Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

a new life, a shining star

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Emberglow

Emberglow

Characters : Morningdove (Md) | Firekit (Ff)
Clan/Rank : (Md) WC T1 Warrior | (Ff) SkC Apprentice
Number of posts : 250

a new life, a shining star Empty
PostSubject: a new life, a shining star   a new life, a shining star EmptyTue 17 Mar 2020 - 20:24

The afternoon sun beat down upon the moors as Morningkit returned to camp, struggling under the weight of the dead rabbit (and keeping a close eye on the dead-but-oh-so-horrible goose now lying in the fresh-kill pile). No doubt word had already spread about her exploits- it wasn't every day that a fearsome predator found itself becoming food for the clan, after all- and no doubt Finchstar wanted to talk to her just as much as she to him, either for a stern warning or (she hoped) a congratulatory approval. Only time would tell.

The grey tabby hadn't had much chance to interact with WindClan's leader just yet, though she'd heard great things- the tall, scarred leader, hero to so many- kind, selfless, noble- oh, and he'd even slain an eagle. And... okay, admittedly, Morningkit wasn't sure which rumors to believe and which to ignore- she'd heard tall tales that the exalted leader had even openly defied StarClan, so clearly, some rumors couldn't be believed. She practically thrummed with excitement at the thought of becoming an apprentice, though- and sure, she was only five-and-a-bit moons, and sure, she really should wait just one more, but killing a goose must count for something, she thought!

Or, well- helping kill a goose. Or... being present while a goose was being killed. Being a liability, if truth be told- but she'd had a taste of what it was like to be a true warrior cat, and what a taste it was. And so, as the kit slowly nudged the rabbit towards the rest of the fresh-kill, she looked around for Finchstar's telltale yellow eyes.
Back to top Go down
lemon
Former Staff
Former Staff
lemon

Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 1304

PostSubject: Re: a new life, a shining star   a new life, a shining star EmptyTue 24 Mar 2020 - 6:54

"Morningkit." Finchstar's warm voice rumbled a purr, watching the spunky gray tabby from the shade of his den. His yellow eyes rested in a cool state, a slight smile on his maw as he shifted to a look of subtle curiosity masked by a clever aloofness. "I've heard you've had quite the exploit today. While it is never too early for adventure, I would prefer a Morningkit with her pelt intact rather than one without. Tell me, 'kit, what have you done today?" There was no anger in the tom's voice, only an amused curiosity and twitching whiskers. Finchstar was no stranger to adventures either - kit or no, he had partaken in his fair share. Perhaps that is where his interest in the small kit stemmed from, he saw himself in those stripes.

Loachkit
of RiverClan
Kit
10 HP / 30 SP

active thursday - sunday

read about my cats below

(updated on days listed above)
lemon's sourcats

Back to top Go down
Emberglow

Emberglow

Characters : Morningdove (Md) | Firekit (Ff)
Clan/Rank : (Md) WC T1 Warrior | (Ff) SkC Apprentice
Number of posts : 250

PostSubject: Re: a new life, a shining star   a new life, a shining star EmptyTue 24 Mar 2020 - 15:31

From time to time, a cat carried themselves with such authority, such undeniable, powerful presence, that a mere glance was enough to inspire awe, quell fear, encourage unwavering loyalty. It was how nearly every leader since the original five had lived; how senior warriors and deputies could command such respect and obedience without a word; and it was a trait that Morningkit admired almost as greatly as she did the cats which possessed it. So it was with an almost reverent level of respect that she turned to the WindClan leader, her plans flying from her mind like a sparrow from a tree.

She had imagined, in all her infinite curiosity, that this would be simple- the kit would walk up to Finchstar, hold her head high, and regale him with tales of her daring adventure against the horrible goose until he'd have no choice but to elevate her to the esteemed rank of apprentice on the spot, thus placing the first stone upon which she would climb to serve WindClan with all her heart. She'd imagined delivering a very charismatic, very impassioned speech on her exploits, carefully omitting the part where she almost died in a single bite.

But that's not what happened. What happened was Morningkit staring up at Finchstar, her forest-green eyes wide as she mewed quietly, "I was very silly and I put myself in a lot of danger and I'm five and a half moons and I really should've known better-"

A deep breath, and she continued, "And last night I tried to sneak out but Olivestone caught me and I made her promise to take me hunting today so she did and we got attacked by that big, mean, horrible goose over there and- I was a liability and I almost died because I don't know how to fight properly and-- and I just wanted to be a proper warrior..."

Well, at least she was honest.

a new life, a shining star JtTCx0V
character profiles / art by Peridot
Morningdove
||Firepaw
WindClan T1 Warrior
||SkyClan Apprentice
15 HP / 50 SP (d)
||20 HP / 80 SP
palevioletred
||darkgoldenrod

Back to top Go down