Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

No Cat is an Island (Open!)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Characters : Turtlefur, Goldenstar, Lynxpetal, Creekpaw, Lightningpaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan Warrior, WindClan Leader, SkyClan Queen RiverClan Apprentice, WindClan Apprentice
Sagittarius Tiger
Number of posts : 8190

No Cat is an Island (Open!) Empty
PostSubject: No Cat is an Island (Open!)   No Cat is an Island (Open!) EmptyMon 18 Nov 2019 - 13:35

Spottedstar felt sick to his stomach. Part of it was the overwhelming scent of ThunderClan that clouded him from the two warriors that walked at either side, hackles raises and eyes narrowed, guiding him to their camp. The rest of it was the mortifying ordeal of being known and the prospect of telling Oakstar things he hadn't yet told himself, like how he doubted his own warriors and feared for the safety of his elders and kits. Was this what it meant to be a leader? To be sick with worry so fiercely that every border patrol sent out towards that blasted border was like a claw to his heart and a kick to his stomach? It wasn't fair. Just the moon before he was a young deputy trying to remember who he'd sent out already that day, and the moon before that he was merely a warrior who slept in trees and stole prey from his neighbors and often got into scraps over minor insults. He was kit-minded then, and in an aggravating realization, he understood that he was kit-minded now. The difference was that lives were depending on him to slake ShadowClan's thirst for blood.

Of course, walking alone and surrounded like a prisoner to a foreign camp was not the most reassuring feeling ever, and it was possible that his nervousness was more due to the thought of being completely surrounded by enemies when he was at his weakest point - begging, like a helpless creature. But he wouldn't dare leave his camp empty. Spottedstar would never forgive himself if he took his brother out of camp on a diplomatic mission and left his clan painfully unprotected without their medicine cat. No, he would do this alone, and if he died for peace, he would die alone. But maybe he was being overdramatic. Oakstar had been the calmest, most peace-oriented leader at the gatherings. His deputy... another problem for another time. For now, he could only pray to the stars and admire the lovely leaf-fall foliage of ThunderClan's camp as a warrior alerted Oakstar of Spottedstar's presence.

Sun // Living Characters // Deceased Characters
No Cat is an Island (Open!) 713E5771-31B2-4EA8-B75F-EC3A67DB4C32
Turtlefur || Tom || RiverClan T5 Warrior || Requirements || #cc9900
Goldenstar || She-cat || WindClan T5 Leader || Requirements || burlywood
Lynxpetal || She-cat || SkyClan Queen || darkblue
Lightningpaw || Tom || WindClan Apprentice || #dfd47e
Creekpaw || She-cat || RiverClan Apprentice || #4c5682

Last edited by Sun on Tue 19 Nov 2019 - 7:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Characters : Kestrelkit (SkC) | Marshkit (SC)
Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 2438

PostSubject: Re: No Cat is an Island (Open!)   No Cat is an Island (Open!) EmptyTue 19 Nov 2019 - 0:40

(Because this thread needs to move fast, you will all have about 24 hours to get in your character's responses as of this post. The sign-up sheet is here: Here. )

The news of SkyClan’s new leader at ThunderClan’s border was surprising. That he wanted an audience, was even more so. A sense of dread pricked at Oakstar’s spine as he stood on high rock. His amber gaze calm as he sat proudly at the top. The events of the gathering coming up in his mind. Was this because of the missing cats? Was this due to the accused murder the cats had caused? His mind churned with thoughts as his tail wrapped around his paws and the spotted tom stepped through the tunnel.

Oakstar waited calmly for the other leader to settle before he spoke.
"Spottedstar. It’s not often the leader of another clan comes to our camp." He paused, gaze flickered at the surrounding cats to acknowledge their collective presence before he continued. "I am remiss to inform you, we have not heard anything about your missing clanmates." His gaze softened at the words. He couldn’t imagine his clanmates just missing. It was different when they left, whether for good or with the promise to return, but to just disappear… his heart clenched at the thought. Sometimes he wondered if Batbite was still doing alright, where had the young she-cat’s journey taken her… he looked back at Spottedstar, refocusing.

"So Spottedstar, why have you come to ThunderClan?" He asked. His mind switched to Mossbloom, perhaps SkyClan needed herbs… they were a small clan, and even smaller now. It wouldn’t be safe to send an apprentice for herbs… and if the medicine cat was too busy… he straightened in concern. "Did something happen? Do you need herbs or Mossbloom’s help?"

Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

PostSubject: Re: No Cat is an Island (Open!)   No Cat is an Island (Open!) EmptyTue 19 Nov 2019 - 10:33

At the commotion coming from the center of camp, Mossbloom's head peered out of the ferns. As she caught Oakstar's eyes for a brief moment and he spoke her name, she gave herself a quick shake before padding away from the ferns that enclosed the medicine cat den and settled herself towards the front of the quickly gathering crowd, looking between Spottedstar and Oakstar. Hopefully Sagelight was okay....

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

No Cat is an Island (Open!) Giphy
Back to top Go down
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Characters : Turtlefur, Goldenstar, Lynxpetal, Creekpaw, Lightningpaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan Warrior, WindClan Leader, SkyClan Queen RiverClan Apprentice, WindClan Apprentice
Sagittarius Tiger
Number of posts : 8190

PostSubject: Re: No Cat is an Island (Open!)   No Cat is an Island (Open!) EmptyTue 19 Nov 2019 - 13:16

Oh, good. Oakstar and all of ThunderClan. He supposed their knowledge of the issues was inevitable, but he would have preferred not the be the one sharing it. Spottedstar considered that he had the right to ask to speak privately with the other leader, but the large tom looked quite at home on his boulder and the rest of the clan was beginning to gather to hear Spottedstar's pleas. Well, he'd have to overcome his pride someday. No news of his missing warriors was bitterly disappointing, but not the reason for his presence.

"SkyClan is in danger, Oakstar." He began, lifting his eyes to the dark-furred leader. He had long since decided that being straightforward was always better than deceit. "My missing warriors are being blamed for the death of Redwing, ShadowClan's former deputy. She may have died, but I can't be certain they did it on purpose. I don't know what to believe - I can't ask them because I can't find them." Frustration prickled at his paws, wishing that they would suddenly reappear before him. If they did, perhaps SkyClan could still escape the threat of Thornstar. "You know that I promised another leader - Thornstar - that I would find the truth. I said so in the gathering. I've done everything in my power to find those responsible, but it's not my fault that Thornstar approached us half a moon after the death! A cat could leave the forest in half that time, and there would be no hope of finding them! But that's not a good enough reason for Thornstar, I guess. She has ordered her clan to attack mine at our border. One of her warriors has maimed my deputy! They have demanded vengeance for the things we haven't done to them!" His temper was whipping Spottedstar into an aggravated state, tail lashing behind him and fur raising along his spine.

It was more than a conflict, building up and likely exploding into a war quite soon. It was unjust. ShadowClan needed someone to keep them in line since they obviously couldn't do it themselves. "Thornstar has sent a messenger to me. She wants to meet very soon. We'll fight, the two of us, and... I don't know, call it even? I don't know how it will help, but I do know that I can't trust ShadowClan. I was ambushed a few days ago, you know. I was on my own side of the border and everything. Their deputy and a warrior crossed just to attack me by surprise, simply because they saw me and decided they were above the law of the code. I'm worried that they'll not respect the duel or the outcome. Thornstar can kill me a hundred times over and I won't care, but StarClan help me, if they touch my clan... if they hurt my apprentices any more than they already have..." His nostrils flared and his claws scored the earth beneath him. His voice was breaking with the sheer effort it took to control the rise of anger and fear in his chest. Spottedstar's gaze fell, shifting around his paws as he realized he must look like a blathering coward. "I don't want revenge, Oakstar. I want ShadowClan to leave us alone. I am prepared to offer SkyClan's aid in the future in exchange for ThunderClan's support now. I think even your presence at the meeting will prevent something bigger and unjust from starting."

Sun // Living Characters // Deceased Characters
No Cat is an Island (Open!) 713E5771-31B2-4EA8-B75F-EC3A67DB4C32
Turtlefur || Tom || RiverClan T5 Warrior || Requirements || #cc9900
Goldenstar || She-cat || WindClan T5 Leader || Requirements || burlywood
Lynxpetal || She-cat || SkyClan Queen || darkblue
Lightningpaw || Tom || WindClan Apprentice || #dfd47e
Creekpaw || She-cat || RiverClan Apprentice || #4c5682
Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: No Cat is an Island (Open!)   No Cat is an Island (Open!) EmptyTue 19 Nov 2019 - 14:51

Ferretnose stood near Mossbloom as the spotted tom stated his case, good eye shifting around the edges of camp, unsure if there were strangers lurking in those shadows. She blinked once or twice for good measure, trying to clear the growing haze in her left. It was cloudier lately, which couldn't be a good sign. Ferretnose did not trust SkyClan. There was not an amicable bone in Tinylegs' body, and she had her own reservations about the attitude of the rest of the clan, considering that poor dead apprentice. Thornstar, however, terrified her to such a degree that she could nearly understand Spottedstar's plea. It wounded her empathetic heart to see him so overcome with fear.

Hesitant to speak over Oakstar, she leaned to whisper in Mossbloom's ear. "If Thornstar was willing to send her deputy after the newest leader in the forest, I'm positive they wouldn't have trouble maiming our apprentices as well." She imagined Rainpaw struggling beneath that beastly leader's sharp claws and dug her own into the coarse dirt. Ferretnose was not a fighter. "I want to help them... but our apprentices are at risk too..."

No Cat is an Island (Open!) TpKJUN0

Rushkit | RiverClan Kit | #4b5320
Lionkit | ThunderClan Kit | #cb945f
Back to top Go down
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Characters : Kestrelkit (SkC) | Marshkit (SC)
Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 2438

PostSubject: Re: No Cat is an Island (Open!)   No Cat is an Island (Open!) EmptyWed 20 Nov 2019 - 3:52

He listened in silence as Spottedstar spoke. He let the other tom vent his frustration at his currently missing members and bitterness towards Thornstar and ShadowClan… unfortunately, Spottedstar wasn’t wrong. It stung at his chest, the knowledge that a clan he was once part of… he forced back those thoughts. Now was not the time nor place. He looked down at the riled up leader, forcing his pelt to stay smooth and calm.

"Your dedication to justice is admirable, Spottedstar." He began, the idea that a warrior would kill a deputy sat badly with him. Yet, if they couldn’t be found… did they run in guilt, or in fear? He mulled it over for a moment, his tail twitched as he kept on the task at paw. "The loss of any deputy can take time to process." His gaze turned to where Beartooth usually sat. "I couldn’t imagine what I’d do without Beartooth… however, that is no reason to allow clanmates to behave so recklessly." His gaze turned towards the gathered cats.

If he joined Spottedstar in this… would they lose anyone? He was loathe to admit it… but a fight between two leaders… he breathed deeply. Let the scent of frost and kin clear his thoughts. His eyes closed for a moment, but when they reopened, he stared at Spottedstar directly. Gaze unwavering.
"You showed bravery coming to our camp. Rest easy Spottedstar. ThunderClan will join you, but in the pursuit of legitimate justice. I will not risk my clanmates lives for anything less." Oakstar turned his gaze to Mossbloom, they softened in sympathy. She had a lot more work suddenly… "I will hope this will not turn into a battle, but just in case, " His gaze flickered towards a few clanmates. "I’ll have some trusted clanmates nearby when this… meeting of yours, ours takes place."

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Cat is an Island (Open!)   No Cat is an Island (Open!) Empty

Back to top Go down

No Cat is an Island (Open!)
Page 1 of 1