Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
The Clans, having faced their various opponents and challenges, fight to maintain the normal lives they have built. What struggles await them as the creeping fingers of leaf-bare grip the forest?
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. This month's activity check has been completed and closed. If you missed it, please PM a staff member with the filled form for each of your characters.
Leaf-bare has set in, the days bitterly cold. The prey of the territory have taken shelter for the season, making hunting difficult. Herbs are dying in the crisp, cold air. How will the clans fare?
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Make sure to check your Clan's Key Events under the Clan Information boards to see what's happening in your Clan!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

better days [closed]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
rhindon

rhindon

Characters : [R]aventail ♂ | [L]ightfang ♂ | [S]nowpaw ♂
Male
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 767

better days [closed] Empty
PostSubject: better days [closed]   better days [closed] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2019 6:16 pm

Raventail got up early these days. Though the beasts were partially to blame—nothing could turn an owl into a lark quite like being attacked in the dead of night—he chalked the rest up to his newly (and gladly) relinquished leadership. After spending a moon on high alert, his mind refused to accept peace as reality; he had to pry its worries away bit by bit, a process as time-consuming as it was difficult. But not all of these habits needed to change. Once he remembered how to sleep soundly, he might even appreciate being more awake to organize the dawn patrols.

Under a half-clouded sky, WindClan rose. Raventail offered a soft greeting to anyone who wandered near and left Dappleshine’s side just long enough to send out the day’s first patrol—long enough, as it turned out, for the day’s previous plans to slip out of his grasp. He’d leaned on Dappleshine throughout everything, the way he had for seasons. Still, he missed her. Since their reunion, they’d been forced to fight off angry words, the moor’s beasts… What they needed was a chance to breathe.

An idea pounced into the forefront of his mind. It lingered there, expectant as a kit sitting beneath the Tallrock. That was all it took to convince Raventail. With a pair of brown-feathered birds in his mouth and a pleasant sort of nervousness buzzing gently in his stomach, he returned to his nest and his mate, depositing the larger bird near her. ”Good morning,” he purred as he settled beside her. His mismatched paws kneaded the edge of the nest, catching on bits of plant and wool before he realized what he was doing. ”Got any plans for today?”

better days [closed] Zl0bITv
Raventail [100/280]      
WindClan Deputy V      
Lightfang [80/240]    
WindClan Warrior IV    
    Snowpaw [15/50]
    RiverClan Apprentice
      Bitternkit [0/0]
      ThunderClan Unborn
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Mosspelt

Characters : Mossbloom (M) ; Dappleshine (D) ; Goldengale (G) ; Blossompaw (B)
Female
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1403
Clan/Rank : (M) ThunderClan - Tier 3 Medicine Cat ; (D) WindClan - Tier 5 Warrior ; (G) WindClan - Tier 4 Warrior ; (B) SkyClan - Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: better days [closed]   better days [closed] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2019 7:36 pm

Dappleshine purred tiredly in her sleep as her mate left her side, curling up tighter as cold air filled the space that he had taken up. She attempted to fight the alertness threatening her dream, a fine dream it had been. It had felt so warm.... Already though, it was slipping like water through her paws. Oh well, there would be another. Her blue eyes opened as she took in the other warriors rising and setting about their tasks for the day, and she began to groom her face carefully as she wondered what patrols she would be assigned to today. It had been so long since her and Raventail had some time together, especially alone... Although she hadn't minded much. He had his duties and responsibilities, and had even more cast upon him. She was grateful just to have the chance to stand at his side and support him. 

Just then, her love appeared in the entrance to the den, a pair of birds in his jaws as he set one of the birds at her paws and settled next to her with a purr. She greeted him warmly with a lick to his cheek and a purr to match, pressing her warm side to his colder pelt. "Good morning, my love, and thank you! I was actually about to come find you to ask, as far as I know I'm free for the day outside of any patrols you'd like me to join. What about you?" She took note of his paws kneading their nest with interest before licking his ear and turning towards the bird he had brought. Delicately plucking the feathers from the bird, her mind flickered to the eagle feathers she had once plucked free as she tucked them into their nest. An ear flicked at the memory as she took a smile bite, chirping happily after chewing. 

Mossbloom (She-Cat) ~ 55 HP/150 SP ~ ThunderClan Medicine Cat (Tier 3) ~ (009933)
Dappleshine (She-Cat) ~ 100 HP/280 SP ~ WindClan Warrior (Tier 5) ~ (006699)
Goldengale (She-Cat) ~ 80 HP/240 SP ~ WindClan Warrior (Tier 4) ~ (ff9900)
Blossompaw (She-Cat) ~ 20 HP/80 SP ~ SkyClan Apprentice ~ (9966cc)

Site Administrator ~~~ ThunderClan Medicine Cat
Back to top Go down
rhindon

rhindon

Male
Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: better days [closed]   better days [closed] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2019 6:36 am

Though his pelt made a decent shield against the cold, sinking into Dappleshine’s side was all too easy. Raventail’s eyes fell shut. Mornings like this were few and far between. If he’d been able to, he would have gladly stayed here until sundown. But leaf-bare was coming, Finchstar needed his deputy, WindClan needed every set of paws they could gather for hunting and patrolling and weaving wool into nests—and if Dappleshine accepted, he wouldn’t be leaving camp alone.

Dappleshine let out a content chirp. Warm to the tips of his ears, Raventail opened his eyes. ”That depends,” he said, picking a few feathers off of his own bird. At least that would keep his claws too busy to risk destroying their nest. ”What would you say to a walk? I’ve been meaning to show you the moor for…” He paused. "For a while, actually." How long had it been? Since the barn, certainly—but looking back, he’d had bits and pieces of that idea as early as WindClan’s first set of peaceful days. Dappleshine had mattered to him long before he’d been able to put words to how. Even when borders and the stresses of deputyship had made it impossible, he had wondered: If he could race Barleytuft and watch sunsets with Finchstar, why shouldn’t he do the same with his dearest friend?

His claw slipped amidst the feathers. Raventail abandoned the bird in favor of looking directly at his mate. ”I’m sure you’ve seen most of it by now, but…I want you to see it as it should be, you know?” The nightmare had ended. The moor that lay before them today was the moor he’d healed enough to love. ”And, well—“ He licked her ear, then leaned back with a lopsided smile, shedding his not-quite-somber tone as easily as a RiverClanner shedding water. ”I've missed you.”

Raventail [100/280]      
WindClan Deputy V      
Lightfang [80/240]    
WindClan Warrior IV    
    Snowpaw [15/50]
    RiverClan Apprentice
      Bitternkit [0/0]
      ThunderClan Unborn
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Mosspelt

Female
Cancer Rat
Clan/Rank : (M) ThunderClan - Tier 3 Medicine Cat ; (D) WindClan - Tier 5 Warrior ; (G) WindClan - Tier 4 Warrior ; (B) SkyClan - Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: better days [closed]   better days [closed] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2019 7:55 pm

Dappleshine felt like she was melting against her mate as he cuddled to her side, eyes closing. The opened moments later as she began to eat, pulling his own bird towards himself. She took a bite as he made his offer, but she slowed mid-chew as his words registered. A walk on the moor with him, alone, just the two of them. Her eyes softened as she swallowed before turning towards him and resting her nose under his chin. "I would love that, Raventail." She had been longing to have some time with the tom, to accompany him through the moors and maybe see it from his perspective finally. 

The bird lay abandoned at her paws, a single bite having been taken from it as she gazed warmly at her love. "I would see anywhere as many times as I can with you, and it would be very nice to see the moors without the threat of... Well, you know." Her gaze dropped solemnly, raising again as he licked her ear. His lopsided smile brought her joy, and she returned it with a wide, bright one of her own. "I've missed you too, my love." Stretching her paws forward in front of her, she took another bite of the bird. "Let's finish eating, and we can head out! If you want, we can share my bird!" Nudging her bird towards him, she licked his cheek tenderly. 

Mossbloom (She-Cat) ~ 55 HP/150 SP ~ ThunderClan Medicine Cat (Tier 3) ~ (009933)

Back to top Go down
rhindon

rhindon

Male
Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: better days [closed]   better days [closed] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2020 12:44 pm

The subtle shift in Dappleshine’s expression made Raventail’s heart rise. Then she pressed her nose into his fur and confirmed what he’d hoped her answer would be, and his heart climbed further still. He would have understood reluctance, even refusal, especially since she’d joined under less-than-pleasant circumstances; if she felt it, it didn’t show behind her grin. ”Then I think I’ll be busy today after all.” Another purr rumbled out of him. Anywhere, with me. Anywhere in the forest and beyond. He’d chosen, gladly, willingly, to restrict his wanderings to the hills and Fourtrees, but the image made his paws itch.

Dappleshine licked his cheek, and he tucked that thought away for the moment. They had an adventure before them now; though the land would be familiar, it was beyond good enough for him. Just him and Dappleshine and the late leaf-fall winds. Raventail looked at the half-plucked bird resting between his own paws. Suddenly, eating was the last thing on his mind. He couldn’t put this back in the fresh-kill pile, could he…? ”I’ll save this for later,” he decided, setting it off to the side for good and taking a bite of the bird Dappleshine had offered instead. In short order, he finished his half, then pushed what remained back toward his mate, yellow eyes wide and bright. ”Anywhere you want to start, or should we just…walk?”

Raventail [100/280]      
WindClan Deputy V      
Lightfang [80/240]    
WindClan Warrior IV    
    Snowpaw [15/50]
    RiverClan Apprentice
      Bitternkit [0/0]
      ThunderClan Unborn
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Mosspelt

Female
Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: better days [closed]   better days [closed] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2020 10:46 am

Eyes bright with anticipation and barely concealed excitement (great StarClan, she felt like a kit again) she purred as Raventail stated so matter-of-factly that he would be busy that day after all then. Busy roaming the moors with her, exploring his territory, seeing his favorite spots. Perhaps he'd even show her somewhere new! If not, then there was sure to be new sights around the familiar moor, after all, the territory seemed to constantly change under the open sky. Licking his cheek gently, she chuckled as he pushed the second bird aside, lowering his head to eat his half of the other. "I'm sure running the moors will bring us back exhausted and hungry, we can share it then if you'd like."

Quickly finishing her half, she peered over at him with a grin, stretching her legs out once more as she rolled onto her back before popping up onto her paws. Chirping quietly as she considered the options, she tilted her head at him and blinked once before deciding. "Why don't you show me your favorite place in all the moor?" Her paws kneaded the ground under her as she considered it, tail gently swishing behind her.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: better days [closed]   better days [closed] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

better days [closed]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: WindClan Territory-
Jump to: