Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

The Devil's Water, It Ain't So Sweet [closed]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 2502

The Devil's Water, It Ain't So Sweet [closed]  Empty
PostSubject: The Devil's Water, It Ain't So Sweet [closed]    The Devil's Water, It Ain't So Sweet [closed]  EmptyTue 2 Feb 2021 - 19:40

In all that Beecloud had ever lost, he knew his sister was there at the end of it all. Everything he had endured, she had endured beside him. Littermates were funny like that. It was a bond that was rivaled only by total conjunction... when they had the time to give one another. Most of the time, that most special bond fell by the wayside when life was cruelly wedged between them. It wasn't uncommon. Cats grew, they had kits, they became warriors, they found their places in the clan, and the kittish adventures they used to take and the romps they shared with those they were born into this world with faded into memory. But, despite every obstacle, the simplest thing could bring siblings tumbling back together, and it was as if not a season had passed. Today, it was a request: "Will you come hunt with me?"

Beecloud was still hobbling, but that was alright. He was going to try to hunt anyway, not necessarily because he was a stubborn beast, but because the thought of being un-useful made him feel a little queasy. He hated that feeling of awful idleness... he cursed his mother for it. And, besides, the snowdrifts had begun to melt in the last few days, meaning the pair had much better luck of catching prey than they had in the days prior.

More than anything, the tom was desperate for some version of normalcy. Beecloud knew he couldn't avoid the elephant in the room, his too-recent beating, for very long, but he was going to stave it off as long as he could. Eventually, one of them would crack, and they would have to address it. For right now, though, there was snow on the ground. He was hunting with his sister.

"I'm excited for Buzzardpaw to become a warrior," he mused. "Your first litter... all warriors. You're gonna be old. What's that like?" The tom hip-checked his sister with a mischievous giggle.

The Devil's Water, It Ain't So Sweet [closed]  TpKJUN0

Rushkit | RiverClan Kit | #4b5320
Lionpaw | ThunderClan Apprentice | #cb945f

Back to top Go down
deer

deer

Taurus Rat
Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: The Devil's Water, It Ain't So Sweet [closed]    The Devil's Water, It Ain't So Sweet [closed]  EmptySun 7 Feb 2021 - 17:56

Cedarheart looked up at Beecloud, a small smile gracing her face. "Sure." She rose,  walking beside her brother. After a few moments, an Asylum cat joined them at the rear, and it took everything she had to ignore it. She was afraid of what might happen if she didn’t. She tried to keep her mind off of it. The forest was so beautiful in the snows, and it seemed to be so different now that she was older. She had been born in leaf-bare, but she could barely remember it now. It was so peaceful, so tranquil. She wished that she could feel that way, but the peace inside herself had been long gone.

She was shaken out of her thought quickly, and she whacked her tail onto the tom’s flank playfully. "Good question. My joints are probably gonna get all stiff and achy, and soon I’ll be going off about ‘kit’s these days.’ " She smirked. "Speaking of kits, how are yours?" she asked, her brown tail clicking calmly.

#44B3C7

Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 2502

PostSubject: Re: The Devil's Water, It Ain't So Sweet [closed]    The Devil's Water, It Ain't So Sweet [closed]  EmptyTue 23 Feb 2021 - 20:48

"Mine are great," he muttered, "All things considered. I wonder if they know how... wrong this all is. I wonder if they'll ever know right-ness. Is right-ness a word? Is it close to one?"

Beecloud ruffled up his coat against the wind and began trailing close behind a scrawny looking squirrel. He would take whatever he could get, at this point. He walked quietly, carefully placing each of his huge paws in previously made tracks, ever the more aware of how he stomped through the woods when he was not completely focused on prey. His eyes glimmered for the slightest second as he saw his opportunity and moved, nearly a moment too late, and caught the squirrel by the rump. He bit down on its back, snapping its spine and letting it hang loose from his mouth.

"I'm just glad that in all this... wrong-ness, I guess, ThunderClan still feels the same as it did when we were kits. I remember my first snow. I was so small that if I balanced perfectly, I could stand on top of it without sinking down. I still try and do it sometimes, you know? Like I'm still that little." He padded up next to Cedarheart, half-heartedly scoping out a spot for her to seek out freshkill-to-be. He wasn't very much in the mood to hunt, but being out here made him want to be productive, even if his ultimate goal was really to catch up with his littermate. "I'm not the cat I was. I don't really think you are, either. I mean... how could we be? But it was happening even before the Asylum, you know. We keep morphing all the time. We never stop changing. It's tiring."

Beecloud attempted to catch a squirrel. Success!
235/240 SP

The Devil's Water, It Ain't So Sweet [closed]  TpKJUN0

Rushkit | RiverClan Kit | #4b5320
Lionpaw | ThunderClan Apprentice | #cb945f

Last edited by Grizzly on Tue 23 Feb 2021 - 20:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15067

PostSubject: Re: The Devil's Water, It Ain't So Sweet [closed]    The Devil's Water, It Ain't So Sweet [closed]  EmptyTue 23 Feb 2021 - 20:48

The member 'Grizzly' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

The Devil's Water, It Ain't So Sweet [closed]  Mistpe10
The Devil's Water, It Ain't So Sweet [closed]  Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Devil's Water, It Ain't So Sweet [closed]    The Devil's Water, It Ain't So Sweet [closed]  Empty

Back to top Go down

The Devil's Water, It Ain't So Sweet [closed]
Page 1 of 1