Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Having some training fun (closed)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
blossomheart

blossomheart

Characters : Icecloud (TC), Speckledpaw (WC), Juniperpaw (SC)
Clan/Rank : Thunderclan
Aquarius Rooster
Number of posts : 197

Having some training fun (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Having some training fun (closed)   Having some training fun (closed) EmptySat 26 Sep 2020 - 6:15

Icecloud woke up, taking in the smell of the clean air, and stretching. She had decided today was the day she was going to train her apprentice! It was her very first apprentice and she believed she was going to enjoy teaching him. Cedarhearts son was going to get the best of her attention! She remembered when Cedarheart, smudgepaw, and herself were small apprentices like shrikepaw. She went to the apprentices den and began to whisper into the den, trying to awaken the sleepy apprentice for his first training! She was going to be teaching him hunting. “Shrikepaw.. wake up, it’s time for your first training..” Icecloud stepped back outside into the chilly morning air, waiting for shrikepaw.

Windclan Apprentice

Icecloud
  Color #6699ff
Thunderclan Warrior

Juniperpaw
 Color #99cc99
Shadowclan Apprentice

Signature picture made by Cotton
Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Characters : Alive: Rookfire(Rk), Kitespring(K), Ambersun (Am) StarClan: Buzzardclaw(B), Pebblestorm(P), Rushpaw(R), Waspkit(W), Snakepaw(S), Cardinalpaw(C), Briarpaw(Br), Rowanpaw(Ro), Wrenbreeze(Wr), Heronflight(H), Acornfall(A), Larkfeather(L), Badgerpaw(Ba), Shrikesong(Sh), Foxspark(F), Heronpaw (He), Poppycloud (Po) Unknown: Alderbloom (Al)
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 2375

PostSubject: Re: Having some training fun (closed)   Having some training fun (closed) EmptySat 26 Sep 2020 - 17:23

Shrikepaw was sleeping in her nest soundly before Icecloud came into her den. When the white she-cat came to wake her up, the brown tabby stretched to see her mentor. "Okay! I'll be right out!" She wondered what she was going to do with her mentor. Maybe hunting, or perhaps mock fighting, or maybe something I don't even know about! Her goal was to be the best warrior that ThunderClan ever saw, and to do that she would have to learn from those who were already warriors, especially her mentor. "What are we going to do?" she asked.

OOC: Shrikepaw is a girl, by the way

pfp by the amazing xaandiir!

Having some training fun (closed) Image10
Back to top Go down
blossomheart

blossomheart

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Having some training fun (closed)   Having some training fun (closed) EmptySat 26 Sep 2020 - 19:38

Icecloud had a look of glee as she lead Shrikepaw into the forest. “Today we’re going to do hunting!” Icecloud was trying to remember her training, and how things went. She smiled as she took a seat.
(Sorry, it was early and my brain wasn’t working right )

Windclan Apprentice

Icecloud
  Color #6699ff
Thunderclan Warrior

Juniperpaw
 Color #99cc99
Shadowclan Apprentice

Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Characters : Alive: Rookfire(Rk), Kitespring(K), Ambersun (Am) StarClan: Buzzardclaw(B), Pebblestorm(P), Rushpaw(R), Waspkit(W), Snakepaw(S), Cardinalpaw(C), Briarpaw(Br), Rowanpaw(Ro), Wrenbreeze(Wr), Heronflight(H), Acornfall(A), Larkfeather(L), Badgerpaw(Ba), Shrikesong(Sh), Foxspark(F), Heronpaw (He), Poppycloud (Po) Unknown: Alderbloom (Al)
Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Having some training fun (closed)   Having some training fun (closed) EmptySat 26 Sep 2020 - 21:08

Shrikepaw smiled as Icecloud excitedly stated that they were going hunting. Hunting! That's awesome! The brown she-cat really enjoyed Icecloud's excitement, which mirrored Shrikepaw's own happiness and excitement. "So, where are we going to hunt? And what prey are we looking for?" She noticed the leaves turning amber and red and yellow, a few of them falling into the ground, something that she had associated with leaf-fall. What she had gathered from the other cats in camp was that hunting would start to get harder and harder during leaf-fall and leaf-bare, which would be a new experience for the brown she-cat.

OOC: That makes sense, i just wanted to make sure you knew.

Back to top Go down
blossomheart

blossomheart

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Having some training fun (closed)   Having some training fun (closed) EmptyTue 29 Sep 2020 - 16:39

Icecloud led shrikepaw into a clearing. She sat down, looking over the small brown she-cat. “First I want you to try and catch a mouse or two on your own, then I’ll teach you how I do it.” She seemed enthusiastic about this. Excited to have her first apprentice she was close to bouncing around as if she was a apprentice!
Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Having some training fun (closed)   Having some training fun (closed) EmptyWed 30 Sep 2020 - 13:55

Shrikepaw smiled at her mentor's enthusiastic attitude. The she-cat really liked the fact that she would be able to hunt a mouse first. Looking around, the brown she-cat scanned the area for a mouse she could catch. There were leaves all over the ground, so it was a little difficult to see a small piece of prey like a mouse. However, she wasn't going to give up without trying. You have to find a mouse, she thought. Show Icecloud that you will find a mouse here. The brown she-cat tried to identify a mouse's scent in the clearing around her, which led her towards a small bush. She didn't know proper technique, but she had a plan to catch it. The brown tabby believed that if she could pounce on it, she would be able to catch the small rodent. Crouching down, the young apprentice prepared to spring forward and catch the mouse. Despite never learning what a hunting crouch was, she was able to put herself in a less-refined version of the hunting crouch, with her hind legs ready to pounce.

But of course, the young she-cat didn't know where exactly the mouse was, which caused her to miss her target. As she landed in the bush, the mouse scampered away in fear. I guess I still have more to learn. "What should I work on for next time?" she asked her mentor. "Was I hunting the wrong way? Did I make a mistake somewhere else? How do you hunt?" Shrikepaw had no clue if it was just bad luck or a mistake she made that caused her to fail to catch the mouse. And if it was the latter, she was willing to learn how to be a better hunter.

Last edited by Mamenchisaurus on Wed 30 Sep 2020 - 14:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15067

PostSubject: Re: Having some training fun (closed)   Having some training fun (closed) EmptyWed 30 Sep 2020 - 13:55

The member 'Mamenchisaurus' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 9

Having some training fun (closed) Mistpe10
Having some training fun (closed) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
blossomheart

blossomheart

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Having some training fun (closed)   Having some training fun (closed) EmptySun 4 Oct 2020 - 5:49

Icecloud nodded in approval at her apprentice, she did better then she had done on her first try. “Okay, now try being quiet and crouching like this.” Icecloud saw a mouse in the underbrush and started to follow it. Being quiet in her surroundings, and avoiding any fallen leaves or sticks.

Icecloud huffed as she made one wrong move when she went to pounce on the mouse it had heard her and burrowed back into her home. She looked at shrikepaw and shook her head. “It seems like today just isn’t a mouse day. She had a playful tone, she wasn’t mad, nor was she upset. “It’s only our first try! We’ll keep going until we catch something.”

Windclan Apprentice

Icecloud
  Color #6699ff
Thunderclan Warrior

Juniperpaw
 Color #99cc99
Shadowclan Apprentice

Last edited by blossomheart on Sun 4 Oct 2020 - 5:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Having some training fun (closed)   Having some training fun (closed) EmptySun 4 Oct 2020 - 5:49

The member 'blossomheart' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 8

Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Having some training fun (closed)   Having some training fun (closed) EmptySun 4 Oct 2020 - 10:21

Shrikepaw watched carefully as her mentor crouched down when trying to find the prey. The white she-cat was very quiet, much quieter than the brown she-cat had been. So first, I wasn't crouching when I was hunting. She wondered how Icecloud would be able to catch the mouse.

And... she missed.

At least, the she-cat assumed that Icecloud missed because she shook her head after turning around. Her next words cemented the tone. "I guess not," Shrikepaw replied. She could appreciate the fact that her mentor was still bubbly as ever even though the warrior was unable to catch the mouse.

Shrikepaw grinned at her comment on staying until they caught something. The apprentice was not planning on going back home with empty paws. The brown tabby crouched down, trying to find some prey to stalk. A squirrel caught her eye, staying on the base of a nearby tree, and the young she-cat began to stalk it. Avoiding the crunchy leaves as she stalked the squirrel, she was able to get closer and closer to the tiny creature.

The she-cat pounced, and ended up catching the squirrel perfectly. "I got it!" she exclaimed, the squirrel in her mouth. "I assume we are going home now?" she asked her mentor. Shrikepaw was almost sure of the response, but she was still optimistic that they could stay for a little while longer.

Shrikepaw caught a squirrel, expending 3 SP. The failed mouse capture also expended 3 SP.
HP: 20/20
SP: 74/80

Last edited by Mamenchiscareus on Sun 4 Oct 2020 - 10:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Having some training fun (closed)   Having some training fun (closed) EmptySun 4 Oct 2020 - 10:21

The member 'Mamenchiscareus' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 1

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Having some training fun (closed)   Having some training fun (closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Having some training fun (closed)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ThunderClan Territory-
Jump to: