Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
The Clans, having faced their various opponents and challenges, fight to maintain the normal lives they have built. What struggles await them as the creeping fingers of leaf-bare approach?
This month's activity check has been completed and closed. If you missed it, please PM a staff member with the filled form for each of your characters.
Leaf-bare is creeping closer still, the nights getting bitterly cold. The clans have received their first dusting of snow-fall for the season.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Make sure to check your Clan's Key Events under the Clan Information boards to see what's happening in your Clan!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Grief-Stricken Paws

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mossletoe
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Mossletoe

Characters : Mossbloom (M) ; Dappleshine (D) ; Goldengale (G)
Female
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1105
Clan/Rank : (M) ThunderClan - Tier 2 Medicine Cat ; (D) WindClan - Tier 5 Warrior ; (G) WindClan - Tier 3 Warrior

Grief-Stricken Paws Empty
PostSubject: Grief-Stricken Paws   Grief-Stricken Paws Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2019 10:58 am

Mossbloom was numb as she padded slowly through ThunderClan's territory. She still hated leaving the camp, her solitary den where she was seldom interrupted in her grief-colored thoughts. Pricklebush's old nest was musty now, starting to smell of decoy.... But still she couldn't bear the thought of removing the final bit of his presence from the den. She wasn't sure when she ever could. Herbs still needed gathered though, and she was the one to have to gather them. Today she was hunting for comfrey, and as she neared the smooth stones of Sunningrocks she caught the faintest whiff of the plant on the breeze. Making her way over, she carefully dug the roots up, being sure to leave enough for the plant to continue to grow. As she straightened with the root between her jaws, another familiar scent caught her nose, one that brought the memories of Pricklebush's last moment right to mind.

Looking up at the stones that RiverClan had claimed, the figure of Mistlepaw could be seen. For a fleeting moment, Mossbloom considered quietly slipping back into the nearby foliage, to avoid the conversation that she had been dreading. No, she couldn't, wouldn't do that. Pricklebush had been Mistlepaw's mentor as well, and she had also been present in the fight that had ended up taking his life. Taking a deep breath, she set the comfrey down. Besides, the medicine cat meeting was coming soon, she'd have no choice but to see her then. Calling out softly, she sat down and waited for the reaction of RiverClan's medicine cat. "Um, hi... Mistlepaw... Are you looking for comfrey too?"

Mossbloom (She-Cat): 50 HP/120 SP ThunderClan Medicine Cat (Tier 2) (009933)
Dappleshine (She-Cat): 100 HP/280 SP WindClan Warrior (Tier 5) (006699)
Goldengale (She-Cat): 60 HP/200 SP WindClan Warrior (Tier 3) (ff9900)

Site Administrator ~~~ ThunderClan Medicine Cat
Back to top Go down
Lulu

Lulu

Characters : a lot
Female
Aries Rooster
Number of posts : 719
Clan/Rank : top rinklet

PostSubject: Re: Grief-Stricken Paws   Grief-Stricken Paws Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2019 5:17 pm

"Pricklebush?"

Mistlepaw mewed gently, limping into the clearing. The smell of blood was strong enough to make the she-cat gag, but she had nothing to throw up. The contents of her stomach were emptied the minute Mossbloom dropped her off at Thunderclan camp. She pushed her way through the growing crowd, even though cats tried to usher her back into the medicine den. Her leg was completely broken, with blood and dirt crusting over the wound, but she didn't care. All that mattered was that she got to him. She was so close now, she could see him, resting limply across the large brown tom's shoulders..

She collapsed in the dirt and cried in agony. She dragged herself the rest of the way, tears of anguish and pain slipping down her cheeks. She knew before she got there that he was dead. The three cats were covered in it, looking grim. 

He was gone. After losing her mentor, sister, grandfather, mother..she lost her best friend as well. She had nothing left now. Nothing. She was alone, just like the voices always jeered. Alone..alone...

~~~

Mistlepaw blinked, her ears twitching as a small voice uttered her name and asked her a silly question about herbs. She stared at the river for a moment longer, then peered up to see a calico she-cat. The gray and white she-cat blinked again, her eyes narrowing in thought. Why was she here? More importantly, why was she talking to her? The two cats never conversed outside of medicine cat meetings, and they rarely spoke at those too. So, why was she here, trying to start conversation? Did she..did she pity her? Mistlepaw scoffed in her head and glanced down at her broken leg. She examined the bindweed and sticks that held the leg in place while it healed. For a weakened medicine cat that lost a vast amount of blood that day, she managed to keep her wound in check. At last she had one thing going for her. Mistlepaw looked back up at Mossbloom and remembered she had to respond. "I'm thinking," she meowed shortly, her gaze returning to the current of the river.

Back to top Go down
Mossletoe
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Mossletoe

Female
Cancer Rat
Clan/Rank : (M) ThunderClan - Tier 2 Medicine Cat ; (D) WindClan - Tier 5 Warrior ; (G) WindClan - Tier 3 Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Grief-Stricken Paws   Grief-Stricken Paws Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2019 6:07 pm

Mistlepaw had been staring at the river, but her eyes raised a few heartbeats after she broke the silence. The other she-cat's eyes narrowed slightly, and Mossbloom faltered. Maybe she shouldn't have broken her silence after all... Mistlepaw's gaze drifted down to her leg, and Mossbloom's own followed. It was set well, and seemed to be healing well. That the younger she-cat was able to heal herself so well after the wounds she received was nothing short of amazing. If only she were that accomplished, Mossbloom thought bitterly, perhaps Pricklebush would still be there.

Blinking as she realized that the other medicine cat's eyes had found hers once more, she nodded silently in response before their gazes simultaneously returned to the river. The tumbling current carried a few colored leaves, and Mossbloom watched them in silence until one of the four was caught, swirling in place before sinking under the current. A small gasp escaped her, fur along her back raising slightly. Was this a sign? Why would StarClan revealed something now, when it was too late? Were they that cruel?

What more could they possibly take from her?

Looking away from where the leaf had sunk, an ear flicked absently. Mistlepaw had faced her share of hardships and heartbreak too. She had also lost her mentor, much younger than Mossbloom. And now she had lost another. They had never really talked, but Mossbloom had heard a lot regarding her progress as Pricklebush had praised the other she-cat. Glancing over, she spoke again, her voice just over the rushing water.

"I miss him. He talked about you a lot, he was always praising how well you were doing and how quickly you learned. He wanted to spend more and more time in RiverClan, with you... I thought that the day would come where he just... Wouldn't come back." Her shoulders slumped before she laid out, placing her head on her paws. "Especially after his sister... I don't think he really wanted to return." A couple more heartbeats of silence passed before she turned her head away, staring pointedly at the ground as the sharp sting of tears started in the corner of her eyes. "Why... Why did I get such a useless, pointless warning from StarClan.... Who cares if two cats love each other... That's not my problem.... It's theirs.... Why didn't they warn me? Why didn't they tell any of us? Surely they knew.... They had to have known.... So why were we left in the dark?...."

Back to top Go down
Lulu

Lulu

Characters : a lot
Female
Aries Rooster
Number of posts : 719
Clan/Rank : top rinklet

PostSubject: Re: Grief-Stricken Paws   Grief-Stricken Paws Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2019 7:20 pm

The Riverclan she-cat did what she always did best and listened. She allowed Mossbloom to vent her frustrations to her. Starclan knows she was feeling the exact same way. Her eyes remained on the river, trained on the leaves that gently floated down to the water's surface without a care in the world. For a moment, she envied them. They were free to go as they pleased. They were not bound to their duties, codes, or clans. They were free. Truly free. For a moment, just a moment, Mistlepaw craved that freedom. She leaned into it, closer...closer...she could almost taste it...

"Why didn't they warn me? Why didn't they tell any of us? Surely they knew.... They had to have known.... So why were we left in the dark?...."

Those words knocked Mistlepaw out of her daze. She gasped, jumping back, and immediately regretted it. Pain shot up her leg at the sudden movement and she gritted her teeth, biting her tongue to suppress a yowl of pain. She settled back down, grimacing, with her wide green eyes staring intensely at Mossbloom. "M-Mossbloom..they..they..they did warn me." Hearing her say the words out loud made her feel defeated. She denied it at first. There were certainly no parallels between her revelation and Pricklebush's last stand. But as she thought about it more and more, slowly placing the pieces together, she realized. She dreamed of her mentor's death. She had come this close to warning them. "I could've saved him," she thought the unfathomable, and immediately burst into tears. "Mossbloom! They told me! They told me and I...and I was going to tell you!" She forced the truth out of her, in between her gut-wrenching cries, "I wasn't fast enough! I could've saved him! Oh Starclan, I killed Pricklebush. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry.

"You couldn't save them, Mistlepaw. You couldn't save Finchkit. Fallowlight. Jaystar. Hailsong. Pricklebush. You killed them. You killed them all. Their blood stains your paws." Their deaths replayed before her, with each body covered in blood or being lowered into the ground as she watched on, helpless. Their wide, lifeless eyes focused on hers as the voices danced around her, their words cutting her like claws and letting venom drip into her blood. "You killed them. You killed them."

Back to top Go down
Mossletoe
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Mossletoe

Female
Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Grief-Stricken Paws   Grief-Stricken Paws Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2019 6:01 am

Mistlepaw's reaction could have been any number of things. Anger at Mossbloom for even saying such a thing against StarClan, realization of what she said followed by her own anger toward their ancestors, indignation that a warning could have changed anything.... But her reaction was none of those. The she-cat gasped and jumped back, landing awkwardly on her injured leg as Mossbloom jumped up in surprise, eyes wide and searching the area. Had she seen something she hadn't? Oh stars, what if the fox and dog were back for more? Moving closer to the RiverClan medicine cat's side, fur raised, her confusion only grew as Mistlepaw settled back down and spoke, her wide eyes staring into Mossbloom's.

So. Mistlepaw had seen something she didn't, but it wasn't here. She had received warning about Pricklebush's death. Who else had? Who else hadn't warned her, hadn't warned him? She knew her eyes narrowed slightly before she heard the rest of Mistlepaw's words. Wouldn't, or couldn't? She recalled Mistlepaw's statement that had been cut short by the sudden snapping of the twig. Had that been her trying to explain her dream? It had been right after Mossbloom shared hers, after all. Settling in next to the she-cat's sobbing side, numb once more, she considered everything.

"No." Her voice finally spoke, cutting through the silence. Her head turned to look at Mistlepaw's, shaking her head slightly. "No, there was nothing more you could have done. The visions we receive from StarClan will come to pass one way or another. If we couldn't save him, if StarClan wasn't ready for him, he wouldn't have joined their ranks. You have no blame, Mistlepaw. You did all you could... We all did. I'm sorry, it was harsh of me to say what I did... Knowing couldn't have changed anything, just as not knowing would. In fact, it seems more terrible, having known and been powerless to prevent it. I'm sorry, Mistlepaw." Pressing close to the other cat's side, she fell back into silence.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grief-Stricken Paws   Grief-Stricken Paws Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grief-Stricken Paws
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Sunningrocks-
Jump to: