Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Singing Grass- part two

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Drippy

Drippy

Characters : Living: Sunpaw. Dead: so many
Clan/Rank : TC Apprentice
Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 3838

Singing Grass- part two Empty
PostSubject: Singing Grass- part two   Singing Grass- part two EmptyThu 26 Dec 2019 - 23:11

Continuation of https://warriorclancats.forumotion.com/t40164-singing-grass-part-one
The night had passed, the sun was beginning to rise. Lynxtail sat up slowly, blinking away the fog that clouded his vision, and felt his stomach rumble. He glanced at Frostpaw, wondering if he should wake her up. She'd slept fitfully– he could hear her rolling from one side to the other from across the clearing, and he'd woken her from a nightmare when she finally dozed off.
Although he'd been half-asleep, he could clearly remember her fervent apologies when he woke her up, and he again felt a jolt of guilt. She probably thought that he was going to leave her behind, and he couldn't blame her. He almost did.
Besides, she couldn't help her dreams, and her experience with the Twolegs had been far more traumatic than his. Nightmares were to be expected.
Lynxtail stretched, glancing at the apprentice again. He noticed that she was sleeping with her injured leg stuck out away from her, almost like she was afraid to touch it. He stepped towards the wall of grass, then paused, turning back towards Frostpaw. He didn't want her to panic if she woke up and found him missing, so he awkwardly nudged her awake. "I'm going hunting," He said.

Frostpaw blinked blearily up at him. "Alright," She muttered, stretching. She blinked, surprised at the tension she felt in her limbs, and gingerly stood, her fur bristling against the bitter morning breeze. Frostpaw was sore and exhausted– she couldn't remember what had happened last night, but she knew that she hadn't gotten much sleep.
Yawning, the young she-cat watched Lynxtail disappear into the grass, then sat down heavily. Everything was strange. She was stuck in the middle of nowhere with a strange cat she'd never met and was forced to rely on him for food and shelter. She felt defenseless, with no idea what to expect. Already her mind was whirring, trying to come up with some sort of plan, something she could lean on, but it was no use. She had no way of knowing where she was or how to get home again.

Drippy

Characters : Living: Sunpaw. Dead: so many
Clan/Rank : TC Apprentice
Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 3838

Singing Grass- part two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Singing Grass- part two   Singing Grass- part two EmptyThu 26 Dec 2019 - 23:30

After what felt like days, but was probably only a few hours, Lynxtail returned with a jawful of fresh-kill– a particularly strange-looking bird with two long tail feathers, as well as several mice –and news.
"Did you know that there are cats living here?" He mewed, nudging the bird towards Frostpaw. "A whole clan, almost, only they're not calling themselves a clan."
Frostpaw tilted her head, eyeing the bird.
"It's a pheasant, they told me. Some sort of bird. Anyway–"
Frostpaw nodded and began to eat with gusto as Lynxtail spoke, half-listening as he droned on and on about things she didn't understand, things like roads and runners and cages.
"–So if we follow the Thunderpath- well, they call it a road -towards the mountains, we'll eventually make it to Twolegplace!"

That caught Frostpaw's attention. She looked up from her half-finished bird, her ears twitching. "Aren't we in Twolegplace?" She asked.
Lynxtail shook his head. "Yes and no. This is definitely not the clans, but no Twolegs live here. They use their runners- what we call monsters -on the road to go from one Twolegplace to another, and I'm pretty sure that our Twolegplace is at the end of that road."

Frostpaw nodded along, but she couldn't help being skeptical. Lynxtail, his speech finished, dug into his meal and quickly finished eating. He was obviously eager to start moving.
"...Do you trust them? The cats, I mean. Why would they wanna help us?" Frostpaw asked.
"Of course I trust them- I mean, why would they lie? They've got nothing to gain from it." Lynxtail said, standing.
The dark-furred apprentice did the same. Now was not the time to go picking fights, even if she couldn't shake the feeling that they should be avoiding the Twolegs at all costs.
"You're probably right..."

Lynxtail either didn't notice her reluctance, or pretended not to. "Come on," He began to stride through the grass, but his pawsteps faltered. "Err..." He turned back towards Frostpaw. "Is it alright if I carry you? It's just that you can't exactly... walk as fast as I can, and I want to make it back to the Thunderpath as quickly as possible."
Frostpaw sighed, then nodded, even as her instincts told her that she was making the wrong choice. The Thunderpath would scare away prey, and of course, there was the danger of the monsters themselves. She could clearly remember running into Oakstar, and the chilling lesson he had taught her.
Still, she didn't want to risk being left behind, so she allowed herself to be carried through the grass like a kit, no matter how embarrassed and worried she was.

Singing Grass- part two
Page 1 of 1