Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Softkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 2496

Softkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Softkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Softkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyFri 3 Jan 2020 - 8:47

Aspenheart was between a rock and a dead-end tunnel, and it was all the fault of the pelt-wearers. Everybody decided to get wounded, ill, or pregnant all at once, running his stores to their breaking point. The medicine cat, though well-adjusted to the brain damage that weakened his legs and slowed him to a rather goofy stumbling gait, was not very well-adjusted to climbing trees to collect honey or moving very quickly at all. He tried, of course, but his own post-battle recovery was not going so swimmingly. His seizures were happening ever the more frequently (as those who visited his den were oft to remind him), and they gently nudged him each day towards a new apprentice. Mistystripe's disappearance left a hole in Aspenheart's heart. He felt as though he had failed her. StarClan had intended for him to teach her his ways, and he rejected her at the first sign of trouble. Finchstar's capture by the beasts had hardened his heart. But, as the world spun, as the sun rose, life went on. Times were hard. WindClan deserved another set of paws.

Funnily enough, Barleytuft mentioned his littlest daughter having some interest in Aspenheart's work. He certainly noticed a little tabby hairball peeking around when she thought he wasn't looking. He didn't blame her. Most kits figured he was crazy, anyway. Instead, he opted to observe Softkit from afar, judging her temperament and adjustment to clan life. A shy, gentle-looking thing, she would need to warm up to the whole idea of eternal medicine-ship first. So, on the evening before the moon was prime for a good old-fashioned ceremony, Aspenheart invited the kit to his den. If she were to accept his offer, they would venture to Highstones the next day and the medicine cat could make a great herb-collector out of her. How nice, to find his life once more merging with Barleytuft's. He wondered if his newest kits were aware that their own father considered the crazy, jiggly-legged medicine cat his brother.

He mewed a greeting as Softkit approached the clearing just outside of his den. There would be no others to witness the conversation of the hour. It was a bond to be formed between he and his would-be apprentice, with only StarClan to observe. Aspenheart wondered how she would grow to see StarClan. It would be nice to have a new, shiny opinion to debate with when she got a little older. Aspenheart slid a leaf towards her, a golden liquid glittering on it: honey. He patted a spot beside him where Softkit could sit down. "Go on, tidbit, taste it! I figured you'd like something to snack on, since we'll be talking," he razzed. "I want you to guess why I invited you to sit with me."

Softkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony TpKJUN0

Rushkit | RiverClan Kit | #4b5320
Lionkit | ThunderClan Kit | #cb945f
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Characters : [S]tormpaw, [D]owntuft, [So]ftbreeze*, [Sh]yfawn
Clan/Rank : [S]ThunderClan runaway, [D] WindClan t5 warrior, [So]WindClan t3 Medicine cat/queen, [Sh]WindClan permaqueen
Capricorn Monkey
Number of posts : 1144

PostSubject: Re: Softkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Softkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyFri 3 Jan 2020 - 9:20

Softkit had been unable to sleep; she decided to stretch her legs. Any day now, they'd be made apprentices. Though, Softkit wasn't certain she wanted that. That's why she was awake; ever since she'd been told they'd be apprentices soon, she'd found sleep difficult, drifting out of her reach. She wanted to be an apprentice, yes, but not a warrior apprentice.

Softkit found her happiest moments, aside from being with her family, were the moments she spent watching Aspenheart. She watched from afar; after all, he might not like having an audience. She liked the way Aspenheart could make other cats feel better. Once, when she had a bellyache. He gave her some red berry, juniper, maybe? Is that what he called it? Anyways, it made her feel better. Most cats complained about the taste of herbs, though Softkit didn't mind it too much. She often wanted to try to talk to Aspenheart; he looked sad. But Downkit always wanted to go chase a leaf or something, so she never did. Watching from afar satisfied her, anyways.

