Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Cold Paws in the Name of Empathy {closed}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lemon
Former Staff
Former Staff
lemon

Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 1297

Cold Paws in the Name of Empathy {closed} Empty
PostSubject: Cold Paws in the Name of Empathy {closed}   Cold Paws in the Name of Empathy {closed} EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 2:21 pm

A light snow fell from the sky, hiding the sun and leaving the air a misty silver. Finchstar's ginger patches now boasted snowflakes as he made his way through camp, stepping high over the white mounds of cold. The apprentices played nearby, scuffling in the drifts of frost as the leader found his target near the gorse wall. "While I enjoy the weather, I understand your hesitation to join in with the apprentices. One snowball to the face and it may turn your maw into a frown permanently." Finchstar grinned and flicked Patrick with his tail playfully, winking at him to bring light to his jest. He found a dry spot next to the curiously patterned tom, curling his tail around his paws neatly to sit in his proximity. Due to current happenings, Patrick had not yet faced the questioning from Finchstar's ever curious mind. Most loners who joined the clan were asked of their philosophies, morals, and heart. The leader found it all so interesting, learning of the lives beyond his own. But he had not yet discovered who Patrick was - or where he had been. The answer did not dictate his place in the clan, nor did it change Finchstar's respect for the tom. But he was ever searching, ever interested of the things beyond his line of sight.

A quiet silence passed as the two watched the camp move and breathe. Warriors left for patrols, kits rolled balls of snow, and apprentices brought moss to the less mobile. Finchstar was content, but was his counterpart? "Would you care for a walk, Patrick? If you are not one for socializing, then instead of a chance to talk, consider it a test of resolves. How long can you remain out of camp before your paws freeze off?" The leader smiled and flicked his tail as a gesture to follow, grinning in an amused state as they padded through the gorse wall.

Loachkit
of RiverClan
Kit
10 HP / 30 SP

Back to top Go down
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Apprentice - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6659

PostSubject: Re: Cold Paws in the Name of Empathy {closed}   Cold Paws in the Name of Empathy {closed} EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 4:56 pm

The bicolored tom sat not far from where the apprentices in training sat, goofing off as they had been relieved from their daily duties. He had never had kits of his own but being around youth once more, he delighted in their vibrant joy for life and ambition. When the decision to stay here with Elmskip had filtered through his mind, the loner had considered how he might be able to influence these cats. Perhaps he could find something to teach them about the grander world, and for the ones that had lost their parents, maybe he could assist in guiding their paws. As Arcayus considered these things, a voice caused his ears to twitch and he turned his head. Finchstar was there. The leader's tail flickered across his pelt. The cat known as Patrick twitched his whiskers at the thought. It was certainly an unpleasant thought, flakes of frozen ice to the maw. There was always truth to humor, and Finchstar seemed to be a cat perceptive enough to find it.

He nodded at the jest before his golden gaze flickered back to the apprentices. A comfortable silence stretched between the two. Of all of the cats here, he had found several whose presence he enjoyed greatly as he slowly opened to the idea of being around others again. Elmskip, in their shared affection, was certainly one of them. Aspenheart and Finchstar were also among them. Even though he was vastly senior to the leader, there was a maturity to the orange and white coated tom that he appreciated. As Finchstar spoke once again, his curiosity was peaked. There would be no problem with a walk from camp. It would briefly relieve him of the creeping anxiety of his own pelt, which had only learned fear from other cats for so long. He followed the flicker of the tail, offering his own words into the freezing wind, "I've seen at least several more cold seasons than you Finchstar, and my coat is twice as long. I am interested to see if your own experience can best my resilience. If nothing else, I have a desire for life." His own words were light in return as he shot his younger counterpart a teasing look and a soft smile.

Cold Paws in the Name of Empathy {closed} Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 1 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Back to top Go down
lemon
Former Staff
Former Staff
lemon

Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 1297

PostSubject: Re: Cold Paws in the Name of Empathy {closed}   Cold Paws in the Name of Empathy {closed} EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 6:13 pm

A cheeky grin grew on Finchstar's face as the two toms padded from camp. His yellow eyes remained onlooking, however his actions suggested otherwise. Finchstar had a mission. The wind that whipped over the rolling hills left gale drifts of frost whistling over the moor. They cut at Finchstar's legs but he thought it beautiful. Patrick's amused remark as they left camp began to resonate with him. The leader was not built for the cold, but he didn't dare back down from their playful bet.

"What is your take on WindClan? I often wonder how cats not born in a clan perceive us. Not that I worry about keeping up appearances, but the best bluff is a true one." The tom crested a hill, gazing out onto the territory below. The small wisps of snowfall gave the illusion of fog, but one could see between the lines and see the ryegrass and the gorse clearly. "Tell me, what was it like to be a loner? I used to dream about becoming one myself, yet here we are." Finchstar stiffled a sigh of wanderlust, catching himself on the beat. He was happy here too. He was happy anywhere. It was the bane of his existence, his optimistic mind had the ability to make the best out of anything, and by effect, limiting his true desires. Those had gotten lost long ago, entangled between smiles and purrs. Finchstar was glad to let his desires fall to the wind. Now they were permanently merged with his clanmates and friends. It was part of being a leader. And it was even part of living, the tom supposed. If Finchstar thought back to his kithood, he could imagine the mice he loved, the nest he slept in, the gorse that entranced him so. But it all had been subject to change as time carried on. His favorite prey shifted from mice to rabbits, simply because it was convenient. His nest changed from a soft one woven from wool, to whatever patch of grass was left over after all his clanmates laid down their heads. And the small bits of foliage outside his kithood nursery was now replaced with the world. Finchstar's stomping grounds. The fortress where he would strive for peace. "I love them, my clanmates. Each and every one of them. How could I possibly leave now? I realized as I aged that my one desire as a younger cat was instead many. The wish to love and to be loved. The wish for adventure. As you've seen first-paw, Patrick, adventure is as much here in WindClan as it is in the rest of the forest. Does it satisfy you?"

Loachkit
of RiverClan
Kit
10 HP / 30 SP

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cold Paws in the Name of Empathy {closed}   Cold Paws in the Name of Empathy {closed} Empty

Back to top Go down

Cold Paws in the Name of Empathy {closed}
Page 1 of 1