Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Wildflower's Deputy Olympics [closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Peridot

Number of posts : 1307

Wildflower's Deputy Olympics [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Wildflower's Deputy Olympics [closed]   Wildflower's Deputy Olympics [closed] EmptyWed 9 Sep 2020 - 1:08

As the days went by, Olivestar was getting more confident in her leadership and the responsibilities that the position called for, and she found that she was quite enjoying herself as she spent time with her Clanmates not as their leader, but as their friend. She was quite looking forward to this day's proceedings, she hadn't spent much one-on-one time with Wildflower since she'd been made a warrior, and she was hoping to catch up with her. Wildflower was almost like a daughter to her, especially since the blind she-cat's mother had died soon after her birth. Olivestar had hoped to be a sort of mother figure to Wildflower after that, but it wasn't her call regarding the relationship that they had.

As the sun rose slowly above the horizon, the new leader sat out in the clearing, waiting patiently as she watched the sun rise. Before long, she saw Wildflower making her way over to her, and she called out as she got close,
"'Morning, Wildflower! You've probably heard this from your Clanmates, but I want you to pretend that I'm not the leader for this little bit. I want you to lead the patrol, and tell me what to do, where to hunt, etcetera. Everything is up to you."

ooc: basically, i'm just looking for two hunting rolls each, and then we call it! if we run into a predator, then we count that as part of the assessment too, and see how wildflower would direct her in battle
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wildflower's Deputy Olympics [closed]   Wildflower's Deputy Olympics [closed] EmptyThu 10 Sep 2020 - 21:18

It was the perfect frame for a picture, the way the sun shone just into Wildflower’s eyes to wake her up. She didn’t know that. The blind she-cat could feel the sun, but not see it. When she awoke, she was bleary-eyed. Not much of a difference when you couldn’t see, but it made her eyes feel dry. She had a dry, sticky texture to her paw pads and mouth as well. She could have assumed it was the drought the Clans were facing. Maybe it was part of that. But the majority of the unpleasant feeling came from anxiety. Olivestar was almost like a surrogate mother. A mentor at the very least. But it was different. Nine shiny lives and a shiny new name. Nine lives of experience, though, must have made Olivestar smarter. As a skinny, blind, young molly, Wildflower felt so inexperienced and just plain worse standing next to the leader. She was forcefully pushing Smallbean out of her head. The speckled molly was certain she wouldn’t be deputy, but she wanted to do her best. Prove herself.

She forced her tongue to swipe the inside of her mouth a few times and walked forwards. Olivestar was waiting. Wildflower forced her ears not to flatten as instructions were given. Being in control over her mother, mentor, and leader? This was going to go perfectly. Just perfectly. There was an awkward pause between Olivestar’s words and Wildflower’s response. She stuttered a few times and gave a nod before plunging off into the moor. Somewhere. Hunting somewhere. How do I do this? I’ve led a patrol maybe once. Just go scent. That’s how to hunt. I’m a rabbit-brain.

Wildflower turned to “look” at Olivestar. She tried to collect her words and from a coherent sentence but it didn’t work very well. “H-hunting. Scenting. I mean, y-you hunt by scenting. Um. You know that. Uh... I can scent prey around here that we can hunt... Partner hunting is best, for me, because, well. You know.” Her ears twisted back flat against her skull. Wildflower felt heat rising in her cheeks. I’m an embarrassment. Olivestar must think herself stupid for training someone like me. Her tail twitched angrily as she scented the air. At least prey was rich in this area. Two rabbits and a hare. “Uh, th-there’s a close rabbit. You can see it, maybe. Stay h-here... I’ll try to flush it out. Uh, if I’m supposed to g-give advice... Make sure you”re downwind and hidden from sight.” Though I can’t remember for the life of me if rabbits smell you before they see you or vice versa. The wiry molly pulled herself to the ground and allowed herself to stay in the crouch for a moment. Her paws trembled against the ground. Wildflower fixated on the rabbit’s scent tail and made sure she was pointed upwind. Her leg muscles tensed. She leapt and started sprinting. The rabbit would scent her and run into Olivestar. Hopefully. If things worked to plan. And they never did.

Not sure how to do dice for partner hunting. Since the rabbit is running towards Olivestone I figured it should be her though.
Back to top Go down
Peridot

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Wildflower's Deputy Olympics [closed]   Wildflower's Deputy Olympics [closed] EmptyFri 11 Sep 2020 - 17:29

As Wildflower plunged into the tunnel leading to the moor, Olivestar followed her until she stopped on the crest of a hill, having scented rabbits nearby. The nerves that Wildflower was feeling was almost palpable as the spotted she-cat stumbled over her words, almost afraid to direct the new leader. She nodded along as Wildflower spoke, making affirming noises to accompany her movements, and responded,
"Partner hunting is a great idea. Moving downwind now."

With her movement clear, the gray she-cat noted the direction of the wind and moved herself just as announced, hiding herself in a clump of heather, but where she could still see their quarry. As if on cue, Wildflower charged the rabbit, sending the creature sprinting right towards her, and Olivestar gathered her legs under her, waiting for the right moment. She then exploded out of the heather right as the rabbit was about to pass it, trapping it it in her powerful claws and teeth, and within a split second, it was still.

Olivestar has attempted to catch a rabbit. She was successful.

Olivestar:
120/120 HP
297/300 SP (-3)

Last edited by Peridot on Fri 11 Sep 2020 - 17:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15016

PostSubject: Re: Wildflower's Deputy Olympics [closed]   Wildflower's Deputy Olympics [closed] EmptyFri 11 Sep 2020 - 17:29

The member 'Peridot' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 7

Wildflower's Deputy Olympics [closed] Mistpe10
Wildflower's Deputy Olympics [closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wildflower's Deputy Olympics [closed]   Wildflower's Deputy Olympics [closed] EmptySat 12 Sep 2020 - 8:30

The stability that accompanied Olivestar could be compared to worn stone and would come up similarly. Experienced, mature, stable, kind, generally firm but kind about it. Wildflower’s anxiety slowly began to melt. If I can make one catch on my own, I’ll call it a success. Providing I don’t melt down into a puddle of anxiety first. The she-cat lifted her head and scented the air. There was a hare and a bird (far enough away she couldn’t discern the type). Catching the blue jay would be harder; if she wanted to look more competent there was a better chance of getting the hare. Wildflower crouched down and paused for a moment, then murmured quietly to Olivestar. “Good job on the catch. I’m going to go for this hare. If it comes for you, you know what to do.”

She circled around it so she would be chasing it towards Olivestar, but the wind shifted. The hare scuffled the ground and started to run towards Wildflower, only smelling Olivestar. The molly’s ears twitched and she sprang up. She leapt, but the hare evasively jumped away. The she-cat muffled a curse under her breath and returned to Olivestar, glaring bitterly at where her paws had hit the ground just after the hare. She scuffed the ground and mumbled, “Sorry...”

Last edited by Sal on Sat 12 Sep 2020 - 8:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wildflower's Deputy Olympics [closed]   Wildflower's Deputy Olympics [closed] EmptySat 12 Sep 2020 - 8:31

dice oops
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15016

PostSubject: Re: Wildflower's Deputy Olympics [closed]   Wildflower's Deputy Olympics [closed] EmptySat 12 Sep 2020 - 8:31

The member 'Sal' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 7

Wildflower's Deputy Olympics [closed] Mistpe10
Wildflower's Deputy Olympics [closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wildflower's Deputy Olympics [closed]   Wildflower's Deputy Olympics [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Wildflower's Deputy Olympics [closed]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: WindClan Territory-
Jump to: