem to be in a hurry, Wolfstar sat beside him, and the two enjoyed the quiet for a moment before the leader finally said in a low voice, colored with amusement. "You remember when that owl attacked us back here? When you were just an apprentice?" He smiled to himself, tail swishing against the grass. Like on schedule, an owl hooted, but it was far in the distance, and Wolfstar chuckled once.
Back to top Go down
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Clan/Rank : RiverClan Warrior, WindClan Leader, SkyClan Queen RiverClan Apprentice, WindClan Apprentice
Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: No More Nights Alone (c)   No More Nights Alone (c) EmptyWed 2 Jun 2021 - 14:29

The warrior purred at his brother’s touch. It had been some time since another cat had been so gentle with him. Wolfstar’s teasing question brought a smile to his face, and he exaggerated a flinch at the distant owl’s call. ”Like yesterday. I remember the snow and the frozen water and very desperately wanting that squirrel. Would you do it again? Take an owl’s talons to protect me?” He felt a bit selfish asking his brother that question. A sacrifice wasn’t a real sacrifice if you asked for it, was it? And besides, Juniperlight didn’t want Wolfstar to get hurt. He supposed he was just begging his brother for confirmation that he still cared, and he knew it was ridiculous. But still... doubts lingered in his mind, even though he knew it was unreasonable.

The night air was comfortable, warm with a soft breeze. He’d have to remember the direction of the air when they went hunting. His mind turned to the tricking water, the reflection of the moon, the soft grass and pebbles beneath his paws. The feeling of home was like a soothing salve over a fresh wound. Juniperlight purred wordlessly and rested his head on his brother’s shoulder, almost afraid he’d wake up and find it was all a dream.

Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1837

PostSubject: Re: No More Nights Alone (c)   No More Nights Alone (c) EmptyFri 4 Jun 2021 - 4:32

At Juniperlight's question, Wolfstar looked down, his amber-gold eyes full of affection for the younger tom. "Without hesitation, and a hundred times over," he said, swiping his tongue across the top of his brother's head. He drew in a long breath, then exhaled, his claws sinking into the soft ground beneath them as he nearly trembled with the effort it took to stay silent. He wanted to know everything... where he'd gone, if he'd found Spottedstar... how he'd been injured, and why upon his return he'd been marked by Twolegs... but Juniperlight  seemed so fragile to him now - perhaps not physically, but...

He glanced downward, eyes soft, and then nudged Juniperlight softly with his shoulder. "I missed you, you know?" he said, quiet, genuine. "When I thought you were gone, I..." emotion clogged the dark tom's voice, and Wolfstar started to take a moment to steel himself, but then just... didn't. He didn't have to be SkyClan's Fearless Leader around Juniperlight. His eyes grew wet in the silence, as the emotions that had threatened to undo him for so long finally surfaced unabridged.

"I almost couldn't stand it..." he finished, staring out past the creek, past the trees, eyes seeing nothing but the shadow of the mountain where he'd finally given up. "I followed you, for so long, I... all the way to the mountain, almost... before I lost the trail." He swallowed hard, blinking in rapid succession. "I thought you were gone, that I'd never see you again... and now..." he glanced over finally, ears laid back against his skull. "Now all I'm thinking is that if I'd just pressed forward a little harder... a few more days... maybe I could have caught up to you. Maybe I could have brought you home sooner, and prevented..." he trailed off, lashing his tail against the ground.

But what could have the Asylum accomplished in your absence? The logical part of him chimed in. He'd been gone, when they arrived... and SkyClan had been cowed without their leader there to protect them, to fight for them. It was a shame that Wolfstar carried like a fat tick upon his heart. He closed his eyes.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm sorry that I didn't try harder." The tom glanced down at his paws, raking furrows into the grass slowly with one set of extended claws. He cleared his throat, coughed gently, and then shook his head. "And I'm sorry that I've ruined our hunting patrol with a bunch of feelings, too." He let out a laugh that was perhaps a little too forced, and stood, lowering his head against his forelegs to wipe the wetness from his eyes. "Come on now, show me you've still got the makings of a warrior in there, hm? Let's bring something fat and tasty back home. Maybe an owl." He smiled, sniffed, cleared his throat once more, and then dipped his muzzle to the water to quench the dryness in his mouth. And then he turned an encouraging gaze back to his brother.
Back to top Go down
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: No More Nights Alone (c)   No More Nights Alone (c) EmptyWed 16 Jun 2021 - 21:57

”I’m sorry.” Juniperlight whispered upon hearing that Wolfstar had followed him into the mountains. “I was trying to stop dad from leaving us, but I did the same thing…” He paused. What would he have prevented? What did Wolfstar go home to? There’d been a complete silence in the Clan about the moons following his disappearance. He hadn’t asked - it seemed too terrible - and no one was willing to offer anything, so he wouldn’t press. I thought the same. If I ran faster and farther, I would have caught him, and then… I don’t know. What could I have said to him? Wolfstar, what should I have said when he was still here? What do leaders want to hear? I’ll say it for you. Anything. I’m right here… I’ll always be here for you…”

Was that it? Would a leader who felt completely disconnected from his Clan run into the mountains just to be more alone? The tomcat’s brain was scrambled with raw emotions and confusion. “Please don’t apologize to me. All we can do is be better.” ‘Than him.’ He meowed after a deep breath. He smiled, a trickle of humor lighting up his mind when Wolfstar mentioned bringing home an owl. If it meant he could prove he was still a good warrior with one eye, then he’d bring down all the owls in the forest.

“Well, if I can still find my way around..!” He bounced away as his brother bent down to take a drink, fading quickly into the shadows with a silly glint in his eye. Of course he knew his home. He had dreamed of it for seasons. What would he go after first? Sleepy birds? Mice expecting a clear night? He was a bit tired. He wanted something that he wouldn’t have to jump for. A shrew sat peacefully nibbling a seed farther up the creek. A perfect chance! Juniperlight crouched low, his sleek black pelt blending into the night. He was out of luck; he came up a bit short on his leap, struggling to judge the distance with just one eye. ”Rats.” he hissed, concerned he might actually be made an elder if he couldn’t catch prey.

Juniperlight missed a shrew. -3SP. 157/160SP

Last edited by Sun on Wed 16 Jun 2021 - 22:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15045

PostSubject: Re: No More Nights Alone (c)   No More Nights Alone (c) EmptyWed 16 Jun 2021 - 21:57

The member 'Sun' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

No More Nights Alone (c) Mistpe10
No More Nights Alone (c) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No More Nights Alone (c)   No More Nights Alone (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

No More Nights Alone (c)
Page 1 of 1