When Aspenheart invited her to his den, she panicked internally. Is he mad at me? Does he want me to stop being nosy? Is he gonna tell Barleytuft or Graybriar? Her thoughts spired onto the bad side of things as she stumbled to the medicine den. "Y-you wanted me?" Try as she might, she was unable to keep a steady mew. Glancing down at the shiny golden honeycomb, she looked hesitanted. Well, if Aspenheart said it was okay, it much be. She licked it and swallowed, eyes shining. Talk? Oh no, what kind of talk? Softkit swallowed nervously, "U-uh, am... Am I sick? Is Barleytuft sick? Umm.. Do.. Do you need help collecting herbs...?" Softkit remembered Graybriar telling her about important medicine cat duties, especially StarClan. "Or... Does StarClan need something..?"

Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Softkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Softkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptySat 4 Jan 2020 - 9:17

Aspenheart nearly huffed in relief as Softkit eagerly lapped up the herbs. Good, she wasn't going to cry. "You're a clever cat! I'm glad you know I'm in charge of StarClan. We're lucky to have Finchstar as a leader. He's a friend of mine... and he leaves StarClan to me. I figured you'd know a thing or two. I know more about you than you think." Aspenheart thought suddenly of his terrible vision at the last meeting. Maybe he was too analytical. Maybe Softkit was the answer to his indecision. It was a sudden and tremulous omen. If the cat was to be believed, and WindClan would truly suffer the worst, then he needed his quails in a row.

"Your brother, I assume, is eager to take on a warrior apprenticeship," he explained. "As most of you fur-scraps are. I sure was... moons ago, when my legs worked, I was the fastest 'paw out there. Maybe one day I'll tell you the story. Anyway, I've been told you're hesitating. Your mind drifts other places. Do you like the way this den smells?" Aspenheart took a moment to take in a long, indulgent whiff. He could pick out every herb. Softkit would soon learn the same bitter, sweet, and grassy scents. "But you ought to know I don't beat around the bush. I want you to be my apprentice, and I'd like you to start tomorrow."

Aspenheart waited a moment for his blunt manner to truly sink in, and then met the kit's eyes with great intensity, great warning and great strictness. "Don't take this lightly. Granted I don't die anytime soon, you will work under me for most of your life. I will teach you everything that Mintwhisker taught me, and what Featherlight taught her. If you agree, you will be WindClan's best link to the stars. But it's a heavy weight, Softkit." Aspenheart cleared his throat, looking shamefully away from the she-kit. He remembered the many scars on his mentor's tabby pelt. "StarClan's rules are different for cats like me. My mentor broke those rules and they drove her to insanity. They took her rank, her clan, and her mind. I've seen three cats crack under the pressure. One of them was your older sister, who you will never know... my former apprentice, Mistystripe."

It was a few moments before Aspenheart spoke again, and it came with gravity. "I'm taking a chance on you because WindClan is in a precarious spot. There is infinitely more at stake than there is where Downkit is going. I care more about your quality of life than filling a space in my den. If you want this, you will need to trust me more than you trust yourself. Can you do that?"

Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Clan/Rank : [S]ThunderClan runaway, [D] WindClan t5 warrior, [So]WindClan t3 Medicine cat/queen, [Sh]WindClan permaqueen
Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Softkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Softkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptySat 4 Jan 2020 - 10:01

Softkit wanted to cry in relief when he told her she was clever. Surely, starting off with a compliment, the talk must be a good talk. If such things existed. Aspenheart is in charge of StarClan? Even Finchstar listens to him? Aspenheart must be more important than she had originally assumed. He must be very important to the clan, then. Perhaps even more so than Finchstar, after all, Finchstar had nine lives to spend; Aspenheart only has one. I know more about you than you think. The thought sent shivers down her spine. Had Aspenheart been watching her? Why would such an important cat take interest in her? She wasn't special. If anything, he should've been watching Downkit or Sunpaw. They were much cooler than she was.

