Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
The Clans, having faced their various opponents and challenges, fight to maintain the normal lives they have built. What struggles await them as the creeping fingers of leaf-bare approach?
This month's activity check has been completed and closed. If you missed it, please PM a staff member with the filled form for each of your characters.
Leaf-bare is creeping closer still, the nights getting bitterly cold. The clans have received their first dusting of snow-fall for the season.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Make sure to check your Clan's Key Events under the Clan Information boards to see what's happening in your Clan!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Honor System/War Stuff

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Santa Klade

Santa Klade

Characters : [C]ardinalcry [M]istwalker [L]ightpaw
Female
Number of posts : 366
Clan/Rank : [C] Shadowclan Warrior [M]Thunderclan Warrior(2) [L]

Honor System/War Stuff Empty
PostSubject: Honor System/War Stuff   Honor System/War Stuff Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2019 12:30 pm

So, big Shadowclan/Skyclan war, right? Except it's Skyclan AND Thunderclan.

The battle's been dragged out. I mean, it could have been over by now. Cats get locked in due to running the clock, and yes, we as Shadowclan did this, but now everybody's dragging it out and it's taking forever.

So where's the problem?

Well, in addition to this, we were called OP just because we strategized. The odds were/are actually against us; By bringing Thunderclan into this, as a *last minute* surprise, SC was up against 4 High Ranks, as well as 1 tier 5 and two tier 4. Shadowclan had 1 tier 5, two tier 4, and only two high ranks. Not counting medicine cats. It's unfair, and quoting anonymous, "While [Shadowclan] have been planning this war forever now, the prickliness in regards to the subject on SkC's side has kinda always been there and it's made me a little worried. It's not as if we were spinning it to make our side more likely to win, and we even came up with branching paths in the plot to allow for either outcome in the war." We don't need to win, but Skyclan is fighting for their lives, even bringing a second clan in(Without telling Shadowclan until it was nearly too late).

And then, with that, this is a plot that we as Shadowclan have been planning and looking forward to, and Thunderclan's part in this war was not approved or mentioned previously, even to the organizer of the plot. Had it been only Skyclan, it'd have been evenly matched(Kari as Thornstar has said she'd try to match) and Shadowclan may have won, but because of our strategizing and own work.

So, basically, Skyclan brought in ThunderClan without us knowing. Then, everybody has been using posting time as an advantage to drag out individual battles.

" The idea is an honor system behind wars. No more intentionally waiting to try and get an advantage on the other side. It might have worked in our favor initially but honestly it was a mean thing to do and it just prolonged the war unnecessarily. "

We know and acknowledge it was bad, and I think it should be prevented in the future. Exactly how, I'm not sure. But I thought I'd throw it out there.

ThunderClan, Mistwalker 60/200 #2e4f73
ShadowClan, Cardinalcry, 40/120 #d25006
Shadowclan, Lightpaw, 20/80 #cc9900
Honor System/War Stuff 0XPdgyU
Back to top Go down
sumaskiira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumaskiira

Characters : [M]armalade | [B]arleytuft | [C]lovertwist | [D]acepaw
Female
Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 1750
Clan/Rank : [M] Kittypet MC[1] | [B] WC W[5] | [C] WC W[2] | [D] TC App

PostSubject: Re: Honor System/War Stuff   Honor System/War Stuff Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2019 8:22 am

It seems like maybe plot members keeping secret plot points from staff/other plot members is a regular point of contention between roleplayers. Important knowledge isn't disclosed, and while these sorts of sudden realizations and shock are accurate IC it can feel unfair OOC to have "surprise" plot twists.

Honor System/War Stuff GBNpeLI
Dacepaw of ThunderClan |
Apprentice [20/80]
Marmalade the Kittypet |
ex-Medicine Cat [45/100]
Barleytuft of WindClan |
T5 Warrior [100/280]
Clovertwist of WindClan
T2 Warrior [45/160]

(click name to view profile)
Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Grizzly

Male
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 1433

PostSubject: Re: Honor System/War Stuff   Honor System/War Stuff Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2019 10:24 am

Well, I've got a few things to say about this. These are all my own personal opinions. Bear (ha) with me:

Jade wrote:
The battle's been dragged out. I mean, it could have been over by now. Cats get locked in due to running the clock, and yes, we as Shadowclan did this, but now everybody's dragging it out and it's taking forever.

An entire week was set aside for the battle according to the signups. War didn't actually happen until Day 3, when Lynxscar attacked Foxfire. That was Saturday. The war is beginning to wrap up today, on Wednesday (Day 7). Even if you count the days when we weren't actually fighting, it is still a week. We are right on schedule. Wars always take time!

Jade wrote:
Well, in addition to this, we were called OP just because we strategized. The odds were/are actually against us; By bringing Thunderclan into this, as a *last minute* surprise, SC was up against 4 High Ranks, as well as 1 tier 5 and two tier 4. Shadowclan had 1 tier 5, two tier 4, and only two high ranks. Not counting medicine cats.

You're got a good point here. ShadowClan is not in the wrong for strategizing, nor are they OP because they used Night Finesse. Who wouldn't use it in this scenario? Now, about ThunderClan being brought in... yeah, that probably should've been discussed more OOC. Of course, Kari/Thornstar would not have been able to stop ThunderClan from joining, but a warning would have given more time to prepare. Given more OOC warning, SkyClan had every right to contact their allies. That's just how war works. However, there should have definitely been more OOC coordination and communication with the inclusion of ThunderClan.

Jade wrote:
Then, everybody has been using posting time as an advantage to drag out individual battles.

Now, don't get me wrong, I believe that harassing people to post is wrong and we need to make it more clear that it should not be happening unless they're, say, one hour from timing out. However, stalling is a battle tactic. Nobody is breaking a rule by waiting 23 hours to post, and it would be very unfair to change the 24 hour rule. Let's also not forget that it's the week before Thanksgiving and while some people were strategically stalling, some people really did have places to be and things to do. Unfortunately, I personally do not see the merit in telling people not to stall. Both sides did it, and both sides gained a competitive advantage by stalling. While, yes, it can be frustrating, it's a genuine way to turn the tides in your favor.

All in all, I think that compared to some other infamous battles (coughSunningrocks2017cough) this one was particularly low-salt. OOC, we certainly had a few hiccups, but I see it more as competitiveness among RPers who just really wanted their side to win. This battle has given staff a lot to consider with the way that some moves function in large-scale brawls, but I think that the mutual understanding that you can't force any one person to post is a good place to start. That is how I feel about it. There already is an honor system: mutual respect.

Aspenheart - WindClan Medicine Cat {I} - [40/70]* - #503B87
Ferretnose - ThunderClan Warrior {IV} - [75/210]* - #609E5D
Arno - Former SkyClan Warrior {III} - [60/200] - #D36B32
Honor System/War Stuff Screen11
*disabled stats
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Honor System/War Stuff   Honor System/War Stuff Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Honor System/War Stuff
Page 1 of 1