Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Kids say the darndest things - quotes I've heard as a daycare teacher

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

Kids say the darndest things - quotes I've heard as a daycare teacher Empty
PostSubject: Kids say the darndest things - quotes I've heard as a daycare teacher   Kids say the darndest things - quotes I've heard as a daycare teacher EmptySat 19 Dec 2020 - 10:28

So for the last several months I've been keeping a note on my phone of some of the funniest things that kids at my work have said to me or that I've overheard, and I thought I would share for the laughs!  Some context; I work with elementary school students Pre K through 5th, and I work at a Christian facility.

Conversation between two kids
B: "Have you heard of Leauge of Legends?"
J: "What game is that?"
B: "A lot of nerds play it."

J: "Don't speak cursive, it's rude!"

(Two kindergarteners that are in a 'releationship' were arguing, and it ended with this)
S: "I'm not marrying you now!!"

Me: "Hey dude, don't wrap those rubber bands around your fingers, it could cut off your circulation!"
P: It's okay, I don't feel pain."

(Recently there had been a lot of wildfires and this day the sky was a creepy dark red color and a bunch of kids were calling it the 'apocalypse'.  We were stuck inside and playing music for the kids when the theme song for Sofia the First came on)
C, a 4th grader: -covers her ears- "Can I walk out into the apocalypse please?"

(A few classmates were chasing a kindergarten boy around, when his 'girlfriend' noticed and started chasing them)
J: "Girls STOP, he's mine!!"

(We have a pretty big property, so when we're outside we put up traffic deliniators so the kids know the boundaries, but some kids like to play with them even though they're not supposed to)
N: "I'm gonna fight you!!" -punches delinator-

(During lunchtime prayer)
J: "I pray no one gets hurt..."
JD, distantly from the back: "I already got hurt!!"

(During morning prayer, a kindergartner expressed all our hopes and dreams)
N: "I pray Black Panther comes back to life..."

Profanity warning:

N: "I wanna be a MAN when I grow up."

(A little Pre-K kid runs up to me and points at his classmate, a kindergarten girl)
J: "She wants to marry me...on the mouth!"

(A group of kids was playing around with one of the older boys and he let them 'pin him to the ground'.  One of the kids in the group responded to their victory with-)
A: "He's caught.  Feast on him."

J: "If you disrespect chickens they'll make you do the chicken dance."

(I was in charge of kindergarten nap time, but the kids were having trouble listening that day.  One of the students decided to help me out)
J: "Guys, if you don't listen to Ms. Sara, Santa won't give you presents!"

(A little boy mentioned something he called 'hot dog sauce'.  I asked what he meant by that.)
J: "You know...ketchup! It's hot dog sauce!"

Back to top Go down

Kids say the darndest things - quotes I've heard as a daycare teacher
Page 1 of 1