Aspenheart was right; Downkit was ecstatic about his upcoming ceremony, their upcoming ceremony. The words echoed in her head, and she shoved them to a faraway corner, focusing on Aspenheart only. She liked the sound of his voice, how it seemed to echo only slightly in the den. His tabby pelt made him think of her mother, so did his eyes. Except his looked sad, haunted even. Hesitating? Was it that obvious? He was right, her mind never seemed to want to watch the warriors; it seemed to call her to the medicine cat den. Her paws longed to carry her there, to breath the herby scent of this den. As if he could read her mind, he asked if she liked how the den smelled. "Yes.. I-I do... My paws carry me here sometimes, and I like breathing in the scent of fresh herbs.." She might have continued, but Aspenheart's next sentence caught her off guard completely.

I want you to be my apprentice.

Something inside of her lit up, and her generally sad looking blue eyes flared with passion. Instantly, even if her mind was unsure, her heart knew. Her heart knew she would be a medicine cat. Aspenheart began to explain how important this decision was. When he began to describe Mintwhisker's punishment, her eyes grew wide. So far, she'd assumed StarClan could do no wrong. But perhaps... Perhaps they were just cats too. Sister? Oh, yes, Clovertwist often spoke of her. Maybe she was like her, maybe her paws felt a similar longing..

Softkit wanted to comfort the medicine cat, he'd looked so sound, his voice filled will a powerful emotion. She'd need to trust him. More than she trusted herself. That was easy, the cream colored she-kit already did; he looked like a trustworthy cat. As if you could depend on him no matter what; and she would. For once, she was certain about one thing. Her next words were smooth and steady, not a drop of hesitation.

"Yes."

Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Softkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Softkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptySat 4 Jan 2020 - 10:40

Aspenheart stifled a smile. Though she was clearly grateful and determined, he felt a twinge of pity for her. She would see much more preventable death and suffering in her lifetime. But, for now, she was six moons old. She didn't know thyme from juniper, and that was a problem indeed. Besides, all the excitement was bothering his head. Soon, he would have to instruct her in the complexities of his condition, to prepare her. Tonight was not that night. With a huff of laughter and a playful prod of Softkit's cheek, he began to hobble weakly to his place in the den. "We will go tomorrow to receive StarClan's blessing. Ha! How messed up would it be if they just told you 'no'?" the medicine cat cackled wildly. Noticing the sudden shift in her expression, he cleared his throat. "Uh, they've never done it before, if that helps. Tell your father the next quail he finds is mine! I'm trying something new with the feathers, and I got too much mouse bile on my last set! I'll see you at sunhigh tomorrow!"

The night came and went, and Aspenheart was taken by seizures once more. At dawn, he nearly told an apprentice to fish out a pricker by himself. He was woefully exhausted, and more sour than usual. Still, it was an important day. He met Softkit at the camp entrance, the gorse tunnel looking rather meager in the frost. He slid a leaf-full of herbs towards his to-be apprentice.

"You get a free lesson,"
he lectured as he lapped up his own pile. "Traveling herbs are a basic concoction, and they taste like the Dark Forest. Daisy, chamomile, burnet, and sorrel. Twolegs grow daisies and chamomile in bulk. One good trip to Twolegplace and you're set for a moon. I'm putting you on herb mixing first thing when we get back. My paws aren't so great at closing the parcel, with the shakes. Alright, let's move out!"

With the unnaturally casual exchange of knowledge, Aspenheart led Softkit out of camp. He presumed this was only her first or second time out of camp. What a ways to walk!

Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Softkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Softkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptySun 5 Jan 2020 - 2:59

Softkit stood fidgeting by the camp entrance. Excited as she was, her nervousness drowned those flames easily. Aspenheart's words rang in her ears, fresh as snow.
If they just told you 'no'?
What would happen then? Would StarClan refuse her? Oh, her heart wanted this badly, and if StarClan refused, Softkit would be devasted.

Aspenheart set a pile of herbs down in from of her. There was a bitter tang to the herby scent. Daisy, chamomile, sorrel, and burnet. She'd remember that. Put her on herb mixing? Oh, that must mean he had faith in her! She lapped up the herbs, remembering the taste of each. The daisy was almost sweet, with a small tang of bitterness in the aftertaste. Burnet was as bitter as a cold leaf-bare dawn. Chamomile made her feel numb and cold, and the sorrel was almost pleasant. Together, though, the highs and lows were so drastic from one another that she didn't find it pleasant. Although, they certainly were proving useful. Softkit felt like she could run over the entire moor!

Softkit noticed that Aspenheart wobbled unsteadily, and favored his left. She moved to his right casually, flanking him to try and steady his gait. Perhaps he needed some herbs, too. Excitement surged in her pelt. Would she meet other medicine cats? Who would visit her in StarClan? What did the Moonstone look like?

Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Softkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Softkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptySun 5 Jan 2020 - 5:53

Aspenheart snorted as Softkit switched sides, wary of his legs. Even past its absurdity (and the slight embarrassment of apparently looking in need of assistance), it was a testament to his good choice. An observant medicine cat was a good medicine cat. "That didn't take you long to notice!" he cackled. "Don't worry, I've got it. I've been like this since I was a 'paw, and I haven't fallen over yet! Besides, you're going to get hip-checked if you're not careful!"

The silver tom waited a moment and purposely knocked his hip into Softkit's flank, sending her tumbling. He laughed heartily, so much in fact that he had to sit down and wait for the giggling to subside before continuing on their way. It was around sundown when Aspenheart spoke again, this time with less humor. It was his general medicine-voice, when explaining an injury or a sickness.

"I hate to admit it, but I chose this life originally to keep myself from the elders' den," he said after a deep sigh. "I was a warrior apprentice. There was a great flood, many seasons ago. It took us from our homes and chased us into the mountains. Over the course of a quarter moon I had three head injuries, two of which sustained while defending clanmates from dogs that were also displaced by the flood. It was too many, too violent, and too quick a succession for me to recover. It should have killed me, but it instead destroyed my brain. It was like... I had forgotten how to walk. I knew how, but my body didn't. And worse of all is the falling..."

The sun disappeared over the mountains they spoke of. He paused so the pair could crawl through the tunnel under the thunderpath, him gently instructing her to keep her head low; the dirt fell into your eyes when you looked up. He continued as they climbed the rocks, Softkit in front and Aspenheart behind. "If you're going to share my den, you'll need to know so you don't get scared. No herbs have ever healed me. They've only dulled the symptoms. There will be days where my legs will lock. I will fall and I will shake. You'll think I'm dying. But it only lasts for a minute, and then I'm okay. There's another kind of fall. I don't fall at all, really... I just freeze, like a trance. I never remember doing it until I wake up." The mothermouth was tall and eerie, but they did not enter yet. Aspenheart sat down outside and invited Softkit to join him. "I have accepted that this will kill me when I don't have the strength to wake up anymore. But that day isn't here yet. When it does come, you will pick up what I left behind. I need the extra set of paws. Collecting herbs is too much of a chore on my own. That is why you're here. I want you to be the medicine cat WindClan deserves... because I'm not. Before we go in, do you understand?"

Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Softkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Softkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptySun 5 Jan 2020 - 6:51

Softkit stumbled sideways, stifling a purr. Playfully swatting her new-soon-to-be-mentor, she ducked out of reach in case he might attack back. Once they both recovered from their case of the giggles, she moved to flank his right once more, even though he assured her he was fine. She kept a steady pace beside him, her cream pelt blurring into his silver one. They continued on like this for a while, until it felt as if it were always like this. The silence was comfortable to the kit, and she enjoyed listening to his steady breathing. She was comforted by his presence, however wobbly it may be.

When Aspenheart spoke again, by now it was almost sundown, it startled her and she squeaked. She listened as he began his tale of a flood. She imagined a torrent of water crashing over the vast expanse of moorland, destroying everything and even carrying away cats. She felt awful for the medicine cat. Three head injuries? It must have hurt awfully bad. It should have killed me. "Don't say that! I'm happy you are here, and so is all of WindClan." She stared up at him, a small frown as she let him continue.

It must have been terrifying, not being able to function properly. Falling? What falling? Before she could ask, he ushered her into a tunnel under what he called a thunderpath. She kept her head low, as the silver tabby tom instructed her. They began climbing as he continued, Softkit in front of him. No herbs have ever cured me. There was sickness herbs couldn't heal? Softkit shuddered at the thought of not being able to do anything for a sick cat. Softkit's eyes rounded in sympathy, not that Aspenheart could see from behind her. It must be awful. I'll take care of you, she vowed to herself silently, until the day either of us breath our last. Mouthmouth was tall, and gave off an eerie vibe that made Softkit shrink slightly. Aspenheart waved her over, and she gladly sat next to him.

Softkit gazed at him, a newly found realization formed in her. Of course, Aspenheart was sick. Sooner or later, he would die. When he did, WindClan would be rendered helpless and vulnerable. With Aspenheart's falls, it would be dangerous collecting herbs. She would learn them by name, appearance, and scent, then she'd gather them and bring them to him, so that he could heal and teach her to heal as well. Softkit promised to herself to look after Aspenheart, just as she would all her clanmates. She didn't agree with something he said, though. In fact, she couldn't have disagreed more.

"I understand, Aspenheart. But... I d-disagree.. WindClan needs you, and we're so fortunate to have a skilled medicine cat like you. Please don't forget that you're needed here," She whispered, blue eyes gazing up at him.

Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Softkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Softkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyMon 6 Jan 2020 - 11:28

Aspenheart was stunned by Softkit's poise and maturity for her age... something he clearly never developed. He stayed silent, ignoring the introspection that her statement demanded. He gestured to the tunnel with only a head nod and crawled down into the darkness. Keeping Softkit on his tail was a challenge, but the confusing maze of tunnels on the moors made this straight-shot down seem like leaf-catching. And then, finally, they emerged just in time to watch the moon hit the beautiful Moonstone. The light pulsed with the passing clouds, wind whistling in the strange cavern. He turned to find Softkit and enjoyed the sight of moonlight in her wide, curious eyes. His smile dropped rather suddenly. There was serious business to be done. There was no need for the Aspenheart WindClan knew when medicinal duties called.

He cleared his throat. The walls echoed. "Softkit," he called out, not a trace of his previously impish demeanor remaining. "Is it your wish to enter the mysteries of StarClan as a medicine cat apprentice?"

Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Softkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Softkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyTue 7 Jan 2020 - 8:07

(OOC: I had almost two paragraphs and then chrome shut down ;;)
IC:

Softkit stumbled after the silver tabby as he wobbled into the dark abyss. She shivered as the chilly air crept down her spine, breath coming in icy puffs. Great StarClan, it was freezing. She wished desperately to push into Aspenheart's fur and feel his warmth against hers. Alas, the tunnel walls were much too narrow. She stayed as close to his tail as possible, terrified of getting separated from him, cursed to walk the lonely path of darkness. If her eyes were closed, she did not know. If they were open, she did not know. It made no difference. When they emerged into a hollowed out chamber, Softkit only knew because of the colder air.

And then there was magic. The room lit up in white light, glittering around the once dark room. In the center was the most beautiful thing Softkit had ever seen, and that's saying something, since her mother, Graybriar, was strikingly beautiful. Moonlight reflected off the crystal, as well as her own blue eyes. She stood there for a moment, unaware of anything except the Moonstone. Her breath slowed to slow puffs of awe, blue eyes stretched wide. She'd remember this moment for the rest of her life, she was sure. When Aspenheart began to speak, she did not hear. Her ears were tingling from whispering echoes she could not hear.

Softkkit blinked as she heard the last words from Aspenheart.
...as a medicine cat apprentice?
"Yes, it is." She mewed, her voice steady and clear as she raised her chin and looked into the silver tabby tom's blue eyes with her own. This was it. StarClan couldn't turn her back now, could they?

Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Softkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Softkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyWed 8 Jan 2020 - 4:14

Aspenheart took a deep breath and stood up straight. Correct posture was reserved for special occasions only. "StarClan, the time has come for me to appoint an apprentice. I present to you, Softkit of WindClan. She has chosen the path of a medicine cat, and will dedicate her life to healing all who need it. Grant her your wisdom and insight so that she may understand your ways and heal her Clan to the best of her ability." This speech was all too familiar. His heart broke for the missing apprentice he let down. It was time to right some wrongs. "From now until you complete your medicine cat rites, you shall be known as Softpaw: medicine cat apprentice of WindClan. May StarClan light your path with their strength, and pass their knowledge through you."

The stone was at its peak clarity now. Aspenheart waddled towards it and patted the spot beside him for Softpaw to sit down. "Alrighty, all you have to do it lay down and take a nap. That should be easy for you. But you have to be touching the stone." Aspenheart settled down for his own much-needed sleep in the safety of StarClan's holy ground. "I hope whoever you meet gives you what you're looking for."

Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Softkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Softkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyWed 8 Jan 2020 - 8:22

ooc: I'll be using NPCs, since it's easier xDD
IC:

Softkit- no, she was Softpaw now, held her breath and padded delicately over to the Moonstone. Folding her short legs beneath her, she exhaled, closed her eyes and touched her nose to the cold surface, so unlike anything she'd ever felt before. Yet it felt so natural.

---------

"Hey, kit. Wake up."

Blue eyes flared open in alarm. Where was she? Had some cat hurt Aspenheart and taken her? Her gaze swivelled upward and met a huge black tom. His pelt was sleek and shiny, and although tall, he was slender with wide shoulders. He had a smushed face and bright yellow eyes. One ear had a tear at the top, and scars decorated his pelt. Softpaw would have been afraid normally, but when she peered behind him, she saw.... WindClan? No, that couldn't be right. She didn't remember seeing that heather clump there, and that dip there was far too deep. This wasn't WindClan. This was StarClan! Looking back at the tom who scared her, she noticed a starry glimmer at his paws, shining silver. "H-hello! A-are you StarClan...?"

"Yes, kit. I am a StarClan cat. You want to be a medicine cat, eh? Well, StarClan does not accept. We refuse to allow you to be medicine cat of WindClan." He said in a gruff voice, peering down at the anxious kit.

At those words, Softpaw's heart broke in two. They.... They don't want her...? Why? Why would StarClan do that..? Before she could question him, an elegant she-cat appeared. "Darksong! You've terrified the poor dear, just look at her!" The silver tabby cat hissed to the tom. She was slender, and came up to the tom's shoulders. Her silver pelt was delicately decorated with gray, and her friendly yellow eyes were round with sympathy. She had one scar, on her left paw. She had white paws and tail tip, starlight glimmering around her paws, too.

The she-cat turned to Softpaw, "Don't listen to him, little one. He tells all the cats he meets absurd things. Once, he told some poor apprentice he was in the dark forest. I'm Echolight. Believe it or not, we're littermates, Darksong and I. I was friends with your great-grandmother, little one. You'll make an excellent medicine cat, I'm sure! Come, follow me," Echolight began to pad down the hill, Darksong following them. They led Softpaw to a little pool.

"Tell me, little one, what do you see?"
"I-I see.... I see stars, a-and the moon... Oh! There's WindClan! I-I see the moor, and heather, and trees beyond that!
Darksong grunted, "I could have told you that."
"Hush, Darksong, she did wonderfully. Softpaw, I believe in you, as does Aspenheart. You need to believe in yourself, dear. You're very observant, and you answer questions with straightforward answers. You have a kind heart, Softpaw. Use that to guide you. Welcome, Softpaw."
"W-wait! Don't go!"
"We're never that far away, kit," before they faded completely, Softpaw heard a gentle whisper. "Trust your instincts, kit. I believe in you, too.

-------

"Aspenheart? Oh, Aspenheart! They accepted me! They really accepted me!" Softpaw jumped up, excitement in her voice and paws. She ran over to Aspenheart and nuzzled the tom, purring loudly. I'm an official medicine cat apprentice, now!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Softkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Softkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Softkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony
Page 1 of 1