Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Pay Attention

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kade

Kade

Characters : [R]owan
Clan/Rank : [R]T1 Rogue
Gemini Rooster
Number of posts : 466

Pay Attention Empty
PostSubject: Pay Attention   Pay Attention EmptyDecember 25th 2019, 5:18 pm

Cardinalcry nudged Petalpaw at the break of dusk. "Time to train, Petalpaw. Meet me outside." She padded out by the camp exit and licked her paw.

Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Characters : (P)Petalpaw (B)Barkkit (S)Sunkit
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 3341

Pay Attention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pay Attention   Pay Attention EmptyDecember 25th 2019, 5:45 pm

"Already? Come on, the sun's barely even yet," Petalpaw whined, rolling onto his other side dramatically. Honestly, if he was expected to wake up this early every day, he had probably been better off as a kit. His life was truly miserable. After groveling in his nest for a few extra moments, for the sole purpose of proving his point, he climbed to his paws and walked out of the den, making a show out of how tired he was. He really had to sell it if he wanted anyone to take anything he said seriously. Luckily for him, he was great at being overly dramatic. Multiple exaggerated yawns and heavy footfalls later, he finally reached Cardinalcry at the camp's exit. "Fine, I guess I'll get up to train. But this is way too early if you ask me. It takes rest to be this beautiful you know."

Pay Attention Signat10

Last edited by Squirrelnose on December 25th 2019, 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kade

Kade

Gemini Rooster

Pay Attention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pay Attention   Pay Attention EmptyDecember 25th 2019, 6:44 pm

Cardinalcry chuckled at the little joke. "If you're so tired, perhaps you need to go to sleep earlier. I'm sure you only need time to adjust, though. Now, come on; we're going to begin with hunting. What do you know already?" In order to teach him, she had to know what he didn't know.

ooc: pssst, shadowclan is up at night so the sun would be going down!

Last edited by Santa Klade on December 28th 2019, 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

Pay Attention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pay Attention   Pay Attention EmptyDecember 25th 2019, 7:35 pm

OOC: Ahh you're right, thanks. Edited it.

"Well maybe I will, if I'm not worked incredibly late as well," Petalpaw quipped, rolling his eyes obnoxiously. Despite the annoyance he was halfheartedly faking, there was a cheerful grin on his face. He was an apprentice now, and he would be leaving camp for the first time. That was definitely something to be happy about. That is, if Cardinalcry didn't continue to bother him with her one seemingly endless questions. "Oh StarClan, you're testing me already? Well sorry, but I didn't know I was supposed to be preparing for this. I guess I know that hunting is killing prey, like mice and stuff, to eat so the clan doesn't starve to death. I at least got that, right?" There was a certain carelessness to his voice that suggested he was a lot less bothered than his words indicated, and not taking the question as seriously as he probably should've been.

Pay Attention Signat10
Back to top Go down
Kade

Kade

Gemini Rooster

Pay Attention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pay Attention   Pay Attention EmptyDecember 28th 2019, 3:00 pm

Cardinalcry chose to ignore the carelessness- he was a brand new apprentice, after all- and continued on. "Alright. To start, you need to learn how to do a hunting stance. Shadowclan cats are stealthy and quiet." She lowered herself into what was now second nature. "Keep your weight balanced on all four paws, right? Your stance should be relatively wide, your body lowered, and watch where your tail is. As in, pay attention as to where it is. Try it."

Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

Pay Attention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pay Attention   Pay Attention EmptyDecember 31st 2019, 10:19 am

"Okay. I can do that." Petalpaw did his best to replicate his mentor's stance, feeling vaguely uncertain about if he was correct or not. It seemed simple enough, all he had to do was copy what Cardinalcry was doing and listen to her instructions. Spreading his paws apart slightly wider than he had been previously, the apprentice crouched down, trying to keep his weight evenly balanced throughout all four of his paws. What else had she said? Watch where where his tail was? What was that supposed to mean? Now that he was thinking about it, wherever he moved his tail to felt awkward. Sighing, he rolled his eyes and pouted the best he could while still holding that position. "Okay but, what should I do with my tail?"

Pay Attention Signat10
Back to top Go down
Kade

Kade

Gemini Rooster

Pay Attention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pay Attention   Pay Attention EmptyJanuary 4th 2020, 6:46 pm

Cardinalcry thought about the question for a moment. "Well, hold it as still as you can, because too much movement might alert the prey. And while you're stalking, it would brush a branch or bush, so you have to be aware of that too." She explained.

Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

Pay Attention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pay Attention   Pay Attention EmptyJanuary 4th 2020, 9:33 pm

"Makes sense," Petalpaw replied, making the conscious decision to stop being difficult and actually try to do this. Still holding the crouch, the apprentice did his best to keep his tail still, and out of the way of any unsuspecting trees or bushes. Yeah, he could definitely do this. Cardinalcry would be so impressed once he started actually hunting, he couldn't wait. "Now what?"

Pay Attention Signat10
Back to top Go down
Kade

Kade

Gemini Rooster

Pay Attention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pay Attention   Pay Attention EmptyJanuary 8th 2020, 7:08 pm

"Scent something out. Try and find something to hunt. As long as you're downwind and quiet, it won't sense you coming. When you're an easy jump's away, pounce. If it doesn't die immidiately, bite its neck." Cardinalcry explained.

Sponsored content

Pay Attention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pay Attention   Pay Attention Empty

Back to top Go down

Pay Attention
Page 1 of 1