Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Hunting for Owls

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

Hunting for Owls Empty
PostSubject: Hunting for Owls   Hunting for Owls EmptyFri 30 Apr 2021 - 11:55

The sun had set over the horizon a while ago, and slowly the stars had started to appear in the sky. Hanging next to the crescent moon, the stars were most of the light source the night offered to Murkystrike and Galepaw. The two dark figures wove through the marshes side by side. As they neared the pine grove, Murkystrike slowed and turned to Galepaw. "Okay, so we're here to drive the owl off. We don't need to kill it, but I have heard they don't taste too bad." The warrior shrugged slightly before turning her focus back on the task at paw. "I'm going to try to keep it focused on me, so I need you to hit it with everything you've got, okay? If we can keep it close to the ground, we should have no issues with it. I'll act like I'm wounded, and I want you to hide in the roots of a nearby tree. When it swoops down at me, you make your move." She explained, waiting for confirmation before continuing. Once Galepaw was in their selected position, Murkystrike started to limp towards the tree that had small bones and scraps of fur scattered at the base. It took a few moments, but finally she heard the flapping of wings, and braced as sharp talons cut through the thick fur at her shoulders. Whirling, she spun and caught one of the owl's wings in her teeth, and clamped down on it. The owl let out a shriek as it tried to fly away, to no avail. "Now!" She grunted around the wing she was biting down on.

Owl used Swoop, dealing 20 damage and costing 20 SP. Murkystrike used Teeth Grip, dealing 14 (12+2 Night Finesse) damage and costing 20 SP.

Owl:
36/50 (-14)
100/120 SP (-20)

Murkystrike:
60/80 HP (-20)
220/240 SP (-20)

Galepaw:
20/20 HP
80/80 SP

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

Hunting for Owls Giphy
Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 1522

Hunting for Owls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Owls   Hunting for Owls EmptyFri 30 Apr 2021 - 12:58

Galepaw was silent as she padded after Murkystrike, wide yellow eyes watching the warrior's every move. She nodded curtly at her instructions and moved into position, all of her muscles tensing while she waited for her cue. The owl was startingly fast as it swooped down on Murkystrike but the molly was faster, and she whirled to bite down on the bird's wing. She yowled "Now!" and Galepaw shot off like a rocket, landing squarely on the owl's back with her claws outstretched. With her added weight on the bird, it should be no trouble keeping it grounded.

Galepaw used Run-and-Tackle on the owl, dealing 6 (+3 sneak attack) damage and using 10 SP.

Galepaw
20/20 HP
70/80 SP (-10)

Owl
27/50 HP (-9)
100/120 SP

Murkystrike
60/80 HP
220/240 SP

Hunting for Owls 2RvdchP
Flickerpaw         Icepaw         Lightpaw         Cricketpaw
#54565A         #8ED2E2         #E7CD65         #76AF5C

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

Hunting for Owls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Owls   Hunting for Owls EmptySun 2 May 2021 - 12:32

OOC: Forgot to roll for the hold, so I'll say it was the minimum 1 turn. Additionally, owl's current health is 25/50 due to Night Finesse damage dealing an additional 2 damage, making Galepaw's attack deal 11 total damage.

Galepaw reacted instantly and without hesitation, and her attack was spot on. She would have to commend the apprentice once the fight was over. The other wing of the bird caught Murkystrike in the face, blinding her for a moment. The hard bone in the owl's wing caught her just above the eye, and she released her grip, rearing back on her hind paws to deliver a blow to the owl's head in an effort to keep it close to the ground.

Owl is no longer gripped! Murkystrike used Rending Front Paws, dealing 17 (15+2 Night Finesse) damage and costing 25 SP.

Galepaw
20/20 HP
70/80 SP

Owl
8/50 HP (-17)
100/120 SP

Murkystrike
60/80 HP
195/240 SP (-25)

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

Hunting for Owls Giphy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hunting for Owls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Owls   Hunting for Owls Empty

Back to top Go down

Hunting for Owls
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Territory :: The Pine Grove-
Jump to: