Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

w h i s p e r s [closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Apprentice - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6659

w h i s p e r s [closed] Empty
PostSubject: w h i s p e r s [closed]   w h i s p e r s [closed] EmptyMon 30 Dec 2019 - 6:23

Lightening crackled through the air, followed swiftly by the low rumbles of thunder that lulled the exhausted clanmates into their peaceful sleep. Above the gathered clouds, Starclan paced as they witnessed the events below. The forest had always been filled with elements of madness, but this was perhaps one of the most heinous things to have stained the snow. Behind the slash of claws was something that most deaths of great clans thankfully lacked: intent.

One particular cat found herself restless against the backdrop of the stars. Her battle-scarred and worn tabby coat shifted with each brisk pace. She wanted to descend from above and rip the pelt from that apprentice. The only thing that stopped her was the knowledge that once she too had attempted to strip the life from one's frame before. But Wolffang also knew that she would have taken the tail of her former self in a heartbeat. Coming to terms with the near helplessness of Starclan at any useful point in time was something that she would never settle into easily. If it meant clawing away at the boundaries of this place, she would. Well, for some cats. Probably not for anyone other than Shadowclan or Thunderclan. Her eyes narrowed to slits and she stopped suddenly as she crafted an idea. That kin of hers, the one that still walked among the forest, perhaps he would not be as down-brained as he had appeared to be so far. Maybe Oakstar could drag some sense from his wiry, thin frame.

With that, a decision was made. Oakstar would be given the message. Her brother lacked a few things, one of them certainly not being that soft underbelly he possessed, but above all he possessed an undeniable strength. For as much as she pestered him from the afterlife, perhaps even more so than when they were kits, even Wolffang had to come to terms with the fact that she admired him. So it was the Thunderclan leader's resting mind that she sought out on the night of this storm. It wasn't too difficult to send the omen that she crafted.

Before his unconscious mind, a silent storm raged similar to the one that was above camp. It surrounded Oakstar, lightening crackling around his paws and teasing the fur that stood from his pelt. There seemed to be no escape or direction. Nowhere to run. Another flash, and still no hope. This continued for some time. A wild, song-less dance that trapped the leader and sought to confuse him.

Another flash, this one brighter than the rest. Before him stood a great dog. The creature did not show its teeth. Instead of bearing fangs or lunging as most of the great beasts did, it simply looked down on him with a great wisdom in its gaze. It was as if its eyes beckoned Oakstar forward and as he was drawn in, it lead him away from the darkness and into a pale, simple light. There was gloom but he had been freed from the torment of the storm. And then came Wolffang's whisper.

"Let the baying of the dog guide your paws into the light."

w h i s p e r s [closed] Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 1 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Back to top Go down
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Characters : Kestrelkit (SkC) | Marshkit (SC)
Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 2438

w h i s p e r s [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: w h i s p e r s [closed]   w h i s p e r s [closed] EmptyThu 2 Jan 2020 - 7:33

Lightning and thunder echoed outside of the leader’s cavernous den. Normally, he’d be curled tightly around Dustcloud and his kits, but space seemed very tight with his bulk in the way, so he had conceded to himself to sleeping in his own den. The chill of the air made him miss the warmth. He was used to having his mate beside him as he slept, but for now there was only a chill. One that crept down his spine as trees smacked against each other in the wind. Each step towards a peaceful slumber derailed by noise.

Until he felt himself drop. The sensation of falling was brief, but clear. It made his claws dig out in his nest as his mind recognised that he was now dreaming. Well, at least he was asleep. Amber eyes looked through the storm that blew fiercely even in his dreams. The fur on his spine rising as the scent of something foul blew into his muzzle.

All at once, lightning set his world on fire. He yowled and leapt away from the flames that sparked from each blast that seemed to come from nowhere. The safety of his den faded into a darkened space with little light, except for the lightning that forced him to move towards the horrid stench.

The sound of panting reached his ears first. Oakstar’s entire body froze, before slowly turning to see a massive dog. Where he expected to see teeth and a fiercely snarling jowl… there was a muzzle. Long as dogs usually were, as the storm around him seemed to taper. The great beast seemed … uninterested, at first. Then, as Oakstar padded closer, he could see the dog watching him. Respecting him. Amber eyes blinked slowly, then widened as words filtered through a breezy remnant of storm.

"Let the baying of dogs guide me?" He asked, his head turned. Gaze hopeful to see a starry cat nearby. Was this a vision? Yet all he was met with, was darkness and silence as the storm seemed to suddenly recede around him.

Amber eyes snapped open as a loud burst of lightning made the ground tremble. He stood on his paws, startled and confused as the landscape was gone… and so was the dog. He blinked slowly, then shook his head, curling back up. The message had a meaning, somewhere, and it was his job to find it.

w h i s p e r s [closed]
Page 1 of 1