Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Early riser [closed]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cotton
Former Staff
Former Staff
cotton

Characters : [S]mallstar [A]stershine [J]ayfrost [F]allowpaw ----- DECEASED: Robinloft Clementine Elsa, Morningpaw,
Libra Dog
Number of posts : 2016

Early riser [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Early riser [closed]   Early riser [closed] EmptyWed Aug 05, 2020 3:06 pm

(OOC: this is in the Stony hollow, meaning that all dice rolls are +2, so if a bird is 1-6, now it is 1-8, giving you a higher chance of a successful catch)

The sun just barely peeked above the horizon, painting red streaks across the sky. It was the dawn after Wolfpaw's apprentice ceremony, and Robinloft was determined to start off the younger she-cat's education on a good note. Arching her back in a stretch, she walked over to the fresh-kill pile and picked off a mouse for Wolfpaw. After sneaking her way over to the apprentice's den and to Wolfpaw's nest, she dropped the mouse next to her and gently nudged the apprentice. "Wolfpaw, time for training!" She excitedly whispered, making sure to stay quiet enough to keep the other apprentices asleep. After exiting the den, she walked over to the camp entrance and waited for Wolfpaw to arrive.

∞ Former Windclan Leader ∞ || Former Site Adminsitrator

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://kiz-mett.carrd.co/
Lapis

Lapis

Characters : Comfreyheart, Ploverwing, Marigoldpaw, Fernpaw, Hornetkit, Maggot
Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [P] Skyclan T1 Warrior [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Kitten [Mg] Outsider Kitten
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1412

PostSubject: Re: Early riser [closed]   Early riser [closed] EmptyWed Aug 05, 2020 4:17 pm

Wolfpaw woke up to Robinloft's gentle nudge. She jolted up. It's time! My first hunt! She could not contain her excitement. Wolfpaw devoured the mouse quickly and then headed outside, where she saw Robinloft waiting for her. Excitement bubbled inside her. It took all her strength to walk calmly to Robinloft. "I'm ready!" she meowed, her joy obvious.

- Plotting | Chart | Profiles -

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Back to top Go down
cotton
Former Staff
Former Staff
cotton

Characters : [S]mallstar [A]stershine [J]ayfrost [F]allowpaw ----- DECEASED: Robinloft Clementine Elsa, Morningpaw,
Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: Early riser [closed]   Early riser [closed] EmptySat Aug 08, 2020 1:21 am

(OOC: i should have asked you this beforehand, but do you need any help with the hunting system? I'm not sure if you used it before, if you already know how to handle it, let me know lol)

It wasn't very long until Robinloft saw the young she-cat scurry from the apprentice's den and next to her. It was obvious how excited Wolfpaw was, and the warrior had a hard time hold back a bout of laughter. "Come on then, i'll take you to a nice place to hunt!" With that, she turned around and left camp. Choosing a path to travel on, she trotted through the forest, looking back to make sure Wolfpaw was there every now and then.

It wasn't long until they came upon a small clearing, rich with the smell of prey. "This is where i'll be teaching you to hunt!" Robinloft's eyes sparkled with excitement. Despite Wolfpaw being her second apprentice, she was still excited to teach her. She found it fun, yet she still took it seriously. After all, if she didn't do a good job as a mentor, it would take Wolfpaw a pretty long time to reach warriorhood.

Focusing back on hunting, she walked to an open part of the clearing and crouched down. "I'm going to teach you the hunter's crouch first. Once you learn that, it should be easy to catch almost any prey!" The warrior pressed herself closer t the ground and slowly walked forward, keeping her paw steps light. Her tail hovered above the forest floor, not too high to alert prey of her presence, but not too low that it was dragging across the ground. Looking for what she should use as an example for prey, her eyes rested upon a flower. "Watch me closely, this is how you finish off prey." Deciding the flower as her target, she leaped into the air and landed her paws on the flower, crushing it beneath her paws. She bit at the step of the flower and ripped it from the ground  before dropping it at her paws. "Now you try! If you need any help or pointers, don't be afraid to ask!"

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [P] Skyclan T1 Warrior [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Kitten [Mg] Outsider Kitten
Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Early riser [closed]   Early riser [closed] EmptySat Aug 08, 2020 3:22 pm

(OOC: yes I think I understand. One question: when you open the "dices roll" tab it says "dice rolls:" and you can pick a number. Why is it possible to roll multiple times?)

Wolfpaw kept tripping due to all the foliage, but her natural speed helped her keep up. Her excitement turned into anxiety. She hoped she would do good. Once they arrived she could already smell the prey. Wolfpaw watched closely as her mentor demonstrated the hunting crouch. "I think I get it." she said. The young apprentice spotted a leaf and crouched low. She crept towards it, hoping she wouldn't make a sound. When Wolfpaw thought she was close enough, she quietly shifted into a position that allowed her to spring onto the leaf, not giving it any chance of escape. She pinned it down and gently bit a section of it off. "How was that?" she asked Robinloft.

(OOC: sorry I'm so bad at writing.)

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Back to top Go down
cotton
Former Staff
Former Staff
cotton

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: Early riser [closed]   Early riser [closed] EmptyWed Aug 12, 2020 9:45 pm

(OOC: in case someone had multiple cats doing something, or if a battle move requires multiple dice rolls. Don't worry about that here- ^^ You're not bad at writing either, i think that's a mighty fine paragraph! Don't put yourself down, instead push yourself to improve <33 experience is key)))

"That was great! I'm sure you would do great on real prey!" Robinloft praised Wolfpaw, pride warming her chest. Wolfpaw was already doing great on her first day of training, which was impressive enough. Maybe she would be made a warrior before her fellow apprentices. Clearing her thoughts, she turned to the underbrush and sniffed the air. "Good, there's still plenty of prey around. Why don't you go off and try catching your own prey! It shouldn't be all that hard, considering how skilled you are at the hunter's crouch." Giving a quick nod to Wolfpaw, she went off in her own, pushing her way through the ferns and bushes on the forest floor.

When she had sniffed the air earlier, she had found a strong scent of mouse, signalling that there was likely many hidden around the clearing. Following a specific scent trail, she soon cam across one of the small rodents. Immediately dropping into a crouch, she crept up behind the small creature. Pushing on her back legs, she launched herself on top of the mouse, pinning it down the same way she had pinned down the flower earlier. Biting it's neck, she picked up the limp mouse in her jaws and carried it into the clearing, tucking it away for later. 'Hmm, i wonder what kind of luck Wolfpaw is having with her hunt?'

Spoiler:

Last edited by Cotton on Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15019

PostSubject: Re: Early riser [closed]   Early riser [closed] EmptyWed Aug 12, 2020 9:45 pm

The member 'Cotton' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 3

Early riser [closed] Mistpe10
Early riser [closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Lapis

Lapis

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Early riser [closed]   Early riser [closed] EmptyWed Aug 12, 2020 10:20 pm

(OOC: Aww thanks! That means alot. I'll take it to heart <3)

Robinloft's praise warmed Wolfpaw's heart. So far she was enjoying training with her mentor. Robinloft was helpful and supportive, something she admired and aspired to be. The mentor and apprentice then went their separate ways to hunt.

Wolfpaw looked around for prey, but all she could see was trees and ferns. How am I supposed to find prey? she wondered. But then she remembered she didn't just rely on her eyes. Wolfpaw opened her muzzle and breathed in. Mouse. She could smell the tiny rodent nearby. With the help of her nose and whiskers she located the mouse and crouched low. But it was much more crowded then the clearing she caught the leaf at. Wolfpaw didn't move because she couldn't see the floor and didn't trust herself to not step on something. She couldn't see the rodent but she knew where it was. She she launched herself upwards, ready to kill her prey.

As Wolfpaw descended she spotted her target. She landed on the helpless mouse and gave a sharp nip to it's neck. Wolfpaw picked up the small body in her jaws and hurried back to the clearing. She set her prey next to Robinloft's, beaming with pride. My first catch! She thought excitedly. Wolfpaw looked up at Robinloft, hoping she would approve of her catch.

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Last edited by Lapis on Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Early riser [closed]   Early riser [closed] EmptyWed Aug 12, 2020 10:20 pm

The member 'Lapis' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 2

Back to top Go down
cotton
Former Staff
Former Staff
cotton

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: Early riser [closed]   Early riser [closed] EmptyMon Aug 24, 2020 5:41 pm

Robinloft raised her ears when she heard pawsteps coming from her left. Looking over, she saw Wolfpaw holding a mouse in her jaws. "Wonderful!" Pride rang in her mew as it echoed around the clearing. "I'm so glad you're doing so well. Remember to hide it somewhere so that nothing takes it while we're out hunting." Her smile brightened as she touched her nose to the top of Wolfpaw's head. "I'm going off for more prey, i hope you have good luck with your attempts!"

Turning away, she trotted back the way she came, following a specific scent trail. It smelled like squirrel, but under all of the other overwhelming scents, it was almost hard to tell. Going with her gut, she followed the trail as it went behind a bush. Peeking over it, she found the rodent digging at the ground near the base of a tree. It seemed as thought it, too, was looking for food. Only one of them would be getting what they wanted though. Crouching low, she crept up behind the squirrel and bolted toward it, using a different technique. She caught it between her outstretched claws and clamped down on it's neck, securing the kill. Satisfied, she hid the squirrel near where she hid mouse.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Cotton on Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Early riser [closed]   Early riser [closed] EmptyMon Aug 24, 2020 5:41 pm

'Hunting Dice' : 2

Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Early riser [closed]   Early riser [closed] EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 8:23 pm

Wolfpaw smile shined at Robinloft's words. This is going great! she thought. After Robinloft left, Wolfpaw followed her mentor's instructions and dug a small hole near some shrubbery. She set her mouse in the hole and covered it up with dirt, patting the ground so it would look flat. The apprentice then set off to find another piece of prey.

Wolfpaw caught a scent right away. Wow, there are so many creatures! she thought. She smelled too many mice to pinpoint one. The apprentice decided to search for something other than mice. She caught a glimpse of a beak. Bird, perfect. Robinloft will be so impressed! she thought to herself. Wolfpaw saw the robin clearly at the foot of a birch, where there was no brush to hide him. She got low, and snuck up on it. When she felt she was close enough, she pounced. Wolfpaw pinned the wings of the feathery creature and finished him off with a swift blow to the head. She then buried the prey next to the birch, planning to come back to it with more.

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Last edited by Hamilapis on Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Early riser [closed]   Early riser [closed] EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 8:24 pm

(OOC: It didn't do the roll for some reason)

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Early riser [closed]   Early riser [closed] EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 8:24 pm

The member 'Hamilapis' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 1

Back to top Go down
cotton
Former Staff
Former Staff
cotton

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: Early riser [closed]   Early riser [closed] EmptySun Aug 30, 2020 11:44 pm

(OOC: do you want to end the topic after this round of dice or the next one? )))

Stalking yet another scent, Robinloft pushed through a layer of foliage. This time she had picked up the smell of another mouse. Simple enough, she had just caught one, this should be a breeze. 'The elders will have quite the variety of prey to choose from.' She smiled at the thought. Growing closer to the mouse, she dropped into a crouch and crept along the forest floor. Once it was in sight, she launched herself toward it and caught it between her paws before biting it's neck. After hiding it away, she turned back toward where Wolfpaw had gone. "Hey, Wolfpaw! How's your side of the hunt going? Well, i assume?"

Spoiler:

Last edited by Cotton on Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Early riser [closed]   Early riser [closed] EmptySun Aug 30, 2020 11:44 pm

'Hunting Dice' : 4

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Early riser [closed]   Early riser [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Early riser [closed]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ThunderClan Territory :: Stony Hollow-
Jump to: