Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Acception of Fate or Denial?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stormy

Stormy

Characters : [S]tormpaw, [D]owntuft, [So]ftbreeze*, [Sh]yfawn
Clan/Rank : [S]ThunderClan runaway, [D] WindClan t5 warrior, [So]WindClan t3 Medicine cat/queen, [Sh]WindClan permaqueen
Capricorn Monkey
Number of posts : 1144

Acception of Fate or Denial? Empty
PostSubject: Acception of Fate or Denial?   Acception of Fate or Denial? EmptySat 28 Mar 2020 - 21:14

"StarClan..."

It was a mild chilly night, not cold, nor warm. Newleaf weather hadn't quite picked up yet, so nights still felt like leaf-bare. Small pawprints in the dirt led up to the Great Rock, where an average height tabby apprentice shape was hunched over, head pointed up to the sky. Stars of Silverpelt decorated the sky, splashed white against midnight. A clawscratch moon hung in the sky, shimmering brightly down onto the clearing despite its lack of fullness.

A full sunrise had passed since her talk with Robinpaw and Cedarpaw, and it had left her with newfound confidence. Her pelt didn't seem as dull and her eyes sparkled once more at the prospect of patrol. It seemed as if everything was alright after all. Or was it? Nagging worries at the back of her mind like fleas had dragged her all the way out here in the middle of the night. Dacedream had been on guard, and she'd been simply delighted at the idea of her apprentice and friend going out for a midnight hunt, given the state she'd been in recently.

The moon hid behind one of the great oaks, so Stormpaw had been left with no choice but to climb up the Great Rock as to get a better look. Once the moon was in sight, she crouched down and raised her muzzle to the sky. "Are you listening? Can you... Hear me?" She scoffed at herself and shook her head. "Of course they can, mouse-brain.. I... I'd apologize, but I've got nothing to be sorry for!" She stated boldly.

Self-consciously, she crouched down meekly, lowering her head. "I.. I mean, I can't control who my parents are.. It's not my fault!... Right..? I-I mean, if I could choose my parents.." She trailed off, looking shamefully at the ground. I'd chose Oakstar and Dustcloud. She realized with a jolt of shock. Despite her resentment of her heritage, could she ever truly hate them? They'd raised her, cared for her.. Could she truly deny her parents on StarClan's behalf?

Taking a deep breath, she looked to the sky, tears burning her gaze. "I...I'd cho...ose.. I'd choose a..ny.. any other full-bl..ood c..cat.." She choked out, words barely tumbling from her mouth. This wasn't the truth. Far from it. But maybe, just maybe.. If she said it enough, she'd eventually mean it. Did Stormpaw have it in her to deny her fate, her birth? Well, she was about to find out.

I'd...choose..a-any..other...full-bl..blood..cat.

I-I'd choose a-any oth-er full-blo-od cat...

I'd ch-choose any... Any other... Full-blood cat.

I'd choose any other f-full-blood c-cat..

I'd choose any other full-blood cat.....

I'd choose any other full-blood cat.

I'd choose any other full-blood cat..!"

Back to top Go down

Acception of Fate or Denial?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Fourtrees-
Jump to: