Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Smokepaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6022

Smokepaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Smokepaw's Moonstone Journey   Smokepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun 12 Jul 2020 - 7:21

The time had come once more for a lucky apprentice to speak with StarClan, as they approached the end of their warrior training. There was a small smile on Mothglow's face as she approached Smokepaw, setting the bundle of traveling herbs at his paws. "Are you ready to go? Once you eat these, we can start heading toward the Moonstone."

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
feahter

feahter

Characters : [F]eatherpaw | [S]mokespirit | [V]ixenpaw
Clan/Rank : [F] RC Apprentice | [S] SC Tier I Warrior | [V] TC Apprentice
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 857

PostSubject: Re: Smokepaw's Moonstone Journey   Smokepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 13 Jul 2020 - 9:00

ooc:

Blistering fragments of his dreams dissipated as a mellifluous voice roused him. Really, it had been more of a nightmare. They all seemed to be nightmares, lately. The haunting visions that etched his mind would never allow for him to be grateful for slumber, even as a relief from the scorching Greenleaf temperatures.

Blinking drowsily, huffing at the sweat that stubbornly penetrated his unruly coat, he arose, allowing himself a fleeting pelt shake as he blinked. It was so clammy. The unpleasant dampness prickled at his skin like burrs. Smokepaw felt itchy. Although his blurred vision persisted in connecting the voice he knew to the figure standing in front of him, the lingering vertigo was obstinate in plaguing his eyesight. However, what was undoubtable was the harsh impact of the aroma that smacked his face. The scent was so intoxicating that his reeling head almost rendered them as putrid. "Herbs... M-Mothglow? Moon... Moonstone? Oh. Oh." he mumbled, clumsily hobbling a few waddling paces towards his half-sister. With a twitching smile of greeting that immediately shifted into a gaping yawn, he muttered, ”I’m... up. I.. I guess I'm ready. Thanks." The fatigue in his lurching movements and wavering voice would serve as condradictions to his drawling words; he was extremely tired, but forced himself to lap up (rather unelegantly, with the way he seemed to gag them down) and swallow the herbs. Unprepared for the acrid taste they possessed, Smokepaw almost choked, wanting nothing more than to retch up the viscid leaves that tickled and obstructed his throat. They refused to be forced down. They felt like tack. Dung, Smokepaw thought he was about to regurgitate. Somehow (by miracle?), with immense strain, the herbs were heaved down. He swiped his burning tongue over his jaws, not doing anything to eradicate the stinging taste off. The aftertaste tingled rather unpleasantly. His throat was parched. Unscarred eye flickering with distress, he squinted at Mothglow desperately. ”Uh... w-water. Water... can I... I-I need some... euck, those were... euugh.”

Oh stars, he could barely function.
Smokepaw needed sleep.

...Was he supposed to be looking forward to meeting a StarClan cat?

proud og member of the wcc leg cult

Smokepaw's Moonstone Journey Feather-s-Badge-Signature-20200209122543

:.:|| ic  news ||:.:

.:|| Featherpaw ⟡ RC | Smokespirit ⟡ SC | Vixenpaw ⟡ TC ||:.
|  20/80 | 35/90* | 20/80  |
.:||  #292950 | #665f35 | #b02e2e  ||:.

*disabled stat reduction; half-blind

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Smokepaw's Moonstone Journey   Smokepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 21 Jul 2020 - 8:15

Mothglow nodded swiftly, unsure if he saw, but ran to get water all the same. She set water-soaked moss down before him. "Water," she nodded again now that it was in front of him. "Take your time, Smokepaw," she said, softer now and less enthusiastic. The scar on his eye hurt her, not for how it looked but for how she had failed to prevent it. "It's okay. Just let me know when you're ready to head out."

Back to top Go down
feahter

feahter

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Smokepaw's Moonstone Journey   Smokepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 25 Jul 2020 - 7:33

Smokepaw found himself numbly returning the vague movement her had interpreted to be a nod. Mothglow had been swift, and he found humself melting in relief as he quickly lapped up the water. Hydration alleviated the scorching sting, soothing his parched throat with their fuzzy freshness. An obstinate aftertaste persisted, clasping onto his tongue, prompting a sour wince. The water had quenched it somewhat, but it still stubbornly lingered. Those herbs had tasted revolting. Squinting subconsciously, gulping audibly once again, he offered a few hoarse words of gratitude to his half-sister. "Thank.. thanks– thank you, Mothglow. Those herbs.. wow. I have no idea how you.. how you have to deal with this... every single time." He straightened himself upright, a taut smile stretching his tired face. Was he ready?

"I... yeah, y-yeah, I... think I'm ready, now.

...Was he?

Was he ready to meet another celestial cat, all this soon, after the inferno that had smouldered so recently?
Was he ready to personally confront one who lived in that taunting expanse of stars, that he had spent so long despising with each breath in his soul?
Was he ready to undergo these age-old proceedings; a challenge of wisdom, a test sparked anew, for him and his identity?

Was he ready?
Was he really ready?

He didn't know.

But...
it was easier to lie to himself
that he was.

"I'm ready."

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Smokepaw's Moonstone Journey   Smokepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 27 Jul 2020 - 5:00

"I'm not entirely sure myself," Mothglow admitted with a laugh. "It never does get any better."

The journey took a little longer than it normally would have, as Mothglow was careful to go slowly; as much to ensure Smokepaw's safety as to cherish the time spent with him. Still, all journeys eventually draw to an end, and so it was that they approached the opening of Mothermouth. She led the way through tunnels shrouded in shadowy darkness, at last emerging into the cavern of the Moonstone.

Settling easily into the spot she often rested in, she swished her tail. "Go on. They're waiting, I'm sure."

Back to top Go down
feahter

feahter

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: (oops this was longk)   Smokepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 27 Jul 2020 - 10:41

"Aha... I can see why. Or, well... taste, why." His rasping voice, parched with binding fatigue, was tinged with a croaky yet good-natured chuckle. Mothglow had that aura that emitted a fuzzy serenity... just like her name would suggest. It prompted newfound repose in him. He found the trek, although physically wearing, to have sparked contentedness. Smokepaw enjoyed his sister's company. This time together had drowned his perturbation, somewhat.

When a century passed, when they arrived at last, his heartbeat had amplified into a thrumming drum. A tradition as long-lived, a ritual as customary, which so many paws had, too, treaded through... surely, wasn't supposed to be as nerve-wracking as this. Smokepaw hadn't been mentally present when their 'ancestors' had descended upon them that Gathering; any evocations of those events were dismantled, suffocated by the traumatic retribution he had experienced.

Dreams obscure any light when they morph into your nightmare.

And it applied to present reality, too. As they navigated blindly through the tunnel (even for him and his condition, the utter loss of sight made him feel more vulnerable than ever), Smokepaw, constantly tumbling over himself and the jagged terrain, began to doubt that this cave really was so spectacular after all.

But,
as they emerged into the cavern's ancient radiance,
Smokepaw found himself lost in its mystical illumination.

It was blinding, glaring, icily flashing. He staggered backwards in faltering awe and strain, eyes snapped wide as his absorbed the wondrous crystal. They were almost as piercing, enchanting, as Ebon– Smokepaw vigorously shook his head, bewildered at what his contemplations had drifted to. Why was he thinking about... no... nevermind. The Moonstone's brilliance was distorting his thoughts. It was reminiscent to those lights that Smokepaw had recalled from that battle – a blinking luminensce; the only trace that he could remember of what could only have been those star-freckled cats. It was all a haze. Ghostly, almost. He had had only others' stories to rely on...

But Smokepaw wanted to confront a StarClan cat – not a villanous tyrant, possessing superficial beliefs and hollow priorities, posing emptily as a speaker of the stars... but rather, a warrior, apprentice, that had once lived, laughed, tried; who stood for their own values, morals, spoke for what was right; who had learned, taught, and would teach; who had legends that were spoken of, told throughout their Clan, a name respected amongst their family, within their homes – for himself.

He needed to meet a real StarClan cat.
For himself.

Smokepaw bobbed his head awkwardly at Mothglow, gulping discreetly, forcing himself to to gag down that lump in his throat. He breathed a curt exchange of gratitude before collalsing down, tentatively inching forward. Exhaling a whirling cloud into the clammy atmosphere, he scrunched his eyes shut and thrusted his nose into the his own reflection. Drowsiness edged onto his vision, wispy tendrils constricting the corners of his sight. He knew he was to wake up in a slumber marked by the constellations. These stars that encloaked him were venerated by the world around him...

and he wanted to find out if their inhabitants really were so wise.

"StarClan."

An eclipsed gaze, clouded with wariness, flitted far into the distance; he squinted in a frail attempt to discern any other. Warrior, apprentice... stars, a kit, even... he was impatient to meet one, any one, just to get a taste of who these cats really were.

Let's see if you're really worth my reverence.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Smokepaw's Moonstone Journey   Smokepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 27 Jul 2020 - 14:48

"For someone who's stood up so valiantly against the stars, I kinda expected more."
The gruff mutter came from a dark gray tabby apprentice. Stars shimmered in his pelt, frosty waves of starlight clinging to his small form as he padded towards Smokepaw. He was a few inches shorter than the living apprentice, but not daunted in the least. Striped tail twitching, Breezepaw sat down, gesturing for Smokepaw to do the same. "C'mon, then. I don't want to waste all my time. Ask me whatever, and I'll tell you. That is, if it's in my 'ancient knowledgeable wisdom'." Sarcasm was evident in his drawl, slight annoyance as well. Breezepaw cocked his head to the side as he examined Smokepaw further. Hm, his face was a bit different than he'd been in the battle... oh, yeah, scars. That had to have been rough. "Oh, scars, yeah. I fought in that battle too, when the barrier was taken down. Breezepaw. Maybe you knew that. I'm actually younger than you, so..." The thickset apprentice shrugged, tail flicking side to side. What was it with snobby old cats shoving him over to speak with cats older than him?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smokepaw's Moonstone Journey   Smokepaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Smokepaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Highstones-
Jump to: