Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Behind The Scenes- Stormy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Stormy

Stormy

Characters : [S]tormpaw, [D]owntuft, [So]ftbreeze*, [Sh]yfawn
Clan/Rank : [S]ThunderClan runaway, [D] WindClan t5 warrior, [So]WindClan t3 Medicine cat/queen, [Sh]WindClan permaqueen
Capricorn Monkey
Number of posts : 1144

Behind The Scenes- Stormy Empty
PostSubject: Behind The Scenes- Stormy   Behind The Scenes- Stormy EmptyThu 28 May 2020 - 10:54

Anything ANY of my characters have done, ask about here! If you have questions about me, or why I had these characters react the way they did, or my inspiration for them, ask here! Pretty much all questions can be answered here. Whether it be a past action, or a question about how they'll act about a future event, or how they'd react in a scenario, ask here!
As mentioned, I'll accept questions too, or scenarios, or really anything.

So, feel free to go crazy (but not too crazy!), some answers may be vague, as to hide future details, but I'll answer as best as I can! <3

Back to top Go down
deer

deer

Taurus Rat
Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Behind The Scenes- Stormy   Behind The Scenes- Stormy EmptyThu 28 May 2020 - 11:24

This is a cool idea Stormy! Anyways, what was your inspiration for the Stormpaw plot?

#44B3C7

Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Clan/Rank : [S]ThunderClan runaway, [D] WindClan t5 warrior, [So]WindClan t3 Medicine cat/queen, [Sh]WindClan permaqueen
Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Behind The Scenes- Stormy   Behind The Scenes- Stormy EmptyThu 28 May 2020 - 11:29

Thank you, Daisy! For Stormpaw's plot, I heavily drew from the admiration that she showed for StarClan. Around the time, the sitewide had just started, with StarClan revealing Thornstar and Torrentstar sins. Storm is a very complex character, she's been through a lot of ups and downs. She actually agreed that Thorn and Torrent should be punished (not to the extent of all nine lives murder). The fact that she was adopted and she didn't know it sprung a lot of creativity towards me, especially with Oak being ShadowClan, which was a surprise to me! Her plot in itself was a question a lot of us ask ourselves: who am I?

In leaving ThunderClan, she finds who she truly is and where she belongs, with the help of Elsa, of course. I think Dace's death has a huge impact on this plot, and her choice to leave ThunderClan. I loved the idea of a character going through trauma, having her life flipped upside down, and taking some time to really find out who she is. Stormpaw kinda helped this along on her own, and every pain she felt, I felt as well. Dacedream's death hit her personally, changed everything for her. In fact, I'm changing 'Dear StarClan,' to 'Dear Dacedream,'!

Back to top Go down
Emberglow

Emberglow

Characters : Morningdove (Md) | Firekit (Ff)
Clan/Rank : (Md) WC T1 Warrior | (Ff) SkC Apprentice
Number of posts : 250

PostSubject: Re: Behind The Scenes- Stormy   Behind The Scenes- Stormy EmptyMon 1 Jun 2020 - 19:47

how are all your characters so awesome. how do you do it share with us your secrets

Behind The Scenes- Stormy JtTCx0V
character profiles / art by Peridot
Morningdove
||Firepaw
WindClan T1 Warrior
||SkyClan Apprentice
15 HP / 50 SP (d)
||20 HP / 80 SP
palevioletred
||darkgoldenrod

Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Behind The Scenes- Stormy   Behind The Scenes- Stormy EmptyTue 11 Aug 2020 - 22:29

Ah hemlo I just realized this question existed Ember. I also just realized I called Deer Daisy in my last post lmao

I guess.... my cats just kinda mold themselves. I give them their traits and they just go wild (storm even decided she didn't want to be a happy, calm kitty). It all really depends on the roleplay, I suppose. I planned for Storm to go through a period of self doubt, with a BUNCH of solo topics. However, her depression wasn't supposed to exist. Just a bit of anxiety. However, I also didn't know Dace's (may she rest in piece) was going to exist at the time. So, Storm had quite a big shock, right after finding out she was half-Clan, or well, so she thought. Her anger towards Rainstrike scared me a bit as well, it was so strong I could practically feel it. She needed someone to blame, and Rainstrike was the only cat to blame.

After Dace's death, I had to rework her plot a tiny bit. At first, I was going to have her leave during her warrior ceremony. When asked if she'd "swear by StarClan to be loyal", she wouldn't have been able to do it. Below is the basic rough draft of the scrapped version.

Spoiler:

Another idea I had was her leaving after the May Gathering, without saying goodbye, just leaving, but I realized Storm would hurt too much without a goodbye, even if her goodbyes were painful. If I'm being 100% truthful, when she left, the idea had just popped into my head. It was unplanned, I just randomly sprung it out of midair. Honestly, I shocked myself.

With Softy, she believes things too strongly to stay quiet. Like at the fateful Moonstone where she denounced StarClan. Morningdove's cause only fueled her. Her relationship with Galestar is something I like to spend time thinking about, as it is rather complicated.
As for Down, he spirals off of Softy's life. Although, his obedience towards Zinnia surprised me, even though I know why. Down is insanely loyal. He always keeps his word, no matter what.

I guess my secret it to just go with the flow. Don't spend hours trying to plan out your cat's life, as surprises, such as Dace's death and Storm leaving, will, well, surprise you! Learn your cats personalities, try to feel how they feel. It seems weird but it helps me!

If I imagine how a certain character reacts to things, it gives me a good depth of that character and how far they'll go to reach their goals.

A good way to do this is to list negative and positive traits the character poses. After you write those down, write potential pros and cons of each of those traits. Afterwards, apply this scenario to your characters, and figure out how they'd think this through, step by step. Make sure to write their thought process Down.

Scenario:
"you walk into a deserted train station, and on the way down the stairs, you find a twenty dollar bill. Your father owns a very rich company, what do you do?"

"You carry on down the stairs, and spy a ill looking old man, wearing a tattered, muddy, ripped military suit. A sign in front of you tells you he's a navy veteran with two children and an ex-wife. What do you do?"

"On the train ride back home, do you question if you made the right choice? If so, why?"

And that's really it, just do you! Everyone fleshes their cats out differently, that's what makes RP fun!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Behind The Scenes- Stormy   Behind The Scenes- Stormy Empty

Back to top Go down

Behind The Scenes- Stormy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Off Topic :: Chatterbox-
Jump to: