Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Greener Pastures {open}

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lemon
Former Staff
Former Staff
lemon

Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 1297

Greener Pastures {open} Empty
PostSubject: Greener Pastures {open}   Greener Pastures {open} EmptySun 24 Nov 2019 - 19:04

A massive tabby tom dragged himself from a hollow tree, hissing in pain at his wounded hind leg. The night spent in the tree had been cold, but it carried more substance with it than the city did. Nikita couldn't find a better shelter for the later hours, and instead tore up some moss and collapsed in the bark of his hollow cave. The day beforehand had been eventful, but such was life. Nikita wished to leave the city for once, to set his paws on greener ground. A few old enemies caught up with him along the way. They were more of a nuisance than a real issue, however the wound to his leg wasn't ideal by any means. He had killed the cat who dealt the damage, his friends running away in shock. The fear in their eyes used to fuel him, but he was old, and he was tired.

The land that stretched out before him now was that of the clan cats. Nikita had heard the stories of their groups and yet never had enough free time to test the wildcats' resolve. Only when his muscles leaned and his bones grew fragile that he became curious of the forest beyond the fence. A place to rest his aging frame. Nikita's green eyes scanned the browning forest, ears pricking at a bird above. Food in the city wasn't so... alive. He had dined on twoleg trash, boxed strangely in their weird mannerisms. Rats were somewhat of a delicacy in his home, and birds came few and far between. The sight of such a lively one here, in the forest, left Nikita wondering why he hadn't come sooner. But then he remembered, and pushed it away.

The brown tabby tom heaved his way through the undergrowth, hissing at his crimson wound. He had haphazardly shoveled some moss onto the torn shred of flesh the night before, unsurprised when the bleeding didn't stop. But he had faced worse. As old as he was, a wound like this one would not stop Nikita from functioning. He was too strong for such a thing. "Ze rathearts..." He spoke to himself, voice gravely and low. A few ginger licks were spared to his leg, until the presence of another cat took him by surprise.

"Vat do you want?" Nikita spat, green eyes slits as he flexed his long claws. "Keep walking, cat."

Loachkit
of RiverClan
Kit
10 HP / 30 SP

Back to top Go down
Kade

Kade

Characters : [R]owan
Clan/Rank : [R]T1 Rogue
Gemini Rooster
Number of posts : 466

PostSubject: Re: Greener Pastures {open}   Greener Pastures {open} EmptySun 24 Nov 2019 - 19:13

Mistwalker was on his normal morning walk. A sound drew him out of his mind and into reality, where he stood in front of a badly scarred cat. A rogue. But he'd learned kindness from Oakstar. "Uhm. So sorry to bother you, sir, but are you alright?" He asked, taking a single pawstep forward. "I truly would prefer to stray from violence."

Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

PostSubject: Re: Greener Pastures {open}   Greener Pastures {open} EmptySun 24 Nov 2019 - 20:29

Mossbloom had been hunting for herbs when the tangible scent of blood caught her attention. Following the trail, she happened upon an injured old tom cat, along with one of her clanmates, Mistwalker. Approaching cautiously, she eyes the wound, as well as the moss stuck haphazardly to it. It certainly wasn't pretty... But he had the right idea. If only he had something, or somecat, to apply pressure... And also clean moss. Padding to stand before the tom so she was fully in view, she lowered her head respectfully. "Greetings. I'm Mossbloom, I'd really like to be able to take a look at your wound and get your properly patched up, if you are alright with that."

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

Greener Pastures {open} Giphy
Back to top Go down
lemon
Former Staff
Former Staff
lemon

Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Greener Pastures {open}   Greener Pastures {open} EmptyMon 25 Nov 2019 - 11:38

Nikita curled his lip at the two new faces, angry with himself for being caught off guard. Their kindness was strange and rose the fur on his neck. A friendly face was only a ploy for plots and liars. Nikita had never encountered a forest cat, yet stayed wary of their possible plans against him. "I'm vine." He spat, shakily attempting to pad deeper into the forest. But the round eyes of his two watchers continued to follow him. He swung his head around and hissed; "I told you! I am vine!" But his leg spoke otherwise. Buckling underneath him, the tom was forced to sit awkwardly as he stifled a wince. He gazed at the two forest cats, looking ragged and grumpy. They were small anyway, and he could easily dispatch the two of them if they dared to try something funny. "Bunny-rabbit cats..." He muttered, stretching his leg out painfully to allow the smaller calico to take a look.

Loachkit
of RiverClan
Kit
10 HP / 30 SP

Back to top Go down
Kade

Kade

Gemini Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Greener Pastures {open}   Greener Pastures {open} EmptyMon 25 Nov 2019 - 17:30

Mistwalker didn't bother to say hello to Mossbloom; there was a wound that needed tending to. Gently, Mistwalker began to lick away the blood and moss. This was more Mossbloom's strong suit.

Last edited by Kade on Fri 29 Nov 2019 - 10:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Greener Pastures {open}   Greener Pastures {open} EmptyMon 25 Nov 2019 - 18:48

As the stubborn older tom tried to pad away, Mossbloom followed, eyes watching his gait and ears pricked. It didn't take long for her expectation to be met, as the leg gave out. Tail tip twitching slightly at the grizzled tom's words, she did not hesitate in approaching this time. Taking in the wound, she left Mistwalker to remove the drying blood and moss from around the wound while she gathered some herbs from around the roots of a nearby tree. Cobwebs would be more helpful than Moss in this case, less dirt to worry about - and the worst of the bleeding had halted. If left untreated though, infection would quickly take the leg as its own. As she returned, she caught the murmur and met the strange toned tom's eyes.

Grumpy-bear cat, this might sting a little bit at first, but I promise it will feel better before sundown. I can even show you the herbs I used, if you'd like, so you can take care of it yourself if you insist on continuing your journey. However... It would be good for your leg to stay and rest a while. I won't stop you though." Finishing cleaning the wound, she proceeded to chew up the oak leaves she found and paste them into the wound, then place the catchweed over the poultice with practiced, steady paws. Over that she carefully placed the cobwebs, before nudging some burnet and chamomile from the brief herb gathering that she had been able to accomplish. "If you must continue your journey, I insist that you eat those, they'll help give you strength. What is your name, grumpy-bear cat?"

ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

Back to top Go down
lemon
Former Staff
Former Staff
lemon

Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Greener Pastures {open}   Greener Pastures {open} EmptyMon 25 Nov 2019 - 19:47

Nikita watched with wary eyes as the two smaller forms collaborated around him. He stifled a hiss as the blue-gray tom began to lick at his leg wound. The calico went off to a nearby tree and scuffled at some roots. Nikita's large frame only observed, a low growl rumbling in his throat. "Grumpy-bear cat, HA!" He repeated the she-cat's words, stretching out his front paws. "You do not have ze moss in your ears after all, vorest cat." Nikita purred, green eyes softening. His frame was intimidating after all, however the calico and her counterpart seemed to shove that aside, simply patronizing his presence with nick-names and kind licks. The rogue didn't mind.

The she-cat worked along side the blue tom, spreading some kind of green pulp onto his wound. He hissed as it stung, shifting a little. "Easy!" Nikita snapped, the fur on his haunches rising. But the intentions of the two cats seemed pure. He settled back down into his seat in the grass, watching the birds hop among the branches above. His gaze was diverted however as the calico nudged some more green leafy things his way. "Only rabbits eat zese. I am not rabbit." He snorted and stared at the calico with neutral eyes until she asked his name. "Nikita." He stated simply, wondering if the forest cats would introduce themselves as well.

Loachkit
of RiverClan
Kit
10 HP / 30 SP

Back to top Go down
Kade

Kade

Gemini Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Greener Pastures {open}   Greener Pastures {open} EmptySat 30 Nov 2019 - 20:15

Mistwalker continued to stay silent- hard to speak when you're licking a wound. He paused for a few seconds to process the stranger- Nikita's- name. "Mistwalker."

Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Greener Pastures {open}   Greener Pastures {open} EmptySat 30 Nov 2019 - 20:24

Matching the strange accented tom's purr with her own, she continued about her work. As he hissed, flinching back, she paused for a moment before continuing as slowly as she possibly could. As he declined the herbs, her tail tip twitched slightly, her green eyes meeting his adamantly. "You'll be hopping like a rabbit when your wounds get infected if you don't eat them, so unless you'd like to be traveling like a rabbit I strongly suggest that you eat like one for just a little bit." Her eyes softened kindly and she wrapped her tail over her paws. "I promise they're not that bad, a little bitter bit nothing too terrible. They really will help, Nikita. My name is Mossbloom, it's a pleasure to meet you. What brings you this way?"

Back to top Go down
lemon
Former Staff
Former Staff
lemon

Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Greener Pastures {open}   Greener Pastures {open} EmptyWed 4 Dec 2019 - 10:20

"Mist-valker." Nikita repeated, glaring at the blue-gray tom. "Moss-bloom." He shifted his large body, long claws stretching out in the drying leaffall grass. "You have strange names, vorest cats. But you are not at all fierce as the stories say. More like kittypet. HA!" Nikita frowned and listened to Mossbloom explain her cause, promoting the herbs. Her logic was sound, and an innocent calico like her couldn't have any ill-intentions. Growling, Nikita reluctantly lapped up the bitter herbs, scowling as if he had been insulted. He listened to the leaves rustle until Mossbloom asked of his purpose, his cause for journeying into the forest. Nikita found a lump of dirt and rolled it under his paw, watching the dried leaves thoughtfully. "I am an old cat, have ze gray hairs around my muzzle, see?" The massive tom stuck his face close to the calico's, allowing her to witness his age. "I vant to catch rabbits and listen to leaves. Ze Twolegplace is loud, and annoying, like chittery squirrel. Too many cats and too much blood, so I will stay here, in the vorest."

Loachkit
of RiverClan
Kit
10 HP / 30 SP

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Greener Pastures {open}   Greener Pastures {open} EmptySat 14 Dec 2019 - 7:28

Mossbloom chuckled to herself as he called them kittypets, not entirely sure how Mistwalker would react to it. It didn't bother her much, she was aware of her past but had been a kit when she reached ThunderClan, so it rolled off of her shoulders. "We are fierce when we need to be, but we also help those in need. As part of my training as a medicine cat, I'm called to care for any cat in need, regardless of their origins." Smiling at the large, scarred tom, she did add a little bit. "We do have stories though, each of us, of our own battles." The fur at her chest ruffled in the wind, revealing bits of the four scars that traced down her chest. Her smile widened slightly as the tom lapped up the herbs, and she bounced a little on her paws. 

"Thank you, Nikita, I know they taste awful but I promise it won't last long and they will really help." She remained still as he pondered an answer, rolling some dirt around with his paw thoughtfully before he brought his face close to hers. She noted the gray hairs at his muzzle with ease, listening to the rest of his desires quietly. Glancing to Mistwalker, she settled onto the ground across from the strange-sounding tom, eyes honest. "Well, you won't find many rabbits here, they stay mainly on the moors. However, it is a very good spot to listen to the rustling leaves. There are many cats in the forest, though."

Flicking her tail in the directions of the very clans as she named them, she gave a brief explanation. "We are from ThunderClan, our territory runs from the river to the fallen oak. That is where SkyClan territory begins, to the Twolegplace. On the other side of the Thunderpath lies ShadowClan. The river is patrolled by RiverClan, and the moors by WindClan. I'm afraid to say that there may be bloodshed between us, despite many of our wishes to live in peace with each other. If you would like, I can bring you to our camp, and make sure you're fed and sheltered, treat your wounds. you can make your choice to stay or leave after that, I would never stop you."

Back to top Go down
lemon
Former Staff
Former Staff
lemon

Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Greener Pastures {open}   Greener Pastures {open} EmptySun 22 Dec 2019 - 13:14

"No." Nikita grumbled at Mossbloom's request. He had a long history with "too-many" cats, and knew very well the side-effects of their abundant lives. Nikita would rather shed his pelt before he turned himself in to a life of noisiness in their group. "I do not like many cats, and a clan is many, many cats." However the calico's words deemed themselves helpful as she described the forest, and the different landscapes it possessed. The massive tabby's fur pricked as he imagined the vastness of it all. It was good. Perhaps he would travel north toward the "ShadowClan" as Mossbloom had said. Not wanting to ask anymore questions, the tabby heaved himself to his paws, left ear flicking. He knew to stay away from anything that ended in -clan, and that was all he needed to know. They were all the same, forest cats and their strange lives. But they had good land and good prey. Maybe he'd find a rabbit in the north.

Nikita had overstayed his welcome, by his own standards, and it was time to go. Hiding his limp, the elderly tabby offered a grunt to Mistwalker and Mossbloom, green eyes narrow. "Vank you." He choked out, hating that he had lost his independence for a moment. However their intentions were good, and Nikita was smart enough to know not to burn every connection. "Goodbye." He nodded curtly, pelt prickling with a string of uncomfortableness. Nikita flicked his ear as a farewell and padded up the slope, striving with every movement to hide his weakness in his leg. He did not know how to process his encounter with the forest cats, but he would contemplate it later, after he had found a rabbit.

Loachkit
of RiverClan
Kit
10 HP / 30 SP

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greener Pastures {open}   Greener Pastures {open} Empty

Back to top Go down

Greener Pastures {open}
Page 1 of 1